PDA

View Full Version : So two of the announced 8 finalists for ...

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2019, 06:51 PM
the Confederate Chancellorship have either withdrawn or announced they were never interested after two days. The one that denied he was ever interested was the President of the University of Arizona. Why would he be? The other one was President of Arkansas STATE, lol. They did have one that went all in though. He is at Texas Wesleyan, whatever that is.

timotheus
10-03-2019, 07:30 PM
I'm hearing Glenn Boyce.

timotheus
10-03-2019, 07:32 PM
And that he'll hire chip pickering as a high level exec

was21
10-03-2019, 08:07 PM
Doesn't matter what school is in the mix, those jobs nowadays are not easy to fill with really qualified candidates who are interested for many many reasons

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2019, 08:10 PM
I'm hearing Glenn Boyce.

Just saw that. Former IHL Head. The more things change the more they stay the same. Mississippi will NEVER move forward till Ole Miss is reduced to an afterthought. They are everything that is wrong with Mississippi.

Westdawg
10-03-2019, 08:19 PM
I heard it was going to be Boyce almost a month ago. I thought they were kidding.

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2019, 08:25 PM
Looking at it, it's another good ole boy network hire for them. He wasn't even one of the anointed eight. His resume is in no way close to those eight. Cheers Confederates! Old times there are not forgotten, look away, look away, Dixie land....

timotheus
10-03-2019, 08:36 PM
He was paid $185K to assist in the search and then had the job offered to him. that sounds like some screwed up sh*t

Liverpooldawg
10-03-2019, 08:53 PM
He was paid $185K to assist in the search and then had the job offered to him. that sounds like some screwed up sh*t

Yep, typical Ole Miss. Keenum gets some flack here at times but he has been the best thing ever to happen to MSU as a whole. Most of us knew he would be. I'm STILL absolutely floored that he was allowed to take our job. Do away with the IHL and allow each University to go its own way and we leave them in the mouldy dust of their Confederate past. It will never happen for that very reason.

timotheus
10-03-2019, 09:02 PM
boyce was the prez of holmes community college. that is just a tab of a notch above coahoma. gosh, these cats were desperate

somebodyshotmypaw
10-03-2019, 09:10 PM
Boyce is from New York (glen falls maybe). He graduated from Ole Miss. He was an assistant football coach at MRA in the early 80's, then head football coach and AD at Canton Academy. He then became headmaster at Tri-County Academy, then moved to work in administration in the Rankin County schools. He was working on his masters and PHD during this time. He later became interim president at Holmes CC, then was named the permanent president. Then head of the IHL. And I probably missed a stop or two in the list. His kids went to MRA and his wife was a nurse of some sort. Damn good athlete who was recruited to play basketball by Syracuse, but ultimately didn't get an offer. Good guy. Not sure he is the right candidate however for them.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-03-2019, 09:11 PM
Chip Pickering Vice Chancellor & id expect Keith Carter as permanent AD.

BeardoMSU
10-03-2019, 09:17 PM

Lol, that's peak Ole Miss.

BeardoMSU
10-03-2019, 09:20 PM
Isn't he a lover of OM trudishuns?

BrunswickDawg
10-03-2019, 09:20 PM

#Flagship 😂

confucius say
10-03-2019, 10:57 PM
Isn't he a lover of OM trudishuns?

Yes. Just read the article and I kid you not, Trent Lott quote was he liked him as the pick bc he ?is a good ole boy.? Not making that up. Would link but it was a CL article (I was scrolling twitter and clicked on it).

BeardoMSU
10-03-2019, 11:21 PM
Yes. Just read the article and I kid you not, Trent Lott quote was he liked him as the pick bc he ?is a good ole boy.? Not making that up. Would link but it was a CL article (I was scrolling twitter and clicked on it).

OM gonna OM, I guess. Doesn't matter how many steps they take forward, they're bound to eventually take more backwards....at all of MS's expense.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-03-2019, 11:54 PM
And like clockwork, ole miss students and left wing bandits gonna organize themselves a protest. Keep being you ole miss.

https://thedmonline.com/students-plan-protest-in-response-to-ihl-appointing-glenn-boyce-as-chancellor/

Todd4State
10-03-2019, 11:56 PM
Looking at it, it's another good ole boy network hire for them. He wasn't even one of the anointed eight. His resume is in no way close to those eight. Cheers Confederates! Old times there are not forgotten, look away, look away, Dixie land....

I would have been shocked if it wasn't a good ol boy hire.

BeardoMSU
10-04-2019, 12:05 AM
And like clockwork, ole miss students and left wing bandits gonna organize themselves a protest. Keep being you ole miss.

https://thedmonline.com/students-plan-protest-in-response-to-ihl-appointing-glenn-boyce-as-chancellor/

Where does the "left wing bandit" part come into play?

Jeez, dude. Students of a public college in MS opposing a trudishun loving "good ole boy", as Trent called him, doesn't automatically make them PC liberals....unless you're also a fan of said trudishuns, I suppose.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-04-2019, 01:46 AM
Where does the "left wing bandit" part come into play?

Jeez, dude. Students of a public college in MS opposing a trudishun loving "good ole boy", as Trent called him, doesn't automatically make them PC liberals....unless you're also a fan of said trudishuns, I suppose.

It comes into play by quoting the liberal professor who told all his buddies to stick their fingers in the salads up in Washington. He is one of the ringleaders of the protest. Keep up Beardo.