PDA

View Full Version : Interesting....

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2019, 10:07 AM
Matt Wyatt also said yesterday on his show that Auburn's offense is almost identical to ULL's. That could help us right?

If we only had a lightening fast LB that could run sideline the sideline to shut this down*

Cooterpoot
09-27-2019, 10:19 AM
Sigh

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2019, 10:22 AM
Sigh

https://media.giphy.com/media/vecJ3wwaFgKLm/giphy.gif

TrapGame
09-27-2019, 10:29 AM
Hmm, that is interesting. I think I'd take ULL's QB over Nix.

Scared_Hitless
09-27-2019, 10:37 AM
Lets hope not. If they are ULL with better athletes I am losing all confidence in the upset.

Todd4State
09-27-2019, 10:51 AM
Scheme wise I think they do some things similarly. But yes- Auburn at home with more talent than ULL is pretty concerning.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2019, 10:55 AM
Scheme wise I think they do some things similarly. But yes- Auburn at home with more talent than ULL is pretty concerning.

Let's remember that ULL has one of if not the most experienced OL in the country.

Also, perhaps Auburn's talent advantage over ULL is somewhat mitigated because we've already see this offense & made adjustment.

confucius say
09-27-2019, 10:56 AM
To be fair to our d line and the rushing numbers given up, we have faced two of the best rushing offenses in KSU and Ull. And did so without autry.

But I do think auburn will run on us. I just hope it is for 200 and not 300

Cooterpoot
09-27-2019, 11:00 AM
AU is 30+ pts better than ULL. This isn’t even a conversation. There’s very little similarity other than they give you lots of looks.

Liverpooldawg
09-27-2019, 11:12 AM
They are WAY better than ULL. This isn't even relevant.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2019, 11:26 AM
AU is 30+ pts better than ULL. This isn’t even a conversation. There’s very little similarity other than they give you lots of looks.

But Auburn only scored 24 vs Tulane

DancingRabbit
09-27-2019, 11:29 AM
Hmmmm, for some reason FPI and SP+ have ULL's offense ranked higher than ours or Auburn's. Obviously Auburn has more overall talent by a long shot.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/tab/efficiency

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27677435/sp+-rankings-week-4-ohio-state-move

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-27-2019, 11:31 AM

A certain Auburn insider compared us to a "stronger version of Tulane..."

How dumb is that? It's about like saying Auburn is a stronger version of ULL.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2019, 11:32 AM

Again, for whatever reason, the reality of Auburn and the perception of Auburn isn't adding up among our fan base.

msstate7
09-27-2019, 11:41 AM

Again, for whatever reason, the reality of Auburn and the perception of Auburn isn't adding up among our fan base.

And Tulane scored 6... they won by 18. Not sure why that gives you so much confidence

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2019, 11:44 AM
And Tulane scored 6... they won by 18. Not sure why that gives you so much confidence

I'm just making the point that Auburn isn't 30 points better than ULL.

Cooterpoot
09-27-2019, 11:49 AM
I'm just making the point that Auburn isn't 30 points better than ULL.

It was a week after a road game vs Oregon. They screwed around with a Tulane team that’s better than ULL.

TrapGame
09-27-2019, 11:50 AM

The same people in our fan base want to use the DL's performance vs ULL/USM as hallmarks or precursors of what's to come but can't use the same metric vs AU and the Tulane game.

Did AU not give a shit? Maybe. But then maybe we didn't give a shit about ULL or USM. We were way more focused in the UK game and it showed. Maybe some of that focus bleeds over into this game.

msstate7
09-27-2019, 11:52 AM
The same people in our fan base want to use the DL's performance vs ULL/USM as hallmarks or precursors of what's to come but can't use the same metric vs AU and the Tulane game.

Did AU not give a shit? Maybe. But then maybe we didn't give a shit about ULL or USM. We were way more focused in the UK game and it showed. Maybe some of that focus bleeds over into this game.
Auburn beat Tulane by more than we've won a game this season. What is you guys' point about that game?

BrunswickDawg
09-27-2019, 11:54 AM
It was a week after a road game vs Oregon. They screwed around with a Tulane team that’s better than ULL.

And ULL was the first game of the season, with a brand new DL, Brand new QB, in a dead neutral site stadium. We screwed around with a ULL that will probably win the Sunbelt

Cooterpoot
09-27-2019, 11:57 AM
And ULL was the first game of the season, with a brand new DL, Brand new QB, in a dead neutral site stadium. We screwed around with a ULL that will probably win the Sunbelt

No idea what that’s got to do with comparing them to AU. AU is still 30+ pts better. But our defense hasn’t slowed down anyone this year, 1st game or not.

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2019, 11:59 AM
Simply amazing how many in our fan base are trying to figure out how we'll lose?

Why? What's your goal here?

I don't get the mentality. Isn't more fun to find ways that we can win?

Is your internet cred that important to you?

I just don't get it.

TrapGame
09-27-2019, 12:00 PM
Auburn beat Tulane by more than we've won a game this season. What is you guys' point about that game?

LOL! Never mind man. Our games against lesser teams get held over our heads as proof positive we suck. Every other team gets an excuse for playing shitty against lesser talent.

msstate7
09-27-2019, 12:00 PM
Simply amazing how many in our fan base are trying to figure out how we'll lose?

I just don't get it.

Lol... do you really think what I or cooter post here has anything to do with the results of our game tomorrow?

TrapGame
09-27-2019, 12:02 PM

I just don't get it.

You get rep for this.

msstate7
09-27-2019, 12:03 PM
LOL! Never mind man. Our games against lesser teams get held over our heads as proof positive we suck. Every other team gets an excuse for playing shitty against lesser talent.

Auburn was favored by 16.5... they covered. Auburn is 4-0 ATS this season BTW.

TrapGame
09-27-2019, 12:06 PM
Auburn was favored by 16.5... they covered. Auburn is 4-0 ATS this season BTW.

Okay. Whatever man. We're screwed. No hope. All is lost.

msstate7
09-27-2019, 12:09 PM
Okay. Whatever man. We're screwed. No hope. All is lost.

Yeah, that's what I said. All I questioned in this thread is what in the hell auburn only scoring 24 on Tulane means? They beat em by 3 TDs. They covered. I mean, why not auburn scored 28 on aTm, which is 4 more than Clemson did? Boy that Clemson offense must really suck to let auburn who only scored 24 on Tulane score more on aTm than they did. It's just a dumb point what auburn scored on Tulane... they whipped Tulane

ShotgunDawg
09-27-2019, 12:10 PM

Lol... do you really think what I or cooter post here has anything to do with the results of our game tomorrow?

That's not the point. I just don't understand what your point is or your angle.

msstate7
09-27-2019, 12:12 PM
That's not the point. I just don't understand what your point is or your angle.

Hey, I'd love for you to come up with a good reason to believe tomorrow night. Unfortunately, auburn scoring 24 on Tulane is nothing.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-27-2019, 12:16 PM

I just don't get it.

I like talking about how we can win. I actually prefer it to discussing the ways we'll lose.

HOWEVER, when theorizing how we'll win (in this case, saying we've seen this O vs ULL so we'll be ready for it) it's only natural for others to think critically of it and poke holes in it. And the opposite is true too: If someone said "Auburn has a good DL so we can't run on them" you'd think critically and respond "we ran on them last year", which would be a great counter.

We're here to discuss the team. Every post (positive or negative) SHOULD get comments pointing our potential flaws with it. Then you counter. Else, where's the discussion? If nobody is allowed to be negative then we may as well make this site posts only with no comments underneath.

Some posters only want to tear down, some only want to pump up (caugh caugh coach007). Both are pretty stupid honestly as the truth lies in between. BUT, some posters like me and 7 are natrally better at poking holes in positive logic, and people like you are better at making positive theories. Different ways of thinking make the board more interesting

NWADAWG
09-27-2019, 12:27 PM

The QB at ULL was very quick, elusive, and made some great plays. He is the only reason that game was close. We beat a less mobile QB by several TDs. Auburn is more talented and will give us issues, but not the same issues we had with ULL.

Gutter Cobreh
09-27-2019, 12:41 PM
The QB at ULL was very quick, elusive, and made some great plays. He is the only reason that game was close. We beat a less mobile QB by several TDs. Auburn is more talented and will give us issues, but not the same issues we had with ULL.

We also played a bland style of defense. I don't think be blitzed that game to well into the fourth quarter (or maybe their last drive).

It's hard to compare common opponents, and as such - comparing different teams but that share a similar offensive style isn't going to get you much if anything when trying to analyze how well we'll do.

Todd4State
09-27-2019, 12:42 PM

I just don't get it.

Speaking for those people here.

Yes.

BrunswickDawg
09-27-2019, 12:45 PM
No idea what that’s got to do with comparing them to AU. AU is still 30+ pts better. But our defense hasn’t slowed down anyone this year, 1st game or not.

Trap understands what I was saying

Todd4State
09-27-2019, 12:46 PM

I'd say Nix is a good runner though.

We also played a bland style of defense. I don't think be blitzed that game to well into the fourth quarter (or maybe their last drive).

It's hard to compare common opponents, and as such - comparing different teams but that share a similar offensive style isn't going to get you much if anything when trying to analyze how well we'll do.

It's all in context. If we play a team that has a similar or same offense as another opponent we can definitely see where some of our problems could potentially be. Like with our defenses eye discipline.

Plus to me, it seems like historically no matter the coach our teams only improve marginally during the season so by game two we're pretty much what you see is what you get. So, I'm expecting tackling to be a major issue unless Willie Gay is back. Which tells me it's more of an energy thing than anything else.

Commercecomet24
09-27-2019, 12:46 PM
I like talking about how we can win. I actually prefer it to discussing the ways we'll lose.

HOWEVER, when theorizing how we'll win (in this case, saying we've seen this O vs ULL so we'll be ready for it) it's only natural for others to think critically of it and poke holes in it. And the opposite is true too: If someone said "Auburn has a good DL so we can't run on them" you'd think critically and respond "we ran on them last year", which would be a great counter.

We're here to discuss the team. Every post (positive or negative) SHOULD get comments pointing our potential flaws with it. Then you counter. Else, where's the discussion? If nobody is allowed to be negative then we may as well make this site posts only with no comments underneath.

Some posters only want to tear down, some only want to pump up (caugh caugh coach007). Both are pretty stupid honestly as the truth lies in between. BUT, some posters like me and 7 are natrally better at poking holes in positive logic, and people like you are better at making positive theories. Different ways of thinking make the board more interesting

Right on brother! If we all thought the same it would be pretty boring!

Rep Given!

Todd4State
09-27-2019, 12:47 PM
Yeah, that's what I said. All I questioned in this thread is what in the hell auburn only scoring 24 on Tulane means? They beat em by 3 TDs. They covered. I mean, why not auburn scored 28 on aTm, which is 4 more than Clemson did? Boy that Clemson offense must really suck to let auburn who only scored 24 on Tulane score more on aTm than they did. It's just a dumb point what auburn scored on Tulane... they whipped Tulane

You be you.

dantheman4248
09-27-2019, 12:52 PM

Math is hard for the stat man

msstate7
09-27-2019, 12:57 PM
Math is hard for the stat man

Lol... indeed it is. Sorry, 23 is greater than 18

BulldogDX55
09-27-2019, 01:08 PM
Just chiming in to note that someone said Tulane is a lot better than ULL and everyone took it as fact or at least no one challenged that assertion.

FPI has Tulane at 56 and ULL at 59. The difference is negligible.

Todd4State
09-27-2019, 01:10 PM
Just chiming in to note that someone said Tulane is a lot better than ULL and everyone took it as fact or at least no one challenged that assertion.

Interesting. I think both are two of the better teams in their league but we'll see how the year plays out.

msstate7
09-27-2019, 01:14 PM

I think they're much closer than cooter does. With that said, Tulane did beat em by 17 last year in the bowl... different year and all, but it is something to consider

dantheman4248
09-27-2019, 01:15 PM

I’ve challenged it ad nauseum. The Sun Belt has passed CUSA, MAC and is catching up to the AAC.

Also 7, it’s Friday. youre excused lol

Lord McBuckethead
09-27-2019, 02:01 PM

ULL would have only scored negative 6 then. duh. Math m17er.

Todd4State
09-27-2019, 02:26 PM
I think they're much closer than cooter does. With that said, Tulane did beat em by 17 last year in the bowl... different year and all, but it is something to consider

Not really. Tulane was absolutely fired up about that bowl game. It was essentially their Super Bowl. ULL was coming off of a disappointing loss in the Sun Belt championship game with a much less experienced team than they have now.

And totally different teams now than last year.

Todd4State
09-27-2019, 02:29 PM
I’ve challenged it ad nauseum. The Sun Belt has passed CUSA, MAC and is catching up to the AAC.

Also 7, it’s Friday. youre excused lol

You're correct about C-USA and the Sun Belt. At worst they're equal. The AAC killed C-USA when they took Memphis, Tulane, and then whatever Texas teams from that league.

I could play a game called guess which conference they're in and a lot of fans wouldn't know who was in C-USA or the Sun Belt.

See Old Dominion, FAU, North Texas, Georgia State, and etc.