PDA

View Full Version : If we simply had a QB who could throw....

cheewgumm
09-29-2019, 10:35 AM
Wait this is 2019, my bad.

I seen it dawg
09-29-2019, 10:36 AM
Or not having to play a true freshman qb....

bluelightstar
09-29-2019, 10:37 AM
This year, we blame suspensions.

Next year will be “we lost too many starters.”

Really can’t judge him until 2021!

Coach007
09-29-2019, 10:39 AM

Facts are facts

dawgday166
09-29-2019, 10:40 AM
Fitz' fault. Hill better than Aeris. Guidry all-sec WR. Tommy making NFL reads.

timotheus
09-29-2019, 10:46 AM
Guidry tried to drop the TD, bless his heart. his hands are made of stone and seem rock hard as are Spivey's. that crap ain't on the QB

cheewgumm
09-29-2019, 10:47 AM
I?m really mad at Joe for ruining last year to be honest. State gets limited opportunities to be as good as we should have been last year and he blew it.

It?s this year and you?re supposed to move on. I get that. But last year was so dumb on his part that it made me think he?s not smart enough for this.

It?s worth a shout out to our fans who simply laid it at Fitzgerald?s feet last year. They could see the ?talent gap? last year too but the narrative was ?if we just had the right QB...?

dawgday166
09-29-2019, 10:50 AM
I?m really mad at Joe for ruining last year to be honest. State gets limited opportunities to be as good as we should have been last year and he blew it.

It?s this year and you?re supposed to move on. I get that. But last year was so dumb on his part that it made me think he?s not smart enough for this.

It?s worth a shout out to our fans who simply laid it at Fitzgerald?s feet last year. They could see the ?talent gap? last year too but the narrative was ?if we just had the right QB...?

THIS is a top-notch post and I'm pissed as hell about last year too. Was ready to move on but we got a head coach that teaches our team to play patty-cake instead of football.

Todd4State
09-29-2019, 11:31 AM
Can someone explain to me why we're complaining about the QB after a game where we allowed 56 points? And matched our point total against the same opponent as last year on the road with a more experienced Auburn team?

Todd4State
09-29-2019, 11:34 AM

Fitz was a major issue last year. I'm sorry. He just was. We have a freshman who was in high school last year who is playing better than Fitz did as a senior right now. So if this is a "told us so" post it's not a very good one.

Speaking of moving on...

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2019, 11:39 AM
Can someone explain to me why we're complaining about the QB after a game where we allowed 56 points? And matched our point total against the same opponent as last year on the road with a more experienced Auburn team?

This. Can't be mad at our offense. It was 21-0 before they barely got their first grass stain. We can't tackle. We can't defend a pass. Special teams are s joke. Only complaint on offense is when Stevens is in. The beard is our QB of the future and needs to be the QB of our present.

dawgday166
09-29-2019, 11:39 AM
Fitz was a major issue last year. I'm sorry. He just was. We have a freshman who was in high school last year who is playing better than Fitz did as a senior right now. So if this is a "told us so" post it's not a very good one.

Speaking of moving on...

You need to stick to baseball analysis. You're pretty decent at that.

Coach34
09-29-2019, 11:41 AM

because it was 42-9 at half and our 2nd half TD's against alot of back-ups really isnt very impressive

Coach34
09-29-2019, 11:42 AM
This year, we blame suspensions.

Next year will be “we lost too many starters.”

yep. This will be the playbook used

Todd4State
09-29-2019, 11:46 AM
You need to stick to baseball analysis. You're pretty decent at that.

Makes me feel better about my football analysis having read yours the past two days.

dawgday166
09-29-2019, 11:59 AM
Makes me feel better about my football analysis having read yours the past two days.

That's because you're clueless. I actually saw the boat race coming last night, the KState game coming, etc.

yjnkdawg
09-29-2019, 12:08 PM

Unless we had actually played games with another coach as our HC (prior coach or whatever) last year, nobody has a clue on how many games we would have won. It's all speculation. But again I will say, I bet we would have lost the OM game. Can we say job shopping?

dawgday166
09-29-2019, 12:10 PM
Unless we had actually played games with another coach (prior coach or whatever) last year, nobody has a clue on how many games we would have won. It's all speculation. But again I will say, I bet we would have lost the OM game. Can we say job shopping?

That is somewhat a high probability and what pissed me off at Mullen the most.

Jarius
09-29-2019, 12:13 PM
because it was 42-9 at half and our 2nd half TD's against alot of back-ups really isnt very impressive

The offense moved the ball up and down the field all night on the road against one of the best defenses in the country. Joe being an idiot at the 1 yard line stopped us from scoring 16 in the first half, not Shrader. Shrader is miles ahead of Fitz as a true Freshman.

msstate7
09-29-2019, 12:18 PM
The offense moved the ball up and down the field all night on the road against one of the best defenses in the country. Joe being an idiot at the 1 yard line stopped us from scoring 16 in the first half, not Shrader. Shrader is miles ahead of Fitz as a true Freshman.

We had 334 yards of total offense.

Coach34
09-29-2019, 12:20 PM

Shrader will absolutely be a better QB than Fitz. Nobody is debating that. He will stop turning it over more as he gets older.

We didnt exactly shred Auburn. They give up 320 yards per and we had 334. A good bit of it was gained against back-ups as they played every swinging dick they had on D. The offense faced 4th and 24 and 4th and 13 on its 1st 2 possessions- going 3 and out both times. To say they relaxed some wouldnt be an exaggeration in the least.

msugolf
09-29-2019, 12:22 PM

Malzahn even admitted in the post game conference that he was playing 3rd teamers on defense in the 3rd quarter. I swear some of you people are determined to go down with the ship. Just admit it, his offense is trash and won't work in the SEC. Itll never be to the level we need it for putting up points in big games.

yjnkdawg
09-29-2019, 12:22 PM

It is hard enough for our team to hear the signal call, especially in that end zone area without this check with me and then check with me, and then check with me to make sure that you actually checked with me to make sure that you checked with me crap. Just gives more opportunities for something to screw up and keep you out of the end zone. Which it did. I won't call JoeMo an idiot, but down there just run the ball. Pretty simple plan.

Jarius
09-29-2019, 12:23 PM
Shrader will absolutely be a better QB than Fitz. Nobody is debating that. He will stop turning it over more as he gets older.

We didnt exactly shred Auburn. They give up 320 yards per and we had 334. A good bit of it was gained against back-ups as they played every swinging dick they had on D. The offense faced 4th and 24 and 4th and 13 on its 1st 2 possessions- going 3 and out both times. To say they relaxed some wouldnt be an exaggeration in the least.

Yea, the offense looked much better once Stevens was yanked. Stevens is scared to death of getting injured and it shows. Shrader should be the guy going forward.

Jarius
09-29-2019, 12:24 PM

How many yards of offense would last year’s offense have on the road against a defense of that quality? Not 334 and certainly not 26 points.

cheewgumm
09-29-2019, 12:26 PM
The point it being missed by some. I like Shrader and he?ll be good. This more about the mantra that all we need is a QB who can throw, and all will work like clockwork.

Fitzgerald is not the reason we didn?t meet expectations last year.

I have no problem with Shrader. In fact I think he?s gonna be great.

TrapGame
09-29-2019, 12:37 PM
Before we landed Stevens I was sure we would start Shrader and take the lumps. And it seems we are back to that option.

John56
09-29-2019, 12:44 PM
What pissed me off about last year was 2 dropped passes that would have given us a 10-3 record.

bluelightstar
09-29-2019, 12:45 PM
What pissed me off about last year was 2 dropped passes that would have given us a 10-3 record.

This simply cannot be said with any real certainty.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-29-2019, 12:54 PM
Regardless of stats, anyone who can't see the O is much better with Shrader vs Fitz isn't paying attention. Shrader makes better pre snap reads. Shrader throws more accurately and actually lookes at multiple targets to find the open guy. Shrader is more elusive than post injury Fitz was. The OL knows their assignments this year and the OT's aren't an embarrassment. WR's are much better. RBs look well coached. No, the O isn't the problem.

OL recruiting has been good and we're bringing in better athletes than the 3* we currently have at all 5 spots... next year we probably start a 5* (cross), and 2 4* (Cole and Johnson). We're bringing in better athletes at WR and the coaching is improved.

Saying the JoMo offense "doesn't work" or that it "can't work here" is premature. That said, I do wish he'd be more physical and less trying to outsmart the D. And I also wish he'd create better gameplans than he usually does. But the O is clearly trending in the right direction

TrapGame
09-29-2019, 01:05 PM
Regardless of stats, anyone who can't see the O is much better with Shrader vs Fitz isn't paying attention. Shrader makes better pre snap reads. Shrader throws more accurately and actually lookes at multiple targets to find the open guy. Shrader is more elusive than post injury Fitz was. The OL knows their assignments this year and the OT's aren't an embarrassment. WR's are much better. RBs look well coached. No, the O isn't the problem.

OL recruiting has been good and we're bringing in better athletes than the 3* we currently have at all 5 spots... next year we probably start a 5* (cross), and 2 4* (Cole and Johnson). We're bringing in better athletes at WR and the coaching is improved.

Saying the JoMo offense "doesn't work" or that it "can't work here" is premature. That said, I do wish he'd be more physical and less trying to outsmart the D. And I also wish he'd create better gameplans than he usually does. But the O is clearly trending in the right direction

Absolutely agree. But I will reiterate that Joe hasn't accepted that he's the CEO. He's not just the senior vice president anymore. He needs to delegate to his asst. coaches including an OC that knows his system and he can trust. Joe needs to be over the entire team and being the OC/head coach makes him a part time head coach.

Doggie_Style
09-29-2019, 01:05 PM
Malzahn even admitted in the post game conference that he was playing 3rd teamers on defense in the 3rd quarter. I swear some of you people are determined to go down with the ship. Just admit it, his offense is trash and won't work in the SEC. Itll never be to the level we need it for putting up points in big games.

I tend to agree and JoMo shows no interest in changing or adjusting anything....we have the same slow ass delay of game offense we had last year....it won?t win games against decent teams

Doggie_Style
09-29-2019, 01:08 PM

Joe ‘s offense works great if you are playing USM....To The Top...wheeeee

Lord McBuckethead
09-29-2019, 01:17 PM
Guidry tried to drop the TD, bless his heart. his hands are made of stone and seem rock hard as are Spivey's. that crap ain't on the QB

He did drop it. Yeah he took two steps, then got jelly legs, then dropped the ball. At least after trying to get the ball back, he played it off as if he tossed it after the catch. I am telling you.....he dropped it. Just his immediate reaction tells the story.

Lord McBuckethead
09-29-2019, 01:18 PM
I tend to agree and JoMo shows no interest in changing or adjusting anything....we have the same slow ass delay of game offense we had last year....it won?t win games against decent teams

I tend to agree. At this level, coaches show you a pre snap look. Moorhead changes the play. Then the defensive coach simply changes their call. I would rather moorhead call two plays and let the qb make the check quickly and snap the ball with 20 seconds on the clock. Especially after a 1st down.

TheLostDawg
09-29-2019, 01:25 PM

3rd string in the third quarter. We played our third string in the first.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2019, 01:25 PM
Regardless of what the stats say, eye test says the offense looks extremely capable with Shrader & he'll only get better

Doggie_Style
09-29-2019, 01:33 PM
I tend to agree. At this level, coaches show you a pre snap look. Moorhead changes the play.

The only players that are confused by Moorhead ‘s approach are our own team....it’s worse on the road when it is loud ...and the damn delay penalties are a side effect of Joe’s system

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-29-2019, 01:38 PM
Shotgun I love the new pic

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2019, 01:39 PM
Shotgun I love the new pic

It staying till I see a clean Joe.

His teams play sloppy & that has to stop

R2Dawg
09-29-2019, 01:41 PM

I took it as sarcasm with the Fitz complaining last year; I also took it being a long time MSU fan that a good QB for many years kept us from winning a few championships but now we've had a few and still stink it up. Kinda ironic. With the QB transfer rule, I'd rather hang on the tough D and run the ball mentality. Now you can always go get another QB much easier but you will not get a good D or instant run game. Recruit biguns like JWS did and get it done at LOS.

BrunswickDawg
09-29-2019, 01:55 PM
It staying till I see a clean Joe.

His teams play sloppy & that has to stop

Could you at least make it smaller? As much as you post, it's going to make threads hard as shit to read.

msstate7
09-29-2019, 01:58 PM
Could you at least make it smaller? As much as you post, it's going to make threads hard as shit to read.

Last night's game deserves the family size

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2019, 01:59 PM

NO

dawgday166
09-29-2019, 02:01 PM

NO

Dammit 7 ... while I agree with your post I also agree with Brunswick. Now look what you did *****

Coach34
09-29-2019, 02:02 PM

I laughed

Dawg61
09-29-2019, 02:09 PM

If the entire board puts him on ignore maybe every thread will be readable again.

BrunswickDawg
09-29-2019, 02:12 PM

Happy to have set that one up for you. Top shelf.

timotheus
09-29-2019, 02:16 PM
This is the best ever and it kinda fits him. I like it

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2019, 03:01 PM

yes, but we only ran 64 plays, meaning we averaged 5.2 yards per play.

In 2017 we ran 84 plays while averaging 4.2 yards per play.

A full yard per play more is a pretty significant improvement, considering we wasted the first 2/3 drives of the game with Stevens

defiantdog
09-29-2019, 03:54 PM
yes, but we only ran 64 plays, meaning we averaged 5.2 yards per play.

In 2017 we ran 84 plays while averaging 4.2 yards per play.

A full yard per play more is a pretty significant improvement, considering we wasted the first 2/3 drives of the game with Stevens
We?ll waste more plays this year with Stevens. He was scared last night..... no way to sugar coat it. He?s not SEC built.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2019, 03:59 PM
We?ll waste more plays this year with Stevens. He was scared last night..... no way to sugar coat it. He?s not SEC built.

I think he's done unless Shrader needs relief

yjnkdawg
09-29-2019, 04:04 PM
Dammit 7 ... while I agree with your post I also agree with Brunswick. Now look what you did *****

Maybe there will be a FDA recall on Shotgun's Sloppy Joe Sandwich Sauce, and he will have to remove it. :cool:

yjnkdawg
09-29-2019, 04:07 PM

I was going to post something similar, and then I saw this . My sentiments exactly.