PDA

View Full Version : Infamous first play delay

Maroonthirteen
10-02-2019, 06:26 AM
ESPn U replayed the game last night.

After the ref signals touchback, 40 seconds run off before the ref blows the whistle for a delay.

Camera cuts to JoMo talking to the offense on the sideline. Offense takes the field after 15 seconds. We are lined up and ready at approx 30 Seconds. 10 seconds go by and Stevens is surveying the defense. He has NOT called out one damn signal. Ref blows the whistle at 40 seconds. We could have had a 60 Second play clock and I?m not sure stevens or Moorhead would have ran the play.

Deer in the headlights...... Incredible

MrKotter
10-02-2019, 07:20 AM
ESPn U replayed the game last night.

After the ref signals touchback, 40 seconds run off before the ref blows the whistle for a delay.

Camera cuts to JoMo talking to the offense on the sideline. Offense takes the field after 15 seconds. We are lined up and ready at approx 30 Seconds. 10 seconds go by and Stevens is surveying the defense. He has NOT called out one damn signal. Ref blows the whistle at 40 seconds. We could have had a 60 Second play clock and I?m not sure stevens or Moorhead would have ran the play.

Deer in the headlights...... Incredible

This has not been discussed 50 million times already. Thanks for being observant

Maroonthirteen
10-02-2019, 09:02 AM
My bad, didn’t see last nights thread. Maybe someone can
Merge mine in there.

My point was... 1. 40 seconds from when ref signaled.

2. A fifth year senior took his sweet time and had no idea of the clock.

RiverCityDawg
10-02-2019, 09:36 AM
This has happened at least one other time this year and we've been close a couple others. Joe clearly does not know that they start the play clock almost immediately after the touchback. He manages it as though the clock doesn't start until we get out there. The offense should already be ready to go as the ball is being kicked. This phenomenon is the poster child for Joe not being prepared and properly organized, and it has to get fixed.

trojandawg
10-02-2019, 09:37 AM
if you don't have the first play called by the time you leave the locker room, that's just plain dumb and unprepared. lots of coaches script the first 10 plays and then see what the defense is able to handle and what works well then go from there.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2019, 10:01 AM
I'm confused about the contradiction between this post & the other one on the board that says we only had 38 seconds.

One of you is wrong

dantheman4248
10-02-2019, 10:06 AM
I'm confused about the contradiction between this post & the other one on the board that says we only had 38 seconds.

One of you is wrong

I timed from when I heard whistle to when I heard whistle. If you watched for reactions to the delay of game there’s the extra second.

BeastMan
10-02-2019, 10:38 AM

One of you is wrong

Jesus H Christ. 1 guy says 40 and 1 says 37.8. One point 3 17ing seconds. It’s time to sack the 17 up boys.

Can’t wait to see what we’re arguing after Bama & LSU boat race us**

dantheman4248
10-02-2019, 11:01 AM
Jesus H Christ. 1 guy says 40 and 1 says 37.8. One point 3 17ing seconds. It’s time to sack the 17 up boys.

We were beat down by Bama last year and shutout. There was a clear biased play by the referee involved. We complained. He was given disciplinary measures.

Your sarcasm to making fun of a non-existent argument is actually wrong. You are the first person I’ve ever seen argue with a straw man and lose. Amazing.

Maroonthirteen
10-02-2019, 11:13 AM
I started the stopwatch when the ref signals dead ball on the touchback. TV cuts away to our sideline before you see the ref signals stsrt the clock. Regardless, I was curious if we got a 25 instead of a 40 play clock.

as said by many, 38-40 seconds...doesn’t matter. We wasted 15 seconds on the sideline. QB wasted 10 seconds waiting on his balls to drop.

ShotgunDawg
10-02-2019, 11:16 AM

Goodness Beast. Settle the 17 down. Stop being an asshole to people that are just investigating something

Bothrops
10-02-2019, 11:31 AM
My bad, didn’t see last nights thread. Maybe someone can
Merge mine in there.

My point was... 1. 40 seconds from when ref signaled.

2. A fifth year senior took his sweet time and had no idea of the clock.

Somebody was scared mang.

BeastMan
10-02-2019, 11:48 AM
We were beat down by Bama last year and shutout. There was a clear biased play by the referee involved. We complained. He was given disciplinary measures.

Your sarcasm to making fun of a non-existent argument is actually wrong. You are the first person I’ve ever seen argue with a straw man and lose. Amazing.

It was an egregious call. You’re not going to get disciplinary action over a 1 second too fast clock. I thanked you for timing. Not sure what else you want or to prove.

BeastMan
10-02-2019, 12:02 PM
Goodness Beast. Settle the 17 down. Stop being an asshole to people that are just investigating something

I’m glad someone checked because it gives context to JoMo’s comment. From my pov, it’s incredibly frustrating to see the echo chamber the MSU online community has become. We just got our ass handed to us in an incredible fashion and we’re worried about Mullen’s weekend vacation 2 years ago and a a 1ish second differential on a play clock. If being a “good dawg” means focusing on the positives I’m fine with that. Let’s talk Shrader looking like the future. Let’s talk Osiris Mitchell balling. Let’s talk Tyree Phillips playing really damn well. But then again, maybe this board is changing and if I don’t enjoy the echo chamber I shouldn’t engage in it because I respond like an asshole.

dantheman4248
10-02-2019, 12:40 PM
I’m glad someone checked because it gives context to JoMo’s comment. From my pov, it’s incredibly frustrating to see the echo chamber the MSU online community has become. We just got our ass handed to us in an incredible fashion and we’re worried about Mullen’s weekend vacation 2 years ago and a a 1ish second differential on a play clock. If being a “good dawg” means focusing on the positives I’m fine with that. Let’s talk Shrader looking like the future. Let’s talk Osiris Mitchell balling. Let’s talk Tyree Phillips playing really damn well. But then again, maybe this board is changing and if I don’t enjoy the echo chamber I shouldn’t engage in it because I respond like an asshole.

There is no echo chamber of happiness. Hell, I was downright pissed it happened and I’ve said numerous times over it’s not excusing our coach. You decided to create this idea in your head that there are people pumping sunshine out their ass (007 doesn’t count. He’s an obvious troll) and that I said that this is the reason we lost. I didn’t. You created a straw man argument. It’s the worst kind of argument tactic.

Hell, I hope someone shows Joe the movie The Replacements on this bye week. Let him listen to that quicksand speech overplayed with our first three possessions. That’s exactly what it was. We put one foot in quicksand (whether legitimate or not) and then decided to dive head first. That’s been beaten to death and back.

My thread was to highlight Auburn’s unfair tactics and stunts they pull yet again. That’s it. It’s pathetic a program like that has to use underhanded tactics same as the referee for Alabama (who I admittedly just think is a huge bammer and is in no way a conspiracy, he’s just blatantly biased and shouldn’t be in his position.) to beat us. We let a second get shaved off now, we’ll let a couple inches get shaved off when we actually have a chance to win. All I want is every fight to be fair. It wasn’t and once again we have proof. Yea it didn’t affect the outcome. What happens when it does? It screws us like in 2011 and we have to suck up the loss.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2019, 01:06 PM
if you don't have the first play called by the time you leave the locker room, that's just plain dumb and unprepared. lots of coaches script the first 10 plays and then see what the defense is able to handle and what works well then go from there.

I think the first 10 plays should be decided before you leave the locker room.

RougeDawg
10-02-2019, 04:55 PM
There is no echo chamber of happiness. Hell, I was downright pissed it happened and I?ve said numerous times over it?s not excusing our coach. You decided to create this idea in your head that there are people pumping sunshine out their ass (007 doesn?t count. He?s an obvious troll) and that I said that this is the reason we lost. I didn?t. You created a straw man argument. It?s the worst kind of argument tactic.

Hell, I hope someone shows Joe the movie The Replacements on this bye week. Let him listen to that quicksand speech overplayed with our first three possessions. That?s exactly what it was. We put one foot in quicksand (whether legitimate or not) and then decided to dive head first. That?s been beaten to death and back.

My thread was to highlight Auburn?s unfair tactics and stunts they pull yet again. That?s it. It?s pathetic a program like that has to use underhanded tactics same as the referee for Alabama (who I admittedly just think is a huge bammer and is in no way a conspiracy, he?s just blatantly biased and shouldn?t be in his position.) to beat us. We let a second get shaved off now, we?ll let a couple inches get shaved off when we actually have a chance to win. All I want is every fight to be fair. It wasn?t and once again we have proof. Yea it didn?t affect the outcome. What happens when it does? It screws us like in 2011 and we have to suck up the loss.

Don?t worry about beast. He wouldn?t see reality if it ran up, slapped him in the face and poked him in the eyes. He is what most people in this country are. Ignore the underlying issues, while trying to treat the symptoms.

Example. Person has years and years of sinus issues that they keep treating with Allegra and other medications, yet they never address the causes of the issues. These medications make the person feel better by masking the symptoms, preventing them from ever attacking the root cause. Person goes and gets a sinus evaluation and the underlying cause is remedied by a simple surgery. And what do you know, the symptoms go away and no more medicines required.

Praising the few things done well, while ignoring the obvious root cause issues for the shit show is what these types of people like to do.

BeastMan
10-02-2019, 05:58 PM
Don?t worry about beast. He wouldn?t see reality if it ran up, slapped him in the face and poked him in the eyes. He is what most people in this country are. Ignore the underlying issues, while trying to treat the symptoms.

Example. Person has years and years of sinus issues that they keep treating with Allegra and other medications, yet they never address the causes of the issues. These medications make the person feel better by masking the symptoms, preventing them from ever attacking the root cause. Person goes and gets a sinus evaluation and the underlying cause is remedied by a simple surgery. And what do you know, the symptoms go away and no more medicines required.

Praising the few things done well, while ignoring the obvious root cause issues for the shit show is what these types of people like to do.

Love you too. Please elaborate on this part “Praising the few things done well, while ignoring the obvious root cause issues for the shit show is what these types of people like to do”. I’m not following