PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Down 3 More

BrunswickDawg
09-25-2019, 12:54 PM
3 more players quit UT - https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27699171/three-more-players-leave-reeling-tennessee

2 LB - 1 starter for 2 games, 1 backup
1 RB - sophomore non contributor

That's 5 gone since the season started. Not a good look there Junior Asparagus.

msstate7
09-25-2019, 12:57 PM
It might be a good thing. Tenn clearly has issues.

DancingRabbit
09-25-2019, 01:00 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Ml9zak2aTF0/hqdefault.jpg

Pollodawg
09-25-2019, 01:00 PM
That place is a complete dumpster fire. 5 alarms.

Scared_Hitless
09-25-2019, 01:06 PM
I am beginning to wonder how long it takes Arkansas, TN, and Ole Miss to recover from these coaching blunders. Also which team compounds it by making another disastrous decision. Looking at UT and Fulmer here, but imagine if Ole Miss gets Luke to resign and hands the keys to Rich Rod rather then another coaching search. They are inept and something like this may happen.

Jack Lambert
09-25-2019, 01:14 PM
It might be a good thing. Tenn clearly has issues.

I wonder if it would be this bad if Mullen ended up at Tenn.

Coach007
09-25-2019, 01:16 PM
3 more players quit UT - https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27699171/three-more-players-leave-reeling-tennessee

2 LB - 1 starter for 2 games, 1 backup
1 RB - sophomore non contributor

That's 5 gone since the season started. Not a good look there Junior Asparagus.

I hate that for the fans, but like Ms7 stated, this is a clean up that's needed. The only way to get that program back is to burn it down and rebuild it.

Dawgbite
09-25-2019, 01:17 PM
I read somewhere today at lunch that this was a total of nine who had left this year. This can't be all on Pruitt, the man has been successful everywhere he has been. He didn't become a bloomin idiot just by putting on an orange shirt.

TrapGame
09-25-2019, 01:18 PM
I wonder if it would be this bad if Mullen ended up at Tenn.

I really question if Mullen was actually going to Tennessee now. I'm thinking this was more of a scare tactic against Cohen/Keenum but then Loafers called offering Florida and he couldn't say no to that.

BrunswickDawg
09-25-2019, 01:19 PM
I am beginning to wonder how long it takes Arkansas, TN, and Ole Miss to recover from these coaching blunders. Also which team compounds it by making another disastrous decision. Looking at UT and Fulmer here, but imagine if Ole Miss gets Luke to resign and hands the keys to Rich Rod rather then another coaching search. They are inept and something like this may happen.

Rich Rod at OM doesn't scare me. Rich Rod has proven that he is an average coach. Outside of 3 years with Pat White and Steve Slaton he has done nothing. He was so bad at Michigan that Brady F'n Hoke came in and won 11 games with his team. He couldn't do anything with Tate at AZ - even Kevin Sumlin is now doing better with his team then Rich Rod did.

Because he is average, OM would never give him the time to actually build anything (a'la David Cutcliffe or Tommy Tuberville) and will force him out after 4 or so 7-6/8-5 type seasons. It's in their DNA.

TrapGame
09-25-2019, 01:21 PM
Rich Rod at OM doesn't scare me. Rich Rod has proven that he is an average coach. Outside of 3 years with Pat White and Steve Slaton he has done nothing. He was so bad at Michigan that Brady F'n Hoke came in and won 11 games with his team. He couldn't do anything with Tate at AZ - even Kevin Sumlin is now doing better with his team then Rich Rod did.

Because he is average, OM would never give him the time to actually build anything (a'la David Cutcliffe or Tommy Tuberville) and will force him out after 4 or so 7-6/8-5 type seasons. It's in their DNA.

I think Rich Rod had some really good asst. coaches at West Virginia along with a shit ton of Florida talent that went under the radio between UF and FSU. He couldn't do that at WV now with the rise of USF and UCF.

Johnson85
09-25-2019, 01:22 PM

Who do you think would be better than Rich Rod that they could get? Rich Rod would seem like a safe hire for them. He's not great, but he's had some measure of success everywhere he's been with the exception of Michigan, where the school never bought into his hire to begin with.

BrunswickDawg
09-25-2019, 01:25 PM
I hate that for the fans, but like Ms7 stated, this is a clean up that's needed. The only way to get that program back is to burn it down and rebuild it.

No SEC fanbase has the patience for a 5 year burn down & rebuild process. If that is what Pruitt is trying to do then he is dumber then he sounds in interviews. If he is intentionally cleaning house then he has been set up by Phil to take the fall, and Phil will be on the sideline come October 26.

Scared_Hitless
09-25-2019, 01:34 PM
Who do you think would be better than Rich Rod that they could get? Rich Rod would seem like a safe hire for them. He's not great, but he's had some measure of success everywhere he's been with the exception of Michigan, where the school never bought into his hire to begin with.

I always think you are better off taking a risk on a coordinator that may elevate your program. I think it is a safe bet that Rich Rod will not get them even back to consistent 8 wins. You may swing and miss on a coordinator, but it is a risk I am willing to take over a retread.

Ari Gold
09-25-2019, 01:45 PM
I really question if Mullen was actually going to Tennessee now. I'm thinking this was more of a scare tactic against Cohen/Keenum but then Loafers called offering Florida and he couldn't say no to that.

From my knowledge 100% false. He was on his way to Knoxville until The Cheerleader made the call.

Pollodawg
09-25-2019, 01:48 PM
No SEC fanbase has the patience for a 5 year burn down & rebuild process. If that is what Pruitt is trying to do then he is dumber then he sounds in interviews. If he is intentionally cleaning house then he has been set up by Phil to take the fall, and Phil will be on the sideline come October 26.

Yessir. Phil will take that team over before season’s end.

KentuckyDawg13
09-25-2019, 01:50 PM
UT fans? Have you ever dealt with them? Their behavior at the 1998 SEC Championship game when UT played MSU was horrible.

Karma has a way of working things out...

RezDog7
09-25-2019, 01:51 PM

I heard a rumor that OM is going to hire Pete Golding in November.

Jack Lambert
09-25-2019, 01:52 PM

That's back when they were the "Todays Alabama of the SEC with out all the NC's". They did have one. They were good but yeah their fans suck.

1bigdawg
09-25-2019, 01:58 PM
UT fans? Have you ever dealt with them? Their behavior at the 1998 SEC Championship game when UT played MSU was horrible.

Karma has a way of working things out...

Nothing sucks like a big Orange.

Maroonthirteen
09-25-2019, 02:00 PM
From my knowledge 100% false. He was on his way to Knoxville until The Cheerleader made the call.

Yeah. I have no inside knowledge. But rumor was the contract was all but signed by Mullen. Then the Florida job opened up....

TrapGame
09-25-2019, 02:02 PM

Then Loafers saved his career. Tennessee would have ended it.

Coach007
09-25-2019, 02:05 PM

It's not that he is getting rid of, but in these circumstances, you have those that do not want to do the work and be in that situation. This happened under Croom here.

Now I'm sure they are getting rid of some, and I am not suggesting that he is a good coach. I think they need an total Asshole to put discipline back in the program and cull the herd. Then bring in a game changer.

TrapGame
09-25-2019, 02:10 PM
Fulmer is still running the show. He's the reason they're in this mess to begin with. I don't see Tennessee being a threat to anybody for another decade.

Bothrops
09-25-2019, 04:22 PM

Its possible, but unlikely I think. Mullen wanted out of here anyway he could get as long as it was SEC.

RiverCityDawg
09-25-2019, 05:59 PM

I actually have a source on this as well and can confirm. Assistant coaches were making preparations to move to Knoxville.

Turfdawg67
09-25-2019, 06:44 PM
Tennessee having a good week! ***

Ifyouonlyknew
09-25-2019, 06:59 PM

Who's going to hire him? The interim chancellor or interim AD?

DancingRabbit
09-25-2019, 07:04 PM
Ha, heard Pruitt is skipping Vol Calls tonight.

RezDog7
09-25-2019, 09:31 PM
Who's going to hire him? The interim chancellor or interim AD?

Supposedly going to have a chancellor in place as well. Like I said, it's just a rumor.

BiscuitEater
09-25-2019, 09:36 PM
This can't be all on Pruitt, the man has been successful everywhere he has been. He didn't become a bloomin idiot just by putting on an orange shirt.

Maybe. He's NEVER been a HC .. not even HS. He's been a good assistant at mostly 'successful' programs!

BulldogBear
09-25-2019, 10:48 PM
I actually have a source on this as well and can confirm. Assistant coaches were making preparations to move to Knoxville.

This. He thinks he's General Neyland.

Johnson85
09-26-2019, 08:45 AM
I read somewhere today at lunch that this was a total of nine who had left this year. This can't be all on Pruitt, the man has been successful everywhere he has been. He didn't become a bloomin idiot just by putting on an orange shirt.

The guy was a grown man that didn't know what asparagus is. He's probably not a bloomin idiot, but that doesn't mean he isn't over his head as a head coach, and especially in a challenging situation like UT. They really, really needed an established head coach to deal with the dumpster fire they created, and it's typical of UT that they chased off the good options because they weren't good enough for them.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2019, 08:48 AM
Fulmer is still running the show. He's the reason they're in this mess to begin with. I don't see Tennessee being a threat to anybody for another decade.

I agree. The hole is just getting deeper by the day.

I always felt that Tennessee could be turned around quickly due to the talent they had on campus, but my guess is that talent is deteriorating.

Political Hack
09-26-2019, 12:42 PM

I know you've got a golden source on this, but I've always bought into TrapGameMs theory. I think he used Tenn for leverage in contract negotiations. He had reportedly verbally agreed to terms with State again (the people who actually pay his salary) and was allegedly set to sign a deal, that he sat on for several days while waiting on Florida. People who were close to negotiations were not concerned about UT at all and thought all that was for leverage, but as soon as Florida got mentioned everybody's butt puckered because the timing of him sitting on that offer and his reluctance to quickly sign again with State.

I realize his agent's folks were spreading the word that he was going to UT amongst Miss St people, but I honestly think it was a ploy by his agent to get a pay raise or to use as leverage with Florida. I don't think Mullen wanted any part of UT. That's place is a complete and utter dumpster fire. It would've been a step down.

LC Dawg
09-26-2019, 01:24 PM
Mullen knew Stricklin was striking out on finding a coach and may have to offer Mullen even though Stricklin doesn't like Mullen and vice versa. I don't know if Mullen was going to TN but I think he was going to at least wait to see what FL did before accepting the TN job.

TrapGame
09-26-2019, 01:44 PM
Pruitt said yesterday "We're getting better."

Okay, Hoss, if you say so.

Commercecomet24
09-26-2019, 02:12 PM
Pruitt said yesterday "We're getting better."

Okay, Hoss, if you say so.

Could they get worse? lol

Homedawg
09-26-2019, 02:27 PM
I know you've got a golden source on this, but I've always bought into TrapGameMs theory. I think he used Tenn for leverage in contract negotiations. He had reportedly verbally agreed to terms with State again (the people who actually pay his salary) and was allegedly set to sign a deal, that he sat on for several days while waiting on Florida. People who were close to negotiations were not concerned about UT at all and thought all that was for leverage, but as soon as Florida got mentioned everybody's butt puckered because the timing of him sitting on that offer and his reluctance to quickly sign again with State.

I realize his agent's folks were spreading the word that he was going to UT amongst Miss St people, but I honestly think it was a ploy by his agent to get a pay raise or to use as leverage with Florida. I don't think Mullen wanted any part of UT. That's place is a complete and utter dumpster fire. It would've been a step down.

Ari is right. It was a fine deal to rocky top. Then fla swooped him up. Not rumor. Fact.

Coursesuper
09-26-2019, 05:14 PM
Ari is right. It was a fine deal to rocky top. Then fla swooped him up. Not rumor. Fact.

Y'all is right! This is what was going down, he was gone to UT until Kelly jilted Fla and went back to the west coast.