PDA

View Full Version : So you are Cohen, what do you say to Jo after this?

R2Dawg
09-28-2019, 09:07 PM
I'm not really sure. That is why the AD makes the big bucks. Cohen got a mess on his hands.

Saltydog
09-28-2019, 09:08 PM
At this point you don't say shit. Hell, he's Cohen's guy. He created this shit so he's got blood on his hands too.

ScottH
09-28-2019, 09:08 PM
He'll call Loafers or the furniture guy for instructions. He's in over his head.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-28-2019, 09:11 PM
You tell him "Don't worry about being fired, just keep doing what you think is best for this program. Don't be afraid to, shall we say, "reevaluate" the performance of some assistants in the offseason"

There's nothing else you can do. Can't fire him after 2 years, can't micromanage his program, can't fix the assistant coaching hires till after the season

Cooterpoot
09-28-2019, 09:13 PM
Fire the S&C coach, DL coach, LB coach and hire an OC.

Saltydog
09-28-2019, 09:16 PM
S&C coach has to be first. People complaining about the tackling, well some of that is sheer lack of strength.

vv83
09-28-2019, 09:18 PM
Tell him he needs to hire an OC and learn to be a head coach and not a coordinator

shoeless joe
09-28-2019, 09:19 PM
Cohen deserves criticism for this hire. As far as the program is concerned he CAN afford to give him another year but if I’m Cohen I tell jomo that his program has embarrassed the university numerous times over the past year plus and that is not acceptable. His team is regularly ill prepared and undisciplined and if things don’t change on that front from this point forward his job status will be re evaluated after this season.

R2Dawg
09-28-2019, 09:21 PM
Tell him he needs to hire an OC and learn to be a head coach and not a coordinator

I agree with this; that is part of Jo's problem. He doesn't want to be a real head coach. He is still playing OC and not doing a good job of that either.

BayouDawg
09-28-2019, 09:22 PM
Whos meeting with Cohen though? That should be the question.

FriarsPoint
09-28-2019, 09:23 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^

Mobile Bay
09-28-2019, 09:29 PM
You are fired. Get your own ride back home.

CJDAWG85
09-28-2019, 09:30 PM
**** them all. They both are gutless bitches

Homedawg
09-28-2019, 09:30 PM

As I said in a thread before, if he doesn't step down, he has no way to fire anyone. He's the worst. His offense has been bad. Don't know if dl coach is good or bad. He's playinf w guys that have no reason to be on the field. Lb coac is a great recruiter. Only has one sec lb on the roster wo gay. Not talking about fr.

Coursesuper
09-28-2019, 09:32 PM

Right now, tonight there are those he really doesn't want to hear from. I hope that some of those calls are made.

Coursesuper
09-28-2019, 09:33 PM

Right now, tonight there are those he really doesn't want to hear from. I hope that some of those calls are made.

shoeless joe
09-28-2019, 09:40 PM

I agree Cohen deserves to get roasted about getting fooled by jomo but DAMN...did he drop an F bomb on your kid as he cut him off the baseball team??? I guess it coulda been the son of your source that keeps feeding you all this “inside info”

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-28-2019, 09:40 PM
As I said in a thread before, if he doesn't step down, he has no way to fire anyone. He's the worst. His offense has been bad. Don't know if dl coach is good or bad. He's playinf w guys that have no reason to be on the field. Lb coac is a great recruiter. Only has one sec lb on the roster wo gay. Not talking about fr.

Agree with you about Marve, but Deke Adams is horrible. 1) SC and Memphis fans said he sucked, 2) Rivers, Kobe Jones, Spencer, Fletcher Adams.... have any of these proven guys done anything? Rivers has made a few plays but not like last year. The others (who have made plays for us in the past) have been ghosts. That's regression

Homedawg
09-28-2019, 09:43 PM
He'll call Loafers or the furniture guy for instructions. He's in over his head.

Better hope he calls the furniture guy. Cause they have checks to pay this off.....

Lord McBuckethead
09-28-2019, 09:43 PM
Nothing. Shit happens. Our players were not performing on any level. That is on the coaching staff at some level, but our defense actively dodged being physical at every level.

Now Moorhead didn't have our offense ready to compete. Matter of fact, the 1st 14 plays from scrimmage, we 17ed up. That is on Moorhead. Other than that.....we embarrassed ourselves by not playing up to a bearable level.

Homedawg
09-28-2019, 09:45 PM
Agree with you about Marve, but Deke Adams is horrible. 1) SC and Memphis fans said he sucked, 2) Rivers, Kobe Jones, Spencer, Fletcher Adams.... have any of these proven guys done anything? Rivers has made a few plays but not like last year. The others (who have made plays for us in the past) have been ghosts. That's regression

They were lined up w Simmons and opposite of sweat. It ain't hard to see why they aren't the same guys. No more one on one every single play. Don't know if deke is good or not. But I'll withhold judgment

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2019, 09:47 PM
They were lined up w Simmons and opposite of sweat. It ain't hard to see why they aren't the same guys. No more one on one every single play. Don't know if deke is good or not. But I'll withhold judgment

But that's 4 4 star players are that aren't doing anything. That's an issue

Coursesuper
09-28-2019, 09:48 PM
I agree Cohen deserves to get roasted about getting fooled by jomo but DAMN...did he drop an F bomb on your kid as he cut him off the baseball team??? I guess it coulda been the son of your source that keeps feeding you all this “inside info”

You really have no idea how he got the job, you really don't know shit about him except from what you've been told by friendly media. Just be glad you don't.

Dawgology
We got a delay of game before the game even started. JoMo has to go.

bluelightstar
Everybody who had been around Adams said he was a bad coach. They were right

Coach007
09-28-2019, 09:49 PM
I'm not really sure. That is why the AD makes the big bucks. Cohen got a mess on his hands.

You say what needs to be said.

1- What's the plan?

2- Are we on schedule?

3- Here are the issues I see. What's your plan for those issues?

Todd4State
09-28-2019, 09:55 PM
The reality is the suspensions are going to give Joe a major pass unless he craps out or pulls a Hugh Freeze.

I think what I would do if I was Cohen:

1. Get a new strength coach- and get the best one I could and pay whatever it takes to get him.
2. This probably should be number one to be honest but I tell him to create some discipline on the field and show him examples of what is unacceptable- the personal fouls, the delays of game penalties, people lining up incorrectly, general confusion in lining up at times.
3. Move Joey Jones to analyst, Tony Hughes to ST/Nickleback coach, and hire LSU's OC Joe Brady as TE coach/AHC to help Joe call plays and maybe add some different sets with some pro style stuff like LSU does.
4. I'd take a long HARD look at quality control within the program and try to figure out how to manage all of the suspensions that we have been having. I can't think of any other SEC program that has had to deal with the crazy BS we have and I can only assume that we either don't manage it as well or the schools cover it up better somehow. I'd like to see football have it's own compliance director that focuses solely on football and has connections to that law firm that Ole Miss used in Birmingham. I think each position group needs accountability managers for the entire group to make sure that you know- their girlfriend's pets are taken care of and their driver's license is up to date.

shoeless joe
09-28-2019, 09:56 PM
You really have no idea how he got the job, you really don't know shit about him except from what you've been told by friendly media. Just be glad you don't.

I haven’t pretended to know anything...so that makes one of us. I will clarify one thing, I couldn’t tell you a single thing said by a single member of this friendly media you speak of.

I merely asked a question hoping to get clarity. Until then I will assume you were a member of the faction of the fan base that did not prefer his style of coaching and got your feelings hurt that tommy raffo didn’t replace Polk. Feel free to correct me if this isn’t accurate

KOdawg1
09-28-2019, 09:58 PM

You don't fire Marve. He's a star in the making. Not his fault Leo was/is overrated.

Agree about the others though

dawgday166
09-28-2019, 09:58 PM

You know .. I don't think I've ever seen a team get a delay of game just prior to running the 1st play after an opening kickoff. That's just unfathomable to me.

Todd4State
09-28-2019, 09:59 PM

Here's the issue I see with that- I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens again just with a different name because I don't know how MSU is going to work around the same people that are still around. You ready for Rhett Hobart as our AD?** I kid- but you know damn well that group of people will try to keep certain MSU people comfortable in their positions.

It's not a coincidence that the gameday experience is basically unchanged since Cohen became AD.

FriarsPoint
09-28-2019, 10:00 PM
The reality is the suspensions are going to give Joe a major pass unless he craps out .

I think that’s a given at this point.

Todd4State
09-28-2019, 10:01 PM
I haven’t pretended to know anything...so that makes one of us. I will clarify one thing, I couldn’t tell you a single thing said by a single member of this friendly media you speak of.

I merely asked a question hoping to get clarity. Until then I will assume you were a member of the faction of the fan base that did not prefer his style of coaching and got your feelings hurt that tommy raffo didn’t replace Polk. Feel free to correct me if this isn’t accurate

The REALLY funny thing about Cohen to me is how all of those people that were against him as baseball coach are now all for him as AD a fans.

I seen it dawg
09-28-2019, 10:02 PM
Fire brackey. Fire Hemphill. Fire Logan. Fire Thompson. Fire Bracky again.

Todd4State
09-28-2019, 10:03 PM
I think that’s a given at this point.

Yep. People can bitch about it all they want. But....

Reality is it would probably be a bad idea for us to fire a coach after two years anyway unless it was a Cannizarro deal. Especially if we go to bowl games.

Coursesuper
09-28-2019, 10:03 PM

It's not accurate, and I do happen to like Tommy Raffo very much he's a great guy that is very happy in Jonesboro, but all I'll say here is it's good not to know.

Todd4State
09-28-2019, 10:04 PM
Fire brackey. Fire Hemphill. Fire Logan. Fire Thompson.

Straight fire.

And in some ways some of those people have sabotaged Moorhead to a degree.

I seen it dawg
09-28-2019, 10:05 PM

Bc we lost? We got whacked but shit a few of us knew that was coming. They didn't quit like they did under mullen a few yrs ago.

Coursesuper
09-28-2019, 10:05 PM
Here's the issue I see with that- I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens again just with a different name because I don't know how MSU is going to work around the same people that are still around. You ready for Rhett Hobart as our AD?** I kid- but you know damn well that group of people will try to keep certain MSU people comfortable in their positions.

It's not a coincidence that the gameday experience is basically unchanged since Cohen became AD.

Yep.

I seen it dawg
09-28-2019, 10:06 PM
You say what needs to be said.

1- What's the plan?

2- Are we on schedule?

3- Here are the issues I see. What's your plan for those issues?

Or it's a ****ing loss by a better team. Safe ride home. Get better.

TimberBeast
09-28-2019, 10:07 PM
Bye

FriarsPoint
09-28-2019, 10:12 PM

Reality is it would probably be a bad idea for us to fire a coach after two years anyway unless it was a Cannizarro deal. Especially if we go to bowl games.

What I meant was it?s a given he?s coming up snake eyes.

Cooterpoot
You don't fire Marve. He's a star in the making. Not his fault Leo was/is overrated.

Agree about the others though

So was Moorhead. And I forgot to mention Joey freaking Jones. He needs to be fired this week.

Cooterpoot
Fire brackey. Fire Hemphill. Fire Logan. Fire Thompson. Fire Bracky again.

And this

NCDawg
09-28-2019, 10:22 PM

Yeah, that was totally absurd. What the hell?

KOdawg1
09-28-2019, 10:22 PM
So was Moorhead. And I forgot to mention Joey freaking Jones. He needs to be fired this week.

Joey Jones should have been fired weeks ago

StarkVegasSteve
09-28-2019, 10:23 PM
Cohen’s 3 Finalist for the HC:
1)Joe Moorhead
2)Jeremy Pruitt
3)Chad Morris

It may be time to start realizing Cohen doesn’t know what the 17 he is doing.

Cooterpoot
09-28-2019, 10:25 PM
1)Joe Moorhead
2)Jeremy Pruitt
3)Chad Morris

That’s not an accurate list.

BrunswickDawg
09-28-2019, 10:27 PM
1)Joe Moorhead
2)Jeremy Pruitt
3)Chad Morris

Or maybe, MSU still doesn't attract candidates beyond up and coming assistants or worn out retreads for any sport other than baseball.

I seen it dawg
Thank you

BrunswickDawg
That’s not an accurate list.

Enlighten us

msstate7
09-28-2019, 10:31 PM
Enlighten us

Let's revisit the transitive property on aTm. How do we stack up with aTm using these 1 game samples you like?

Todd4State
09-28-2019, 10:33 PM
Enlighten us

I know Brent Venables was on Cohen's list. To my understanding he did not want our job.

yjnkdawg
09-28-2019, 10:44 PM

Just delete the probably, and I think that would be accurate.

yjnkdawg
09-28-2019, 10:57 PM
1)Joe Moorhead
2)Jeremy Pruitt
3)Chad Morris

Pruitt was never offered the job, and he and/or his agent was using the media to make it look like he was a top candidate. I wasn't aware of Morris being a top choice either, but whatever.

BrunswickDawg
09-28-2019, 11:01 PM
Let's revisit the transitive property on aTm. How do we stack up with aTm using these 1 game samples you like?

Touche you Jimbo lover.

yjnkdawg
09-28-2019, 11:10 PM
The reality is the suspensions are going to give Joe a major pass unless he craps out or pulls a Hugh Freeze.

I think what I would do if I was Cohen:

1. Get a new strength coach- and get the best one I could and pay whatever it takes to get him.
2. This probably should be number one to be honest but I tell him to create some discipline on the field and show him examples of what is unacceptable- the personal fouls, the delays of game penalties, people lining up incorrectly, general confusion in lining up at times.
3. Move Joey Jones to analyst, Tony Hughes to ST/Nickleback coach, and hire LSU's OC Joe Brady as TE coach/AHC to help Joe call plays and maybe add some different sets with some pro style stuff like LSU does.
4. I'd take a long HARD look at quality control within the program and try to figure out how to manage all of the suspensions that we have been having. I can't think of any other SEC program that has had to deal with the crazy BS we have and I can only assume that we either don't manage it as well or the schools cover it up better somehow. I'd like to see football have it's own compliance director that focuses solely on football and has connections to that law firm that Ole Miss used in Birmingham. I think each position group needs accountability managers for the entire group to make sure that you know- their girlfriend's pets are taken care of and their driver's license is up to date.

And if you were Cohen, then you would be micromanaging the football program, and I have never seen anybody who is micromanaged liking it. No football head coach would either. I agree that there needs to be some changes, but that's up to and the responsibility of the HC. If he can't see that some changes need to be made,, then that is a major problem. I don't think Brady will leave LSU, unless he decides to go back to the NFL, or further on down the road as a HC somewhere. It is slim to none that he would leave LSU to come here.

timotheus
09-28-2019, 11:12 PM
so msu is screwed then cuz moorhead can't evaluate his players much less his assistant coaches

Lord McBuckethead
09-29-2019, 12:24 AM
We have done it before. Last year I know we did. I think southern miss did this year also. The clock starts the second the kick is downed. It is stupid. The 25 second clock should start when the players get on the field and the ref whistles the game clock after the ball is placed.

Todd4State
09-29-2019, 01:22 AM
And if you were Cohen, then you would be micromanaging the football program, and I have never seen anybody who is micromanaged liking it. No football head coach would either. I agree that there needs to be some changes, but that's up to and the responsibility of the HC. If he can't see that some changes need to be made,, then that is a major problem. I don't think Brady will leave LSU, unless he decides to go back to the NFL, or further on down the road as a HC somewhere. It is slim to none that he would leave LSU to come here.

I could see where it would look that way. I would definitely make those changes in conjunction with Joe and probably should have worded my post better by saying "this is what I would do if I was Joe/Cohen" because both have responsibilities here.

I would imagine that both see a lot of the same issues.

Coach007
09-29-2019, 01:34 AM
Or it's a ****ing loss by a better team. Safe ride home. Get better.

Agreed.

Dawgtini
09-29-2019, 07:55 AM
Bc we lost? We got whacked but shit a few of us knew that was coming. They didn't quit like they did under mullen a few yrs ago.
+1