PDA

View Full Version : Kylin Hill is only 26 carries away from last years total touches

Coach007
09-24-2019, 10:24 AM
Lat year he carried the ball 127 times. This year through 4 games, 91 attempts.

Had he not gone out in the USM game, he would be about 16 away.

And he is 184 yards from having more yards than all of last year

msstate7
09-24-2019, 10:30 AM
Wonder how he'll hold up. Last year, he got 10.64 carries a game. He's at 22.75 this season. That's quite a jump... quite a bit more hits

Jack Lambert
09-24-2019, 10:38 AM
Wonder how he'll hold up. Last year, he got 10.64 carries a game. He's at 22.75 this season. That's quite a jump... quite a bit more hits

Have you stood next to that guy? He can hold up. He trained to be able to hold up.

dantheman4248
09-24-2019, 10:40 AM
Have you stood next to that guy? He can hold up. He trained to be able to hold up.

Our S&C has me worried. Also he did have to go off the field for a period for both the ULaLa and USM games.

Coach007
09-24-2019, 10:44 AM

And if you look at it, this is by design. This is where JoMo wants it to be. Shrader only rushed it 11 time vs UK.

VS ULL, Stevens 11 carries, Hill 27
Vs USM Stevens 9 carries/Shrader 6... Hill 14 (injured) and 26 total for all backs.

VS K St... same balance

ZedFedder
09-24-2019, 10:45 AM
Why do we think his carries have gone up? No Fitzgerald keeping it as much, Moorhead?

Coach007
09-24-2019, 11:05 AM
Why do we think his carries have gone up? No Fitzgerald keeping it as much, Moorhead?

Moorhead complained last year about it. Openly saying he didn't want Fitz runnning that much that he wanted the QB to run it 10-14 times.

Jack Lambert
09-24-2019, 11:07 AM
Our S&C has me worried. Also he did have to go off the field for a period for both the ULaLa and USM games.

I have been working out since I was 15. I am a well put together guy. I understand weight training and can look at a guy and know what he can do and what he has done. I stood next to and shook his hand. I don't know what the S&C coach is doing but I do know this guy has put a lot of extra time in the weight room.

Todd4State
09-24-2019, 11:42 AM
I have been working out since I was 15. I am a well put together guy. I understand weight training and can look at a guy and know what he can do and what he has done. I stood next to and shook his hand. I don't know what the S&C coach is doing but I do know this guy has put a lot of extra time in the weight room.

He was doing back squats at 500 pounds and was doing reps with that. No telling what his max is but it's probably around 550 at least.

So yeah- he's spent some time in the weight room.

Todd4State
09-24-2019, 11:43 AM

YES.

DancingRabbit
09-24-2019, 12:08 PM
The whole off season, "Kylin might be great if he ever got the ball in Joe's pass-happy offense"

Four games in, "Joe's going run Kylin into the ground"

He might have got a couple less carries if RB2 and RB3 weren't dinged up.

Tbonewannabe
09-24-2019, 12:25 PM
The whole off season, "Kylin might be great if he ever got the ball in Joe's pass-happy offense"

Four games in, "Joe's going run Kylin into the ground"

He might have got a couple less carries if RB2 and RB3 weren't dinged up.

Some people will complain about anything. The bottom line is he might be getting a few extra carries when Gibson went down. It is what it is. Having a freshman back up will probably cause him to take a few more carries at least until they feel more confident in Weatherspoon being out there more. People bitch about Aeris not being out there enough last year but now are bitching that Kylin is out there too much. I swear if we won the SEC West at 7-1 because Bama lost to Auburn and LSU that people would bitch that we didn't deserve it because we lost one game to Bama.

hacker
09-24-2019, 12:36 PM
He was doing back squats at 500 pounds and was doing reps with that. No telling what his max is but it's probably around 550 at least.

So yeah- he's spent some time in the weight room.

He did 5 x 525 in that video. Using a 1 rep max calculator, it puts him at around 615 max.

hacker
09-24-2019, 12:38 PM
Also, 127-91 is not 26

TrapGame
09-24-2019, 12:48 PM
Also, 127-91 is not 26

https://media1.tenor.com/images/aafae62a4840af28746f2a78825b2685/tenor.gif?itemid=12248976

dantheman4248
09-24-2019, 01:20 PM
No one complained in this thread about Kylin’s carries. Some of us are just rightfully wary of some concerns that have shown up. If I was coach Kylin would have averaged 30 carries a game last year and this year...

Jack Lambert
09-24-2019, 01:31 PM
No one complained in this thread about Kylin’s carries. Some of us are just rightfully wary of some concerns that have shown up. If I was coach Kylin would have averaged 30 carries a game last year and this year...

I always question was it Fitz making the decision to run the ball and not hand it off.

StarkVegasSteve
09-24-2019, 01:40 PM
I always question was it Fitz making the decision to run the ball and not hand it off.

I think Joe has said something to that effect a few times in the off season and that he wanted the running back to get more carries. Similar to his backs at both Fordham and Penn St.

DancingRabbit
09-24-2019, 01:59 PM
Most 100 yard rushing games this season:

4 Kylin Hill, Miss St
3 Cam Akers, FSU
3 Chuba Hubbard, Okla St
3 Benny LeMay, Charlotte
3 CJ Marable, Coastal Carolina
3 Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin
3 Charles Williams, UNLV

Four games, four 100-yard games. Will he get a fif?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/vt7nGsTDkKq3K/giphy.gif

Tbonewannabe
09-24-2019, 02:01 PM
Most 100 yard rushing games this season:

4 Kylin Hill, Miss St
3 Cam Akers, FSU
3 Chuba Hubbard, Okla St
3 Benny LeMay, Charlotte
3 CJ Marable, Coastal Carolina
3 Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin
3 Charles Williams, UNLV

Four games, four 100-yard games. Will he get a fif?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/vt7nGsTDkKq3K/giphy.gif

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DancingRabbit again. I just wish I could give you rep for the GIF.

Tbonewannabe
09-24-2019, 02:03 PM

I am not sure if Fitz had the SEC QB rushing record in his sights, just trusted himself more, or was baited into keeping the ball by the defense. Something happened last year that no other QB under Moorhead has done in his offense. I think this also points to how different his offense ran last year compared to how it usually runs.

DancingRabbit
09-24-2019, 02:37 PM
I am not sure if Fitz had the SEC QB rushing record in his sights, just trusted himself more, or was baited into keeping the ball by the defense. Something happened last year that no other QB under Moorhead has done in his offense. I think this also points to how different his offense ran last year compared to how it usually runs.

I don't think Fitz chasing the record had much or any bearing on it. Mostly wrong reads, not knowing the offense cold thus slower decisions then reverting to instincts and improvising.

Under different circumstances I think Joe might have sat Fitz at certain times and given KT more chances; but being Joe was new and with Fitz' injury and semi-hero status I think he was afraid to tinker too much. I don't think KT showed enough for Joe to risk a QB controversy if you're flip flopping QBs. Just my theory, could be way off.

Tbonewannabe
09-24-2019, 03:34 PM
I don't think Fitz chasing the record had much or any bearing on it. Mostly wrong reads, not knowing the offense cold thus slower decisions then reverting to instincts and improvising.

Under different circumstances I think Joe might have sat Fitz at certain times and given KT more chances; but being Joe was new and with Fitz' injury and semi-hero status I think he was afraid to tinker too much. I don't think KT showed enough for Joe to risk a QB controversy if you're flip flopping QBs. Just my theory, could be way off.

Yep, he was kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't on Fitz as QB. He also didn't have a Shrader on the roster that fit his offense better anyway. KT wasn't any more accurate than Fitz was in his limited reps. Both were better runners than throwers.

Todd4State
09-24-2019, 10:15 PM

I believe Joe was VERY close to doing that after the LSU game. And then Fitz seemed to straighten up after that. In hindsight I wished he had threatened to bench him after K-State last year.

DancingRabbit
09-24-2019, 11:05 PM
I believe Joe was VERY close to doing that after the LSU game. And then Fitz seemed to straighten up after that. In hindsight I wished he had threatened to bench him after K-State last year.

After Dan joked while Fitz' foot pointed in the wrong direction, and soon after left for greener pastures, I can see Fitz's head not always being in the right frame.

I think Joe handled it the right way. I love Fitz. It's history. But new coach transitions are rarely without some bumps.