PDA

View Full Version : Time from whistle after opening kickoff to whistle for delay of game 38.7 secs

dantheman4248
10-01-2019, 09:54 PM
Feel free to double check me. Also I started before the camera cut away from officials as he was still signaling touchback and had not rotated his arm signaling starting clock or signaled his arm straight down signaling ready for play. It?s like the clock operator started exactly as the knee touched the ground.

Not excusing Moorhead but Auburn is one of the hardest places to see the playclock (should have had your QB know exactly where it is) and that cheap shit is plain ole bullshit.

(Feel free to doublecheck my time, maybe my stopwatch is off or my stream plays in slow motion or maybe auburn can eat a bag of dicks.)

BeastMan
10-01-2019, 10:01 PM
If you think 39 seconds isn’t enough time to get a play in on the first got dang play of the game, I don’t know what to tell ya sir

dantheman4248
10-01-2019, 10:04 PM
If you think 39 seconds isn’t enough time to get a play in on the first got dang play of the game, I don’t know what to tell ya sir

40 seconds is the rule and read paragraph 2.

Commercecomet24
10-01-2019, 10:05 PM
40 seconds is the rule and read paragraph 2.

Isn't it 40 seconds after the ball is marked ready for play?

dantheman4248
10-01-2019, 10:09 PM
Isn't it 40 seconds after the ball is marked ready for play?

Yea that’s what I thought too, but there was a rule change a year ago saying immediately after kickoff is whistled dead.

Commercecomet24
10-01-2019, 10:13 PM
Yea that’s what I thought too, but there was a rule change a year ago saying immediately after kickoff is whistled dead.

Yeah i thought that was it didn't know about the rule change. Appreciate the info

MetEdDawg
10-01-2019, 10:15 PM
Feel free to double check me. Also I started before the camera cut away from officials as he was still signaling touchback and had not rotated his arm signaling starting clock or signaled his arm straight down signaling ready for play. It?s like the clock operator started exactly as the knee touched the ground.

Not excusing Moorhead but Auburn is one of the hardest places to see the playclock (should have had your QB know exactly where it is) and that cheap shit is plain ole bullshit.

(Feel free to doublecheck my time, maybe my stopwatch is off or my stream plays in slow motion or maybe auburn can eat a bag of dicks.)

Moorhead said he thought it went fast. I get the argument about that being enough time for a play. That's not the point. The point is you get 40 seconds and we didn't get that. And honestly to me that changed the complexion of the game considerably.

The issue here isn't whether or not Moorhead should call plus faster. The issue is whether or not we got the proper amount of time to run play #1. If your watch is correct we did not. And that is a problem.

dantheman4248
10-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Moorhead said he thought it went fast. I get the argument about that being enough time for a play. That's not the point. The point is you get 40 seconds and we didn't get that. And honestly to me that changed the complexion of the game considerably.

The issue here isn't whether or not Moorhead should call plus faster. The issue is whether or not we got the proper amount of time to run play #1. If your watch is correct we did not. And that is a problem.

Completely agree. Shane Falco explained it best. Quicksand. 1 thing goes wrong, then another, then another, suddenly you’re fighting for air. That was our first step in quicksand and we are a team that sinks fast. (Again, not excusing Moorhead, in fact that’s a MAJOR problem.)

Thick
10-01-2019, 10:24 PM
It really doesn’t matter. The first 2 possessions, especially the first series on the road, should be scripted, period the end. You don’t go on the road in that type of environment without scripted series, plus it allows you to play uptempo if you can bust a play or 2. Delay of game on the first play of a possession when coming off the sideline after a punt, kickoff, or timeout is just unacceptable. We have done that this year in all 3 circumstances.

Commercecomet24
10-01-2019, 10:25 PM
What's a couple inches(Auburn's phantom first down in 2011), listening in on other teams headsets or a couple of seconds among friends? Auburn the only place that cheats worse than unm.

No excuse for us not being ready but auburn does pull some shenanigans.

Political Hack
10-01-2019, 10:27 PM
Probably just another headset malfunction.

dantheman4248
10-01-2019, 10:32 PM
It really doesn’t matter. The first 2 possessions, especially the first series on the road, should be scripted, period the end. You don’t go on the road in that type of environment without scripted series, plus it allows you to play uptempo if you can bust a play or 2. Delay of game on the first play of a possession when coming off the sideline after a punt, kickoff, or timeout is just unacceptable. We have done that this year in all 3 circumstances.

First downs are 10 yards and play clocks are 40 seconds

Except in Jordan-Hare.

BeastMan
10-02-2019, 07:14 AM

Listen to the man op.

Oh hell let’s start referring to as the Jordan Hare Screw Job because the play clock went 1 second too fast on the first play of the game. If that wouldn’t have happened we woulda had them beat!

dantheman4248
10-02-2019, 08:14 AM
Listen to the man op.

Oh hell let’s start referring to as the Jordan Hare Screw Job because the play clock went 1 second too fast on the first play of the game. If that wouldn’t have happened we woulda had them beat!

Where did I say that? PLEASE tell me where. Straw man arguments are ****ing stupid. Be better. Again read the second paragraph of the original post. I know you can read everything else. Why can’t you read “NOT EXCUSING MOORHEAD”?

You’re not arguing with me. You’re arguing with some straw version of the argument you created where you think I said this cost us the game. I didn’t say that. No one in here said that. Only some figment of your imagination did so you fought that to make yourself feel superior. I simply stated that “Yes, Auburn did screw us on the playclock of the first play of the game.” This is about doling our punishment to Auburn / referees / clock operator for unfair tactics. Not that we should be given a win. Moorhead has us woefully unprepared and I even said it’s a MAJOR problem if you think that this is the reason the team lost as a team should NOT be so susceptible to quicksand. So even if this was indeed fixed its our fault for flailing in quicksand so easy.

It’s the same principle as the referee from the Alabama game the past two seasons. Last year he didn’t outright cost us the game. But it still needed punishment. 2 years ago you could argue he outright cost us the game.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2019, 08:29 AM
Auburn used home field advantage better then anyone else. I will never forget when Auburn was listening to our play calling over the head phones. They cheat and it is a proven fact they are the 3rd most penalize team in the country. They have been on probation a lot for cheating.

RocketCityDawg
10-02-2019, 08:36 AM
Where did I say that? PLEASE tell me where. Straw man arguments are ****ing stupid. Be better. Again read the second paragraph of the original post. I know you can read everything else. Why can’t you read “NOT EXCUSING MOORHEAD”?

You’re not arguing with me. You’re arguing with some straw version of the argument you created where you think I said this cost us the game. I didn’t say that. No one in here said that. Only some figment of your imagination did so you fought that to make yourself feel superior. I simply stated that “Yes, Auburn did screw us on the playclock of the first play of the game.” This is about doling our punishment to Auburn / referees / clock operator for unfair tactics. Not that we should be given a win. Moorhead has us woefully unprepared and I even said it’s a MAJOR problem if you think that this is the reason the team lost as a team should NOT be so susceptible to quicksand. So even if this was indeed fixed its our fault for flailing in quicksand so easy.

It’s the same principle as the referee from the Alabama game the past two seasons. Last year he didn’t outright cost us the game. But it still needed punishment. 2 years ago you could argue he outright cost us the game.

Bravo!!! God forbid that State fans want the rules to be carried out in a fair manner.

confucius say
10-02-2019, 08:42 AM
Cannot remember if it was after Guidry or Mitchell TD, but following our ensuing kickoff the play clock was at 10 and the head ref bumped it and it was reset. If you were not there you probably could not see it, but I was there and we all saw it and were like wtf. Go time it.

BeastMan
10-02-2019, 09:07 AM
Bravo!!! God forbid that State fans want the rules to be carried out in a fair manner.

Dude we just got boat raced and we’re really on here bitching about 1 second too fast on the play clock on the opening offensive play of the game. That’s incredible. In the list of 1,000 things that went wrong that’s 1,001. There is a human element to officiating and 1 second is just the margin for error. There is nothing egregious about it.

You want real tangible officiating complaints? I thought Shrader was targeted once and egregiously roughed another. Those calls bothered me. So yes I wish the rules worked for us also but I’m not clutching my pearls over a play clock that was 1 second too fast.

BeastMan
10-02-2019, 09:16 AM

I think you’re raging out way too hard on this. I’d be willing to bet if you put a stop watch on the setting of the play clock for every single play in CFB, I bet there is a 1-2 variance quite regularly. I bet you the home team regularly gets the “benefit of doubt” in that variance. It’s part of the game. Now if you would have checked that, which I’m glad you did and shared the results on the board; good content, and it was say 5 seconds off... Whole new ballgame. JoMo was right, fast play clock, file a grievance to the SEC office (lol I know). My biggest issue with that whole ordeal and why I’m glad you took
the time to fact check it was that JoMo’s response was an excuse to kind of mitigate extreme ineptitude of our play calling procedure.

Jack Lambert
10-02-2019, 09:19 AM
Dude we just got boat raced and we’re really on here bitching about 1 second too fast on the play clock on the opening offensive play of the game. That’s incredible. In the list of 1,000 things that went wrong that’s 1,001. There is a human element to officiating and 1 second is just the margin for error. There is nothing egregious about it.

You want real tangible officiating complaints? I thought Shrader was targeted once and egregiously roughed another. Those calls bothered me. So yes I wish the rules worked for us also but I’m not clutching my pearls over a play clock that was 1 second too fast.

We lost by 33 but it doesn't matter if it was 103. We want the game to be played fair like it is when they come to starkville and if they never get called out it will happen again. Two years we go back to Auburn.

BeastMan
10-02-2019, 09:31 AM
We lost by 33 but it doesn't matter if it was 103. We want the game to be played fair like it is when they come to starkville and if they never get called out it will happen again. Two years we go back to Auburn.

That call wasn’t egregious. I bet you whatever you want to bet the play clock isn’t perfect in Starkville either.

Doggie_Style
10-02-2019, 09:54 AM
Listen to the man op.

Oh hell let?s start referring to as the Jordan Hare Screw Job because the play clock went 1 second too fast on the first play of the game. If that wouldn?t have happened we woulda had them beat!

Hahahahahahahahaha! Yea we like to find us some excuses! Lawd....

TALL DAWG
10-02-2019, 09:59 AM

VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION TO THIS DELAY OF GAME MESS...
GO UNDER CENTER IMMEDIATELY....HAVE QB SAY....
?DOWN, SET, HUT?....PROBLEM SOLVED.

THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE....

dantheman4248
10-02-2019, 10:03 AM
I think you?re raging out way too hard on this. I?d be willing to bet if you put a stop watch on the setting of the play clock for every single play in CFB, I bet there is a 1-2 variance quite regularly. I bet you the home team regularly gets the ?benefit of doubt? in that variance. It?s part of the game. Now if you would have checked that, which I?m glad you did and shared the results on the board; good content, and it was say 5 seconds off... Whole new ballgame. JoMo was right, fast play clock, file a grievance to the SEC office (lol I know). My biggest issue with that whole ordeal and why I?m glad you took
the time to fact check it was that JoMo?s response was an excuse to kind of mitigate extreme ineptitude of our play calling procedure.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EF4cHNtWkAIj9uS?format=jpg&name=900x900

BeastMan- ?Ehh that?s a first down to me chief just round up, there?s variance in measurements all the time.?

Jack Lambert
10-02-2019, 10:53 AM
That call wasn’t egregious. I bet you whatever you want to bet the play clock isn’t perfect in Starkville either.

I go by their history and what has happen to Miss State when they play at Auburn and at this point anything they do I go ahead and figured they do on purpose.

BeastMan
10-02-2019, 11:02 AM
I go by their history and what has happen to Miss State when they play at Auburn and at this point anything they do I go ahead and figured they do on purpose.

I certainly agree that it is my opinion that they are the dirtiest program in the sec

Commercecomet24
10-02-2019, 11:17 AM
I certainly agree that it is my opinion that they are the dirtiest program in the sec

Agreed. First let me say, In no way did that delay of game affect the outcome of the game. We were unprepared there and tommy looked like a deer in headlights. That being said I just think it's funny that these kind of things only seem to happen at auburn or bama. I hate auburn almost as much as ole miss, not quite as much but it's close.

Thick
10-02-2019, 03:14 PM
We weren’t ready to play is the bottom line, and our coaches weren’t ready either. That was JoMo’s first trip to the Plains as well. He needs to treat every away game as if we were playing a night game at Death Valley.

timotheus
10-02-2019, 03:37 PM
I just hope that we have seen the last of the play caller "freezing" up with our offense crouched and waiting on the field with the yellow flag to follow. If not, the smooth perfectly worded press conferences will not be able to keep a positive vibe going.

dantheman4248
10-02-2019, 04:33 PM
Cannot remember if it was after Guidry or Mitchell TD, but following our ensuing kickoff the play clock was at 10 and the head ref bumped it and it was reset. If you were not there you probably could not see it, but I was there and we all saw it and were like wtf. Go time it.

Lmao. They really did just reset it from 10 to 25. It took Auburn 50 seconds to snap their first play after a kickoff. What the absolute shit. (Guidry TD)

ETA time for auburn to snap after every msu kickoff:

After FG: My time: 40.3, Playclock had 4 seconds left

After Half: My time: 39.3, Playclock (reset from 20 to 25) 11 left

After Osiris: My time: 35.2, Playclock had 8 seconds left.

After Garrett: My time: 37.2 Playclock (reset from 17 to 25) had 13 seconds left.

3 times I caught it on screen seeing the playclock reset to 25. What a joke. Why did they get that but we didn’t. What’s the difference?