PDA

View Full Version : SEC Now

monroedawg5646
09-24-2019, 10:31 PM
Giving a little breakdown of the matchup with the Barn. Rodgers and Shockley were very complimentary of both Kylin and Shrader?s play. In contrast were very critical of the Auburn offense. Rodgers even saying their rushing attack is a ?mirage?, and that Shoop will have an excellent game plan going in.

Bdawg
09-24-2019, 10:38 PM
Well he better, because I'm glad KY kept throwing it. But I guess Shoop could have adjusted more to stop the run if they really stuck with it. I just can't believe they didn't.

Pollodawg
09-24-2019, 10:55 PM
I just don’t see it. I still think our absolute ceiling is 9-4, with loses, obviously, to KSU, Bama, AU, and LSU. Texas AM just doesn’t scare me.

Coach007
09-24-2019, 11:18 PM
Giving a little breakdown of the matchup with the Barn. Rodgers and Shockley were very complimentary of both Kylin and Shrader?s play. In contrast were very critical of the Auburn offense. Rodgers even saying their rushing attack is a ?mirage?, and that Shoop will have an excellent game plan going in.

Yep!

And reminder that Game day people picked UK over MS St. Except for Lee

Homedawg
09-24-2019, 11:32 PM
Yep!

And reminder that Game day people picked UK over MS St. Except for Lee
They picked us over Kansas st... so they are 50-50

DancingRabbit
09-25-2019, 12:25 AM
I just watched Gus' presser. He seemed a little worried. He gave us props and noted the ass-kicking last year.

I know it's slim, but we got a chance.

I would say our absolute ceiling is 9-4 also. And of course that's generous. But we might get Aubie insted of aTm.

Maroonthirteen
09-25-2019, 07:26 AM
They picked us over Kansas st... so they are 50-50

I believe that would make them 2-0. 2 wrong picks and neither right. Ha!

TrapGame
09-25-2019, 08:02 AM
Heard the Brad Edwards repeat interview on OOB this am. He was not very impressed with AU's offense.

Jack Lambert
09-25-2019, 08:06 AM
Like I said before I will not go out and say MSU wins but it is not a for gone conclusion they lose. If you put a gun to my head and said I had to bet money, my money would go on Auburn.

Many on this board were KY fans last week. This week they are Auburn fans and I guess in two weeks they will be Tenn fans. State fans are the worse.

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2019, 08:10 AM
Heard the Brad Edwards repeat interview on OOB this am. He was not very impressed with AU's offense.

Gonna have to tackle well on the edges.

Auburn's offense isn't dynamic, but Gus will stretch our defense sideline to sideline in hopes that someone misses a tackle. If we tackle well, we'll go into the 4th quarter with a chance to win

basedog
09-25-2019, 08:12 AM
They also interviewed Shrader who is way beyond maturity for a Freshman, seems pretty serious and pretty focused.

I have to laugh when they talked about Shrader's mechanics and even showed footage of what he needs to work on. Sorry Shotgun as you are wrong about throwing motion as that isn't the issue. It's all about feet and squaring up, again the footage they showed was spot on!

Auburn will be a tall order, we will need breaks and play our best to beat them, it could happen, can't imagine the Joe haters IF we pull it off!

HailState! Shrader>Nix

FriarsPoint
09-25-2019, 08:13 AM
Gonna have to tackle well on the edges.

Auburn's offense isn't dynamic, but Gus will stretch our defense sideline to sideline in hopes that someone misses a tackle. If we tackle well, we'll go into the 4th quarter with a chance to win

From tape I saw of the UK game, this will be a big issue. Consistent problem still popping up, tackling.

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2019, 08:17 AM
From tape I saw of the UK game, this will be a big issue. Consistent problem still popping up, tackling.

Absolutely. It's biggest issue that will decide if we have a chance to win this or not.

Maroonthirteen
09-25-2019, 10:11 AM
I hate to say it...... I saw auburn play Oregon. That’s it. I’ve seen us play all 4 games. I’m worried about us stopping the run vs auburn. If we had last years Defense vs a Freshman led auburn offense.... I’d love our chances. However last years defense is gone...... so I’m really worried that all Nix will have to do is hand the ball off.

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2019, 10:14 AM
I hate to say it...... I saw auburn play Oregon. That’s it. I’ve seen us play all 4 games. I’m worried about us stopping the run vs auburn. If we had last years Defense vs a Freshman led auburn offense.... I’d love our chances. However last years defense is gone...... so I’m really worried that all Nix will have to do is hand the ball off.

I just don't think it's that simple. If Auburn is one dimensional, Shoop is a really really good DC & with dial up run blitzes.

We may not stop Auburn consistently, but, if we can hit on some run blitzes & put Auburn in 2nd & long situations, I think the defense can off the field.

Everyone looks at Kentucky's yards per rush & ask "Why didn't Kentucky run the ball more?".

It's a fair question, but the reason Kentucky didn't run the ball more is because Shoop made adjustments & gave them looks that forced them to throw. I have no doubt he'll do the same vs Auburn. And, if Auburn still attempts to run, I bet our run defense looks a lot better

Maroonthirteen
09-25-2019, 10:19 AM
I just don't think it's that simple. If Auburn is one dimensional, Shoop is a really really good DC & with dial up run blitzes.

We may not stop Auburn consistently, but, if we can hit on some run blitzes & put Auburn in 2nd & long situations, I think the defense can off the field.

Everyone looks at Kentucky's yards per rush & ask "Why didn't Kentucky run the ball more?".

It's a fair question, but the reason Kentucky didn't run the ball more is because Shoop made adjustments & gave them looks that forced them to throw. I have no doubt he'll do the same vs Auburn. And, if Auburn still attempts to run, I bet our run defense looks a lot better

I hope you’re right.

TrapGame
09-25-2019, 10:23 AM

I wonder how many times did A&M blitz Nix? 3rd and long is going to be interesting for AU.

BrunswickDawg
09-25-2019, 12:15 PM
I wonder how many times did A&M blitz Nix? 3rd and long is going to be interesting for AU.

Hard to tell from stats - A&M had 1 Sack, 4 QBH, 8 TFLs. AU had 6 3rd and long situations and converted zero, and were only 4 of 12 overall on 3rd down conversions.

RougeDawg
09-25-2019, 12:36 PM
If we can shore up the tackling we win the game. Shoop has put the defensive players in positions to be successful. They just have whiffed on too many tackles. Start making the tackles and they will be successful. Hopefully that starts happening soon and hopefully this week. Tackling has been the difference in every game. Our guys are there to make they play. Just have to start doing it.

Commercecomet24
09-25-2019, 12:47 PM
If we can shore up the tackling we win the game. Shoop has put the defensive players in positions to be successful. They just have whiffed on too many tackles. Start making the tackles and they will be successful. Hopefully that starts happening soon and hopefully this week. Tackling has been the difference in every game. Our guys are there to make they play. Just have to start doing it.

This. Shoop has great design and it's obvious they study film and tendencies big time, because we are there to make the plays but miss to many tackles. No telling how many TFL's we have missed this year.

Coach007
09-25-2019, 01:12 PM
This is a perfect example of a great thread.

We can point out our challenges in this game and our strengths with out it going to crap.

TrapGame
09-25-2019, 02:07 PM
This. Shoop has great design and it's obvious they study film and tendencies big time, because we are there to make the plays but miss to many tackles. No telling how many TFL's we have missed this year.

That's why I think we are a better defense then we think we are. Not elite like last year but we could be hell for some teams come November.

Commercecomet24
09-25-2019, 02:13 PM
That's why I think we are a better defense then we think we are. Not elite like last year but we could be hell for some teams come November.

Yeah I feel the same way.