PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Stevens

basedog
09-23-2019, 02:39 PM
Just read what Joe had to say about TS, doesn't sound like he will be ready to play this weekend. He sounds like he is going with Shrader, said he is more mature than most freshman QB.

We shall see, anything can happen on any given Saturday. 11 point underdog sounds about right.

Bothrops
09-23-2019, 02:51 PM
If Stevens sits Auburn, hopefully he will be healed by the time of the Tennessee game. If not, he's probably done.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2019, 02:51 PM
Is that what Joe said?

I thought he said Stevens may return to practice Tuesday.

Plus, Joe's press conferences don't seem to be trustworthy

Doggie_Style
09-23-2019, 02:55 PM
If Stevens sits Auburn, hopefully he will be healed by the time of the Tennessee game. If not, he's probably done.

Could be Joe is just making Auburn prepare for both QB's

Jack Lambert
09-23-2019, 02:55 PM
Is that what Joe said?

I don't blame. Leave youe opponent guessing so they have to spend split time preparing.

basedog
09-23-2019, 02:56 PM

Sounds about right, I'm hoping he will heal up but I do think his shoulder is worse than first thought. Shrader hopefully will stay healthy, tough kid and is improving quickly. By the way, only thing I see in his throwing motion, needs to get a little strong, he showed some touch and he can zip the ball when need to! Not many QB's have perfect form and his isn't that bad as has been stated. Over time he will be much improved with throwing the ball. But when you are 17-22 not much more you can do to improve.
And yes I once played the position. LOL!

Bothrops
09-23-2019, 02:58 PM
Could be Joe is just making Auburn prepare for both QB's

Likely case too.

basedog
09-23-2019, 03:00 PM
Is that what Joe said?

I just read it, didn't sound as if Stevens is ready, he never said what was really wrong with shoulder except to say "something other" meaning he ain't saying if it's sore, bruised or worse.

It could be a cover up, even if Stevens plays I bet Shrader gets much playing time. Foolish to think about redshirting him since he has more snaps than Stevens, plus what IF Stevens plays say the next few games and we hold Shrader back, then Stevens goes down late in the season?

I'd play him in every game regardless. His shown he can lead and win!

Coach007
09-23-2019, 03:03 PM
He's returning to practice, and I assume he's not tipping his hand.

Maroonthirteen
09-23-2019, 03:08 PM
Only rumor I?ve heard about what?s really wrong with TS, is from Out of Bound this morning. Partially separated shoulder.

If that?s his injury, TS isn?t playing for weeks.

What we did learn from Moorhead last week, he isn?t telling what the True situation is.

TrapGame
09-23-2019, 03:08 PM
I read Horka's article and I think Joe mentioned something about it's a day to day thing. He's real coy. I'm sure part of it is gamesmanship.

DancingRabbit
09-23-2019, 03:10 PM
That's too bad, but IMO if Tommy can't practice normally I would start Shrader. I'm fine with keeping it all under wraps.

One thing that's intriguing about Shrader starting is the Freshman QB match-up.

basedog
09-23-2019, 03:13 PM
That's too bad, but IMO if Tommy can't practice normally I would start Shrader. I'm fine with keeping it all under wraps.

One thing that's intriguing about Shrader starting is the Freshman QB match-up.

From what little I've seen from Bo Nix, and a lot from watching Shrader, well I'm all Maroon on who I like better!

Maroonthirteen
09-23-2019, 03:14 PM
Steve said Shrader and KT were ready to go vs Kentucky. KT didn’t play simply because Shrader performed well. If Auburn really gets some hits on Shrader. If I’m Moorhead, I have a quick hook and insert KT.

TrapGame
09-23-2019, 03:41 PM
Steve said Shrader and KT were ready to go vs Kentucky. KT didn’t play simply because Shrader performed well. If Auburn really gets some hits on Shrader. If I’m Moorhead, I have a quick hook and insert KT.

That kid's pretty damn elusive. The announcers mentioned Saturday that Shrader loves having Gay and Thompson coming after him in practice. He studies their tendencies and tries look at film of opposing defenses the same way. I guess it's like poker and he's looking for the tell if they blitz or back off in coverage.

basedog
09-23-2019, 03:42 PM
More rumors I’m hearing on Stevens, sounds about right.

wild_dawg
09-23-2019, 03:54 PM
If TS isn't 100%, start Shrader. Not sure if it'll be enough to win this weekend, but he gives you a better shot than an injured TS. Right now, I'd take Shrader over Bo Nix.

Leroy Jenkins
09-23-2019, 03:55 PM
Just read what Joe had to say about TS, doesn't sound like he will be ready to play this weekend. He sounds like he is going with Shrader, said he is more mature than most freshman QB.

We shall see, anything can happen on any given Saturday. 11 point underdog sounds about right.

I watched the interview and the impression I got was Joe truly does not know. He did say it was a different injury to the same shoulder. Mechanically different. Reevaluate Tuesday

ETA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8dT7v6x5l4

Todd4State
09-23-2019, 04:56 PM
Only rumor I?ve heard about what?s really wrong with TS, is from Out of Bound this morning. Partially separated shoulder.

If that?s his injury, TS isn?t playing for weeks.

What we did learn from Moorhead last week, he isn?t telling what the True situation is.

That's interesting because I heard it was a deep bruise.

DancingRabbit
09-23-2019, 05:11 PM
I just watched Joe's remarks. Naming injured players who would practice Tuesday he made a point that for Tommy it would be limited.

Who do you give backup reps to this week? Sounds like KT is still not 100%.

dawgday166
09-23-2019, 05:12 PM
I'm betting Tommy doesn't play much for us this year.

Cooterpoot
09-23-2019, 05:34 PM
Stevens won?t play.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2019, 05:49 PM
Frankly, I think it’s more important for us to know who the QB will be on Monday rather than who it actually is.

I think we can win with both guys but what screwed us vs K State was the sudden change. I submit to you that if we would’ve just played Shrader vs K State and prepared him all week, we would’ve won by 10 points

RougeDawg
09-23-2019, 06:28 PM
Frankly, I think it?s more important for us to know who the QB will be on Monday rather than who it actually is.

I think we can win with both guys but what screwed us vs K State was the sudden change. I submit to you that if we would?ve just played Shrader vs K State and prepared him all week, we would?ve won by 10 points

We also would?ve won if we simply kept running the ball when they were gassed in 2nd half. It was easy to see and we went pass happy again. Add in a competent special teams coach and we win by 2 scores against KState.

Quaoarsking
09-23-2019, 07:03 PM
Hmmm... if the injury to Stevens is serious, any chance we redshirt him? He could come back next year as a wise veteran playing the WR/RB/QB-hybrid role he played at Penn State and also be a backup QB in a pinch so we don't have to just have Shrader and a true freshman backup and that's it.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-23-2019, 07:19 PM
Frankly, I think it’s more important for us to know who the QB will be on Monday rather than who it actually is.

I think we can win with both guys but what screwed us vs K State was the sudden change. I submit to you that if we would’ve just played Shrader vs K State and prepared him all week, we would’ve won by 10 points

There is some truth to this. Like Bridgewater coming in after the game plan had been built around Brees against the Rams. Against Seattle, the Saints had built a game plan focusing on Bridgewater and he performed much better.

Lord McBuckethead
09-23-2019, 07:29 PM
Hmmm... if the injury to Stevens is serious, any chance we redshirt him? He could come back next year as a wise veteran playing the WR/RB/QB-hybrid role he played at Penn State and also be a backup QB in a pinch so we don't have to just have Shrader and a true freshman backup and that's it.

No. He already redshirted.

Dawgology
09-23-2019, 07:41 PM

Medical redshirt? He only played a game and a half

Quaoarsking
09-23-2019, 07:42 PM

If he can demonstrate he had an injury that kept him out of games in 2015, he could get a 6th year, assuming he doesn't play in more than 4 games this year due to his current injury. It happens some - the NCAA doesn't treat these situations with any consistency.