PDA

View Full Version : We Need a New Playcaller Yesterday

dantheman4248
09-29-2019, 10:40 AM
It?s pretty pathetic to watch that game and be able to trace just about every mistake or bad play we made back to a coaching decision. Even more annoying knowing that the grocieries we bought are great. The recipes we have are amazing. But the damn cook could make ramen noodles without having to read the instruction packet, then google how to use a stove, then ask siri for directions for which way to turn a ****ing faucet.

Watching Tommy?s two drives vs. Garrett?s first TD drive was insane. With Tommy in Moorhead tried to play high IQ chess when his Check With Me crap is so easily beaten. You reading the defense? Ok... call two defensive alignments. Shift when the play is changed. Moorhead has to relinquish playcalling duties. When you are beat by something that simple... yikes.

As for what the actual playcalling should look like. Look at Garrett?s TD drive. For the majority of the drive we just RTGDFB. It?s amazing what happens when you do that. Auburn has a top tier run defense. Our run offense is better when we actually use it. 4th & 1... what has MSU run for the past decade? QB up the middle. We didn?t get fancy and we just did that when it was obvious it was coming. How did it not get stopped? Because that?s who we are and when utilized it?s one of the best rushing games in the nation, see: MSU vs. Auburn 2018 (jesus **** Moorhead how can you be so dense). What?s tragic is I fully believe we would have been better off quick-snapping and running the ball every play while using something other than 11 personnel last night.

As for the Tommy vs. Garrett debate. I fully blame the coach 100000% for how Tommy looked last night. Goes back to the difference in those drives. How Moorhead calls the game with Tommy in there scares me for Garrett?s future. Garrett is very talented and you can see the potential in his passing game. But how Moorhead handles the playcalling when a QB that ?knows his system? is in the game is just plain bad.

As for the actual plays called themselves, the designs don?t seem half bad. There are a few that need to go (the hb standing in front of the QB and running hard across him for the ball then taking a ninety degree turn to go straight up the middle a la ladarius perkins counters needs to be burned from memory. Absolutely horrible design.) Which is why we need a new playcaller. Joe can?t do it.

As for the effort out of the team and the piss poor start, fire your special teams coordinator. Our kids don?t know that you can fair catch inside the 25 and take the ball up there. We totally missed the memo on that rule it feels like. And that was the nail that put us where we had 0 shot of coming back.

And for the ?I told you so? crowd. Ok, and? Sorry for believing in this team. It?s rough when you see how talented these kids are and see the potential in the system we?re running. We have a top notch boat with great crewmen and a solid captain except for his reluctance to relinquish the navigation role that he absolutely sucks at.

I?ve seen enough that I?m firmly off the Moorhead train until he gets a new playcaller.

Cooterpoot
09-29-2019, 10:44 AM
Yep. We need a legit OC.