PDA

View Full Version : Quick to Forget 2017...

Charlie_Sheen420
09-28-2019, 10:05 PM
Tonight was one of the worst games I?ve ever seen, it was over in the first 6 minutes. If there?s any silver lining though let?s not be quick to forget in 2017 with Mullen, with a fairly stacked roster, State got blown off the field in the first half of both Georgia and Auburn in consecutive games, and that team then rebounded. If this team can regroup, then maybe a bowl game is possible, we shall see. Jomo has got to change though, the lack of discipline and prep is all on him, and it?s not improving. It?s unbelievable how unorganized and ill prepared this team looked tonight, and it?s a recurring theme. Just to add, at this point the team needs to just ride with Schrader all the way, let him get experience and growing pains and see what happens, Stevens is just too injury prone and at this point the rest of the season should be to develop for the future.

BeardoMSU
09-28-2019, 10:09 PM
I noted the Auburn loss in a previous thread, the Georgia game is also pertinent. We're worse than that '17 team, and Joe looks lost, but there are plenty of people who've gone full blown revisionist history regarding Dan Mullen and where they think we should be as a program.

dawgday166
09-28-2019, 10:09 PM
I remember 2017. We got a horrendous inadvertent whistle which cost us a defensive touchdown return, went into locker room at half down about 14 with having just scored I believe. Then lost it in 2nd half and it snowballed on us. Our whole team was nothing but Jrs practically and they were a mix of Jr and Sr, won SECW, beat Ga head-to-head, and beat Bama.

We lost that year to SECW Champs, SEC Champ, and National Champ. If Fitz doesn't break ankle end up with 10 wins and bring most everyone back for another year. Ahhhh .. it's not quite the same thing I'm thinking.

msstate7
09-28-2019, 10:11 PM
I remember 2017. We got a horrendous inadvertent whistle which cost us a defensive touchdown return, went into locker room at half down about 14 with having just scored I believe. Then lost it in 2nd half and it snowballed on us. Our whole team was nothing but Jrs practically and they were a mix of Jr and Sr, won SECW, beat Ga head-to-head, and beat Bama.

We lost that year to SECW Champs, SEC Champ, and National Champ. If Fitz doesn't break ankle end up with 10 wins and bring most everyone back for another year. Ahhhh .. it's not quite the same thing I'm thinking.

We lost our LT too, and eiland had to play his first snaps at auburn

Coach007
09-28-2019, 10:12 PM

We got a ton of early penalties that killed us. Stevens never looked settled. Was glad Shrader came in

Coach007
09-28-2019, 10:13 PM
We lost our LT too, and eiland had to play his first snaps at auburn

Yeah, and we are without 10 guys now and in a rebuild year. Are we really trying to compare the two?

Maroonthirteen
09-28-2019, 10:14 PM
I swear..... if Shrader doesn’t start and take every snap possible.....

That’s the biggest thing we learned tonight to improve on..... Shrader is the QB. Other dude.... your services are no
Longer needed.

msstate7
09-28-2019, 10:15 PM
Yeah, and we are without 10 guys now and in a rebuild year. Are we really trying to compare the two?

So you think 10 wins now that 11 is out? You really should delete your user name and start over

MetEdDawg

And that was Mullen in year 9. Moorhead in year 2. And this team isn't anywhere near as good as that team in 2017 was.

Todd4State
Well, first of all Shrader is clearly the guy going forward and that's going to help.

And I can tell you from what limited insider info I have our team has had the Tennessee game circled on the calendar for awhile. I expecting a markedly better performance and some of the tutor gate guys to be back as well.

dawgday166
We got a ton of early penalties that killed us. Stevens never looked settled. Was glad Shrader came in

I saw that Steven's was a marshmellow against USM. Knew it would be so. The early penalties are normal for Joe's teams.

Pollodawg
09-28-2019, 10:17 PM
Well, first of all Shrader is clearly the guy going forward and that's going to help.

And I can tell you from what limited insider info I have our team has had the Tennessee game circled on the calendar for awhile. I expecting a markedly better performance and some of the tutor gate guys to be back as well.

Not saying you’re wrong, but why circle UT?

msstate7
09-28-2019, 10:18 PM
And that was Mullen in year 9. Moorhead in year 2. And this team isn't anywhere near as good as that team in 2017 was.

Well this coach isn't near as good as that coach either. Moorhead road games vs teams with a pulse now... opponents 127 state 36

Todd4State
09-28-2019, 10:19 PM
Not saying you’re wrong, but why circle UT?

That's what a player on the team told me. He didn't specify why. Could have to do with them firing Shoop. Could be just because we have some players from Tennessee and rarely play them.

dawgday166

I forgot to add "NO EXCUSES" ... "WE STREET FIGHTERS."

Todd4State
Well this coach isn't near as good as that coach either. Moorhead road games vs teams with a pulse now... opponents 127 state 36

"teams with a pulse"- surely that's objective.**

msstate7
09-28-2019, 10:20 PM
"teams with a pulse"- surely that's objective.**

What team would you like to add?

I seen it dawg
09-28-2019, 10:20 PM
**** mullen

Cooterpoot
09-28-2019, 10:23 PM
Mullen checked out after 2015.

Coursesuper
09-28-2019, 10:24 PM
Again, Mississippi State hadn't given up 42 points in the first half since 1971. 1971. And Auburn could have scored at will if they wanted to, they backed early in the 4th. The only thing like the game in 17 is it was played at Auburn.

MetEdDawg
09-28-2019, 10:25 PM

I don't disagree. But let's not act like he's doing things that haven't been done in our program's history as far as losses go. Mullen got his ass kicked repeatedly by teams with a pulse. Why would you expect a less talented MSU team against a more talented Auburn team playing at home for this not to be a possible outcome?

We all hoped we would keep it close. But if you didn't think a butt whipping wasn't a possible outcome then that's just ignorant. This team wasn't good enough to walk into Jordan Hare and win tonight. It never was. And people said that multiple times. Joe did not prepare this team well. But if you can't see the talent gap then I can't help you.

We plain and simple don't have the horses to run with Auburn. There isn't one position on the field where you could convince me we are better except maybe RB.

Charlie_Sheen420
09-28-2019, 10:31 PM
I’m not comparing the two teams, the 2017 team is much better than this team. I’m just comparing the situation. That team was much better and still got blown out twice in the first half in consecutive weeks and found a way to rebound. I’m hoping this team can do the same and at least get bowl eligible, but that is yet to be determined. We shall soon find out if Jomo can pick up the pieces and put something together to salvage the season or if it just goes to hell...he has to step up as a coach

Todd4State
09-28-2019, 10:36 PM
What team would you like to add?

Here's a stat- we scored as many on Auburn on the road this year as we did last year. On the road. And more on Kentucky this year.

That's what I would like to "add".

Shit like this is why I make threads that get locked.

msstate7
09-28-2019, 10:39 PM
Here's a stat- we scored as many on Auburn on the road this year as we did last year. On the road. And more on Kentucky this year.

That's what I would like to "add".

Shit like this is why I make threads that get locked.

Well damn, joe should get a raise, a big raise. That's one hell of a point... unfortunately. Auburn had 42 AT THE HALF

dawgday166
09-28-2019, 10:41 PM
Well damn, joe should get a raise, a big raise. That's one hell of a point... unfortunately. Auburn had 42 AT THE HALF

Joe's good dude

msstate7
09-28-2019, 10:42 PM
Joe's good dude

Clearly an upgrade

timotheus
09-28-2019, 10:54 PM
folks, this experiment has to be over. cohen walks around all smiley faced as if he's done something great. this is what msu has to now expect each time we face an opponent of this caliber. He had no F'n clue what play he wanted to run prior to the KO. I thought guru's scripted the plays in advance. When the $$ starts to decrease, Cohen will get the message. This guy needs to go to Milsaps and coach against some folks who ain't ready either.

Bothrops
09-28-2019, 11:02 PM
Auburn could have damn near scored 100 points tonight. All they would need to do is throw downfield to the one's that were upright and not blowing rape whistles. We can't cover a drain in the sink. These units have been neglected and can't perform normal assignments.