PDA

View Full Version : So what's up with OM chancellor announcement

Bdawg
10-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Seems the police chief has shut the announcement down. Sounds like some hostility around there.

Edit: Heard on SuperTalk about a projector maybe getting knocked over. Sounds like a bad day for OM.

msbulldog
10-04-2019, 12:29 PM
The students and faculty were organizing a protest yesterday. I guess it worked.

DLGDawg
10-04-2019, 12:51 PM
UPDATE: Announcement of new Ole Miss chancellor apparently postponed
Craig Ford
Updated Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:42 PM CDT
OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) ? The announcement of a new chancellor at Ole Miss apparently has been postponed.

The state College Board had scheduled a 12 p.m. event Friday at The Inn at Ole Miss in what was described as an "important announcement concerning the University of Mississippi chancellor search."

Former Mississippi Commissioner of Higher Education Glenn Boyce was supposed to be introduced as the university's new leader.

However, protesters appeared in the ballroom where the announcement was to be made. One was taken out of the room by police.

Then, the university police chief appeared at the podium about 12:25 p.m. and said there would be no announcement.

WTVA's Wayne Hereford is on campus and will have updates later today on WTVA 9 News.

StarkVegasSteve
10-04-2019, 12:51 PM
Riots in Oxford.....Happy Maroon Friday

RocketDawg
10-04-2019, 01:26 PM
I suppose it's just the announcement that was delayed, not the actual selection.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-04-2019, 01:35 PM
Yep. He has officially been named Chancellor. They just didn't want the protest to become violent, so they had the campus police chief say he was cancelling the press conference. This could drag out for a while. I wouldn't be surprised to see something catch on fire before too long. Couple cars turned over maybe. This will be in the news for a while.

Commercecomet24
10-04-2019, 02:04 PM
That place is s a cesspool, although that's a slap in the face to cesspools