PDA

View Full Version : UT game is at 11AM on the SEC Network

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2019, 12:41 PM
nm

Coursesuper
09-30-2019, 12:43 PM
Well we better get ready for a steady diet of 11:00 kicks because they are on the way.

Tbonewannabe
09-30-2019, 12:46 PM
See, we are just like Bama.

It does maybe help us that UT is almost in who gives a shit mode and we play an early game. UGA is either going to break UT or give them hope. Their game this weekend very well could look like ours last weekend but at least we have an off week to rebound from it. I will say if UT somehow plays within 2-3 TDs then it could fire them up but I doubt that happens.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-30-2019, 12:47 PM
Well we better get ready for a steady diet of 11:00 kicks because they are on the way.

Yeah Bama complained so much that it highlighted we haven't had our share of 11am kickoffs lately, even though it seems like we have.

Duckdog
09-30-2019, 12:50 PM
oh no we suck again!!!!!!!!!!

Maroonthirteen
09-30-2019, 12:51 PM
I like it. Georgia will stomp their tails in Knoxville and morale will
be at a low. Their students will opt to go home the next weekend. They may have 50k at the game.

R2Dawg
09-30-2019, 01:20 PM
The schedule certainly in our favor now to be in a better spot come next Sat. I hate to say it is a must win but it is dang close.

TrapGame
09-30-2019, 01:29 PM
The schedule certainly in our favor now to be in a better spot come next Sat. I hate to say it is a must win but it is dang close.

It's a must win. Nothing close about it. It's also a show up ready on the road win. I want to see a dominating win. A four quarter sissy slap fight ain't gonna cut it.

Tbonewannabe
09-30-2019, 02:29 PM
It's a must win. Nothing close about it. It's also a show up ready on the road win. I want to see a dominating win. A four quarter sissy slap fight ain't gonna cut it.

This is where I am currently at also. Moorhead needs to get his head out of his arse and kick their tooth in. I want to see some MSU big boy football.

BulldogBear
09-30-2019, 02:40 PM
One of my favorite posts of 2019

Commercecomet24
09-30-2019, 02:43 PM

Same here. I'm still supporting him but a loss or a crappy effort and it's gonna be tough to continue feeling that way.

TrapGame
09-30-2019, 02:57 PM
Same here. I'm still supporting him but a loss or a crappy effort and it's gonna be tough to continue feeling that way.

Losing to Tennessee is not an option. I will be completely done with Joe if we lose.

Dawgtini
09-30-2019, 03:24 PM
This is where I am currently at also. Moorhead needs to get his head out of his arse and kick their tooth in. I want to see some MSU big boy football.

ISWYDT +1

Commercecomet24
09-30-2019, 03:39 PM
Losing to Tennessee is not an option. I will be completely done with Joe if we lose.

Yeah that would be a kick in the nuts for sure. Would be hard to be optimistic after that unless he managed to pull some kind of miracle against lsu or bama. Here's to hoping we whip UT and play well the rest of the way and get to a bowl. Heaven knows we need the extra practice. If we lost to UT or arky this board will be hotter than Chernobyl.

Coursesuper
09-30-2019, 03:44 PM
Yeah that would be a kick in the nuts for sure. Would be hard to be optimistic after that unless he managed to pull some kind of miracle against lsu or bama. Here's to hoping we whip UT and play well the rest of the way and get to a bowl. Heaven knows we need the extra practice. If we lost to UT or arky this board will be hotter than Chernobyl.

If a loss to UT happens then this board won't be the only place that's Chernobyl hot.

TrapGame
09-30-2019, 03:52 PM

I talk to MSU fans who don't post on boards and they are hot right now. We lose to Tennessee and Arkansas and it will be cooler on the surface of the sun.

Commercecomet24
09-30-2019, 03:53 PM
If a loss to UT happens then this board won't be the only place that's Chernobyl hot.

Yes sir. I know some fellas right here where I live that are getting edgy, and your right things would become molten.

R2Dawg
09-30-2019, 06:20 PM

Reason I said close is remember last year? UF was a must win at home and what happened? What happened after that? We beat a top 10 Aub and then TAMU. We could lose at UT and beat TAMU and Ark and finish up Olemiss. How would you feel then?

Emotionally, I'm with you on this is a must win but strange things happen. I am hanging with Joe by a thread right now; after taking crap all day from the game (I live in Alabama and it ain't fun).

TrapGame
09-30-2019, 06:46 PM
Reason I said close is remember last year? UF was a must win at home and what happened? What happened after that? We beat a top 10 Aub and then TAMU. We could lose at UT and beat TAMU and Ark and finish up Olemiss. How would you feel then?

Emotionally, I'm with you on this is a must win but strange things happen. I am hanging with Joe by a thread right now; after taking crap all day from the game (I live in Alabama and it ain't fun).

If we lose to Tennessee we've got major problems. We get an L in Knoxville and our chances of beating any other team not named Abilene gets real slim.

Lord McBuckethead
09-30-2019, 07:35 PM

You guys act like every team other than a select few only win 5 games. Seriously, some people need to remember that we are fans of the boys that chose to play here. A coach that chose to be here. I will support Joe until the final whistle of the final game. I will support MSU until the final whistle.

Fine to critique coaches, players, and the ad, but shit man.....we are supposed to be on the same team. Some take pride in us performing badly due to their internet cred. Sure....you said we were going to get beat, but this I was right told you guys, etc is a bit overplayed. I am interested in the next step.

Lord McBuckethead
09-30-2019, 07:47 PM
If we lose to Tennessee we've got major problems. We get an L in Knoxville and our chances of beating any other team not named Abilene gets real slim.

We have major problems. Defense, offense, special teams, coaching, leadership, and fans all have issues.
Defense has trouble getting off blocks, getting pressure, tackling, and defending the pass. 1 issue on defense causes most of the other ones. We need to figure out how to matchup to allow our dline to make more than 1 out of every 10 plays.

Offense, got to use tempo to our advantage. We need to allow our OL to remain standing until we check with the sidelines to keep them ready to fire off the ball. Our RBs need to block at least 1 guy when they blitz instead of letting two blow by them. Our qb needs to anticipate throws before the break. Playcalling is too slow and has already hit a rut where I know what is coming about 60% of the time. Also, when we mix in edge running with Kylin he seems to get rolling. Can we run a WR screen, RB screen, RB wheel route, or maybe a jet sweep every single game? I would mix those 4 plays in every damn series. Until the stop it. Then hit a quick hitter up the middle with Kylin or Shrader. Put it this way, I would have Guidry, Zuber, and Payton jet sweeping almost every play. Make them move a LB as the motion comes across. Jet sweep after a big 1st down run by Kyl8n would be a big 1-2 punch. Basically could be a triple option play with RPO if you called it right.

Special teams.....wtf.

AD, got to light a fire and set the expectation with the coaches and players.

Fans.....need to get on board. This is our team regardless if they win 5 or 9. Our players are our players. Our coach is our coach. Our intensity at games matter. Or language we use on the message boards and around town matters.

So, what would help from our coaching staff is some actual dialogue about how the team is doing. All I hear is how good we are doing and how awesome things are going. Maybe its some time to get real. You shouldn't have to coach effort, but you absolutely have to.

Turfdawg67
09-30-2019, 07:54 PM
Horrible. Have we played a night game all year?

Maroonthirteen
09-30-2019, 07:56 PM

Well.... there was one scheduled but we didn’t show up.

TrapGame
09-30-2019, 08:57 PM
You guys act like every team other than a select few only win 5 games. Seriously, some people need to remember that we are fans of the boys that chose to play here. A coach that chose to be here. I will support Joe until the final whistle of the final game. I will support MSU until the final whistle.

Fine to critique coaches, players, and the ad, but shit man.....we are supposed to be on the same team. Some take pride in us performing badly due to their internet cred. Sure....you said we were going to get beat, but this I was right told you guys, etc is a bit overplayed. I am interested in the next step.

As I've said before I like Joe but he seems to be in over his head. And having said that I'd be willing to bet he's here beyond next year. I'd also be willing to bet we have a really special team in 2021. 2021 may be the year he shuts everyone up and you won't find a cross word toward him on any message board. But, we'll see.

KentuckyDawg13
10-01-2019, 10:02 AM
ET, 10am CT. I am sure our Bulldogs will be bright-eyed and ready for a road game @ 10am. :-/

Tbonewannabe
10-01-2019, 10:07 AM
As I've said before I like Joe but he seems to be in over his head. And having said that I'd be willing to bet he's here beyond next year. I'd also be willing to bet we have a really special team in 2021. 2021 may be the year he shuts everyone up and you won't find a cross word toward him on any message board. But, we'll see.

One thing is to get to 2021, he has to 1.) Keep improving recruiting 2.) keep the bowl streak alive 3.)Keep the embarrassing losses to a minimum. We usually had 1 or 2 blowout losses per year under Mullen but we would really compete in the rest. Moorhead already has 4 shitty Offensive games under his belt last year so he can't keep doing it. Losing to AU, A&M, LSU, and Bama were expected but we need to be competitive in those games at some point.

Scared_Hitless
10-01-2019, 10:26 AM
We have major problems. Defense, offense, special teams, coaching, leadership, and fans all have issues.
Defense has trouble getting off blocks, getting pressure, tackling, and defending the pass. 1 issue on defense causes most of the other ones. We need to figure out how to matchup to allow our dline to make more than 1 out of every 10 plays.

Offense, got to use tempo to our advantage. We need to allow our OL to remain standing until we check with the sidelines to keep them ready to fire off the ball. Our RBs need to block at least 1 guy when they blitz instead of letting two blow by them. Our qb needs to anticipate throws before the break. Playcalling is too slow and has already hit a rut where I know what is coming about 60% of the time. Also, when we mix in edge running with Kylin he seems to get rolling. Can we run a WR screen, RB screen, RB wheel route, or maybe a jet sweep every single game? I would mix those 4 plays in every damn series. Until the stop it. Then hit a quick hitter up the middle with Kylin or Shrader. Put it this way, I would have Guidry, Zuber, and Payton jet sweeping almost every play. Make them move a LB as the motion comes across. Jet sweep after a big 1st down run by Kyl8n would be a big 1-2 punch. Basically could be a triple option play with RPO if you called it right.

Special teams.....wtf.

AD, got to light a fire and set the expectation with the coaches and players.

Fans.....need to get on board. This is our team regardless if they win 5 or 9. Our players are our players. Our coach is our coach. Our intensity at games matter. Or language we use on the message boards and around town matters.

So, what would help from our coaching staff is some actual dialogue about how the team is doing. All I hear is how good we are doing and how awesome things are going. Maybe its some time to get real. You shouldn't have to coach effort, but you absolutely have to.

I agree 100% on the play calling, I am not sure if it is dumbing down the Offense for Garrett or what is happening. We need some imagination, Joe has flashes of where we have great calls, but they are not consistent. More misdirection and motion would be a start. Kylin has done with considering 90% of his carries are into the 2 and 3 hole on a zone read.

Maroonthirteen
10-01-2019, 10:45 AM
ET, 10am CT. I am sure our Bulldogs will be bright-eyed and ready for a road game @ 10am. :-/

Cmon man, 11am CT/12 ET is when the first sec games kick off.

I talked to a few players before the KState game about 11am games. They said they like them for road games because you aren’t in a hotel all day waiting.

Tbonewannabe
10-01-2019, 11:04 AM
Cmon man, 11am CT/12 ET is when the first sec games kick off.

I talked to a few players before the KState game about 11am games. They said they like them for road games because you aren’t in a hotel all day waiting.

Matt Wyatt said that exact thing. He said it sucked hanging around a hotel for a 7 pm game.

KentuckyDawg13
10-01-2019, 12:08 PM
Phew...that's good. Thanks for the catch. I'm always having to convert since I live in ET and have family in CT. ha.

msbulldog
10-01-2019, 12:19 PM

Damn right! Rep given.

RocketDawg
10-01-2019, 07:07 PM

Last Saturday at Auburn was mostly at night.

RocketDawg
10-01-2019, 07:09 PM

No, it's 12 noon Eastern, 11 Central.