PDA

View Full Version : Shrader prediction going forward ...

dawgday166
09-29-2019, 11:45 AM
Joe is going to adjust his offense for Shrader who, ironically right now is a very similar QB to Fitz. But Shrader is "his guy", so he'll adjust. If he don't he really is an arrogant idiot.

And it might turn out pretty decent tho Shrader still gonna get hit some cause Hill won't block. And Guidry still gonna drop passes over the middle too.

It'll be interesting to see how the O rolls with Shrader if Joe adjusts.

Charlie_Sheen420
09-29-2019, 11:49 AM
Well it is yet to be determined if Shrader, will be the starter with a healthy Stevens available. I think we all want to see Shrader start from here on out and see what happens, but I have a felling Jomo will start Stevens if he's "healthy"......

timotheus
09-29-2019, 11:51 AM
Oh after 2 weeks off I fully expect Joe to trot Tommy out there and he"ll stay until the time that he is stroked by a defender. same song and different verse

Todd4State
09-29-2019, 11:55 AM
The fact that any of our fans think that a true freshman is similar to Fitz proves my point about Fitz. Except the biggest difference is Shrader can actually complete passes at a higher rate than Fitz did.

dawgday166
09-29-2019, 11:57 AM
The fact that any of our fans think that a true freshman is similar to Fitz proves my point about Fitz. Except the biggest difference is Shrader can actually complete passes at a higher rate than Fitz did.

Maintain your narrative at all costs Todd. You still need to really stick with baseball tho.

dantheman4248
09-29-2019, 12:19 PM
Maintain your narrative at all costs Todd. You still need to really stick with baseball tho.

Fitz is a practice squad QB for a reason. Loads of physical talent but not there mentally able to compete yet.

Moorhead is at fault for not adjusting to him though.

dawgday166
09-29-2019, 12:23 PM
Fitz is a practice squad QB for a reason. Loads of physical talent but not there mentally able to compete yet.

Moorhead is at fault for not adjusting to him though.

I never said Fitz is an NFL QB. I thought he might could become one if he worked at it like Dak does. NFL receivers actually catch "non-catchable" bullets that hit them in the hands too.

But there have been loads of NC title game winning QBs that aren't NFL caliber. And loads of great college QBs that aren't NFL QBs. Dak wasn't an NFL caliber QB his Jr year in 2014. He willed himself into becoming one.

ETA: I also believe Joe destroyed the progression of Fitz as a QB and his confidence. There's a reason Mullen is a very good QB developer. We'll see if Joe can develop Shrader who has tons of upside.

cheewgumm
09-29-2019, 12:35 PM
Shrader makes better decisions. I think he is really intelligent. He seems to be good at deciding where the ball should go. I?m not coach , definitely no expert, but from my ingrained eyes that?s what it looks like.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2019, 01:37 PM
Shrader is already better than Fitz

Sloppy Joe needs to take a bath & clean this shit up though

Bothrops
09-29-2019, 02:27 PM
I think Stevens, thought to himself- FTS after a sample of plays. What's next, a fractured ear lobe...

Maroonthirteen
09-29-2019, 02:41 PM
I think Stevens, thought to himself- FTS after a sample of plays. What's next, a fractured ear lobe...

For real..... how anyone that watches football regular, not understand the situation with stevens. ?If he?s healthy..?. Dude is never going to play a full sec game.

Regardless what offense that we run or play called, Shrader Is the only QB capable and willing to do the job at the moment.

Todd4State
09-29-2019, 02:54 PM

You're the one with the narrative here. Not me.

Shrader's 59% completion percentage is higher than Fitz's 52% last year. That includes Shrader's 33% day against K-State.

With Shrader we scored more points on UK and as many on Auburn on the road as we did with Fitz.

This year we are averaging 25 PPG on offense after averaging 19 PPG last year. I expect that trend to stay in the right direction. Right now we are 8th in the SEC in scoring in conference games only after being 12th last year- which I'm using only because that was the stat that so many used last year. We're 9th overall in PPG so far after being 10th last year.

And interestingly enough for the Dan's offense was so much better narrative:

In year one we finished tied for 7th in PPG in a then 12 team SEC and then in 2010 we finished 11th in PPG in conference games only. So, 2010 was actually worse with Dan than we are now and a point worse than Joe last year. We finished 9th and 10th in PPG in Dan's first two years as HC in all games.

And for the Joe doesn't adjust to talent crowd- Fitz had more carries last year than he did under Dan by a wide margin. A couple of posters seem to think that Joe somehow intentionally sabotaged Nick's career and that's absolutely absurd because there is zero benefit to Joe to do that and Joe always has the option to simply sit a player down. Which any coach would do before they hurt the entire team including the coach themselves.

But NO ONE in the Fitz defender crowd ever mentions:

1. That Fitz got suspended in game one.
2. Fitz was known to spend a ton of time away from Starkville to hang out with his girlfriend- which is fine if he had gotten his work in. If you're going to be Joe Namath you better be able to get your shit done on the field.
3. Nick repeatedly calling out fans on Twitter any time we won- usually after a week after a horrific performance against someone like LSU.

dawgday166
09-29-2019, 02:58 PM
You still got Hill going early into draft? He's a stud. ****

yjnkdawg
09-29-2019, 05:04 PM
You're the one with the narrative here. Not me.

Shrader's 59% completion percentage is higher than Fitz's 52% last year. That includes Shrader's 33% day against K-State.

With Shrader we scored more points on UK and as many on Auburn on the road as we did with Fitz.

This year we are averaging 25 PPG on offense after averaging 19 PPG last year. I expect that trend to stay in the right direction. Right now we are 8th in the SEC in scoring in conference games only after being 12th last year- which I'm using only because that was the stat that so many used last year. We're 9th overall in PPG so far after being 10th last year.

And interestingly enough for the Dan's offense was so much better narrative:

In year one we finished tied for 7th in PPG in a then 12 team SEC and then in 2010 we finished 11th in PPG in conference games only. So, 2010 was actually worse with Dan than we are now and a point worse than Joe last year. We finished 9th and 10th in PPG in Dan's first two years as HC in all games.

And for the Joe doesn't adjust to talent crowd- Fitz had more carries last year than he did under Dan by a wide margin. A couple of posters seem to think that Joe somehow intentionally sabotaged Nick's career and that's absolutely absurd because there is zero benefit to Joe to do that and Joe always has the option to simply sit a player down. Which any coach would do before they hurt the entire team including the coach themselves.

But NO ONE in the Fitz defender crowd ever mentions:

1. That Fitz got suspended in game one.
2. Fitz was known to spend a ton of time away from Starkville to hang out with his girlfriend- which is fine if he had gotten his work in. If you're going to be Joe Namath you better be able to get your shit done on the field.
3. Nick repeatedly calling out fans on Twitter any time we won- usually after a week after a horrific performance against someone like LSU.

I'm not in either crowd, but some of those Fitz runs were where he misread the defense or they baited him into thinking the best option was for him to run. Then Fitz loved to run the ball too. JoeMo did not intend on him having that many carries. I don't get where some thought that JoeMo intentionally sabotaged Fitz's career. JoeMo didn't run a DM offense , but he wasn't hired to run one. He tried to adjust his offense some for Fitz, who was the best option, he had at quarterback, but Fitz was a DM type quarterback.

dantheman4248
09-29-2019, 06:26 PM
How many carries did Fitz have in 11 personnel versus heavier formations. That’s where Joe didn’t use Fitz right. Joe swears by 3 WRs when we don’t have the best run blocking WRs...