PDA

View Full Version : Every Handicapper on Radio This...

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2019, 03:20 PM
Week has picked Auburn to win but MSU to cover.

Lee Sterling - Auburn wins but MSU covers

Dave Bartoo - Auburn wins but MSU covers

Bruce Marshall - Auburn wins but MSU covers. 24-17 Auburn.

I just find that interesting considering so many MSU fans think it'll be a blowout. I've heard absolutely no one that bets money on this say it'll be a blowout.

What do some of you know that the handicappers don't?

Lord McBuckethead
09-27-2019, 03:26 PM
We actually watch our games and understand a jet sweep is going to murder us.

MadDawg
09-27-2019, 03:26 PM

I just find that interesting considering so many MSU fans think it'll be a blowout. I've heard absolutely no one that bets money on this say it'll be a blowout.

Fans are emotional. Handicappers are not.

Bothrops
09-27-2019, 03:31 PM
I'm legitimately scared of their jet sweeps against us.

DancingRabbit
09-27-2019, 03:52 PM
Three of the 7 pickers on CBS's site picked State against the spread. All 7 picked AU straight up. Can't argue really.

I think they'll gash us early for sure. I hope Shoop can stem the bleeding before we dig a hole too deep and manage to hang around.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/auburn-vs-mississippi-state-prediction-pick-odds-point-spread-line-football-game-kickoff-time-preview/

defiantdog
09-27-2019, 03:53 PM
Leo won't be able to contain any outside run, we can't get pressure unless we blitz, and we can't tackle air at times. Auburn is going to put up a lot of points. I just hope our offense has a pulse outside of Hill.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-27-2019, 04:02 PM
Yeah I think "jet sweep" is all we have to say. Our LB's have been bad covering lateral space, our CB's can't get off any block, our safeties seem nowhere to be found, nobody can tackle, and Schwartz is faster than anyone we've seen all year. Couple this with LBs that have to stay close to the DTs to give them support and S that have to stay deep because our CBs can reliably lock anyone down for the literal 4s+ it takes the pressure to get home and there's not much we can do to stop it

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2019, 04:04 PM
Three of the 7 pickers on CBS's site picked State against the spread. All 7 picked AU straight up. Can't argue really.

I think they'll gash us early for sure. I hope Shoop can stem the bleeding before we dig a hole too deep and manage to hang around.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/auburn-vs-mississippi-state-prediction-pick-odds-point-spread-line-football-game-kickoff-time-preview/

Do the CBS pickers have money on the game?

DancingRabbit
09-27-2019, 04:08 PM
Do the CBS pickers have money on the game?

Probably not.

gravedigger
09-27-2019, 04:09 PM

Handicappers are considering our history vs the spread vs them and last year in particular. The only relevant games are our 4 this year and theirs. I want to believe we will keep it within 10. But I don?t believe we will. They are a more rounded team. Until we get to November, we are on crutches.

TrapGame
09-27-2019, 04:16 PM
Handicappers are considering our history vs the spread vs them and last year in particular. The only relevant games are our 4 this year and theirs. I want to believe we will keep it within 10. But I don?t believe we will. They are a more rounded team. Until we get to November, we are on crutches.

Nix is not as good as Stidham. He may come out and pass for 300 on us but until he does I think he's a weak link on that offense.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2019, 04:19 PM

Most good handicappers have complex computer models they run these game through.

deadheaddawg
09-27-2019, 04:31 PM
Handicappers don't know as much as people think. If they did they wouldn't be trying to sell their picks. They wouldn't need to. They could make all the money they wanted by gambling.

They are just talking heads like the rest of us

Covercorner2
09-27-2019, 04:41 PM

Just imagine if we played with a full squad, we just might *gasp* have a chance to win. You don't sit your best players against an SEC West contender in which you have a chance to win.

MagicDawg
09-27-2019, 04:42 PM
Let the Aubie offense score at will in the first half and wear themselves out. Defense can then hold them in the 2nd half and we go to town with our super secret game plan I got from an source close to the program: sit all the TutorGate folks but it doesn't matter because our innovative 4 QB sets are going to send Gus to the WaHo by the end of the 3rd quarter.

The KSU loss was part of JoMo's long game strategy to get people to underestimate us. We've got them right where we want them.

HoopsDawg
09-27-2019, 05:47 PM
They have no idea the impact that Gay and Autry have. Before our first game a so called expert said we were going to play both QB's: Stevens and KT.

AU is going to cover relatively easily. We won't be able to stop simple runs between the tackles.

Maroonthirteen
09-27-2019, 06:06 PM
In other words it will be a close game.... according to the handicappers.

I believe it will be the most interesting SEC matchup of the weekend.

Somebody else in Jackson has said UK/USC is the sec game of the week. Hahaha. We shall see.

Maroonthirteen
09-27-2019, 06:09 PM
Double post

dantheman4248
09-27-2019, 06:49 PM
If the 4 games this year were all that?s ?relevant? then handicappers wouldn?t use historical data. These people do this for a living.

Covercorner2
09-27-2019, 08:21 PM
This game will be close. We may win regardless if we have a full deck. Why?

- It?s our first ?big? game of the year. We will have energy and we won?t come out flat. Being on the road against an undefeated division opponent will do that.
- We usually play AU well because we aren?t intimidated. Although they are #7 in the country, we are 3-3 against Malzahn. Difference between our mindset against Bama and a team like this. We know it can be done.
- Both of those first points contribute to AU either being tight or not being prepared. This is not their biggest game so far and their season and coach is on the line.

It?s a lot similar to why we have success against A&M. We aren?t intimated, yet the other team feels superior and the game isn?t circled on their calendar. Although it should be. We see it as a big game and opportunity. They don?t. They just need to hold serve.

Against Bama, I don?t think we necessarily always have confidence. Plus Bama has the talent to come out flat and still win. Teams like A&M and AU don?t.

This isn?t the NFL where guys are playing for paychecks and scheme rules. These are kids that play their best when motivated. A lot of our kids were shunned by AU. For example, look for ET to play his best game yet. Hell, The Kang said you only get up for a few games a year. This one, especially on the road, is one for us. It?s why I hope we play to win and not to play for bowl eligibility. But, like I said, regardless we will play well.

Don?t believe me, just watch.

missouridawg
09-27-2019, 08:43 PM

Here’s why I think Auburn blows us out:
1) They run the ball pretty damn good with a very good OL
2) Our defense has been vulnerable to the run in EVERY game this year. We’ve proven we are soft in that facet of the game
3) We kept Auburn out of the end zone last year... and Gus has eluded to that embarrassment multiple times this week. He has the motivation of that loss last year to run up the score this year. And he will do that, if he can.
4) Both of our QBs are making one of their first few starts on the road in a very hostile environment.
5) Their DL is top10 in the country and will make it very hard on our offense to get comfortable

missouridawg
09-27-2019, 08:44 PM

Here?s why I think Auburn blows us out:
2) Our defense has been vulnerable to the run in EVERY game this year. We?ve proven we are soft in that facet of the game
3) We kept Auburn out of the end zone last year... and Gus has eluded to that embarrassment multiple times this week. He has the motivation of that loss last year to run up the score this year. And he will do that, if he can.
4) Both of our QBs are making one of their first few starts on the road in a very hostile environment.
5) Their DL is top10 in the country and will make it very hard on our offense to get comfortable

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2019, 08:48 PM
Here?s why I think Auburn blows us out:
2) Our defense has been vulnerable to the run in EVERY game this year. We?ve proven we are soft in that facet of the game

Spoken like a true MSU fan. Figured out why the other team would blow us out.

What drives MSU fans to do this? Why not have higher expectations for the program?

Why not spend time doing something that would seem more fun: like trying to find reasons why we may win?

I seriously don't understand the mentality. Someone please explain it too me

msstate7
09-27-2019, 08:50 PM

What drives MSU fans to do this? Why not have higher expectations for the program?

Why not spend time doing something that would seem more fun: like trying to find reasons why we may win?

This is a gambling thread. You think state fans should bet on what they hope happens?

missouridawg
09-27-2019, 09:01 PM
This is a gambling thread. You think state fans should bet on what they hope happens?

Literally 5 minutes ago I sent a text that said “win the game or let Auburn cover”. My heart wants a W. My pocketbook wants an Auburn win by 10.

The advanced stats say Auburn will run at will on us. Whether or not our offense can keep us is the question. And guess what JoMo has yet to prove to me in 16 games.... that he can make this offense work against a decent defense.

Couple that with one of the most important things in college football (motivation)... and that’s how my head arrived atAuburn winning by 2-3 TDs.

Don’t believe me on motivation? Go look at what JoMo did with the offense against teams we were better than last year. He kept the started in deep in the game and ran up the score. I felt pretty strongly that he did this late in the season because the fan base was blasting his offensive prowess. I expect Gus to react similarly (if his team is able to) after getting shut out of the end zone last year by us.

HoopsDawg
09-27-2019, 09:02 PM

I'll explain it. He's giving his honest opinion without maroon glasses on what he thinks will happen. I don't know why this would bother you. You really are a strange poster.

missouridawg
09-27-2019, 09:03 PM
And I realize a mistake I made... I used the phrase “blow us out”. That was poor hyperbole by me. My bad.

dantheman4248
09-28-2019, 01:09 AM

Actually reasonable opinions in a reasonable thread space. Shotgun asked that question in the wrong thread.

Ezsoil
09-28-2019, 08:40 AM
Yeah I think "jet sweep" is all we have to say. Our LB's have been bad covering lateral space, our CB's can't get off any block, our safeties seem nowhere to be found, nobody can tackle, and Schwartz is faster than anyone we've seen all year. Couple this with LBs that have to stay close to the DTs to give them support and S that have to stay deep because our CBs can reliably lock anyone down for the literal 4s+ it takes the pressure to get home and there's not much we can do to stop it

I guess there really isn't a reason to field a team

timotheus
09-28-2019, 08:51 AM
The jury is still out on whether the JoMo O can function as he draws it up against a quality D. I understand why Cohen hired him and until the time that the fore mentioned statement reaches a conclusion, many will stay on the fence.

msbulldog
09-28-2019, 08:52 AM
Handicappers don't know as much as people think. If they did they wouldn't be trying to sell their picks. They wouldn't need to. They could make all the money they wanted by gambling.

They are just talking heads like the rest of us

Absolutely, common sense! Rep given.

dantheman4248
09-28-2019, 08:58 AM
You can have a system that hits 60% ATS, but if you don’t have the bankroll to begin with you won’t make much. There aren’t enough opportunities to exponentially grow your bankroll fast. You sell picks because there is more sure money in it.

Homedawg
09-28-2019, 09:45 AM

This is funny considering you are the most bipolar fan we have..... Yeah he owes you an explanation. I'm willing to be you will have multiple melts today. Nobody's prediction dictates the outcome of the game. Why does it matter anyway.

dantheman4248
09-28-2019, 10:14 AM
Sharp money coming in on MSU. Line down to -9.5.

Still feel like the play is the under. 46.5 seems too high for two freshmen QBs

missouridawg
09-28-2019, 08:06 PM

On this topic, but you can apologize whenever you?d like, you mouth breathing, homer cock sucker.

Coach34
09-28-2019, 08:35 PM
On this topic, but you can apologize whenever you?d like, you mouth breathing, homer cock sucker.

damnnnnnnnnnn

I seen it dawg
09-28-2019, 08:41 PM

They don't watch us as closely as we do

I seen it dawg
09-28-2019, 08:43 PM
damnnnnnnnnnn

And deservedly letting it roll

Homedawg
09-28-2019, 09:22 PM
And deservedly letting it roll

Yet people wonder why you and I among others said UT, ark and ole miss is who you play the suspended guys against. It's not hard to figure. Well for those paying attention.