PDA

View Full Version : Joe should not play Willie Gay against Auburn

desotodawgz
09-27-2019, 10:06 PM
Beating Auburn isn't critical to winning the west. We will have to beat Alabama or LSU or both to win the west. Auburn will lose one and maybe 2 conference games with the schedule they have.

Sure thats already been covered but didn't have time to read all 11 pages of other thread.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and is all smiles Monday

DownwardDawg
09-27-2019, 10:11 PM
Dude. Winning the west is gone. We ain’t winning the west. We need to be thinking about trying to win 8. That means beating aTm. I’m still not giving up on the LSU game either. Their defense sucks.

I seen it dawg
09-27-2019, 10:13 PM
Beating Auburn isn't critical to winning the west. We will have to beat Alabama or LSU or both to win the west. Auburn will lose one and maybe 2 conference games with the schedule they have.

Sure thats already been covered but didn't have time to read all 11 pages of other thread.

Thanks for playing

I seen it dawg
09-27-2019, 10:14 PM

Take 2 weeks off and then quit

Tbonewannabe
09-27-2019, 10:17 PM
If we even competed for the West then give Moorhead as much as it takes to stay. I am a Moorhead fan but I think most would be really happy with 8 games now. The suspensions gave us a kick to the nuts and if Stevens is hurt then it is just another kick.

Pollodawg
09-27-2019, 10:19 PM
If we even competed for the West then give Moorhead as much as it takes to stay. I am a Moorhead fan but I think most would be really happy with 8 games now. The suspensions gave us a kick to the nuts and if Stevens is hurt then it is just another kick.

At this point, finish the regular season 8-4 with another dismantling of the rednecks up north, and I’m happy.

Tbonewannabe
09-27-2019, 10:22 PM
At this point, finish the regular season 8-4 with another dismantling of the rednecks up north, and I’m happy.

I think most would be happy with that result unless we score less than 10 in our losses.

Homedawg
09-27-2019, 10:22 PM
Well he's not playing so there's that. So whichever side you were on. It's done.

Tbonewannabe
09-27-2019, 10:39 PM
Well he's not playing so there's that. So whichever side you were on. It's done.

Yep, saw on Twitter he didn't travel with the team.

Liverpooldawg
09-27-2019, 11:28 PM
Yep, saw on Twitter he didn't travel with the team.

Yeah, he was at the Starkville-South Panola game tonight.

Homedawg
09-27-2019, 11:43 PM
Yeah, he was at the Starkville-South Panola game tonight.

He was. But we will have some who won't believe it until the press release comes out tomorrow before the game. Which I guess is their right.

BhamDawg
09-28-2019, 01:11 AM

So damn stupid. He should be playing against Aub, A&M and OM. Concede LSU & Bama. We don?t need him to beat Tenn & Ark. Those three games are the swing games, we needed him in there.

yjnkdawg
09-28-2019, 07:50 AM
I still think Willie will play against LSU and probably OM. I'm not so sure now on my thinking about him playing against Bama, but I' haven't ruled that out all together. Just to clarify. these are not my recommendations, but just what I think JoeMo will do. Willie needs to control his emotions on the field in whatever games he plays, and doing his talking with his play and not his mouth. It's really a crap shoot to choose on games to play in, because you don't know till after a particular game was it the correct decision or a bad one on playing him or not playing him

MetEdDawg
09-28-2019, 09:32 AM
So damn stupid. He should be playing against Aub, A&M and OM. Concede LSU & Bama. We don?t need him to beat Tenn & Ark. Those three games are the swing games, we needed him in there.

This is really short sighted. Our goal is to win as many games as possible. Does playing everyone give us a better chance of beating Auburn? Yes. Are we still more likely to lose than win? Yes.

Moorhead is playing for 7 regular season wins and under these circumstances that's the smart move. I would agree Arkansas should be a win regardless. But traveling on the road to Tennessee is not a gimme win and you NEVER play like that in the SEC. that's how you lose.

Play them against Tennessee and OM. If we upset Auburn we reassess and determine if we play them against TAMU or Arkansas. This kind of scandal and punishment can set a university back if it's not handled properly. Play them against Auburn and TAMU and we lose we become possibilities to not make a bowl game. That CAN'T happen.

BhamDawg
09-28-2019, 12:43 PM
This is really short sighted. Our goal is to win as many games as possible. Does playing everyone give us a better chance of beating Auburn? Yes. Are we still more likely to lose than win? Yes.

Moorhead is playing for 7 regular season wins and under these circumstances that's the smart move. I would agree Arkansas should be a win regardless. But traveling on the road to Tennessee is not a gimme win and you NEVER play like that in the SEC. that's how you lose.

Play them against Tennessee and OM. If we upset Auburn we reassess and determine if we play them against TAMU or Arkansas. This kind of scandal and punishment can set a university back if it's not handled properly. Play them against Auburn and TAMU and we lose we become possibilities to not make a bowl game. That CAN'T happen.

Which one is it? Try to win as many games as possible or try and get to 7? Can?t have it both ways.

If it?s the latter, then fine, play him against Tenn & Ark and enjoy the Liberty bowl against Baylor. For me, I would rather try to go 9-3 and do something we have done once in almost 20 years, go 6-2 in the SEC. If we can?t beat this Tenn & Ark team without him, then we don?t deserve to go bowing.

Despite what the polls say, Auburn is an 8-4 team at best with a lucky win against Oregon. This is a very winnable game and he could have made the difference.

Hopefully we can pull off this win and all this is a moot point.

MetEdDawg
09-28-2019, 12:59 PM
Which one is it? Try to win as many games as possible or try and get to 7? Can?t have it both ways.

If it?s the latter, then fine, play him against Tenn & Ark and enjoy the Liberty bowl against Baylor. For me, I would rather try to go 9-3 and do something we have done once in almost 20 years, go 6-2 in the SEC. If we can?t beat this Tenn & Ark team without him, then we don?t deserve to go bowing.

Despite what the polls say, Auburn is an 8-4 team at best with a lucky win against Oregon. This is a very winnable game and he could have made the difference.

Hopefully we can pull off this win and all this is a moot point.

Here's the thing you aren't thinking about. Playing them doesn't guarantee a win. So in trying to go 9-3, which literally no one expected pre season, you could ultimately go 5-7 and miss a bowl game. And ultimately could kill any chance Moorhead has of building a winner. We played well last week, but we have no clue how that game plays out if Gay doesn't pick 6 that play to open the game. He helped guarantee a win we had to have.

He should be aiming for 7 wins, which realistically is the most we should win given our current circumstances. Any more than that is gravy. But you can't sacrifice 7 wins trying to go for 8 or 9. That's how you kill your program. Yes it would be nice to have them today. But we need them to help us guarantee wins, not try and steal wins.

We need to survive this season and not implode. Would be great to steal one. But 7-5, given what we've been dealt, is an acceptable record. And Moorhead needs to protect that 7, not try and gamble those 7 to try and get to 8. It would look really bad if we played everyone today, lost, then didn't play them in 2 weeks in Knoxville and lost.

ETA: That easy winnable Arkansas game? Yeah they have a 3rd quarter lead at home against TAMU. You don't take road SEC games for granted in this conference. None of them are easy.

MagicDawg
09-28-2019, 01:42 PM
As for me, I don't care if anyone thinks we "deserve" to go bowling based on some arbitrary hypothetical "if we can't win under X circumstances" condition. We "deserve" to go bowling if we get the necessary wins (or have the grades, thank heaven).

We need to keep the bowl streak alive. Having one of the longest bowl streaks in the nation is a good thing that we need to keep by making smart decisions. Extra practices are important. Extra TV time is important. Extra money, even a little, is important. Winning it is also important -- but the other things are good to have even if that doesn't happen. It's a recruiting boon to still be playing football when your rival(s) are not.

Anyone can have a checklist indicating which wins they think are most relevant, based on which personnel we play. Make whatever list you want. But it has literally nothing to do with whether we "deserve to go bowling."

We have the chess pieces to keep the streak going and it would be beyond foolish to squander it.

StateDawg44
09-28-2019, 03:55 PM
Here's the thing you aren't thinking about. Playing them doesn't guarantee a win. So in trying to go 9-3, which literally no one expected pre season, you could ultimately go 5-7 and miss a bowl game. And ultimately could kill any chance Moorhead has of building a winner. We played well last week, but we have no clue how that game plays out if Gay doesn't pick 6 that play to open the game. He helped guarantee a win we had to have.

He should be aiming for 7 wins, which realistically is the most we should win given our current circumstances. Any more than that is gravy. But you can't sacrifice 7 wins trying to go for 8 or 9. That's how you kill your program. Yes it would be nice to have them today. But we need them to help us guarantee wins, not try and steal wins.

We need to survive this season and not implode. Would be great to steal one. But 7-5, given what we've been dealt, is an acceptable record. And Moorhead needs to protect that 7, not try and gamble those 7 to try and get to 8. It would look really bad if we played everyone today, lost, then didn't play them in 2 weeks in Knoxville and lost.

ETA: That easy winnable Arkansas game? Yeah they have a 3rd quarter lead at home against TAMU. You don't take road SEC games for granted in this conference. None of them are easy.

That game was in Dallas so not even remotely close to a home game AND they loss. Both those teams are garbage.

Might as well toss A&M in with UT and AR for this year unless they pull themselves together.

Not saying we are sure to beat A&M by any means but I see them as a game that we can handle without willie.

I hoped Willie would play because I believe he would?ve given us a chance to hang and compete and not get embarrassed on prime time TV. Now not so much. Here?s to hoping I?m wrong.