PDA

View Full Version : Those of us that are frustrated as hell with Mullen, just want to see a few changes..

HoopsDawg
10-26-2013, 07:28 PM
1. Dak is the guy. No more QB rotation.

2. Play J-Rob more on 1st and 2nd down and use Perkins more on 3rd downs.

3. Let's get the more talented players more reps, and quit the excessive rotation. I'm talking more Fred Ross instead of #16. More Chris Jones instead of #92. More Redmond instead of #23.

4. Let's make some 2nd half adjustments. Sometimes all that means is looking at what was working in the 1st half and keep going to it. Our play-calling the first 2 possessions of the 2nd half against UK was mind-blowing. And our defense giving up points to end the first half in 3 straight games is inexcusable.

5. Mix up the tempo on offense. There's nothing wrong with incorporating a little more up-tempo with Dak.

6. Manage the game better. This should be common sense. But have a plan on 3rd down if you are going to go for it on 4th. And any FG longer than 40, we need to be going for it. Don't put Bell in to punt in a tough spot. Don't go for 2 in the first quarter. Don't give the ball to Bowling Green and UK in great field position with the game on the line, pooch punt.

7. For the love of all that's holy, RECRUIT better. Sure, you have to recruit developmental players at MSU, but don't make that your freaking mantra. JUCOs are your friend at MSU.

8. In the words of the late Al Davis, JUST WIN BABY. Just win a F'n game against a team with a pulse.

Mullen is so close to being what we need at MSU. Can he make an honest assessment of himself and his staff and make the "tweaks" necessary to get us to a bowl and keep his job? I hope he can, b/c things set up really nicely in 2014.

MrKotter
10-26-2013, 08:12 PM
#9. Cuss a ref like you did 2 yrs ago

Dawgface
10-26-2013, 08:18 PM
#9. Cuss a ref like you did 2 yrs ago

In other words...... look like you give a shit.

Schultzy
10-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Now this is a sober assessment of things. My only tweaks to your post are...

.6 Go with Sobiesk

.7 Just recruit OL better. We are talented everywhere else.

Dawg61
10-26-2013, 08:23 PM
10. Mullen to retrieve his nuts, he seems to have misplaced them

Goat Holder
10-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Mullen is so close to being what we need at MSU. Can he make an honest assessment of himself and his staff and make the "tweaks" necessary to get us to a bowl and keep his job? I hope he can, b/c things set up really nicely in 2014.

I agree completely with this. In the perfect world we'd finish this thing out 6-6, go in recruiting with momentum (we've got a nice class with 2 dual threat QBs), then roll to a big year next year. The pieces are in place for Mullen to do what he wants to do. Let's just not screw it up.

Good Lord I still cannot even portray how devastating that loss to Auburn was. Just incredibly demoralizing.

maroonmania
10-26-2013, 08:30 PM
In other words...... look like you give a shit.

BINGO, YAHTZEE!!! I swear, Mullen is turning into the Ron Polk of football. I really won't be surprised if the next time Ellis or someone asks him about some stupid decision our coaching staff made during a game or some boneheaded thing one of our players did that Mullen responds with "That's football."

Tbonewannabe
10-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Auburn was a very good team. We messed up going prevent when the defense had played really well. If we played like that every game the only complaints would be why the hell Bell still attempts fgs.

Goat Holder
10-26-2013, 10:53 PM
A very good team that we had beaten, at their house. We did not make them earn the win. It was one of the worst losses in recent MSU football history. Period.

cheewgumm
10-26-2013, 10:55 PM
If, if , if ...
You' re right but that's a big " if"

Auburn was a very good team. We messed up going prevent when the defense had played really well. If we played like that every game the only complaints would be why the hell Bell still attempts fgs.

sandwolf
10-26-2013, 11:23 PM
Good Lord I still cannot even portray how devastating that loss to Auburn was. Just incredibly demoralizing.

Agreed. That loss was detrimental to this season and the program's momentum as a whole.