PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 Bowl projections....

Coach007
09-26-2019, 01:49 PM
Mississippi State:

Bonagura: Belk Bowl vs. Miami

Schlabach: Gator Bowl vs. Nebraska

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27675084/college-football-bowl-projections-week-4

Jack Lambert
09-26-2019, 02:04 PM
Schlabach has Ole Miss in the Music City.

Commercecomet24
09-26-2019, 02:06 PM

The only way ole miss sees the music city bowl is if they buy tickets cause they ain't making a bowl game

timotheus
09-26-2019, 02:06 PM
ding ding ding....

Scared_Hitless
09-26-2019, 02:11 PM
I honestly would rather the Music City Bowl than another Florida Trip. Texas Bowl would also be cool

Tbonewannabe
09-26-2019, 03:24 PM
I could see the Belk bowl if they don't have an East option. I figure it will be Texas (never been there and Vandy was there last year), Music City (drivable and we had good attendance last time), or Liberty (they upped their payout so they are on the same level now).

I doubt we go back to the Gator. It hasn't been that long and the last couple of times had attendance down. It is also the farthest bowl from Starkville.

I doubt we go back to the Outback because we were there last year.

You never can tell what the matchup would look like for TV which kind of trumps all other reasons. I would think if we somehow got to 8 wins and could match up with Penn St then whatever bowl might like that.

The bottom line is that we just need to get to a bowl and keep the streak alive. I think we might be in the Liberty at worst with the possible lack of teams. UM already has to win 4 SEC games to even make a bowl, Ark and UT are both in the same boat and it is going to be tough for them to make it.

So teams that probably won't make a bowl game:

Ole Miss
South Carolina
Arkansas
Tennessee
Vandy can maybe get to 6 wins.

So that leaves us in the group of bowls with: Liberty, Music City, Texas, Belk, Gator, Outback
Auburn
A&M
UK
MSU

Next tier probably for Citrus or BCS at large: I know that the BCS is no longer a thing but it is the best way to describe those bowls.
LSU
UF

Playoff or at least BCS level game:
UGA
Bama

Jack Lambert
09-26-2019, 03:31 PM
The only way ole miss sees the music city bowl is if they buy tickets

If ole miss makes it to a bowl game they will pile into that stadium. It will be a big Ole Miss crowd. They have not been to a bowl game in three years.

Tbonewannabe
09-26-2019, 03:36 PM
My week 4 guess:

Bama - Playoff
UGA - Cotton or other non playoff - UGA was in Sugar last year
LSU - Sugar or other non playoff -
UF - Citrus
Auburn - Gator
A&M - Outback
MSU - Texas
UK - Music City

Mizzou - bowl ban or they go to the Texas bowl and it rearranges things
South Carolina - no bowl
Ole Miss - no bowl
Vandy - no bowl
Arkansas - no bowl
Tennessee - no bowl

I doubt we go Liberty unless the SEC wants to give the Liberty a bonus for upping their payout. If that happens it could be MSU or UK going there and shafting the Texas bowl. I don't think A&M goes back to that bowl. They really pushed for a Florida bowl last year.

Tbonewannabe
09-26-2019, 03:39 PM
If ole miss makes it to a bowl game they will pile into that stadium. It will be a big Ole Miss crowd. They have not been to a bowl game in three years.

Yep, if UM somehow makes a bowl then that means they are playing a lot better and the fans would be pumped. I just don't see the wins. They have 2 OOC losses so that means they have to win 4 SEC games. Ark, Vandy, Mizzou, and MSU are really the only games that they might have a chance. I personally think UM beating us and Mizzou are about as likely as us beating LSU or Bama but crazy things happen sometimes.

BulldogBear
09-26-2019, 04:12 PM

I saw that. Looking at their schedule and doing the obvious ones based on opponent and/or location, he basically thinks that Ole Miss wins 2 out of these 3:

@ Mizzou
TAMU
@ State

Wow, really? I'm telling you....UMiss pays these folks to promote them and have been doing it for over a decade.

Coursesuper
09-26-2019, 04:20 PM
Making it into a bowl game is the only important factor, get the extra practices in. Unless your in the playoffs it's pretty much all the same.

Todd4State
09-26-2019, 04:45 PM
I can't see us going back to Florida either. Mainly because we've gone so many times recently. Unless we have our best case scenario and go 9-3 which would put us in the Citrus Bowl discussion.

basedog
09-26-2019, 04:55 PM
The only way ole miss sees the music city bowl is if they buy tickets cause they ain't making a bowl game

+1. This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DownwardDawg
09-26-2019, 05:19 PM

They going 4-8 at best. I think 3-9. I think Vandy is too physical for them.