PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- It's Nice To Get Off Edition

Coach34
10-06-2019, 09:38 AM
1. October means gumbo. Well, to me it does anyway. A 3 game win streak and a bye week for the Dawgs makes for a relaxing Saturday with good food. I enjoyed the day.

2. Dont tell anybody- but Dan Mullen has now won 10 games in a row. Florida played fairly well in spite of the turnovers and got in Auburn's ass. Tough to get up 3 weeks in a row for any team- and Auburn didnt quite have that fire yesterday. But most of that was because Florida's atmosphere was crazy and they got in that ass. Nix couldnt handle the moment and pressure Florida put on them. Florida stopped that power running game. I dont think Florida is good enough to beat Georgia on a neutral field- but they are getting closer. That being said- LSU's atmosphere will likely be too much for Trask next week and LSU handles them. Mullen looks like a 10 game winner in 2019

3. LSU is rolling and the only team thats going to beat them is Bama in T-Town. We cant handle them as they are getting healthy on D. Yes, I know Vandy score 30-something on them but that was an anomoly. LSU gets Fla and Aub and at home and that should be the difference for them this year. If you cant see the progress O has made as a HC you arent paying attention.

4. The GusBus gets a much needed week off after a 3 week stretch of @A&M, State, and @ Fla. The set up to be fired schedule does him no favors as they still have @LSU plus home games vs Georgia and Bama. Auburn is good but that damn schedule is rough. Georgia looks to be the best chance out of those 3 to win.

5. Mississippi is looking better these days now that RichRod has his type of QB to run his offense. Plumlee can play. If Auburn doesnt hurt him- we will have our hands full for the Egg Bowl with the run D we are trotting out there. Gay being on the field will help alot tho. If Bryant is really hurt- put Mizzou on upset alert next weekend. RichRod is going to save Luke's job and work himself into another head gig it looks like.

6. Tennessee showed some life last night but Georgia was just too good. Saturday at 11am should be like a 2A Academy match-up atmosphere-wise- so it shouldnt be too tough on us. I dont expect them to lay down- but this is a game we should certainly win. Hell, it's a must win for the confidence of the fanbase moving forward.

7. Anybody needing a DC needs to begin contacting Derrick Mason's agent. I believe his clock has started. They are awful.

8. What a shitshow in Oxford over their new President choice. Old Times there are not ever forgotten.

9. The SEC is going to put the playoff committee to the test again this December if Georgia beats Auburn on the Plains. Imagine walking into the SEC title game with undefeated Bammer, undefeated Georgia, and 11-1 LSU staring poll voters in the face. Pac-12 has eliminated themselves. It looks to be Ohio State in the Big Ten but Wisky is solid. Clemson in the ACC. Oklahoma in the Big 12. An undefeated team wont be skipped over- but those teams outside the SEC cant afford a slip up.

10. Big weekend next Saturday. #HailState

TrapGame
10-06-2019, 09:51 AM
Good post. You've been on a roll lately.

If Shoop decides to go elsewhere Derrick Mason may be an option. He's a much better DC than HC. I think he could recruit much better at State than Vandy.

Tennessee is a must win. I want to see Joe and the team treat it as such.

Turfdawg67
10-06-2019, 09:51 AM
I don't feel good about next week unless UT mails it in or we have Autry/Gay back. Without them, our D is atrocious.

bluelightstar
10-06-2019, 09:56 AM
I will be at Rocky Top and would like to win -- unfortunately, I do not expect to. I also think LSU will beat Florida but Mullen is good against O.

Dawgology
10-06-2019, 09:57 AM
Oklahoma and Jalen are legit this year with a cake walk to the playoffs. I’m pulling for an Oklahoma/Bama matchup in game 1. Texas will be their biggest test but I personally think they will blow out Texas.

KOdawg1
10-06-2019, 10:01 AM
I think LSU beats Bama

Coach34
10-06-2019, 10:02 AM
I think LSU beats Bama

Maybe- but I always go with the home team in big SEC games

1bigdawg
10-06-2019, 10:04 AM
If Shoop decides to go elsewhere Derrick Mason may be an option. He's a much better DC than HC. I think he could recruit much better at State than Vandy.

I will wait on the "recruiting better" at State than at Vandy until I see Marve's results.

Cooterpoot
10-06-2019, 10:07 AM
We’ve had 2 weeks to get ready for TN, plus this week. If we don’t show signs of life, Then I’ll give up on them.

msstate7
10-06-2019, 10:12 AM
5. Since plumlee took over they've run for 279 on Bama and 413 on vandy. 279 is the most on Bama since 2014 Ohio st. 413 on vandy is the most since Bama in 2017. Sure some of bama's total was bc of Bama being disengaged, but in case you didn't know, we suck at rush defense, 12th in sec. Now the scary part, they're better at us at total offense, total defense, rush defense, and scoring defense. They are dead last in pass defense, so shrader could have a big day passing. We're better at scoring offense

dawgday166
10-06-2019, 10:19 AM
Good write up.

2) I thought Mullen & Hev couldn't coach? ** Mullen may give Ga some fits this year at the cocktail party. Grantham's D gonna challenge Ga O (not that AU's O was that great, but FL has some speed over there). Kirby hates Mullen tho, so he should have his boys ready to play.

Maroonthirteen
10-06-2019, 10:25 AM
We’ve had 2 weeks to get ready for TN, plus this week. If we don’t show signs of life, Then I’ll give up on them.

What’s the QB news? If Shrader takes the first team reps and is named starter Monday, I like our chances with Gay and Autry playing.

Is it for sure Gay and Autry will play? Maybe we find out these personnel answers Tuesday.

Cooterpoot
10-06-2019, 10:55 AM
Shrader will start. Stevens is still banged up.

Cooterpoot
10-06-2019, 10:57 AM
Gay is definitely playing. If Autry plays, we wont see him again til OM, so I don’t know if he plays (I would bet he does). We have to save him for OM.

Coach34
10-06-2019, 11:05 AM
Gay is supposed to play vs Tenn, UPig, and OM to help us win the toss-up games

RocketDawg
10-06-2019, 11:14 AM
Excellent summary.

Shrader looked a lot better in the Auburn home environment than Nix did in the Florida home environment, with about the same attendance (92,000 at Florida, 87,000 at Auburn. Both were loud). Shrader is good as a true freshman, and will be outstanding before he leaves MSU.

After seeing Tennessee last night, it's probably a good thing our game is at 11 a.m.

Ari Gold
10-06-2019, 11:24 AM
I look for all hands on deck except for Autry.. with the Week off we Should be pretty healthy on the DL and OL .. I don?t think we play him this week and not again for 7 weeks .
Just my opinion

Cooterpoot
10-06-2019, 11:27 AM
I think Autry plays. No point in saving him for AR. And Shoop vs TN might be another reason.

BuckyIsAB****
10-06-2019, 12:53 PM
I said before the season started that it wouldnt surprise me if Plumlee was the guy before it was over. Corral will be looking for somewhere else in December. Moorhead might be too if we lose to TN. They are bad. We are better than them up front on both sides, have a better QB regardless of which one that plays. (It better be Shrader) and the best players on the field in 8 and 6. I dont care if its on the road this is a must win

DownwardDawg
10-06-2019, 01:18 PM
I think LSU beats Bama

I just can’t see it. Bama will score 40 or more. I don’t think LSU can keep up.

Commercecomet24
10-06-2019, 01:31 PM
We just need to ride with Shrader from here on out. Sure he's gonna make some freshman mistakes but he makes our offense much better.

RocketDawg
10-06-2019, 01:54 PM
We just need to ride with Shrader from here on out. Sure he's gonna make some freshman mistakes but he makes our offense much better.

He has earned that right.

Irondawg
10-06-2019, 02:28 PM
Got say Plumlee looks better than I thought he would look, especially as a freshman. Many on here said he'd never be a SEC level QB although he does really fit the system they run now.

Bothrops
10-06-2019, 02:45 PM
Unless something changes with our defense, Plumlee will have a season record on us.

NCDawg
10-06-2019, 02:56 PM
I said before the season started that it wouldnt surprise me if Plumlee was the guy before it was over. Corral will be looking for somewhere else in December. Moorhead might be too if we lose to TN. They are bad. We are better than them up front on both sides, have a better QB regardless of which one that plays. (It better be Shrader) and the best players on the field in 8 and 6. I dont care if its on the road this is a must win

I'm not sure we're better than TN on defense. We were exposed on defense by Auburn. I agree we have a better QB.

NCDawg
10-06-2019, 03:06 PM
Got say Plumlee looks better than I thought he would look, especially as a freshman. Many on here said he'd never be a SEC level QB although he does really fit the system they run now.

Yeah, quite a few people on here said Plumlee would never, ever, play QB in the SEC. Somewhat similar to people saying Ealy would definitely sign a baseball contract, so no big loss.

RocketDawg
10-06-2019, 03:19 PM
Unless something changes with our defense, Plumlee will have a season record on us.

It has potential to be a pretty high-scoring game.

Thick
10-06-2019, 03:37 PM
Why are y’all hyping Plumlee? He’s running QB (damn fast), but they have only played Bama. They have beaten shitty AR and shitty Vandy. A lot of football left to play, plus everybody has film on him now. His issue is passing, stack the box, and let’s see what happens. I think we see a different MSU team moving forward, but we really need to get off to a fast start this weekend.

Commercecomet24
10-06-2019, 03:45 PM
Why are y?all hyping Plumlee? He?s running QB (damn fast), but they have only played Bama. They have beaten shitty AR and shitty Vandy. A lot of football left to play, plus everybody has film on him now. His issue is passing, stack the box, and let?s see what happens. I think we see a different MSU team moving forward, but we really need to get off to a fast start this weekend.

Great post. He's a dang good runner but can't throw a lick. Put a spy on him and stack the box and take his run away and make him beat you throwing the ball.

Tbonewannabe
10-06-2019, 03:46 PM
5. Since plumlee took over they've run for 279 on Bama and 413 on vandy. 279 is the most on Bama since 2014 Ohio st. 413 on vandy is the most since Bama in 2017. Sure some of bama's total was bc of Bama being disengaged, but in case you didn't know, we suck at rush defense, 12th in sec. Now the scary part, they're better at us at total offense, total defense, rush defense, and scoring defense. They are dead last in pass defense, so shrader could have a big day passing. We're better at scoring offense

UM lucked up being able to hire both coordinators because of off the field issues. Both of those guys are very good at what they do.

Dawgology
10-06-2019, 03:59 PM
Why are y’all hyping Plumlee? He’s running QB (damn fast), but they have only played Bama. They have beaten shitty AR and shitty Vandy. A lot of football left to play, plus everybody has film on him now. His issue is passing, stack the box, and let’s see what happens. I think we see a different MSU team moving forward, but we really need to get off to a fast start this weekend.

He, honestly, reminds me of Fitz in his play style.

maroonmania
10-06-2019, 06:34 PM
We?ve had 2 weeks to get ready for TN, plus this week. If we don?t show signs of life, Then I?ll give up on them.

So with 2 weeks to prepare it might be possible to get our first play of the game off without a delay of game penalty??

BuckyIsAB****
10-06-2019, 08:56 PM

He is a winner. I am extremely glad he no longer plays at Oak Grove High School. College coaches are scared to sell out vs one thing or another, unless you are Todd Grantham so I doubt Plumlee sees very many teams that say ''throw it''. A lot of the best teams he saw in HS sold out vs the run and it didnt matter. He is legit.

BuckyIsAB****
10-06-2019, 08:57 PM
I'm not sure we're better than TN on defense. We were exposed on defense by Auburn. I agree we have a better QB.

We are better than them on the OL and DL. When we have Autry and Gay we are a different group on D. Gay is a NFL guy. He could play RB right now and be fine. He is that dude. Was a recipe for disaster the second he got caught with tutorgate.

Commercecomet24
10-06-2019, 08:59 PM
We are better than them on the OL and DL. When we have Autry and Gay we are a different group on D. Gay is a NFL guy. He could play RB right now and be fine. He is that dude. Was a recipe for disaster the second he got caught with tutorgate.

This. Those 10 have hurt this team big time especially missing willie and autry. Willie is a difference maker

TALL DAWG
10-06-2019, 09:13 PM
I think Autry plays. No point in saving him for AR. And Shoop vs TN might be another reason.

We better play Autry and Gay at UT!! Its a no brainer!!
Let Autry set out at UPig.

Tbonewannabe
10-07-2019, 07:19 AM
We better play Autry and Gay at UT!! Its a no brainer!!
Let Autry set out at UPig.

Also by that time, those freshmen have had almost an entire season of playing time.

ShotgunDawg
10-07-2019, 07:59 AM
He is a winner. I am extremely glad he no longer plays at Oak Grove High School. College coaches are scared to sell out vs one thing or another, unless you are Todd Grantham so I doubt Plumlee sees very many teams that say ''throw it''. A lot of the best teams he saw in HS sold out vs the run and it didnt matter. He is legit.

Meh, The Ole Miss offense will be very limited with him against good defenses, unless he learns to pass, which he won't because it doesn't work that way, or Ole Miss goes to a triple option type offense.

Tbonewannabe
10-07-2019, 09:21 AM
Meh, The Ole Miss offense will be very limited with him against good defenses, unless he learns to pass, which he won't because it doesn't work that way, or Ole Miss goes to a triple option type offense.

Rich Rod's offense isn't too far from it.