PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the line has moved to AU -8 on some sites.

DancingRabbit
09-28-2019, 12:07 PM
Not a gambler, so not sure what it means, if anything.

TrapGame
09-28-2019, 12:09 PM
They're watching the A&M game right now.***

DancingRabbit
09-28-2019, 12:10 PM
They're watching the A&M game right now.***

LOL, didn't think about that.

ShotgunDawg
09-28-2019, 12:10 PM
It means the late smart money is coming in on MSU's side, which makes sense due to the handicappers saying all week that Auburn wins but MSU covers.

Todd4State
09-28-2019, 12:29 PM
Stevens starting?

RougeDawg
09-28-2019, 12:32 PM
After digging into more detailed statistics this morning about who Auburn, Oregon and A&M have played, -3 to 5 seems more realistic. I?d say push or State -2 on a neutral site.

I?ll add in a little tidbit about something no one has mentioned this week regarding their opinions in us getting blown out. KState currently has the #8 total defense in the nation. Every stat I?ve looked at this morning does not tell the story that many on here all week have been telling about us not having a chance.

Commercecomet24
09-28-2019, 12:36 PM
After digging into more detailed statistics this morning about who Auburn, Oregon and A&M have played, -3 to 5 seems more realistic. I?d say push or State -2 on a neutral site.

I?ll add in a little tidbit about something no one has mentioned this week regarding their opinions in us getting blown out. KState currently has the #8 total defense in the nation. Every stat I?ve looked at this morning does not tell the story that many on here all week have been telling about us not having a chance.

Good stuff Rouge!

TrapGame
09-28-2019, 12:37 PM
Stevens starting?

Rosie said it's a game time decision based on warmups. Stevens is supposed to be good to go but it's Joe's decision.

RougeDawg
09-28-2019, 12:41 PM
Good stuff Rouge!

Thanks. Was up early for work and finally had some free time to dig into the numbers.

Auburn?s vaunted running game has gone against some putrid defenses too. Think Kent State is around 118 in rushing defense. We have a good chance to win this game. After reading all the shit here all week I thought I would have found much different stats when I started looking. Given we are in the 50-60?s in total and rush defense, the numbers do not tell me this game will be anything other than a cat/dog fight. Win the turnover battle and win the game.

DancingRabbit
09-28-2019, 12:45 PM
Thanks. Was up early for work and finally had some free time to dig into the numbers.

Auburn?s vaunted running game has gone against some putrid defenses too. Think Kent State is around 118 in rushing defense. We have a good chance to win this game. After reading all the shit here all week I thought I would have found much different stats when I started looking. Given we are in the 50-60?s in total and rush defense, the numbers do not tell me this game will be anything other than a cat/dog fight. Win the turnover battle and win the game.

I think +2 could do the trick for us.

R2Dawg
09-28-2019, 12:51 PM
I think +2 could do the trick for us.

We have longest game TO streak in the nation at 20 games in a row with a forced TO. Looking for 21 today and take care of football.

Commercecomet24
09-28-2019, 01:25 PM

Yeah I'm with ya on this.

Rex54
09-28-2019, 02:08 PM
Auburn covers. We won’t be able to stop the run and will get burnt over the top.

If we cover it will be due to WR play and I haven’t seen anything to suggest that will pan out.

Cloak
09-28-2019, 03:02 PM
8.5 right now on mybookie

dantheman4248
09-28-2019, 03:12 PM
Auburn covers. We won’t be able to stop the run and will get burnt over the top.

If we cover it will be due to WR play and I haven’t seen anything to suggest that will pan out.

We’re playing Checkdown Charlie not Alabama. This take would make sense if Auburn was chucking it deep this year. They aren’t.

Commercecomet24
09-28-2019, 03:14 PM
We’re playing Checkdown Charlie not Alabama. This take would make sense if Auburn was chucking it deep this year. They aren’t.

Yep.

dantheman4248
09-28-2019, 03:16 PM
To add: Arkansas looked like a better passing team with their backup QB than Auburn.

PMDawg
09-28-2019, 03:23 PM

It's not that I think Auburn is that good. We struggle to stop the run, and that's what they do best. It's a bad matchup for us and they're at home.

Jack Lambert
09-28-2019, 03:41 PM

That guy is a bear. Ignore him.

dantheman4248
09-28-2019, 03:46 PM
That guy is a bear. Ignore him.

Good call. His limited posts do point to him being very anti-msu.

biggun
09-28-2019, 04:49 PM

They will run, run, run and then run some more. Without several Auburn fumbles, Don’t see how we will be able to stop it

RougeDawg
09-28-2019, 05:31 PM
Auburn covers. We won?t be able to stop the run and will get burnt over the top.

If we cover it will be due to WR play and I haven?t seen anything to suggest that will pan out.

Go look at the defenses auburn has played and their rushing stats for the year. Auburn wasn?t the only team to run on them. Add in the fact that auburn hasn?t been able to pass much on any of these putrid defenses and I just don?t see any blowout. They have played garbage defenses and have been one dimensional. Hopefully our coaches have watched the tape and it read this board.

RougeDawg
09-28-2019, 05:33 PM
To add: Arkansas looked like a better passing team with their backup QB than Auburn.

Hicks won the starting job preseason. Got benched for his play early in the season. Starkel looked decent when he came in but struggled last week against San Jose St.

WSOPdawg
09-28-2019, 05:57 PM
It's not that I think Auburn is that good. We struggle to stop the run, and that's what they do best. It's a bad matchup for us and they're at home.

Simple as this. I'm afraid they're going to dominate both LOS.

Rex54
09-28-2019, 06:21 PM

@dantheman4248
@rougedawg

IMissJack
09-28-2019, 06:24 PM
Looks like -8 is not enough based on early play.

dantheman4248
09-28-2019, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=Rex54;1156681]@dantheman4248

Go **** off back to nafoom.

Coach34
09-28-2019, 08:01 PM
Vegas is never wrong

Rex54
09-28-2019, 08:02 PM
Vegas is never wrong

Oh they were way wrong here. Line should have been triple.

biggun
09-28-2019, 08:04 PM
Line should have been 35. We SUCK!

Cb20476
09-28-2019, 08:05 PM
We?re playing Checkdown Charlie not Alabama. This take would make sense if Auburn was chucking it deep this year. They aren?t.

Hmmmm

Cb20476
09-28-2019, 08:06 PM
Go look at the defenses auburn has played and their rushing stats for the year. Auburn wasn?t the only team to run on them. Add in the fact that auburn hasn?t been able to pass much on any of these putrid defenses and I just don?t see any blowout. They have played garbage defenses and have been one dimensional. Hopefully our coaches have watched the tape and it read this board.

The posts on here are hilarious

dantheman4248
09-28-2019, 08:30 PM
Hmmmm

He didn’t have an impressive throw until after half. Your point?