PDA

View Full Version : We scored 100% more points with JoMo than Mullen did and against a better D

Coach007
09-28-2019, 10:44 PM
In fact, Let's get real about it.

- Our '17 defense was ranked #10 and we allowed 49 points
- Our '19 defense is ranked #57 is depleted and starting/playing a ton of freshmen.... we allowed 56 points.

- Our 2017 Offense scored a total of 10 points with a decently vet team vs the #14 ranked defense
- Our 2019 offense scored a total of 23 points with a TrFrsh QB against what looks to be a top 10 defense by the years end

Let this man coach. Give him time. Hiring a new guy is not going to make it any faster. IT's rebuilding. In the end, this is what we need to do.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2019, 10:47 PM
You're a damn joke

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2019, 10:48 PM
You're a damn joke

He is, but he does have a point

Bothrops
Auburn was on cruise from the 2nd quarter. Get real man.

dawgday166
309 yds of offense. Good team, same story.

I imagine you ain't taking into consideration a couple of things:
1) All SEC coaches hate Mullen and want to bury him. Joe good guy and is somewhat liked I think.
2) You think they may have just let up a tad when they had the game well in hand .. or do you think they were still really bringing it?

bluelightstar
09-28-2019, 10:49 PM
Stop, you’re embarrassing yourself

CadaverDawg
09-28-2019, 10:50 PM

We all knew what we had in Dan from the get go....we all know what we have in joe now. They are not the same. So no, he doesn't have a point in my mind.

BogeyGolfer

- Our '19 defense is ranked #57 is depleted and starting/playing a ton of freshmen.... we allowed 56 points.

- Our 2017 Offense scored a total of 10 points with a decently vet team vs the #14 ranked defense
- Our 2019 offense scored a total of 23 points with a TrFrsh QB against what looks to be a top 10 defense by the years end

Let this man coach. Give him time. Hiring a new guy is not going to make it any faster. IT's rebuilding. In the end, this is what we need to do.

You're worse than Jomo.....

msstate7
2017 at half: auburn 21-10
2019 at half: auburn 42-9

ShotgunDawg

This is a solid post even though I want to tell you to 17 off right now.

The best thing Moorhead has done in his entire tenure thus far is that he's brought in the best QB we've had since Dak & a long time before. You absolutely right that against what could be the best defense in the country, we should've scored 31 points. I don't disagree with that.

However, can you tell me why everything else looks like such a cluster 17? Why do we look incredibly unorganized most of the time?

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2019, 10:52 PM

if Shrader starts that game, I think we score more & obviously the missed extra point is something that doesn't count.

With eyes though, we moved the ball easier with Shrader than we ever did that year with Fitz

msstate7
09-28-2019, 10:54 PM
if Shrader starts that game, I think we score more & obviously the missed extra point is something that doesn't count.

With eyes though, we moved the ball easier with Shrader than we ever did that year with Fitz

We had 27 more yards in 2017

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2019, 10:57 PM

Again, if Shrader starts the game.

I'm trying to find a positive here man. I'm trying really hard. Should I just say we suck ass & are awful? Would you throw a counter argument at me if I just said that?

msstate7
09-28-2019, 10:59 PM

I'm trying to find a positive here man. I'm trying really hard. Should I just say we suck ass & are awful? Would you throw a counter argument at me if I just said that?

Well Mullen pulled starters too, and Moorhead left our starters out there the whole game

dawgday166
09-28-2019, 10:59 PM

No counter on "we suck and we're awful".

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2019, 11:00 PM
No counter on "we suck and we're awful".

Ok, you're right. We suck & are awful

Cooterpoot
09-28-2019, 11:00 PM

No he doesn’t

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2019, 11:01 PM
Well Mullen pulled starters too, and Moorhead left our starters out there the whole game

Ok, we suck. I do like Shrader though & think the offense will score some points so long as Joe stays out of the way & we don't become an unorganized mess

We suck though.

Do you have a counter to that?

dawgday166

Joe always does that and I hate that shit too. I thought Mullen was an arrogant ass at times but Joe ...

ShotgunDawg
No he doesn’t

You're right. We suck

msstate7
09-28-2019, 11:02 PM
Ok, we suck. I do like Shrader though & think the offense will score some points so long as Joe stays out of the way & we don't become an unorganized mess

We suck though.

Do you have a counter to that?

We certainly aren't good. We'll find out if we suck vs tenn, ark, and om.

Coach007
09-28-2019, 11:03 PM
You're a damn joke

Deal with facts. If you can't, there is an ignore button.

msstate7
09-28-2019, 11:03 PM
Joe always does that and I hate that shit too. I thought Mullen was an arrogant ass at times but Joe ...

Joe trying to get those garbage stats for 007 to brag about

dawgday166
09-28-2019, 11:05 PM
Joe trying to get those garbage stats for 007 to brag about

And he always quotes the national stats verbatim in pre/post-game PCs too. I'm always "wowed" by those.

Coach007
09-28-2019, 11:05 PM
Auburn was on cruise from the 2nd quarter. Get real man.

And never let up.

That does NOT change the fact that Mullen could only score 10 with a much better defense and his whole system in place with all of his people and players.

Moorhead, scored 23 against a better defense with a FRIGGIN TRUE FRESH QB

LET THE MAN COACH and SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!

msstate7
09-28-2019, 11:06 PM
Ben Portnoy
@bportnoy15
Moorhead says the team can?t let the ?cologne of victory drown out the stench of defeat.?

timotheus
09-28-2019, 11:06 PM
the UT, Arky and egg bowl games look to be barn burners. I have about 0% confidence that plumlee and ealy will be stopped by our D.

HancockCountyDog
09-28-2019, 11:07 PM
You're right. We suck

To be fair, we did not look good tonight.

We still have winnable games against Tenn, Ark, A&M, and The Bears.

We have to win a game that we shouldn?t at some point. So far all we have done is lose games we should win.

Coach007
309 yds of offense. Good team, same story.

I imagine you ain't taking into consideration a couple of things:
1) All SEC coaches hate Mullen and want to bury him. Joe good guy and is somewhat liked I think.
2) You think they may have just let up a tad when they had the game well in hand .. or do you think they were still really bringing it?

They were running hurry up until the last part of the 4th. They did not stop trying at any point.

timotheus
very unprepared to participate in a competition.

CadaverDawg
09-28-2019, 11:09 PM

You want facts?....

1. We are headed back to the cellar of the league because we are poorly coached, lack discipline, and play with no football IQ.

2. Joe is in over his head in this league. He may be ready to be a HC at Fordham, but not in this division. He's a coordinator.

3. Your blind loyalty to a guy that has proven nothing but to be able to underachieve, is baffling. It makes you look stupid.

There's some facts. Ignore away.

dawgday166
09-28-2019, 11:09 PM
Ben Portnoy
@bportnoy15
Moorhead says the team can?t let the ?cologne of victory drown out the stench of defeat.?

Another freakin, f***in little brilliant quip. I'm ready to go run through the wall for the man now ****

CadaverDawg
09-28-2019, 11:10 PM
LET THE MAN COACH and SUPPORT YOUR TEAM!

When's he going to start coaching?

Really Clark?
09-28-2019, 11:12 PM
They were running hurry up until the last part of the 4th. They did not stop trying at any point.

Their starters were out of the game at the start of the fourth and the ESPN staff was off the depth chart trying to name players on defense when we scored our last TD

Coach007
09-28-2019, 11:13 PM
We all knew what we had in Dan from the get go....we all know what we have in joe now. They are not the same. So no, he doesn't have a point in my mind.

Evidently you don't. One scored only 10 against a lesser defense, One scored 23 against a top defense. One is forced to play a ton of freshmen, not the other.

dawgday166
09-28-2019, 11:14 PM
Their starters were out of the game at the start of the fourth and the ESPN staff was off the depth chart trying to name players on defense when we scored our last TD

Clark ... 007 just started watching football when her husband became coach at MSU. Before that Joe didn't make enough $$ to warrant her taking the time to learn it.

BeardoMSU
09-28-2019, 11:15 PM

Look dude, telling people that disagree with you to "hit the ignore button" isn't brave. Have the guts to defend what you say with facts, not hyperbole.

Coach007
09-28-2019, 11:22 PM
This is a solid post even though I want to tell you to 17 off right now.

LOL.. I get it.

The best thing Moorhead has done in his entire tenure thus far is that he's brought in the best QB we've had since Dak & a long time before. You absolutely right that against what could be the best defense in the country, we should've scored 31 points. I don't disagree with that.

Actually 38. One to a freshman TE, dropped. And inside their 10 Shrader did too much and fumbled. And we missed some FGs.

However, can you tell me why everything else looks like such a cluster 17? Why do we look incredibly unorganized most of the time?

Yep. But let's keep in mind that we were ranked #2 in the SEC in the least amount of Penalties before tonight. Alot of that disorganization is youth. For example Emerson. When Smitherman went out and Emerson(true freshman) came in they threw a TD on the VERY play he came in on. Emerson's youth and inexperience cost Moorhead. I would say MS ST, but Ms St is not getting the blame.... Moorhead is.... even though it's simply a case of a lack of recruiting by the former staff.

As to recruiting, anybody watching can see he is well above Mullen and next year will be better and the following 2 we will excel.

bobtail bob
print the shirts

Bothrops
the UT, Arky and egg bowl games look to be barn burners. I have about 0% confidence that plumlee and ealy will be stopped by our D.

We will probably lose to Tennessee because of this facade of a defense we've unlearned and skirted.

Coach007
09-28-2019, 11:24 PM

Great, so Moorhead made adjustments and scored. Mullen did not

Great, so Grantham, with a NFL line and rotation FAILED and allowed 28 more vs Shoop with WAY less talent and FRESHMEN adjusted and only allowed 14 more.

Thanks for proving my point.

Coach007
09-28-2019, 11:27 PM

I want you all to go back to either the first run or the second one on the replay. Why did stevens hand it off for Hill to be blasted rather than keep it and go for 20 plus. There will be an angle that shows it clearly.

Not sure what's up with Stevens, but clearly his head is not ...clear.

Coach007
09-28-2019, 11:28 PM

And less points.

We left what... 20ish points from missed FG(s) and redzones with a true freshman QB

msstate7
09-28-2019, 11:29 PM
And less points.

We left what... 20ish points from missed FG(s) and redzones with a true freshman QB

Fine, it was a great performance. Damn shame we'll only get 10 of the 11 wins you predicted. You truly are a football savant

BeardoMSU
09-28-2019, 11:30 PM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HelpfulSecondhandFish-size_restricted.gif

Seriously, dude....if you want to recruit people to your cause, blind servitude and propaganda ain't the way to do it. It's OK to criticize those you respect and root for; that's how they get better.

Your method of kamikaze will only turn people away, and you're doing a great job.**

dawgday166
09-28-2019, 11:31 PM

He was making an NFL read **

Maroonthirteen
09-28-2019, 11:35 PM
I want you all to go back to either the first run or the second one on the replay. Why did stevens hand it off for Hill to be blasted rather than keep it and go for 20 plus. There will be an angle that shows it clearly.

I have watched a lot of sports over the years. Little league to college. I?ve seen many players make decisions in a reflex of self preservation. However I don?t think I?ve seen it so obviously done by a sec QB.

Really Clark?
09-28-2019, 11:37 PM

Great, so Grantham, with a NFL line and rotation FAILED and allowed 28 more vs Shoop with WAY less talent and FRESHMEN adjusted and only allowed 14 more.

Thanks for proving my point.

Games don’t play out that way. Bama did the same thing today leading 38-10 at the half. Let off the gas and put in reserves. In 2017 it was a 28-10 game starting the 4th quarter and we turned it over on down 3 times in Auburn territory trying to get a TD. They scored after turning it over on downs on their side then we threw a pick six the very next series mid way in the 4th. Totally different games and how they played out.

Coach007
09-28-2019, 11:54 PM
You want facts?....

1. We are headed back to the cellar of the league because we are poorly coached, lack discipline, and play with no football IQ.

2. Joe is in over his head in this league. He may be ready to be a HC at Fordham, but not in this division. He's a coordinator.

3. Your blind loyalty to a guy that has proven nothing but to be able to underachieve, is baffling. It makes you look stupid.

1- No we are not. Prove it. You can't. We both know it.

2- No, he isn't, he is dealing with Mullen's last 2 years of recruiting. And doing extremely well so far.

3- I have no "blind loyalty". Just see things for what they actually are.

Are you trying to tell me our defense was better this year than 2017? Yes or no will do.

Are you trying to tell me we are better more Senior on Offense than in 2017? Yes of no will do.

Coach007
09-28-2019, 11:56 PM
When's he going to start coaching?

Doing a lot more with a lot less .

How many NFL players were on that OL in 2017?
How many on the whole of the Defense in 2017?

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2019, 11:58 PM
1- No we are not. Prove it. You can't. We both know it.

2- No, he isn't, he is dealing with Mullen's last 2 years of recruiting. And doing extremely well so far.

3- I have no "blind loyalty". Just see things for what they actually are.

Are you trying to tell me our defense was better this year than 2017? Yes or no will do.

Are you trying to tell me we are better more Senior on Offense than in 2017? Yes of no will do.

How do we have a top 25 roster if Mullen's recruiting was so bad?

Coach007
09-28-2019, 11:58 PM
Clark ... 007 just started watching football when her husband became coach at MSU. Before that Joe didn't make enough $$ to warrant her taking the time to learn it.

Immature prick... simply put. Anybody that does not agree with the "collective" here is insulted with names because they can't back it up with facts? LMAO!

Coach007
09-28-2019, 11:59 PM
Look dude, telling people that disagree with you to "hit the ignore button" isn't brave. Have the guts to defend what you say with facts, not hyperbole.

Have and am. I'm simply saying if you don't want to deal with the facts, and not talk about them then as a MOD IGNORE me.

Coach007
09-29-2019, 12:00 AM
We will probably lose to Tennessee because of this facade of a defense we've unlearned and skirted.

BLame 10 players and Mullen

CadaverDawg
09-29-2019, 12:00 AM
he is dealing with Mullen's last 2 years of recruiting. And doing extremely well so far.

I knew you were a troll.

Coach007
09-29-2019, 12:02 AM
Fine, it was a great performance. Damn shame we'll only get 10 of the 11 wins you predicted. You truly are a football savant

Who said it was. It is what it is. And yep. It's a damn shame, but not NEAR the shame of the sorrow of praising being right about losing.

Coach007
09-29-2019, 12:02 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HelpfulSecondhandFish-size_restricted.gif

Seriously, dude....if you want to recruit people to your cause, blind servitude and propaganda ain't the way to do it. It's OK to criticize those you respect and root for; that's how they get better.

Your method of kamikaze will only turn people away, and you're doing a great job.**

I am criticizing. Just where it needs to be.

Coach007
09-29-2019, 12:03 AM
He was making an NFL read **

LOL! Nope. Either a bad read or scared to pull and run. That was wide open.

dawgday166
09-29-2019, 12:04 AM
Immature prick... simply put. Anybody that does not agree with the "collective" here is insulted with names because they can't back it up with facts? LMAO!

I'm just trying to get you to quit acting like a blonde cheerleader without a brain in her head who is sleeping with Joe.

Guess that ain't gonna happen tho ****

Coach007
09-29-2019, 12:07 AM
I have watched a lot of sports over the years. Little league to college. I?ve seen many players make decisions in a reflex of self preservation. However I don?t think I?ve seen it so obviously done by a sec QB.

Yeah... You don't expect that for a guy that is a grad sr. The whole left side was wide open.... the LBs were inside. I knew then he needed help. Either a designed run or fast passes to build confidence. If not... pull him.

Coach007
09-29-2019, 12:09 AM
Games don’t play out that way. Bama did the same thing today leading 38-10 at the half. Let off the gas and put in reserves. In 2017 it was a 28-10 game starting the 4th quarter and we turned it over on down 3 times in Auburn territory trying to get a TD. They scored after turning it over on downs on their side then we threw a pick six the very next series mid way in the 4th. Totally different games and how they played out.

DId Mullen score more than 10? We turned it over today, but we scored over 2xs that amount.

DO we have the defense this year we did in 2017?

msstate7
09-29-2019, 12:11 AM
DId Mullen score more than 10? We turned it over today, but we scored over 2xs that amount.

The good news is since apparently Moorhead is better than Mullen, someone will come a calling for joe this year.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2019, 12:12 AM

https://i0.wp.com/metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/gettyimages-113493498.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C360&ssl=1

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/fORuLkcWjtNGa2XMFpQ78pHdgPI=/0x0:900x500/1200x800/filters:focal(378x237:522x381)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/58251699/Latest_Propaganda_1.0.png

Coach007
09-29-2019, 12:13 AM
How do we have a top 25 roster if Mullen's recruiting was so bad?

Name me the Sophomore DTs. Name me the Jr DTs. Name me the SR DTs. I can have a top 10 class in the nation and not recruit a single defensive player.

He left gaps, and this staff is dealing with it.

msu15
09-29-2019, 12:17 AM
https://i0.wp.com/metro.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/gettyimages-113493498.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C360&ssl=1

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/fORuLkcWjtNGa2XMFpQ78pHdgPI=/0x0:900x500/1200x800/filters:focal(378x237:522x381)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/58251699/Latest_Propaganda_1.0.png

I have to spread more rep around

Really Clark?
09-29-2019, 12:18 AM

Irrelevant. Different games and played out differently. We turned the ball over then as well, including a pick 6. You can keep with the absurdity but these 2 games were completely different and played out differently. Not close to a true comparison

Coach007
09-29-2019, 12:19 AM
I'm just trying to get you to quit acting like a blonde cheerleader without a brain in her head who is sleeping with Joe.

ANd I'm just trying to get you to stop acting like a jerk and have a rational conversation.. I guess that ain't happening either.

It is 100% possible to say that recruiting by the last staff (which btw was criticized heavily here) is effecting the CURRENT staff and year.

Just like it is 100% ok to say "why did we pass it on 3rd and 2" with a current staff.

But with the "Collective" it's either 100% FIRE HIS ARSE NOW!!!!!! or FIRE HIS ARES NOW!!!!!" There is no other way or any rationale. If there was rationale, we would all know that this staff did way better with what they have vs 2017.

Coach007
09-29-2019, 12:24 AM
Irrelevant. Different games and played out differently. We turned the ball over then as well, including a pick 6. You can keep with the absurdity but these 2 games were completely different and played out differently. Not close to a true comparison

True

1- One had a TON of NFL talent on it. One remains to be seen. ANd you know how to look those up.

2- One had a SR OL going against freshmen on the DL

3- One had no mass suspensions...... one had 10.

4- one had a tested QB, the other had a true freshman.

etc etc..

Absurd indeed

dawgday166
09-29-2019, 12:25 AM
ANd I'm just trying to get you to stop acting like a jerk and have a rational conversation..

Rational ... SMDH.

Dawgtini
09-29-2019, 12:34 AM

Bravo. I concur.

Coach007
09-29-2019, 12:39 AM
Rational ... SMDH.

Yes.. rational. It's a great thing to use.

I love it. "There is NO way we win this game." We lose.... "DAMN MOORHEAD FIRE HIS ARSE NOW!!!"

No rationale.

SO let's have that rational talk.

1- Did the 2017 defense have more seasoned talent and did it have more talent on it? yes or no will do.

2- Did our 2017 offense have more seasoned talent than now? Yes or no?

This is not hard.

3- Did the 2017 team have mass suspensions?

You don't want to have the conversation. Why?

Dawgtini
09-29-2019, 12:39 AM
You want facts?....

Umm ... those are like your opinion man. No facts to be found

Dawgtini
09-29-2019, 12:44 AM

Man I saw that too and was livid. Shrader didn?t make those type of missed reads for the most part but he did keep it a couple of times when Hill had a lot of green. Chock it
Up to one shying from contact and the other being young.

Really Clark?
09-29-2019, 08:27 AM
True

1- One had a TON of NFL talent on it. One remains to be seen. ANd you know how to look those up.

2- One had a SR OL going against freshmen on the DL

3- One had no mass suspensions...... one had 10.

4- one had a tested QB, the other had a true freshman.

etc etc..

Absurd indeed

All of that is changing your original point. You have been trying to extrapolate that we played better today than in 2017. It’s a false narrative. So yes it’s absurd that you adjust arguments and shift excuses to fit your narrative. Two different games and played out differently.

Cooterpoot
09-29-2019, 08:34 AM
This dumb 17ing argument is like saying Croom was better than Mullen because he beat AL. Dumb as hell.

Doggie_Style
09-29-2019, 08:59 AM
Name me the Sophomore DTs. Name me the Jr DTs. Name me the SR DTs. I can have a top 10 class in the nation and not recruit a single defensive player.

He left gaps, and this staff is dealing with it.

How did they deal with it for this season? By signing an ineligible DT from the portal....lol

dawgday166
09-29-2019, 09:02 AM
This dumb 17ing argument is like saying Croom was better than Mullen because he beat AL. Dumb as hell.

Now THAT is a rational argument against 007's irrational comparisons.

Coursesuper
09-29-2019, 09:09 AM

This quote along with others in this thread and the beginning of this nonsense further proves you are completely blinded by your emotion and you have very very little knowledge of football. Auburn could have named the score they backed off.

MrKotter
09-29-2019, 09:11 AM
You're a damn joke
True but you can lump yourself into the joke category as well.

State82
09-29-2019, 09:16 AM

You said it. This whole thread is ignorant, stupid and irrelevant with respect to this whole shit show in which we find ourselves today. WTF does 2017 have to do with anything regarding our present situation and our situation moving forward?

Homedawg
09-29-2019, 09:20 AM
BLame 10 players and Mullen

WhTs gonna be th w excuse when we take another step back next year. We lose a ton. Just asking. Thought you can start finding excuses. I know the first it's Mullen. What's the second?

msstate7
09-29-2019, 09:21 AM
WhTs gonna be th w excuse when we take another step back next year. We lose a ton. Just asking. Thought you can start finding excuses. I know the first it's Mullen. What's the second?

Well one thing is for certain, joe will never be blamed. Half our fanbase thinks he walks on water

Coursesuper
09-29-2019, 09:28 AM
You said it. This whole thread is ignorant, stupid and irrelevant with respect to this whole shit show in which we find ourselves today. WTF does 2017 have to do with anything regarding our present situation and our situation moving forward?

Only relevant to those trying to rationalize an ass whipping.

BhamDawg205
09-29-2019, 10:24 AM
Lol... needed that

BhamDawg205
09-29-2019, 10:34 AM

Stop you killing me

Coach007
09-29-2019, 10:41 AM

We have not taken a step backwards this year. Our offense is better. We were left with gaps in recruiting amplified by suspensions. It is what it is.

msstate7
09-29-2019, 10:48 AM
We have not taken a step backwards this year. Our offense is better. We were left with gaps in recruiting amplified by suspensions. It is what it is.

We're 10th in sec in total offense; we were 9th last year

dantheman4248
09-29-2019, 10:49 AM
Why is there 5 pages engaging this idiot. He’s not rational. Ignore him.

cheewgumm
09-29-2019, 10:51 AM
The excuse will be ?it?s ******* fault for not recruiting right?

Yet Mullen gets no credit for loading our team with tons of NFL talent that we took to 8-5 with a season ending thud of a loss to IowA.

Coach007
09-29-2019, 10:56 AM
The excuse will be ?it?s ******* fault for not recruiting right?

Yet Mullen gets no credit for loading our team with tons of NFL talent that we took to 8-5 with a season ending thud of a loss to IowA.

Mullen get's all the credit for the talent we had. Just as he does for what we don't have. It's not either or.

Coach007
09-29-2019, 11:00 AM
Why is there 5 pages engaging this idiot. He’s not rational. Ignore him.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia0.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fl0HlFG Wh0oulcTw2s%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1