PDA

View Full Version : We lost to a Top 10 team on the road.....

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2019, 08:32 PM
And we had 10 players suspended. Some of y'all need to get a grip on reality. That game had blowout written all over it, and it happened. Even 34 is more grounded in reality these days than most of this board.

Cooterpoot
09-29-2019, 08:37 PM
it’s not the score, it’s how it went down.

BayouDawg
09-29-2019, 08:41 PM
I agree. But the first 6 minutes just looked so bad. If we go into half down 21-10 or even 28-10 and then end up losing 42-24 or so i think it would be a lot more understandable. The first 6 minutes just gave the perception that the team was ill prepared

msugolf
09-29-2019, 08:46 PM
And we had 10 players suspended. Some of y'all need to get a grip on reality. That game had blowout written all over it, and it happened. Even 34 is more grounded in reality these days than most of this board.

We had 2 players suspended. The other 8 wouldn't have seen the field anyways. Another overused narrative.

shoeless joe
09-29-2019, 08:48 PM
It’s not last nite. It’s the way the program is embarrassing the university

Coach34
09-29-2019, 09:07 PM
21-0 6 mins into a game vs anybody is unacceptable. Wouldnt you agree?

biggun
09-29-2019, 09:08 PM

It’s not that we lost to a top 10 on the road last night, it’s that we were completely annihilated and embarrassed last night while looking totally unprepared and uninterested from the opening kick.

Losing to Auburn, that was expected by most sane Bulldog fans but what causes great concern and what is not acceptable, is the way we lost to Auburn

maroonmania
09-29-2019, 10:01 PM
Yea, the loss was expected. The bad part was feeling like I was rewatching the KY game from last year where our team was undisciplined, unfocused, and out of control. We were weak and soft both mentally and physically and couldn't handle the environment. I'm thinking at this point that every first game on the road in the SEC under Moorhead is just going to be an automatic disaster. So if we had just lost the game looking like a team that was reasonably well coached and playing with poise I really don't think anyone would be complaining.

Todd4State
09-29-2019, 11:12 PM
We had 2 players suspended. The other 8 wouldn't have seen the field anyways. Another overused narrative.

Murphy would have played some in the secondary. Losing Whop has hurt us on ST.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2019, 09:05 AM
Y'all take the cake. Auburn is better than us, a lot better. A few of us tried to tell y'all that. Melting down I've that is just asinine. Now if we lose to UT, and we very well might, melt away.

bluelightstar
09-30-2019, 09:07 AM
Y'all take the cake. Auburn is better than us, a lot better. A few of us tried to tell y'all that. Melting down I've that is just asinine. Now if we lose to UT, and we very well might, melt away.

Is Auburn 56-16 better than us? 42-9 in the first half better than us? If so, let's just shut it down.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2019, 09:07 AM
21-0 6 mins into a game vs anybody is unacceptable. Wouldnt you agree?

Unacceptable or not, it happened. It doesn't matter if we accept it or not. The margin of victory wound up pretty close to what I predicted. I expected them to blow us away and we would get some points in garbage time. That's what they did. Both teams scored more than I thought they would.

Dawgology
09-30-2019, 09:10 AM

If you think it's about the loss then you are looking the wrong direction. It, actually, didn't have blowout written all over. Vegas made them an 8-12 point favorite and Vegas is usually about right on the money. It's about the fact that our team looked unprepared, made bonehead decisions the entire game, played out of position on defense most of the game, and looked completely undisciplined. It was not JUST a loss to a very good team it was an EMBARASSING loss where we fielded a team that looked like it didn't belong in Div 1 college football...much less the SEC.

If you are happy with that representing your unviersity then soldier on. But many of us expect to at least field a competent team that looks like they belong there.

Dawgology
09-30-2019, 09:12 AM
Is Auburn 56-16 better than us? 42-9 in the first half better than us? If so, let's just shut it down.

This. I would say "are they 21-0 in 6 monites better than us?" If they are then we need to can the whole thing and build back from the ground up because it is going the way of dumpster fire very quickly.

Doggie_Style
09-30-2019, 09:14 AM

We were blown out in the first 6 minutes of the game......that has to be a record and it points to much larger problems than the suspension of a few players

Tbonewannabe
09-30-2019, 09:19 AM
This. I would say "are they 21-0 in 6 monites better than us?" If they are then we need to can the whole thing and build back from the ground up because it is going the way of dumpster fire very quickly.

I would say that the 21-0 just showed how unprepared we were to start the game. After that the game kind of went about how I expected it. 21-9 at halftime and then we matched their score in the second half. Now they probably let up some at the end of the game but they were still throwing deep with their starters with around 7-8 minutes left in the game. I don't think we scored any true garbage points. They still had some starters on defense out there on our last drive.

The UT game is going to tell us a lot about where we are as a team. If we look flat then it is worrisome even if we win (or win BIG). I want to see balls to the wall for 60 minutes.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2019, 09:26 AM

Yes, and no need to shut it down. It happens. Your solution is to quit. That IS unacceptable.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2019, 09:35 AM
I swear, y'all build up expectations based on little or nothing and with evidence to the contrary, then you totally meltdown when those unrealistic expectations aren't met. We lost 3 of the best players in the country off the defense, had two of the best remaining suspended for most of the year. On offense we were going to be playing a first year starter at QB no matter who it was, had no proven WRs, and we couldn't move it against decent opposition last year. Exactly what part of that says we were going to be even close to as good as were were last year? Going in I said 7-5 with a better chance of being 6-6 than 8-4. As of now 8-4 ain't happening. The other two are still in play although 6-6 is probably most likely. I ain't gonna meltdown over losing to a Top 10 team on the road. I ain't even going to melt down over getting blown out. It will happen at least twice (3 times is probable) more this year so buckle up you bunch of buttercups.

Commercecomet24
09-30-2019, 10:49 AM
I swear, y'all build up expectations based on little or nothing and with evidence to the contrary, then you totally meltdown when those unrealistic expectations aren't met. We lost 3 of the best players in the country off the defense, had two of the best remaining suspended for most of the year. On offense we were going to be playing a first year starter at QB no matter who it was, had no proven WRs, and we couldn't move it against decent opposition last year. Exactly what part of that says we were going to be even close to as good as were were last year? Going in I said 7-5 with a better chance of being 6-6 than 8-4. As of now 8-4 ain't happening. The other two are still in play although 6-6 is probably most likely. I ain't gonna meltdown over losing to a Top 10 team on the road. I ain't even going to melt down over getting blown out. It will happen at least twice (3 times is probable) more this year so buckle up you bunch of buttercups.

Yep. The same things being said now were being said about Mullen in 2013 and 2016 for sure and I remember it back in 2011 as well. I'm not happy about the way things have looked at times either but lets at least let things play out and see where we are at the end of the year. If there's no improvement and everything comes off the rails then it's time for some serious consideration as to the future of our program. I thought we would win 7-8 games this year(regular season) and I still see 6-7 wins and a bowl game. If we don't win at least 6 then I think we are trending downward. We ain't changing coaches this year anyway so we might as well support the team til the end. JMO.

msugolf
09-30-2019, 11:06 AM
Yep. The same things being said now were being said about Mullen in 2013 and 2016 for sure and I remember it back in 2011 as well. I'm not happy about the way things have looked at times either but lets at least let things play out and see where we are at the end of the year. If there's no improvement and everything comes off the rails then it's time for some serious consideration as to the future of our program. I thought we would win 7-8 games this year(regular season) and I still see 6-7 wins and a bowl game. If we don't win at least 6 then I think we are trending downward. We ain't changing coaches this year anyway so we might as well support the team til the end. JMO.

I tend to not watch things that make my blood boil so if it's ok with the "just accept who we are and support the team" crowd I think I'll just check out for the rest of the season. Plenty of other things that need my attention other than shitty football.

CadaverDawg
09-30-2019, 11:15 AM
Liverpool and 007 would still have Croom and Rick Ray here if they were in charge. It'd be better to just let their threads drift off the page and just move forward. It's hard to believe people like these two aren't trolls. Their comments make you speechless they're so lacking in common sense. Anybody with eyes knows why people are pissed about Saturday. It's not always about score....if you know football, which these two clearly don't, you can see a shit show with your eyes regardless of what the scoreboard says. I dont even know why I respond...I'm lowering my IQ

Commercecomet24
09-30-2019, 11:25 AM
I tend to not watch things that make my blood boil so if it's ok with the "just accept who we are and support the team" crowd I think I'll just check out for the rest of the season. Plenty of other things that need my attention other than shitty football.

Look I hate losing worse than anyone, my wife thinks I go overboard in my competitiveness. I've always been a winner so I don't take losing or non competitiveness lightly. All I'm trying to say is we aren't changing a coach in mid season so i'm gonna back the team until the end. If the trend continues I'll be the first one to want a change. I can understand why folks don't want to support right now and find other thing to do with their time and money, but that's just not the way i'm wired. I'll stay til the bitter end.

QuadrupleOption
09-30-2019, 11:30 AM
We were blown out in the first 6 minutes of the game......that has to be a record and it points to much larger problems than the suspension of a few players

I'm pretty sure Oregon was up 28-0 at the end of the first quarter in 2002. So yeah, shitty, but not "Jackie Sherrill post-2000" shitty.

QuadrupleOption
09-30-2019, 11:39 AM
I'll admit that I thought we'd be better than this. I knew our D wouldn't be top 10, but I'd hoped for top 50. I knew our offense wouldn't be top 10, but I hoped for top 25. Neither of those has happened. I thought we'd go 8-4 with an outside shot at 9-3 if Auburn, A&M, or LSU were overrated like they are most years. That's probably not going to happen but I do think 6-6 is attainable as long as the team keeps fighting to get better.

But that shitshow Saturday night shook me a little as a fan. I don't like losing but I HATE losing because of a general lack of knowing WTF you're supposed to be doing. Moorhead needs to get this shit figured out post-haste. I'm not giving up on him yet but this trend of playing like shit on the road has to stop.

Liverpooldawg
09-30-2019, 12:21 PM
Liverpool and 007 would still have Croom and Rick Ray here if they were in charge. It'd be better to just let their threads drift off the page and just move forward. It's hard to believe people like these two aren't trolls. Their comments make you speechless they're so lacking in common sense. Anybody with eyes knows why people are pissed about Saturday. It's not always about score....if you know football, which these two clearly don't, you can see a shit show with your eyes regardless of what the scoreboard says. I dont even know why I respond...I'm lowering my IQ

That's just stupid and NOT true. I can't speak for 007 but I wanted Ray fired the day we hired him. It was also quite obvious that Croom needed to go. Comparing those two to Moorhead just makes YOU look stupid. It's one of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted here, and THAT is saying something.

Coach007
09-30-2019, 12:23 PM
Liverpool and 007 would still have Croom and Rick Ray here if they were in charge.

Not at all. Emotional today?