PDA

View Full Version : All I know is, all my AU friends are hoping...

WildDawg
10-02-2019, 05:33 PM
and banking on we are a good team. I?ve had numerous comments about the game over the past 2 days and they are all saying the same thing.

Dawg2003
10-02-2019, 06:15 PM
I think FL will win that game. We made Auburn look a lot better than they are. FL has looked bad too, but at least they can say they are playing with a backup QB and they have Grantham.

RocketDawg
10-02-2019, 06:38 PM
I think FL will win that game. We made Auburn look a lot better than they are. FL has looked bad too, but at least they can say they are playing with a backup QB and they have Grantham.

That's true. I think we only had 2 offensive series in the bag and the score was already 21-0, and just over 5 minutes had gone by in the game. We've got to be better than that.

Maroonthirteen
10-02-2019, 06:44 PM
Auburn is going to beat Florida. Auburn is to good along the line and Merlin is easy to game plan.

Our defense is bad regardless of the score at auburn.

msstate7
10-02-2019, 06:48 PM
This is gonna be a good game. Florida is stout against the run, and they're tied for 2nd nationally in sacks. They're gonna get nix in some 3rd and longs and put some pressure on him

Todd4State
10-02-2019, 07:08 PM

To be fair we technically can also say that we were playing a back-up QB.

yjnkdawg
10-02-2019, 07:11 PM
I think Auburn is better than most of us thought they were. I think they will beat FL. It's FL's homecoming game, and there could be a lot of emotion there. Being Florida's homecoming game opponent was kinda a slap in the face to Auburn. So I believe they will be motivated and ready to play in that game, and prove that they are the better team.

Liverpooldawg
10-02-2019, 07:16 PM
I'm looking forward to that one. It should be a great game. I think the gators win, barely, at home.

Commercecomet24
10-02-2019, 07:16 PM
Uk defense beat up Florida for a little over 3 quarters and auburn defense is better than uk. Plus it's big game which means dan will probably go ultra conservative. Auburn should win.

yjnkdawg
10-02-2019, 07:35 PM
Uk defense beat up Florida for a little over 3 quarters and auburn defense is better than uk. Plus it's big game which means dan will probably go ultra conservative. Auburn should win.

LOL but probably true, Commerce.

Commercecomet24
10-02-2019, 08:37 PM
LOL but probably true, Commerce.

I was only half kidding but I am interested to see his game plan.

Gutter Cobreh
10-02-2019, 08:53 PM
I was only half kidding but I am interested to see his game plan.

You're correct though. If it's close, he'll have his usual mental mistake. It's almost like he over processes and as such - completely makes a boneheaded decision. It's usually time management, but play calling gets very conservative as well.

sleepy dawg
10-02-2019, 09:07 PM
I can see them hoping we are a good team, but not sure about banking on it... All signs point to we are not a good team.

Commercecomet24
10-02-2019, 09:17 PM
You're correct though. If it's close, he'll have his usual mental mistake. It's almost like he over processes and as such - completely makes a boneheaded decision. It's usually time management, but play calling gets very conservative as well.

Yeah he did at uk but uks kicker bailed him out by missing that chip shot.

Gutter Cobreh
10-02-2019, 09:40 PM
Yeah he did at uk but uks kicker bailed him out by missing that chip shot.

Don't forget the Miami game. I know it was the first game, but they made Diaz's squad look good. I'm not sold on UF and think they're way overrated. I need MSState7 to give me the stats, but I don't think UF runs the ball well. Their OL is struggling and so AU's DL is going to feast on Trask. I think UF's defense will also play well, but AU is better up front on both sides and such will win.

msstate7
10-02-2019, 09:45 PM
Don't forget the Miami game. I know it was the first game, but they made Diaz's squad look good. I'm not sold on UF and think they're way overrated. I need MSState7 to give me the stats, but I don't think UF runs the ball well. Their OL is struggling and so AU's DL is going to feast on Trask. I think UF's defense will also play well, but AU is better up front on both sides and such will win.

Florida has not been a good rushing team so far: 11th in sec in rush offense and 10th in yds/rush. They have been pretty good passing though.

Commercecomet24
10-02-2019, 09:54 PM
Florida has not been a good rushing team so far: 11th in sec in rush offense and 10th in yds/rush. They have been pretty good passing though.

Thats surprising. Dan could always run the ball. uf defense is pretty good could be a low scoring defensive game.

Todd4State
10-03-2019, 12:27 AM
Thats surprising. Dan could always run the ball. uf defense is pretty good could be a low scoring defensive game.

Probably the same thing that we are going through on offense but the opposite direction. Dan doesn't have his personnel in either. Franks is not a great running QB (when he was healthy)- not like a Dak or Tebow at least.

BrunswickDawg
10-03-2019, 06:39 AM
Probably the same thing that we are going through on offense but the opposite direction. Dan doesn't have his personnel in either. Franks is not a great running QB (when he was healthy)- not like a Dak or Tebow at least.

And Trask is worse running then Franks was. Perine is not an every down SEC back either. In terms of rushing, he basically has Tyler Russell and Brandon Holloway to work with - and that does not work with his game plan

msugolf
10-03-2019, 07:50 AM
and banking on we are a good team. I?ve had numerous comments about the game over the past 2 days and they are all saying the same thing.

You're friends are going to be sorely disappointed after this weekend after Florida beats them. A lot of people don't realize exactly how bad of a football team we are, but they will after next weekend.

Jarius
10-03-2019, 08:19 AM
You're friends are going to be sorely disappointed after this weekend after Florida beats them. A lot of people don't realize exactly how bad of a football team we are, but they will after next weekend.

We are exceptionally bad when our 3 starters on defense are suspended. We are a mid level sec team when they are not.

Tbonewannabe
10-03-2019, 08:34 AM

And this was the reason that a lot of people on here predicted we would get our butts kicked by UK.

Homedawg
10-03-2019, 10:02 AM
To be fair we technically can also say that we were playing a back-up QB.

I think Fla's backup is better anyway. And ours might be too, for what Joe wants and needs to do w the offense.

bobtail bob
10-03-2019, 10:14 AM
I think Florida is going to roll Auburn. Auburn hasn?t played a defense worth a shit yet. They are about to meet one. Once they stop Auburn on the first series and make them play from behind with their freshman QB. Gus will panic on the road and they will start turning the ball over

trojandawg
10-03-2019, 10:17 AM

Dan has shown the ability to tweak his offense to the skill of his quarterback. if one throws better he will throw the ball more.

Homedawg
10-03-2019, 10:35 AM
We are exceptionally bad when our 3 starters on defense are suspended. We are a mid level sec team when they are not.

We don't have 3 starters suspended. But I'll admit the 2 out does hurt.

Tbonewannabe
10-03-2019, 10:37 AM
Dan has shown the ability to tweak his offense to the skill of his quarterback. if one throws better he will throw the ball more.

I agree but he also doesn't call as good of an offense when the QB is limited like when we had Russell at QB. Mullen was a lot better playcaller with Dak and Fitz.

Tbonewannabe
10-03-2019, 10:39 AM

Depends on if you think Murphy would start over CJ Morgan.

sleepy dawg
10-03-2019, 11:02 AM
I think Florida is going to roll Auburn. Auburn hasn?t played a defense worth a shit yet. They are about to meet one. Once they stop Auburn on the first series and make them play from behind with their freshman QB. Gus will panic on the road and they will start turning the ball over

Florida hasn't faced a defense like Auburn's all year either and Auburn has been much more tested in this short season. Florida may stop Auburn on the first series, but that's far from a guarantee they'll be playing from behind.

Florida might win this game, but it will be far from a "roll" of Auburn.

Jack Lambert
10-03-2019, 11:05 AM

You mean Mullen is going to Mullen.

R2Dawg
10-03-2019, 01:14 PM

Yes they are; they want us to be good because it makes them look good. I had one Aub fan say how good our D was??? They are desperate to be elite. Sorry but beating a bad MSU team short handed, young, inexperienced on the field and in coaching doesn't make you good.

yjnkdawg
10-03-2019, 01:50 PM
Delete

Jarius
10-03-2019, 02:00 PM

Murphy has not been starting but he plays better than CJ Morgan when he gets his opportunities. As bad as Morgan has been playing I expect Murphy to take a lot of reps away from him in the next 3 games he plays.

StateDawg44
10-03-2019, 02:11 PM
I will be at a wedding this weekend with a lot of die hard Auburn fans. I'm just glad it wasn't last weekend for that ass kicking. I did get to watch the game last year at a party with all of them which was actually pretty great.

Curious how they feel after that victory and how much I'll have to hear about it this weekend. I think I've nursed my wounds enough after this long.

Tbonewannabe
10-03-2019, 02:40 PM
Murphy has not been starting but he plays better than CJ Morgan when he gets his opportunities. As bad as Morgan has been playing I expect Murphy to take a lot of reps away from him in the next 3 games he plays.

Who knows if he would have been the starter if the staff knew they had Murphy for all the games rather than just 4. Joe has proven that he is willing to start underclassmen over seniors.

Irondawg
10-03-2019, 03:35 PM
It's going to come down to how well Nix plays. He's going to have to make some throws against a much better defense than us. More pressure/tighter windows

Cooterpoot
10-03-2019, 03:50 PM
This game will start up the yearly “Mullen sucks” talk in FL. I don’t think FL is good. They’ve struggled with mediocre/bad teams.

Cooterpoot
10-03-2019, 03:52 PM
Depends on if you think Murphy would start over CJ Morgan.

He will at TN if he’s healthy. Or at least play a lot more snaps.

TrapGame
10-03-2019, 03:52 PM
This game will start up the yearly “Mullen sucks” talk in FL.

Dammit, now Megan can't go to the Publix this weekend!**

Homedawg
10-03-2019, 04:08 PM

Basing that on what? when have you seen him play that safety spot? Didn't play there last year.....I'll admit he's way more athletic.