PDA

View Full Version : While the Vol Navy burns ... Pete Thamel eviscerates Fulmer and UT.

DancingRabbit
09-23-2019, 04:10 PM
There are some great gems in here.

First sentence in the article

Throughout his career, Tennessee athletic director Phillip Fulmer has earned the reputation as a relentless backstabber.

If history is any guide, expect Fulmer to begin lining up to take over as the head coach in Tennessee in the next few weeks.

There are still divisive factions running amok at Tennessee. Booster Charlie Anderson badly wanted Pruitt as the coach and didn?t think that Dan Mullen had won enough for the job, as the records dump of Tennessee?s athletic department from that time reads like a diary of dysfunction. Booster John ?Thunder? Thornton wanted Fulmer back desperately as athletic director, as he like many at Tennessee are so wed to the past that it?s ruining the athletic department?s future.

Tennessee?s last coaching change may appear seamless compared to what the university faces in the wake of Fulmer hiring Pruitt. Mind you, Currie had gone out and courted Mike Leach, who was likely to leave Washington State for the job. (This was after a public coup essentially ended Greg Schiano?s candidacy.) Fulmer also interviewed Mel Tucker, who is off to a strong start at Colorado.

Instead, they hired a coach that Mississippi State passed on, much because Fulmer?s world view remains trapped in 1990s football. Pruitt?s hire is an attempt to jam a VHS of his own glory days back on the school.

Just so Fulmer knows, the running joke around the league is that they expect him to wait until Tennessee clears the difficult portion of its schedule before he coronates himself. Fulmer, forever attempting to augment the legend of Fulmer, will of course wait until Tennessee gets pummeled by the likes of Georgia, Mississippi State and Alabama before naming himself coach.

https://sports.yahoo.com/10-takeaways-how-bad-can-it-get-at-tennessee-070643715.html

TrapGame
09-23-2019, 04:26 PM
Return of the Great Pumpkin.

Great Pumpkin 2: Orange Crush Boogaloo.

Coursesuper
09-23-2019, 04:33 PM
You should have heard Coach Majors talk about Fulmer, it ain't nice.

BrunswickDawg
09-23-2019, 04:33 PM
Return of the Great Pumpkin.

Great Pumpkin 2: Orange Crush Boogaloo.

I would give rep for that Breakin' 2 reference, but alas, I must spread some around first.

DownwardDawg
09-23-2019, 04:42 PM
Please let this happen. Dear Lord please let Fat Phil take over as HC. Preferably the week before we play them!!!!

Commercecomet24
09-23-2019, 05:01 PM
You always supposed to leave them wanting more. If fat Phil comes back it will destroy any legacy he has with that bunch in Knoxville. Love to see it happen!

TUSK
09-23-2019, 05:07 PM
Gee, I never saw this comin’.....

This is the same cat that had a yuge hand in burying Bammer in the late 90s.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2019, 05:08 PM
Gee, I never saw this comin’.....

This is the same cat that had a yuge hand in burying Bammer in the late 90s.

Phil is a huge slime ball. Waste of flesh

DancingRabbit
09-23-2019, 07:52 PM
Hilarious clip from Saturday

Lance Harbor
09-23-2019, 08:24 PM
Sames. Orange Bandana on Turbo Fulmer

I would give rep for that Breakin' 2 reference, but alas, I must spread some around first.

parabrave
09-23-2019, 08:30 PM
Hilarious clip from Saturday

Well to be fair this would be any kid under 25.

basedog
09-23-2019, 09:13 PM

+1. Johnny Majors has a heart attack, laid up in the hospital and Fat Ass is lobbying to be HC while stabbing Majors in the back. I remember Major talking about this slime ball! Never cared for him!!!

Commercecomet24
09-23-2019, 09:17 PM
+1. Johnny Majors has a heart attack, laid up in the hospital and Fat Ass is lobbying to be HC while stabbing Majors in the back. I remember Major talking about this slime ball! Never cared for him!!!

Exactly! Just not a good human being.

DancingRabbit
09-23-2019, 09:56 PM

Yep. I liked Johnny Majors. Kinda reminded me of Jackie.

It was hilarious when Fat Phil wouldn't come to SEC media days. Was there a warrant out or something?

ETA - not warrant, someone was going to serve him papers

Commercecomet24
09-23-2019, 09:59 PM

It was hilarious when Fat Phil wouldn't come to SEC media days. Was there a warrant out or something?

Yeah Johnny was alright.

ETA Johnny and Jackie were pretty good friends.

TUSK
09-23-2019, 10:01 PM

There was a lawsuit vs Fulmer, a recruiting guru & the ncaa for their methodology in the Albert Means scandal.

There was a subpoena waiting on him in Bham and he just paid the fine and didn’t show.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2019, 10:05 PM
There was a lawsuit vs Fulmer, a recruiting guru & the ncaa for their methodology in the Albert Means scandal.

There was a subpoena waiting on him in Bham and he just paid the fine and didn’t show.

Fat Phil has to be the worlds largest sissy

KentuckyDawg13
09-24-2019, 10:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeFcOHSrzeg