PDA

View Full Version : So, it's time for the MLB playoffs

Todd4State
09-30-2019, 10:25 PM
And we have Brandon Woodruff starting against Max Scherzer and the Nationals.

Dakota Hudson will probably start game three for the Cardinals.

I believe Nate Lowe may be on the Rays playoff roster as well.

Other notes:

Hunter Renfroe has been dealing with a foot injury which has coincided with his massive slump in the second half.

Joe Girardi will be the Cubs new manager.

Commercecomet24
09-30-2019, 10:26 PM
Go Braves!

It's Choptober!

Todd4State
09-30-2019, 10:30 PM
Go Braves!

It's Choptober!

This could get tense.**

I do think it's cool that both MLB teams that have AA teams in Mississippi are in the playoffs.

The Cardinals really struggled with Soroka if I remember correctly. Flaherty has been red hot lately- and should be fresh for the Cardinals though. I've heard the Cardinals may start Mikolas who has been good against the Braves in his career and they want Hudson and Wainwright to start in St. Louis where both of them have been better. Hudson led MLB rookies in wins this year. The Cardinals also had no idea how to pitch to Austin Riley. Apparently belt high fastballs were a terrible idea.

Commercecomet24
09-30-2019, 10:36 PM
This could get tense.**

I do think it's cool that both MLB teams that have AA teams in Mississippi are in the playoffs.

The Cardinals really struggled with Soroka if I remember correctly. Flaherty has been red hot lately- and should be fresh for the Cardinals though. I've heard the Cardinals may start Mikolas who has been good against the Braves in his career and they want Hudson and Wainwright to start in St. Louis where both of them have been better. Hudson led MLB rookies in wins this year. The Cardinals also had no idea how to pitch to Austin Riley. Apparently belt high fastballs were a terrible idea.

I love this time of year man! Nothing like playoff baseball! Braves starting pitching is solid and with this lineup they can go off at anytime and are especially clutch from the 7th inning on. The bullpen scares the crap out of me, I just about have to close my eyes every time the bring in a reliever! Cards Braves should be a great series! Gotta hope Acuna and Freddie are completely healthy

msstate7
09-30-2019, 10:41 PM
I love this time of year man! Nothing like playoff baseball! Braves starting pitching is solid and with this lineup they can go off at anytime and are especially clutch from the 7th inning on. The bullpen scares the crap out of me, I just about have to close my eyes every time the bring in a reliever! Cards Braves should be a great series! Gotta hope Acuna and Freddie are completely healthy

They won't be completely healthy. Hopefully they're healthy enough though.

Commercecomet24
09-30-2019, 10:49 PM
They won't be completely healthy. Hopefully they're healthy enough though.

Yeah really worried about acuna those injuries can hang on for months. Freddie's tough as nails and swung it pretty good these last 3 games so I'm hopeful

shoeless joe
10-01-2019, 06:42 AM
Braves got demolished injury wise these last few weeks. If the starting pitching is serviceable I think they could make a run. I don?t expect the offense to bail em out like it did earlier in the year.

When you look at both rosters the braves should win...but with the cards hot starters it?ll be a crapshoot. Especially since none of the braves projected postseason starters looked worth a dern in their last start or two.

Rex54
10-01-2019, 08:21 AM
Braves will lose in the first round per usual. This has the makings of a typical out of nowhere Cardinals WS run.

The Astros are by far the favorites in the AL.

Astros beat the Cards in 5.

msstate7
10-01-2019, 08:30 AM
Braves will lose in the first round per usual. This has the makings of a typical out of nowhere Cardinals WS run.

The Astros are by far the favorites in the AL.

Astros beat the Cards in 5.

No idea how the braves will perform with the uncertainty around freeman and Acuna, but the cards starters being all RHPs is a horrible matchup against the dodgers.