PDA

View Full Version : Indoor practice facility

Homedawg
09-24-2019, 11:04 PM
Now that everyone knows, I find it amusing that we need a football only indoor practice facility considering we spent last wed inside practicing. Thought the reason we needed it was Bc it was to small? Which is bullshit. I get the recruiting take sure. But, why are we so soft that we spend a day inside for practice? Did we build shotguns dome for the game?? Makes no sense

DancingRabbit
09-25-2019, 01:02 AM
Now that everyone knows, I find it amusing that we need a football only indoor practice facility considering we spent last wed inside practicing. Thought the reason we needed it was Bc it was to small? Which is bullshit. I get the recruiting take sure. But, why are we so soft that we spend a day inside for practice? Did we build shotguns dome for the game?? Makes no sense

There you go.

Hot Rock
09-25-2019, 05:52 AM
Can we not do anything to please this fanbase? Every damn thread I see is bashing something about the program.

Rick Danko
09-25-2019, 06:07 AM
Can we not do anything to please this fanbase? Every damn thread I see is bashing something about the program.

Nope, we have the whiningest fanbase in America. Uniforms, facilities, coaches, AD, compliance, mark keenum, parking, concessions, traffic on game day, the smell of cups, recruiting, play calling, hot, defense, metal detectors, and on and on and on. I know I?ve left a ton out. We are the bitchiest fan base in America and it cannot be close. I love this board because there is good info, but damn it has become infested lately with trolls who come up with anything they can find to be negative about. And here I am, being negative about the trolls.... damnit

I seen it dawg
09-25-2019, 06:34 AM
Hahahahaha got ya

MetEdDawg
09-25-2019, 06:39 AM
Nope, we have the whiningest fanbase in America. Uniforms, facilities, coaches, AD, compliance, mark keenum, parking, concessions, traffic on game day, the smell of cups, recruiting, play calling, hot, defense, metal detectors, and on and on and on. I know I?ve left a ton out. We are the bitchiest fan base in America and it cannot be close. I love this board because there is good info, but damn it has become infested lately with trolls who come up with anything they can find to be negative about. And here I am, being negative about the trolls.... damnit

I said a couple of weeks ago our fan base is the most self sabotaging in the country. We get pissed when we are good. We get pisses when we are bad. We get pissed when we meet expectations. We get pissed when we build something new because everyone has a damn opinion about why it won't be the best or what they should have done different.

I'm convinced there is nothing we could do to please everyone including a national title.

BrunswickDawg
09-25-2019, 07:15 AM

I'm trying to figure out from his post what I'm supposed to be mad about. Am I supposed to be mad that we have an IPF? Mad that our IPF is old? Mad that it isn't too small? Mad that someone wants to build a new one? Mad that Raffy gave us money and if we get a new one he might be mad? Mad that we finally painted the plywood walls? Mad that we practiced indoors (checks weather) when it was 97 degrees for a 3rd day in a row? Mad that the indoor practice is why we lost to Kentuc.... oh wait.

I hope my sarcasm meter is broken and I am missing something.

monroedawg5646
09-25-2019, 07:19 AM
I just hope after Jerry finally drops the bag off at Dak?s house the new Prescott Indoor Facility will soon follow.

TrapGame
09-25-2019, 08:04 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Rick Danko again.

hacker
09-25-2019, 08:22 AM
Therapist: What do we do when we want to wallow in our own misery all the time?

Me: read elitedawgs?

Therapist: no

Cooterpoot
09-25-2019, 08:35 AM
Our fans are no worse than the rest of college football. You guys need to stop with that bullshit.

MedDawg
09-25-2019, 08:36 AM

Apparently Mullen only used the Palmeiro IPF about 4 times a year, I figure Moorhead uses it a lot more. We already have top-class facilities that usually go with an IPF (weight room, training rooms). The current IPF is probably good enough for practice and looks better after covering the plywood, so the main reason to build a new one is for recruiting. Still, that's a reason, and it would have more room and better lighting which couldn't hurt. Also, a new IPF would look better for other uses like fan day, ladies' football camp, etc., and those uses often get videoed and make the news, so a new IPF would help the whole athletic program some, too.

ScoobaDawg
09-25-2019, 09:12 AM
*scratches head* Did I miss something? We are building a new IPF?

Coach007
09-25-2019, 09:22 AM

Not everybody just the "collection" here.

Coach007
09-25-2019, 09:23 AM
I'm trying to figure out from his post what I'm supposed to be mad about. Am I supposed to be mad that we have an IPF? Mad that our IPF is old? Mad that it isn't too small? Mad that someone wants to build a new one? Mad that Raffy gave us money and if we get a new one he might be mad? Mad that we finally painted the plywood walls? Mad that we practiced indoors (checks weather) when it was 97 degrees for a 3rd day in a row? Mad that the indoor practice is why we lost to Kentuc.... oh wait.

ALL OF IT! The Collection demands it!

Coach007
09-25-2019, 09:26 AM
Our fans are no worse than the rest of college football. You guys need to stop with that bullshit.

LOL!

Jack Lambert
09-25-2019, 09:29 AM
I just hope after Jerry finally drops the bag off at Dak?s house the new Prescott Indoor Facility will soon follow.

We have 20 guys in the NFL I wonder how much all their salaries combine is.

Jack Lambert
09-25-2019, 09:31 AM

In a way I agree. We only have a few on this board who suck but they are really good at sucking and it makes it seems like we have a lot of bad fans on this board.

Maroonthirteen
09-25-2019, 10:17 AM
Elitedawgs May have a negative slant. But in all
My years of being a State fan, I’ve meet very few State fans that are as knowledgeable and follow the program as close as the people here.

R2Dawg
09-25-2019, 11:26 AM
Elitedawgs May have a negative slant. But in all
My years of being a State fan, I?ve meet very few State fans that are as knowledgeable and follow the program as close as the people here.

I agree, MSU has some of the best fans anywhere. It only takes a few to turn a conversation into negative. I have no issue with folks discussing issues, ideas. Doesn't mean it is negative. Just let folks vent and move on. Now too many complaining about complaining. Where does it end.

Back to the topic. Anyone see the UGA indoor facility on SEC special? It ain't no better than Palmero center.

Commercecomet24
09-25-2019, 11:47 AM
I love the differing views that are offered on this board(even when they're different from mine), it's what makes it so great. You can't learn if you're not willing to listen to opposing ideas with an open mind. The only problem I have is when points are belabored and repeated over and over and over. This board definitely contains some of the most knowledgeable and passionate posters anywhere, and the info that is delivered here is the best and most accurate without question.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-25-2019, 12:17 PM
I'm convinced there is nothing we could do to please everyone including a national title.

Not me, I'll be to busy like this....

https://media1.giphy.com/media/5GoVLqeAOo6PK/giphy.gif

and the wife would be too...

https://media1.giphy.com/media/MVDPX3gaKFPuo/giphy.gif

msbulldog
09-25-2019, 12:30 PM
I think we are a pretty DAMN good fan base. We've been through some very bad times and we're still here!

Todd4State
09-25-2019, 02:03 PM

I'm the same way. I'm not sure what the problem is here?

Todd4State
09-25-2019, 02:05 PM
I said a couple of weeks ago our fan base is the most self sabotaging in the country. We get pissed when we are good. We get pisses when we are bad. We get pissed when we meet expectations. We get pissed when we build something new because everyone has a damn opinion about why it won't be the best or what they should have done different.

If we ever win a National Title our fans will argue that the entire league was down and that we really were lucky and what we did wasn't sustainable. And that we lose a lot next year so it's not going to be as good of a year.

Commercecomet24
09-25-2019, 02:14 PM
If we ever win a National Title our fans will argue that the entire league was down and that we really were lucky and what we did wasn't sustainable. And that we lose a lot next year so it's not going to be as good of a year.

This made me laugh cause its true!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Todd4State again.

deadheaddawg
09-25-2019, 02:36 PM

lol

Dawgbite
09-25-2019, 02:43 PM
Have any of you guys been in the Palmeiro Center lately? I was in it saturday and its pretty damn nice if you ask me. Sure one end has baseball turf and a batting cage in the corner but what more do they need ? Windows with a view of Highway 12.

Cooterpoot
09-25-2019, 02:45 PM
Next week, most of you guys bitching about the fans will be bitching about the team too if we lose. Just like the rest of the fans in the conference do when their teams lose or have perceived down years.
As for practicing in the heat, deaths and lawsuits are the reason we went inside.

Cooterpoot
09-25-2019, 02:46 PM
Have any of you guys been in the Palmeiro Center lately? I was in it saturday and its pretty damn nice if you ask me. Sure one end has baseball turf and a batting cage in the corner but what more do they need ? Windows with a view of Highway 12.

It’s the worst IPF in the SEC by a mile. It’s not very nice and was designed for baseball.

Todd4State
09-25-2019, 03:25 PM

I'll say this as a baseball fan- I'd like to see football have their own so that baseball can use it even more exclusively.

R2Dawg
09-25-2019, 03:57 PM

You are somewhat correct as we heard that from our fans but mostly from other teams in 1998 when we won the west. You never heard that or ever will hear me say that. We or anyone wins a NC, you are good, period. In late 90s MSU was good, not because one or two teams were down; they were down because we were good. It is all relative. Maybe only reason Bama is good is because everyone else is down?

ejdallas322
09-25-2019, 07:02 PM
We should add an indoor facility connecting to the back of Leo Seals

Todd4State
09-25-2019, 08:19 PM
You are somewhat correct as we heard that from our fans but mostly from other teams in 1998 when we won the west. You never heard that or ever will hear me say that. We or anyone wins a NC, you are good, period. In late 90s MSU was good, not because one or two teams were down; they were down because we were good. It is all relative. Maybe only reason Bama is good is because everyone else is down?

So true. I was around then and heard all of it. I'm not sure why a lot of MSU fans feel the need to be over "objective". Shoot- we have fans that agree with LSU fans that Rod Gibson didn't get for a TD in 1999. What other fan base does that?

Cooterpoot
09-25-2019, 08:23 PM
No State fans thought less of 98. That’s a load of BS. OM fans pushed that crap along with mouthpiece media.

BrunswickDawg
09-25-2019, 09:17 PM
No State fans thought less of 98. That’s a load of BS. OM fans pushed that crap along with mouthpiece media.

Yeah we do have fans like that. Just like we've had plenty on this board blow off the LSU/A&M/AU run in '14 as "not quality wins because they didn't finish Top 25", or down play beating AU & A&M last year.

Ezsoil
09-25-2019, 09:55 PM

I'm just so damn glad they either painted the plywood or actually bought maroon panels for the indoor facility.

jacksondawg
09-25-2019, 10:19 PM
We just added this to the Palmeiro Center too
https://twitter.com/HailState/status/1174065491859714048?s=20

Bothrops
09-25-2019, 11:31 PM

Our Shira weightroom is nicer than OMs' football weight room.

BB30
09-26-2019, 09:58 AM

^This is why we can't have nice things^** Dude, it is simply for recruiting. If we don't use it but 10 times a year it will be worth it for recruiting. You have to have nice new state of the art facilities. It makes perfect sense and I am not really sure why you can't see it. The team practices outside a lot of the time but it is always nice to have a new facility to show off. We have the money might as well use it.

From your point of view, why do we even have the Palmeiro Center? Why can't baseball just practice outside even when its pouring or freezing in January and February. Those kids need to toughen up**

gtowndawg
09-26-2019, 10:42 AM

Who will use that weightroom? Football has their own, will this be for baseball? Other sports?

yjnkdawg
09-26-2019, 12:30 PM

Not on here it won't happen. Some don't even post on here when things are going good. However, let there be a a bump or two in the road (our athletic programs but specifically JoeMo's football program), and here comes the negative onslaught of threads, and replies.