PDA

View Full Version : Prep and Taylorsville

somebodyshotmypaw
09-27-2019, 08:51 PM
I'm watching the game. The Taylorsville offense just getting whipped physically. Late 3rd quarter and Taylorsville hasn't even crossed the Prep 30 yard line. I expected more out of the Taylorsville.

msstate7
09-27-2019, 08:54 PM
Speaking of public vs private, how good is MRA as a private school? My home town tornadoes (Philadelphia) took em down last week

somebodyshotmypaw
09-27-2019, 08:56 PM
Speaking of public vs private, how good is MRA as a private school? My home town tornadoes (Philadelphia) took em down last week

Not sure on MRA. Haven't seen them play. This is a down year for Prep. They've already lost to Heritage Academy and they struggled against Oak Forest Academy. But they are manhandling Taylorsville.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-27-2019, 09:03 PM
9 minutes left in game. Prep is up 28-0. Taylorsville offensive and defensive lines are both getting whipped.

ScottH
09-27-2019, 09:31 PM
MRA is likely the best MAIS team.

Heritage notwithstanding as no one knows much about them.

MRA is losing to the Briarcrest Fighting Freezes 28-14 in the 4th.

Todd4State
09-27-2019, 09:37 PM
Not sure on MRA. Haven't seen them play. This is a down year for Prep. They've already lost to Heritage Academy and they struggled against Oak Forest Academy. But they are manhandling Taylorsville.

Ricky Black will have them playing better and better as the year goes along.

Which appears to be the case.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-27-2019, 09:43 PM
Ricky Black will have them playing better and better as the year goes along.

Which appears to be the case.

I hadn't seen Taylorsville play before, but I expected to see something impressive. I assumed they would beat Prep, because Prep is in a transition year and I had heard all about Taylorsville and their QB. They weren't impressive at all. They absolutely could not move the ball at all. I watched about 75% of the game and Taylorsville only crossed midfield once. The score could have been worse.

Liverpooldawg
09-27-2019, 10:37 PM
Taylorsville is a small 2a school. How big is Prep?

Homedawg
09-27-2019, 10:39 PM
Taylorsville is a small 2a school. How big is Prep?

Bigger that Taylorsville by a good bit. But as someone said, this is a down year for prep.

state66
09-27-2019, 11:03 PM
How did Ty Keyes look?

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2019, 11:04 PM
Is Keys playing ?

Thought I saw a picture of him with a boot on his foot this week

Liverpooldawg
09-27-2019, 11:26 PM
Bigger that Taylorsville by a good bit. But as someone said, this is a down year for prep.

Where would they be in the MHSAA? I think I heard big 4A at one time. That's a huge step up for a 2A school.

Cooterpoot
09-27-2019, 11:30 PM
Taylorsville has a TD called back in the first half where Keyes ran for about a 60 yard TD on a zone read. Refs blew it dead because they thought the RB that got tackled had the ball. Then, the refs took away three big plays. Taylorsville got frustrated. Their team and coaches just let it get to them and they never got it back together. Keyes hit at least 4 or 5 guys in the hands for easy TDS and they dropped every one of them. Defense wore out 2nd half because they couldn’t get off the field. Taylorsville is the smallest 2A school in the state. Prep had more than double the players. Frustration got them as much as Prep. Can’t lose your cool vs a superior coached team with way more depth and resources.

Todd4State
09-27-2019, 11:38 PM
I hadn't seen Taylorsville play before, but I expected to see something impressive. I assumed they would beat Prep, because Prep is in a transition year and I had heard all about Taylorsville and their QB. They weren't impressive at all. They absolutely could not move the ball at all. I watched about 75% of the game and Taylorsville only crossed midfield once. The score could have been worse.

Prep is in a transition year but they still have a very legit chance to win it all in MAIS. No question their streak is on the line moreso than any time the last few years or so.

Where would they be in the MHSAA? I think I heard big 4A at one time. That's a huge step up for a 2A school.

Prep would be 4A to my understanding. I think in most years they would hold their own in 4A but no question they wouldn't dominate 4A like they do MAIS. They have played 5A schools some too- and have defeated Pearl before a couple of times. I'd like to see them against a 6A team to be honest. Even if it's someone like Murrah.

Pollodawg
09-27-2019, 11:41 PM
Taylorsville has a TD called back in the first half where Keyes ran for about a 60 yard TD on a zone read. Refs blew it dead because they thought the RB that got tackled had the ball. Then, the refs took away three big plays. Taylorsville got frustrated. Their team and coaches just let it get to them and they never got it back together. Keyes hit at least 4 or 5 guys in the hands for easy TDS and they dropped every one of them. Defense wore out 2nd half because they couldn’t get off the field. Taylorsville is the smallest 2A school in the state. Prep had more than double the players. Frustration got them as much as Prep. Can’t lose your cool vs a superior coached team with way more depth and resources.

I call bullshit on Taylorsville being the smallest 2A school in Mississippi. I’m an Enterprise Alum. Take that mess on somewhere.

Liverpooldawg
09-27-2019, 11:46 PM
I call bullshit on Taylorsville being the smallest 2A school in Mississippi. I’m an Enterprise Alum. Take that mess on somewhere.

He is correct. I'm a 1A guy and it was the talk of 1A that they were going to drop into 1A.

Pollodawg
09-27-2019, 11:47 PM
He is correct. I'm a 1A guy and it was the talk of 1A that they were going to drop into 1A.

Really? Dang. Apologies.

Pollodawg
09-27-2019, 11:49 PM

I won’t ever forget 07 when we beat em 42-40. They beat our ass for South State. But that was a heck of a game. If they drop to 1A, they’ll be unstoppable.

Cooterpoot
09-27-2019, 11:50 PM

They missed 1A last count by just 15 kids bud.

Pollodawg
09-27-2019, 11:54 PM
They missed 1A last count by just 15 kids bud. Trust me, they actually 4 spots from 1A.

I was unaware. I remember when Jason Campbell was there. They’ve always had talent.

Cooterpoot
09-27-2019, 11:59 PM
If they don’t drop wide ass open TDS tonight and have those bad calls first half, they beat Prep. But they fell apart when everything went against them and Prep took it from there. Prep is supremely well coached. Black is a hall of famer for a reason.

Homedawg
09-28-2019, 12:05 AM
If they don’t drop wide ass open TDS tonight and have those bad calls first half, they beat Prep easily. But they fell apart when everything went against them and Prep took it from there. Prep is supremely well coached. Black is a hall of famer for a reason.

And the final score was what???? I have no clue. But last I heard it was 28-0. Hard to see where they would have won "easily"!!!

Cooterpoot
09-28-2019, 12:17 AM
And the final score was what???? I have no clue. But last I heard it was 28-0. Hard to see where they would have won "easily"!!!

That was the final. Maybe not easily, but they had a TD called back and three dropped. That’s 28 and a much different game. Defense gets to rest and doesn’t give out 2nd half. I thought it should’ve been 21-0 Taylorsville at the half. That game would be over at that point. Prep can’t throw it and Taylorsville could’ve buried them. Momentum was lost and never regained. It was 7-0 at the half. Prep whipped them 2nd half.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-28-2019, 08:54 AM
Taylorsville also had the punter drop to a knee in the end zone to field the snap, then get up and punt. Should have been a safety and two points for Prep, but the refs missed it. I have no idea on school size. Maybe Prep's enrollment is 100 times larger than Taylorsville, I have no idea. But Taylorsville was about as close to winning this game as USM was to beating Bama last weekend.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-28-2019, 09:01 AM
I looked it up. Taylorsville is a small 2A school (enrollment 214). Not the smallest 2A school, but near the bottom of 2A schools. Prep's enrollment would make them a large 3A if they were public (about 450).

And to solve an argument, Enterprise (225 enrollment) is larger than Taylorsville.

Thick
09-28-2019, 11:00 AM
MRA is now the largest MAIS school in MS. MRA is good, and they should win it all this year. This would also be the 4th straight year to go to the state championship in which they have lost 3 straight to Prep. Side note....they should have beaten Philadelphia. Heritage Academy is for real. Big offensive line with a couple of D1 players.

Jack Lambert
09-28-2019, 05:32 PM
Some of you guys seem to get feelings hurt when a private school beats a public. You need to remember that our QB played private school.

captaindog
09-28-2019, 06:45 PM
Taylorsville also had the punter drop to a knee in the end zone to field the snap, then get up and punt. Should have been a safety and two points for Prep, but the refs missed it. I have no idea on school size. Maybe Prep's enrollment is 100 times larger than Taylorsville, I have no idea. But Taylorsville was about as close to winning this game as USM was to beating Bama last weekend.

I agree. I went to watch T Keyes play. He is very athletic with a great arm. Their team looked great getting off the bus. However Keyes was running for his life all night. I?m trying to see what the earlier poster saw that would have Taylorsville winning easily,at all or even keeping it close. However it?s a lot of ?ifs? to change a 28-0 beat down. I?ll have to give Prep credit. They really played well. Their running back Matt Jones looked really good. My understanding is he had over 200 yards rushing and receiving. Prep?s starting quarterback got hurt and their backup is an UM baseball commit. He is a really good athlete. MSU baseball commit Jeffrey Ince also looked good at safety, running back and receiver.