PDA

View Full Version : Let?s take a break from football and talk Basketball

MoreCowbell
10-03-2019, 08:21 PM
So apparently Nick is going to miss first 10 games, so he will be back for last two OOC.

I think we will be a really good team and compete for SEC.

PG- Nick (Molinar during Nicks suspension
SG- Carter
SF- Woodard
PF- Perry
C- Ado

Our starting 5 I would put up against anybody in the league. We have a tough, gritty point guard who is a great defender and can distribute and hit the mid range. We have a Senior SG who has played a lot of SEC basketball and hit a lot of big shots. We have a tough all around great player in Woodard who had a great freshman year and looking to make that big jump(he is my favorite player on the team he does all the little things right). We have an absolute stud at PF that can do it all and is looking to have a big year. And we have a high energy big man who is willing to play tough defense and have a great senior year. That?s the makings of a great team.

We will need some role players to step up and give us minutes but with Feazell having some experience and Molinar looking good we can get that. Jethro too

Political Hack
10-03-2019, 08:23 PM
Stay healthy. Develop depth. We should be very good.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-03-2019, 08:27 PM
While Nick is out it's likely Tyson DJ Woodard Reggie & Ado. Iverson has a month to change that. Feazell has lost 30lbs & has been the early talk of camp. If he can give us positive minutes that really helps. This team is going to be very good. They'll be a tourney team. I agree that the starting lineup will be 1 of the better in the SEC.

SEC play it should be

PG - Nick
SG - Tyson
SF - Woodard
PF - Reggie
C - Ado

Bench is Iverson, DJ, Feazell, & Prince

ETA: Ado is a Jr not a Sr

MoreCowbell
10-03-2019, 08:28 PM
While Nick is out it's likely Tyson DJ Woodard Reggie & Ado. Iverson has a month to change that. Feazell has lost 30lbs & has been the early talk of camp. If he can give us positive minutes that really helps. This team is going to be very good. They'll be a tourney team. I agree that the starting lineup will be 1 of the better in the SEC.

SEC play it should be

PG - Nick
SG - Tyson
SF - Woodard
PF - Reggie
C - Ado

Totally forgot about DJ, depth looking even better

MoreCowbell
10-03-2019, 08:33 PM
Also, that is starting two 5 Stars and three 4 stars, all of which were top 100 players and they all have good college experience.

Dawg61
10-03-2019, 09:05 PM
Jethro is still on the team? Wut

Ifyouonlyknew
10-03-2019, 09:09 PM
Jethro is still on the team? Wut

No he's not here anymore

biggun
10-03-2019, 09:19 PM

SEC play it should be

PG - Nick
SG - Tyson
SF - Woodard
PF - Reggie
C - Ado

Starters look solid, but our bench, not so much

msstate7
10-03-2019, 09:21 PM
I like this team. I expect another ncaa birth

Ifyouonlyknew
10-03-2019, 09:37 PM
Starters look solid, but our bench, not so much

I think you're going to be surprised.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2019, 09:45 PM
We will be decent, similar to last year, anything beyond that is overational at this point. Time will tell. Great to win on opening night, Predators! Of course!

missouridawg
10-03-2019, 11:02 PM

SEC play it should be

PG - Nick
SG - Tyson
SF - Woodard
PF - Reggie
C - Ado

Feazell lost 30? He was already thin. Roster has him listed at 6’8” and 235 lbs.

Maybe you meant Datcher? He was always a little heavy.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-03-2019, 11:05 PM
We will be decent, similar to last year, anything beyond that is overational at this point. Time will tell. Great to win on opening night, Predators! Of course!

We were a 5 seed last year. If that's decent sign me up for decent every year.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-03-2019, 11:05 PM
Feazell lost 30? He was already thin. Roster has him listed at 6’8” and 235 lbs.

Maybe you meant Datcher? He was always a little heavy.

No I meant Feazell. Keyshawn was around 250 at the end of last season. He's around 220 now & looks good.

SmokeyDawg
10-04-2019, 12:23 AM
What's the story on DJ? Granted all I've seen is recruiting highlights and an exhibition but he looks long fast and athletic. Seems like a good niche recipe we could use.

missouridawg
10-04-2019, 06:27 AM
No I meant Feazell. Keyshawn was around 250 at the end of last season. He's around 220 now & looks good.

Ok, my bad. Hope he gives us some good minutes this year

Scared_Hitless
10-04-2019, 08:47 AM
Very excited to watch this team, a very high energy bunch that could rejuvenate the fanbase as they are easy to root for. Perry I expect to take a big leap and Woodard is an athletic freak. Combine that with the young talent they will be fun to watch at minimum. Getting back to the tourney should be the goal and it is attainable.

In regards to Ado being a junior, he is giving me that Wes Rea vibe where it feels like he has been here for 15 years.

StarkVegasSteve
10-04-2019, 09:04 AM
I few things I've heard coming out of the summer and after the first few days of practice:

1) Iverson Molinar could end up being the steal of the recruiting cycle. Howland and Co. hit it out of the park with his recruitment. He's got a chance to be really special.
2) Reggie Perry has upped his game to a level that we haven't seen from a State player in a VERY long time. He'll be a first rounder with a shot to play himself into the lottery with another good season
3) Robert Woodard is a freak of nature on the court. His athleticism is otherworldly from anything we've ever had.
4) Make sure you're recording when DJ Stewart gets on a breakaway, but if not you'll see it on Sportscenter later on.
5) We're a lot more experienced than some tend to believe. If we can make it through the non conference portion relatively unscathed then watch out. We could be a problem.

Lastly, this team according to some is just a lot more likeable all around. They gel well on and off the court.

chef dixon
10-04-2019, 09:07 AM
This is the most confident I have felt in a while about us putting a good team on the court

Tbonewannabe
10-04-2019, 09:55 AM
Totally forgot about DJ, depth looking even better

Yep, unless you run into injuries, 4 guys off the bench is plenty. No one outside of UK has more than that.

wild_dawg
10-04-2019, 09:59 AM
Very excited about this season. I can't wait to watch Perry, expecting a fun year

Tbonewannabe
10-04-2019, 10:00 AM
I few things I've heard coming out of the summer and after the first few days of practice:

1) Iverson Molinar could end up being the steal of the recruiting cycle. Howland and Co. hit it out of the park with his recruitment. He's got a chance to be really special.
2) Reggie Perry has upped his game to a level that we haven't seen from a State player in a VERY long time. He'll be a first rounder with a shot to play himself into the lottery with another good season
3) Robert Woodard is a freak of nature on the court. His athleticism is otherworldly from anything we've ever had.
4) Make sure you're recording when DJ Stewart gets on a breakaway, but if not you'll see it on Sportscenter later on.
5) We're a lot more experienced than some tend to believe. If we can make it through the non conference portion relatively unscathed then watch out. We could be a problem.

Lastly, this team according to some is just a lot more likeable all around. They gel well on and off the court.

I think Reggie Perry is going to be in the running for SEC Player of the Year and depending on how our team performs, National awards. He was hands down the best player on the USA team this summer. He also seems more of a vocal guy. Q was a great player but he was so quiet that he missed out on getting himself publicity. He should actually fit in really well in San Antonio since that is kind of the player that thrives there.