PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead post game

MetEdDawg
09-29-2019, 06:36 AM
Notes from what I saw:

1) He was obviously pissed. I know I know. He should be. But you could tell he's fired up. Not deflated, but pissed. I would rather him be that than deflated.

2) Said there are young guys playing really well and they are going to use this bye week to evaluate personnel and see if changes need to be made

3) Said the personal foul on him all he did was ask the ref why. Said he didn't say anything personally to the ref but that he asked the question the way it deserved to be asked and the ref didn't like it. Said he wondered how many other coaches in the league would have gotten that flag thrown on them.

4) Said Shrader made freshman mistakes but that they are going to evaluate the QB situation, see where Stevens is at the next 2 weeks, then make a determination going forward.

5) Said he's not getting rid of the tape from this game. Said some players did some stuff well but that they have a lot to learn from the tape and what they did wrong.

Few stupid ass questions by our reporters too but that's to be expected. This loss sucked. Hope we bounce back and make some personnel changes across the board. Morgan is not getting it done. DL rotation needs to be evaluated. Special teams has to get fixed. The offense after Stevens left was good enough to compete with Auburn on the road. But when the defense gives up 50+ it's going to look really bad.

I'll be very interested to hear what comes from our side the next 2 weeks.

basedog
09-29-2019, 06:40 AM
Notes from what I saw:

1) He was obviously pissed. I know I know. He should be. But you could tell he's fired up. Not deflated, but pissed. I would rather him be that than deflated.

2) Said there are young guys playing really well and they are going to use this bye week to evaluate personnel and see if changes need to be made

3) Said the personal foul on him all he did was ask the ref why. Said he didn't say anything personally to the ref but that he asked the question the way it deserved to be asked and the ref didn't like it. Said he wondered how many other coaches in the league would have gotten that flag thrown on them.

4) Said Shrader made freshman mistakes but that they are going to evaluate the QB situation, see where Stevens is at the next 2 weeks, then make a determination going forward.

5) Said he's not getting rid of the tape from this game. Said some players did some stuff well but that they have a lot to learn from the tape and what they did wrong.

Few stupid ass questions by our reporters too but that's to be expected. This loss sucked. Hope we bounce back and make some personnel changes across the board. Morgan is not getting it done. DL rotation needs to be evaluated. Special teams has to get fixed. The offense after Stevens left was good enough to compete with Auburn on the road. But when the defense gives up 50+ it's going to look really bad.

Good review MetEdDawg, not much one can say especially about our defense and the bone head penalties except they gotta get straighten out.

smootness
09-29-2019, 06:41 AM
He's pissed? Cool. He seems to have no idea what the problems with this team actually are. They're not personnel, they're not playcalling. They are discipline, organization, and overall gameplan.

Those things 100% fall on the head coach.

Gordon Gekko
09-29-2019, 06:43 AM

There’s nothing to evaluate. We should roll with Shrader the rest of the way and get him experience for next year.

MetEdDawg
09-29-2019, 06:48 AM
He's pissed? Cool. He seems to have no idea what the problems with this team actually are. They're not personnel, they're not playcalling. They are discipline, organization, and overall gameplan.

Those things 100% fall on the head coach.

If effort is an issue, then personnel is most certainly something that needs to be looked at. He mentioned discipline as well. Said the penalties killed us and that we can't have it and that in a small margin game against auburn those types of things put you in difficult spots.

And he pointed the finger at himself to blame as the press conference opened. So he covered everything he needed to. Go watch for yourself

Mobile Bay
09-29-2019, 06:49 AM
"I am a dumb fat faced dumpster fire of a coach", said Joe Morehead.

MetEdDawg
09-29-2019, 06:51 AM
"I am a dumb fat faced dumpster fire of a coach", said Joe Morehead.

I hope we kick your ass off this board soon. You're an awful poster that literally brings zero discussion. Just dumbass comments like this.

Someone please get rid of this troll.

smootness
09-29-2019, 06:52 AM
If effort is an issue, then personnel is most certainly something that needs to be looked at. He mentioned discipline as well. Said the penalties killed us and that we can't have it and that in a small margin game against auburn those types of things put you in difficult spots.

And he pointed the finger at himself to blame as the press conference opened. So he covered everything he needed to. Go watch for yourself

Yeah, he's said similar things since he's been here. But it's obvious at this point he either doesn't believe what he's saying or doesn't know how to fix them. Because the problems have been the same from the beginning. Mullen's teams weren't always great, but they were always disciplined. So Moorhead inherited a disciplined program and immediately turned it into one that is very much not. So I don't really care what he says, I care about the results.

The bottom line is, he has no idea how to instill discipline in a football team. Wanting to do it doesn't matter, you have to actually be able to do it. He can't.

And I never said effort was an issue.

gravedigger
09-29-2019, 06:59 AM
Notes from what I saw:

The 1st 6 minutes were ridiculous but plenty of people realize the rest of the game could go about like like it did.

The romper room crowd gonna act like infants.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2019, 07:10 AM
I love how JoMo speaks like he has it all figured out, but then you see his team play....

MetEdDawg
09-29-2019, 07:18 AM
I love how JoMo speaks like he has it all figured out, but then you see his team play....

I guess my question is what do you want him to say in a post game press conference like this?

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2019, 07:35 AM
I guess my question is what do you want him to say in a post game press conference like this?

Talk about how the performance was not acceptable & that everyone in the program needs to step it up. That's what Dabo, Saban, etc do.

msstate7
09-29-2019, 07:36 AM
Talk about how the performance was not acceptable & that everyone in the program needs to step it up. That's what Dabo, Saban, etc do.

Ben Portnoy
@bportnoy15
Moorhead says the team can?t let the ?cologne of victory drown out the stench of defeat.?

Thick
09-29-2019, 07:48 AM
How much game film do you need to figure out that our safeties are simply terrible. I literally get enraged when I see #29 on the field...hot garbage! The whole defense contributes to this shit show. No one is spared any criticism at all. The most glaring problem we have on defense is absolutely zero leadership which contributes to no discipline as well. Thank God we have an off week, so my blood pressure and anger can simmer back down to normal levels!

timotheus
09-29-2019, 07:57 AM
Joe speaks in such a level and controlled manner which gives the impression of him having some certainty of being in control. Then the game starts and it moves too fast for him. This is such a mess and he doesn't even understand or know how to explain that everyone needs to be more focused and limit mistakes. I bet he'd be a great college professor.

WinningIsRelentless
09-29-2019, 08:18 AM
Joe speaks in such a level and controlled manner which gives the impression of him having some certainty of being in control. Then the game starts and it moves too fast for him. This is such a mess and he doesn't even understand or know how to explain that everyone needs to be more focused and limit mistakes. I bet he'd be a great college professor.

Moorehead?s issue is football to him is a video game. If I call the right play for what the defense shows me I win. In a way its a look at me and how great of a play designer/caller I am. This is the very reason we have so many stupid delay of game penalties.

Lord McBuckethead
09-29-2019, 08:35 AM
Ben Portnoy
@bportnoy15
Moorhead says the team can?t let the ?cologne of victory drown out the stench of defeat.?

Stop with the 17n cliche's. Shit.

dawgday166
09-29-2019, 09:07 AM

In the famous words of Norman Dale "Dude, we've heard it in press conferences all the time, we wanna see it on th f***ing field!!!!"

Isn't that what Norman Dale said in Hoosiers.

Coach007
09-29-2019, 10:22 AM
Notes from what I saw:

I liked his presser, and I thought he got some hard questions.

dawgday166
09-29-2019, 10:26 AM
I liked his presser, and I thought he got some hard questions.

Course you did. Joe could be a serial killer and you'd still be pumping his sunshine.

Coach007
09-29-2019, 10:37 AM
Yeah, he's said similar things since he's been here. But it's obvious at this point he either doesn't believe what he's saying or doesn't know how to fix them. Because the problems have been the same from the beginning. Mullen's teams weren't always great, but they were always disciplined. So Moorhead inherited a disciplined program and immediately turned it into one that is very much not. So I don't really care what he says, I care about the results.

The bottom line is, he has no idea how to instill discipline in a football team. Wanting to do it doesn't matter, you have to actually be able to do it. He can't.

And I never said effort was an issue.

If you are speaking of penalties, that's not correct. Until this game, we were the 2nd least penalized team in the SEC and top 20 nation wide. If you are referring to knowing where the play is going ..etc, I still disagree.

An example, "Our Safeties SUCK" because of a TD pass, when it was Emerson who blew the coverage on the play he came onto the field to replace Smitherman.

Need to be more specific in what you mean.

Penalties:
Last week - 21st, 2nd in the SEC in lowest
This Week- 41st, 2nd in the SEC in lowest Averaging 5.6 now per game.

Mullen era:
2017- Ranked 56
2016- ranked 41

#1 ranking in the Nation with Dak was 42nd averaging 5.3 per game.

Coach007
09-29-2019, 10:38 AM
Course you did. Joe could be a serial killer and you'd still be pumping his sunshine.

Why lie? What's the point of you coming at me every day with BS? I'm done. Are we clear?

timotheus
09-29-2019, 10:42 AM
Moorehead?s issue is football to him is a video game. If I call the right play for what the defense shows me I win. In a way its a look at me and how great of a play designer/caller I am. This is the very reason we have so many stupid delay of game penalties.

You hit the nail on the head sir. I know high school coaches who think just as Joe does. They rely too little on what the teams actual offensive strengths are but constantly think that they can hit the big play and score on any play as they confuse the defense. The only person confused in this situation is Joe, who more than likely should have run the first play that comes to mind instead of then out thinking himself. As the butts in the seats decrease with more games which end up like this game and the $$ slows then it's only a matter of when. The SEC has and always will be too large for JoMo. Wait for the slip up against arkansas or ole miss and see.

dantheman4248
09-29-2019, 10:44 AM

+1 You must spread some rep around yadda yadda

CovertDawg
09-29-2019, 11:01 AM
The offense was fine last night. Shrader processes things very quickly and gets what Joe is trying to accomplish. I still contend most of our problems are youth and inexperience on defense. Where I will agree with the Joe skeptics is that Joe is probably too nice ....but I think this is correctable by Joe finding a right hand man that he gives the authority to chew out individuals when they miss a block or don't fight off a block. Someone who can get those crazy eyes like Todd Grantham and put the fear of God in the person he is letting have it.

TrapGame
09-29-2019, 11:18 AM
You hit the nail on the head sir. I know high school coaches who think just as Joe does. They rely too little on what the teams actual offensive strengths are but constantly think that they can hit the big play and score on any play as they confuse the defense. The only person confused in this situation is Joe, who more than likely should have run the first play that comes to mind instead of then out thinking himself. As the butts in the seats decrease with more games which end up like this game and the $$ slows then it's only a matter of when. The SEC has and always will be too large for JoMo. Wait for the slip up against arkansas or ole miss and see.

Yeah, Cohen thought Joe was P5 coaching material and his resume was light on P5 experience. Mullen learned at the side of Urban. He followed Urban's template. Joe was at PSU for two years. He needed more experience as an OC at the P5 level and more time learning from Franklin.

And after what I saw yesterday watching those games we will be in a street fight with Arkansas and ole miss.

Maroonthirteen
09-29-2019, 11:30 AM
Steven?s drives..... two 3 and outs and -12 yards of offense.

Shrader?s first drive .... 12 Plays, 75 yards, TD

QB1 is Shrader. Stevens is a sitting duck that can?t take hit. Shrader is gamer. If #6 doesn?t get the start in Knoxville..... Moorhead doesn?t have a clue.

dantheman4248
09-29-2019, 11:35 AM

QB1 is Shrader. Stevens is a sitting duck that can?t take hit. Shrader is gamer. If #6 doesn?t get the start in Knoxville..... Moorhead doesn?t have a clue.

Moorhead is the problem when Stevens is in. Same as Fitz last year but polar opposite QB. The kid isn’t that bad. The check with me, try to prove how amazing my pass game is bs with Stevens in is comically dumb.

Really Clark?
09-29-2019, 11:43 AM
If you are speaking of penalties, that's not correct. Until this game, we were the 2nd least penalized team in the SEC and top 20 nation wide. If you are referring to knowing where the play is going ..etc, I still disagree.

An example, "Our Safeties SUCK" because of a TD pass, when it was Emerson who blew the coverage on the play he came onto the field to replace Smitherman.

Penalties:

Mullen era:
2017- Ranked 56
2016- ranked 41

Not in yards per game, especially in conference. We are this year so far and last season about 10-12 yards more per game in penalties than 2016 or 2017. And nearly 20 yards worse than 2015 (and for most of Mullen’s years). We never went over 48.5 yards per game in conference under Mullen. 56.8 last year (79th nationally) and 57.5 so far this season

Coach007
09-29-2019, 11:44 AM

I knew when I saw the hit on his leg he was done. But yeah, for what ever reason, prior to that.... he was not running the ball. He just was not going to do it.

WinningIsRelentless
09-29-2019, 11:48 AM
I knew when I saw the hit on his leg he was done. But yeah, for what ever reason, prior to that.... he was not running the ball. He just was not going to do it.

Stevens is scared and doesn?t like contact period end of discussion. Joe doesn?t run him because he knows this and that screws his offense up. Stevens needs to be in street clothes signaling in plays the rest of the year.

timotheus
09-29-2019, 11:53 AM
Amen to that

Coach007
09-29-2019, 12:03 PM
Not in yards per game, especially in conference. We are this year so far and last season about 10-12 yards more per game in penalties than 2016 or 2017. And nearly 20 yards worse than 2015 (and for most of Mullen’s years). We never went over 48.5 yards per game in conference under Mullen. 56.8 last year (79th nationally) and 57.5 so far this season

Mullen in 2017/18, I was wrong. We were ranked 74th...

If we are doing it by the yards:

- Current year, 49.6
- Mullen's last year, 54.5

In going back in to the last year of Croom, we have always averaged 40 to 55ish per year.

Even if we move to yards per penalty. It's in line. Mullen's last year, 8.9 yards per penalty. The year before 9.1... First year of JoMo 8.8, this year 8.9

timotheus
09-29-2019, 12:05 PM
and at this point we may lose to both arky and ole miss with output like last night, so what's your point? Oh I know that we won the time of possession battle last night and all

Coach007
09-29-2019, 12:06 PM
Stevens is scared and doesn?t like contact period end of discussion. .

That maybe true of this year. Trying to stay healthy.

Joe doesn?t run him because he knows this

And that's not the case. The play we are talking about was a read option. He opted not to run ... Green in front of him with LB inside the DE

RiverCityDawg
09-29-2019, 12:11 PM
How much game film do you need to figure out that our safeties are simply terrible. I literally get enraged when I see #29 on the field...hot garbage! The whole defense contributes to this shit show. No one is spared any criticism at all. The most glaring problem we have on defense is absolutely zero leadership which contributes to no discipline as well. Thank God we have an off week, so my blood pressure and anger can simmer back down to normal levels!

I agree with this. Lack of leadership on D mixed with lack of talent gets what we saw last night. Rivers, Cole, Thompson and Cam are the only guys eligible that should be starting in the SEC. How did we get to a place where we can't take Morgan off the field? Is it just because of Murphy being part of tutorgate? I don't get the impression he's ready to be a difference maker. We have zero depth at safety and the starters are horrible. What about Fred Peters? Can he not play star and Cole move back? This is just one example, we have the same problem at all levels of the defense, particularly with Gay and Autry out.

We absolutely have a leadership/discipline issue, but we have major talent deficiencies as well. Shoop wasn't as great as we thought last year and he's not as bad as you would think just watching last night. It's about the players.

MoreCowbell
09-29-2019, 12:13 PM
Ben Portnoy
@bportnoy15

I’ll be honest, I watched the whole press conference and never heard him say that. I watched it only to hear that, was disappointed.

MoreCowbell
09-29-2019, 12:16 PM

Penalties:

Mullen era:
2017- Ranked 56
2016- ranked 41

Honest question for you, is there anything you have seen so far from Moorhead that you don’t like?

Coach007
09-29-2019, 12:53 PM
I agree with this. Lack of leadership on D mixed with lack of talent gets what we saw last night. Rivers, Cole, Thompson and Cam are the only guys eligible that should be starting in the SEC. How did we get to a place where we can't take Morgan off the field? Is it just because of Murphy being part of tutorgate? I don't get the impression he's ready to be a difference maker. We have zero depth at safety and the starters are horrible. What about Fred Peters? Can he not play star and Cole move back? This is just one example, we have the same problem at all levels of the defense, particularly with Gay and Autry out.

We absolutely have a leadership/discipline issue, but we have major talent deficiencies as well. Shoop wasn't as great as we thought last year and he's not as bad as you would think just watching last night. It's about the players.

This is the recruiting gaps we have been talking about. We are bringing in true freshmen to relieve Smitherman and Cam. We are too thin at LB to change to a 3-4 too. I get that the 10 only have 3 guys that would be starting (that hurts), but we have 7 others that could be needed.

KT- injured
Stevens- injured
MAyden... one of the 10.

I think Moorhead made it clear, he's going to evaluate again and somebody has to step up. To me he sounded like changes in rotation is coming.

AND the bigger challenge is fixing via recruiting and youth on the defense without that OL suffering, the RB suffering. etc.

Coach007
09-29-2019, 01:04 PM
Honest question for you, is there anything you have seen so far from Moorhead that you don’t like?

LOL! Yeah! But I'm not going to "punish" him with things that are not real, that are not on him. It's not an either or. We have way too much of that in everything we do.

I can not and will not blame him for the gaps in recruiting. He literally had 1 year to fix major problems. I feel like he did a 8 out of 10 in stepping into the Mullen class. I feel like he did a 9 out of 10 on his first class addressing long term fixes to the issues. ANd I think his trend this year is outstanding to bring in impact players. It appears he has the young guys (freshmen) here, adding JUCOs for next year.. we should see a difference next year and a pop the next in defense. What I don't want to see is an overboard on the defense to only see the offense suffer.

Now, If I had seen that recruiting was bad with what we face, then I would call it out.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-29-2019, 01:09 PM

- Current year, 49.6

In going back in to the last year of Croom, we have always averaged 40 to 55ish per year.

Even if we move to yards per penalty. It's in line. Mullen's last year, 8.9 yards per penalty. The year before 9.1... First year of JoMo 8.8, this year 8.9

I STRONGLY disagree with most of your takes but you're factually correct here. Thank you for bringing real stats here.

As you've proven, the team is not more penalized than they were under Mullen. However, I will say that it seemed like under Mullen our penalties were things like targeting, late hits, holding... basically penalties of effort/agression not checked properly. We can forgive aggression. Under Moorhead it seems like we have less of those penalties and more dumbass unsportsmanlike conduct penalties away from the ball after the play.

I could be wrong on that, but I believe that's what people are referring too when they say "undisciplined". Penalties that had nothing to do with actually helping the team win vs players trying to play hard but making honest mistakes that get flagged

Coach007
09-29-2019, 01:28 PM
I STRONGLY disagree with most of your takes but you're factually correct here. Thank you for bringing real stats here.

As you've proven, the team is not more penalized than they were under Mullen. However, I will say that it seemed like under Mullen our penalties were things like targeting, late hits, holding... basically penalties of effort/agression not checked properly. We can forgive aggression. Under Moorhead it seems like we have less of those penalties and more dumbass unsportsmanlike conduct penalties away from the ball after the play.

I could be wrong on that, but I believe that's what people are referring too when they say "undisciplined". Penalties that had nothing to do with actually helping the team win vs players trying to play hard but making honest mistakes that get flagged

In either era, they need to be better. And yes, the Gay helmet thing was horrible. The Thompson flag was bad too. That was a frustration hit. He knew it.

We have too many young guys trying to play and learn at the same time and leaves a quality we need, aggression. At the ages of 1-2 when learning to walk, we are more concerned about not falling and getting to where we wanted to be. By 3-4, we aren't thinking about falling, we are confident in being able to get where we are going and we can now get there with speed.

I think that's what we are seeing with the youth. And we should ... SHOULD ALL expect it to get better over the next 2 years. If not, he will have to go.

Really Clark?
09-29-2019, 02:40 PM

- Current year, 49.6

CONFERENCE only games is what I stated. We were better in conference games than normal games under Mullen and never above 48.5 yards per game in conference games. Mullen?s worse year is still nearly 10 yards per game better than Moorehead. Many years nearly 20 yards per game better. When you are better against your stronger opponents it shows a level of discipline and preparedness that has not been shown so far under Moorehead.

Really Clark?
09-29-2019, 02:41 PM

He was wrong as I clearly stated conference games and it’s about yards not the number of penalties

Coach007
09-29-2019, 02:47 PM
He was wrong as I clearly stated conference games and it’s about yards not the number of penalties

This is not stating ONLY conference games:

Not in yards per game, especially in conference.

That is stating by yards and it was even more so in conference play.

Really Clark?
09-29-2019, 02:49 PM
This is not stating ONLY conference games:

Not in yards per game, especially in conference.

That is stating by yards and it was even more so in conference play.

I gave the actual yards per game for conference games and when all you had to do was click on the conference only game numbers to double check. Instead you gave overall numbers like I was giving incorrect data

Coach007
09-29-2019, 02:52 PM
I gave the actual yards per game for conference games and when all you had to do was click on the conference only game numbers to double check. Instead you gave overall numbers like I was giving incorrect data

I'm sorry, I didn't see your link.

RocketDawg
09-29-2019, 05:51 PM
Notes from what I saw:

Is Joe going to be fined by the league for saying that?

RezDog7
09-29-2019, 06:00 PM

We should hire Dabo and the Saban as D Coordinator

Percho
09-29-2019, 06:17 PM
No flag on the play yet they review and kick the player out. What about the play where GS had thrown the ball danced a little and the lineman hit him and drove him into the ground. Why was that not reviewed? There isn't any consistency to the way the game is called.

msstate7
09-29-2019, 06:19 PM
No flag on the play yet they review and kick the player out. What about the play where GS had thrown the ball danced a little and the lineman hit him and drove him into the ground. Why was that not reviewed? There isn't any consistency to the way the game is called.
Targeting is reviewable; roughing the passer isn't.

Dawg61
09-29-2019, 06:37 PM
Mullen almost never got totally beat down in a loss in 9 years here. If Moorhead can just learn to keep the inevitable losses close this fan base will give him plenty of time. Winning % and statistically Moorhead & Mullen are pretty even right now. Mullen just didn't get skull17ed by Kentucky & Auburn in his first two years. We lose both those games close and nobody is hoping Joe takes the Rutgers job right now.

desotodawgz
09-29-2019, 09:36 PM
Georgia 2017, auburn 2017, ole miss at Ole Miss when they could not feed Moncrief enough and some others when we were never really in the game

Really Clark?
09-29-2019, 09:42 PM
Georgia 2017, auburn 2017, ole miss at Ole Miss when they could not feed Moncrief enough and some others when we were never really in the game

Auburn 2017 was a blow out late. It was 21-10 at the half and we turned the ball over on downs multiple times in their territory trying to score a TD and majority of the people on the board was positive with Mullen going for those 4th downs. Not the same game like last night

Commercecomet24
09-29-2019, 10:05 PM
Mullen almost never got totally beat down in a loss in 9 years here. If Moorhead can just learn to keep the inevitable losses close this fan base will give him plenty of time. Winning % and statistically Moorhead & Mullen are pretty even right now. Mullen just didn't get skull17ed by Kentucky & Auburn in his first two years. We lose both those games close and nobody is hoping Joe takes the Rutgers job right now.

Yeah he actually did 49-24 auburm
2009 Arkansas twice by 24+, 59-26 at home by LSU in 2013 and that's just a few there's
More

Dawg61
09-29-2019, 10:22 PM
I know you read the "almost never" part and that I was talking about in his first two years more specifically

Commercecomet24
09-29-2019, 10:30 PM
I know you read the "almost never" part and that I was talking about in his first two years more specifically

I do understand what you're saying but 2 of the beatdowns against arky came in 2009 and 2010 and auburn was 2009 and there were 3 other 20+ point losers and borne years. Not knocking Mullen I supported him
And loved what he did here but he had had bad moments too.

Doggie_Style
09-29-2019, 10:34 PM
Yeah he actually did 49-24 auburm
2009 Arkansas twice by 24+, 59-26 at home by LSU in 2013 and that's just a few there's
More

Sometimes the actual score doesn?t say much about the game....we were out of the game Saturday after 6 minutes of play....I can?t remember a beat down that bad ever

Commercecomet24
09-29-2019, 10:49 PM
Sometimes the actual score doesn?t say much about the game....we were out of the game Saturday after 6 minutes of play....I can?t remember a beat down that bad ever

Maybe not in the first 6 minutes but we had multiple games that were over by halftime. The Johnny manziel snow bowl game was one for example. Am could've hung 100 on us that day. I'm just saying this has happened to every coach we've ever had it's not unique to Moorhead. That 59-26 game against LSU was over by the end of the first quarter.

msstate7
09-29-2019, 10:55 PM
Maybe not in the first 6 minutes but we had multiple games that were over by halftime. The Johnny manziel snow bowl game was one for example. Am could've hung 100 on us that day. I'm just saying this has happened to every coach we've ever had it's not unique to Moorhead. That 59-26 game against LSU was over by the end of the first quarter.

There are 2 more just as bad coming up this year at home, LSU and Bama

bluelightstar
09-29-2019, 10:57 PM

I remember that game. It was a one score game in the 4th quarter but eventually NFL QB plus Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry was too much.

eta: Mullen definitely had some over-at-basically-kickoff clunkers though. Offhand, I remember 2016 Auburn, maybe 2011 Arkansas, 2016 Alabama, the We Believe Bama game, and honesty the 2015 Egg Bowl was atrocious.

Really Clark?
09-29-2019, 11:02 PM
I remember that game. It was a one score game in the 4th quarter but eventually NFL QB plus Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry was too much.

Yeah we missed a FG late in the 3rd to make it 31-29. The wheels fell off right after that with them scoring a TD and then our next drive was an INT with them with the ball at our 5

Commercecomet24
09-29-2019, 11:06 PM

eta: Mullen definitely had some over-at-basically-kickoff clunkers though. Offhand, I remember 2016 Auburn, maybe 2011 Arkansas, 2016 Alabama, the We Believe Bama game, and honesty the 2015 Egg Bowl was atrocious.

Yeah you're absolutely right about that LSU game I got that mixed up with another LSU game. I'm just trying to point out it's happened to all our coaches and it's still to early to bail on joe just yet. October should let us know. Joe may turn out like Mullen but he may turn out like rocky or somewhere in between. I want to see the season play out and how we finish.

Dawg61
09-29-2019, 11:28 PM
There are 2 more just as bad coming up this year at home, LSU and Bama

And your Braves choking in the playoffs like clockwork

Bubb Rubb
09-30-2019, 08:58 AM

- Current year, 49.6

It's not number of penalties that are the issue. It's type of penalty and when they occur. Last Saturday was our first game in a true road environment, too. You're bragging about how little we were penalized in games that were played against nobodies in front of lackluster crowds. You will defend anything.