PDA

View Full Version : ALDS. Gerrit Cole basically shutting down the Rays by himself. 10 K?s through 5

RougeDawg
10-05-2019, 10:26 PM
Astros 1,2,3 punch is going to be difficult to beat this post season and their offense really has not woken up from the 4 day layoff.

Autocorrect put getting instead of Gerrit.

RougeDawg
10-05-2019, 10:44 PM
Ball boy down left field line cost Astros a run. Didn?t move stool and ball hit stool and went to left fielder instead of in the corner. Runner had to stop at 3rd.

Really Clark?
10-05-2019, 11:21 PM
Cole was flat dealing tonight

RougeDawg
10-05-2019, 11:22 PM
For anyone who missed the game you missed one of the best pitching performances in Major League post season history. Cole pitched 7 2/3 innings with 15 strikeouts. 3 hits. Tied for 3rd place all time for strikeouts in a post season game with Roger Clemens. Only Bob Gibson had 17 in 1968 and Kevin Brown 16 in 1998.

Masterpiece of a game. A real baseball persons game. I love October.

msstate7
10-05-2019, 11:23 PM
Cole was flat dealing this year
Fify

RougeDawg
10-05-2019, 11:24 PM
Cole was flat dealing tonight

Even my dad who is 71 and has watched some of the best pitchers the game has ever seen, said he?s never seen anything like it. I hope people go back and watch because it does not happen much in a lifetime. Something special.

Really Clark?
10-05-2019, 11:29 PM
Even my dad who is 71 and has watched some of the best pitchers the game has ever seen, said he?s never seen anything like it. I hope people go back and watch because it does not happen much in a lifetime. Something special.

It really was special

RougeDawg
10-05-2019, 11:31 PM
It really was special

Astros hitters have to wake up. Look a little hesitant even when the pitcher is not changing things up. Tampa has best ERA in bigs, but I expected more from Stros hitters to this point.

Really Clark?
10-05-2019, 11:38 PM
Astros hitters have to wake up. Look a little hesitant even when the pitcher is not changing things up. Tampa has best ERA in bigs, but I expected more from Stros hitters to this point.

Think it’s just playoff baseball. Teams that are pitching well make the hitters look bad when it’s pressure games. This has been a great game with TB still fighting in the 9th

RougeDawg
10-06-2019, 12:16 AM
Think it?s just playoff baseball. Teams that are pitching well make the hitters look bad when it?s pressure games. This has been a great game with TB still fighting in the 9th

No doubt. I expect the Stros to step up their hitting going forward. Great game and pitching performance.

RougeDawg
10-06-2019, 12:32 AM
Think it?s just playoff baseball. Teams that are pitching well make the hitters look bad when it?s pressure games. This has been a great game with TB still fighting in the 9th

No doubt. Astros hitters are still taking too many fastballs when they should know fastballs are coming. Monday may tell a differ story.

Aside from the game, Frank Thomas seems to give the best insight from a former player than anyone, except Big Papi. Big frank, Bo Jackson and roger Clemens were my childhood favorites. Read and wrote book reviews on all of them in elementary school. Bo has most interesting back story of them all. Quite sad frankly.

Frank is a great baseball analyst. ARod tries to get too technical.

IMissJack
10-06-2019, 09:54 AM
Astros fans are already talking about who we are going to have to dump to have the money to keep Cole next year. He is a SoCal guy, so a lot of people think the Angels are going to get him, but whoever it is, he is probably going to get north of $30M/yr and want at least 6 yr. deal.