PDA

View Full Version : Every Single Week You are Going to Be in a Street Fight with us! #HAILSTATE NICE!

Coach007
09-26-2019, 12:41 PM

MetEdDawg
09-26-2019, 01:01 PM

That street fight mentality is what Moorhead is trying to instill. It's going to at times looked undisciplined. Probably why we get more penalties for discipline kind of stuff.

But to me we can't be status quo if we are going to move from good to great. We have to do something others aren't doing. That swagger that comes from having that us against the world, dirty, brawler mentality I think can be part of that edge we need. Moorhead isn't going to back down from a challenge and once he's got his guys in, they won't either. It takes time to instill that kind of mentality. Mullen had teams that folded up like lawn chairs and didn't compete. We competed last year. We didn't always execute at a high level. But those guys competed for Moorhead.

The combination of that mentality plus the offensive strategy Moorhead employs is why I've been on the Moorhead bandwagon. He's different. We need different. We can't do things the other programs do, so we have to do something they aren't to beat them. Moorhead has that capability.

Coach007
09-26-2019, 01:23 PM
HOPEFULLY it doesn't head that way. Penalties can kill drives.

shoeless joe
09-26-2019, 01:42 PM
I just don’t see it. Good quote...good phrase...I wanna see it

smootness
09-26-2019, 02:26 PM
That street fight mentality is what Moorhead is trying to instill. It's going to at times looked undisciplined. Probably why we get more penalties for discipline kind of stuff.

But to me we can't be status quo if we are going to move from good to great. We have to do something others aren't doing. That swagger that comes from having that us against the world, dirty, brawler mentality I think can be part of that edge we need. Moorhead isn't going to back down from a challenge and once he's got his guys in, they won't either. It takes time to instill that kind of mentality. Mullen had teams that folded up like lawn chairs and didn't compete. We competed last year. We didn't always execute at a high level. But those guys competed for Moorhead.

The combination of that mentality plus the offensive strategy Moorhead employs is why I've been on the Moorhead bandwagon. He's different. We need different. We can't do things the other programs do, so we have to do something they aren't to beat them. Moorhead has that capability.

This is complete revisionist history and nonsense.

MetEdDawg
09-26-2019, 03:11 PM
This is complete revisionist history and nonsense.

Yeah....no. Would love for you to explain that