PDA

View Full Version : Houston QB King to Transfer

Political Hack
09-23-2019, 02:20 PM
Kid is a freak. Wonder where he's thinking.

Wouldn't shock me to see Mullen going after him knowing that his high school back up is starting at Florida right now. You figure they've got a relationship with the coach and possibly the family.

ScoobaDawg
09-23-2019, 02:24 PM
Interesting...
Houston quarterback D'Eriq King
https://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/QB-D-Eriq-King-up-in-air-on-future-14461767.php

RougeDawg
09-23-2019, 02:25 PM
King just broke Tebow’s consecutive games record with a rushing and passing TD In a game in their loss to Tulane Thursday. Now he’s sitting out rest of season to redshirt.

What Power 5 program is behind this? King broke a lot of Kyler Murray’s Texas high school records, which leads me to look at the power 5 southwest area programs as orchestrating this move. Time will tell.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/houston-qb-deriq-king-leaving-program-with-intent-to-transfer-his-father-says/

RougeDawg
09-23-2019, 02:27 PM
Just posted this in a new thread. Feel free to merge them. Sounds fishy.

Tbonewannabe
09-23-2019, 02:27 PM
So why is he thinking about sitting out? Having problems with the coaching staff? It is kind of weird to see this from someone who is having a great career and is the starter. Is this a case of someone becoming good and now wants to chase a National Title at a blue blood?

msstate7
09-23-2019, 02:29 PM
Follow Briles to FSU?

RougeDawg
09-23-2019, 02:33 PM
So why is he thinking about sitting out? Having problems with the coaching staff? It is kind of weird to see this from someone who is having a great career and is the starter. Is this a case of someone becoming good and now wants to chase a National Title at a blue blood?

Seems like it. What P5 programs need a QB next year? Start with that list and then rank them according to sleaziness of HC. That?s why I think A&M May be behind this. Oklahoma will need a QB next year too and this kid broke a lot of Kyler Murray?s HS records. I?m leaning these two and then Florida.

KOdawg1
09-23-2019, 02:36 PM
Oklahoma

Jack Lambert
09-23-2019, 02:41 PM
Kid is a freak. Wonder where he's thinking.

Wouldn't shock me to see Mullen going after him knowing that his high school back up is starting at Florida right now. You figure they've got a relationship with the coach and possibly the family.

I think Mullen would not pursue him. I think Mullen likes getting them green out of high school. I could be wrong.

Tbonewannabe
09-23-2019, 02:42 PM
Welcome to the new world of slimy recruiting. Could you imagine if Saban had come after Dak his senior year? I think this will be a bigger problem in the future. A lot of schools will become the minor leagues for the blue bloods.

Ezsoil
09-23-2019, 02:43 PM
Well I have gone to a few U of H games the past few years including last weeks game against Tulane... I don't know exactly what it is but comparing him last year before the injury and now...he seems to be a touch slower and whole lot less decisive just like Fitz. After seeing it in person I compare the difference to Fitz in the 2017 Alabama game and Fitz in the Outback Bowl ...

Irondawg
09-23-2019, 03:24 PM
This one is fishy just because he's the first guy I know of that was a starter to just basically quit after 4 games for reasons other than losing his job or injury.

Hopefully this is an isolated incident otherwise the NCAA will have to amend the rule.

deadheaddawg
09-23-2019, 03:36 PM
According to the kid, it's not yet final and more may he redshirting. That doesn't really sound like some P5 is poaching. It sounds more like internal issues with Houston

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/houston-qb-deriq-king-leaving-program-with-intent-to-transfer-his-father-says/

BrunswickDawg
09-23-2019, 03:38 PM
Bunch of other guys? Sounds like Holgerson has some issues in the locker room

I seen it dawg
09-23-2019, 05:28 PM
Kid not real good on the throwing side. Has a lot of work to do. He may be falling into their he trap well I'm just as good as mayfield Murray hurts Bryant so i can do the same as them and get mines.

starkvegasdawg
09-23-2019, 08:44 PM
According to the kid, it's not yet final and more may he redshirting. That doesn't really sound like some P5 is poaching. It sounds more like internal issues with Houston

If I want to be here or not...way to get the respect of your team. If I was his OL it'd be mighty hard to block with 100% effort to protect someone with that attitude.

dawgday166
09-23-2019, 08:50 PM
Kid not real good on the throwing side. Has a lot of work to do. He may be falling into their he trap well I'm just as good as mayfield Murray hurts Bryant so i can do the same as them and get mines.

Maybe there is some shady stuff going on but maybe the kid realizes he needs more development to get to the league. And plans to go after it. That's the low probability and low percentage play tho.

Political Hack
09-23-2019, 10:26 PM
Sounds like the coach has a coup on his hands.

MaroonFlounder
09-24-2019, 06:05 PM
Today's reports are that he's actually staying put at UH.

MetEdDawg
09-24-2019, 06:21 PM
Today's reports are that he's actually staying put at UH.

Makes sense. Wasted season because they are 1-3, kid has not great draft stock right now. Why not RS, come back next year with a conceivably better team and continuity with staff, and try to improve your draft stock on a better team.

I'm shocked more people haven't thought of doing this. If you season is lost after 4 games, which theirs is, why not use your RS if you've got it?

Ifyouonlyknew
09-24-2019, 06:37 PM
Makes sense. Wasted season because they are 1-3, kid has not great draft stock right now. Why not RS, come back next year with a conceivably better team and continuity with staff, and try to improve your draft stock on a better team.

I'm shocked more people haven't thought of doing this. If you season is lost after 4 games, which theirs is, why not use your RS if you've got it?

King is 5'8" 5'9" he doesn't have a career at QB. It would be smarter for his pro career to start playing WR.

turkish
09-24-2019, 06:46 PM

So ... quit on the season? If he can, why not 30 other players on the team?

Why not?!?! Because not quitting on your TEAM is the first thing anyone is taught in team sports. Ridiculous.

MetEdDawg
09-25-2019, 02:32 AM
So ... quit on the season? If he can, why not 30 other players on the team?

Why not?!?! Because not quitting on your TEAM is the first thing anyone is taught in team sports. Ridiculous.

I never said I agreed with it. But I understand the angle. People want to start paying players and giving them everything. This is another result of that culture. Me first, not the team. The kids control what they want to do technically. The coaches can tell them, but in the end the kids really have the control. By opening the transfer portal, talking about giving kids money for likeness, and all the other stuff going on, the kids are empowered more than ever to do whatever they think is best for themselves, not the team.

This would be a me move for sure. Like I said, I don't agree with it. But from a me perspective it makes perfect sense.

Tbonewannabe
09-25-2019, 07:59 AM
King is 5'8" 5'9" he doesn't have a career at QB. It would be smarter for his pro career to start playing WR.

Does Kyler Murray change this any just from his perspective? I know that Kyler was great at a higher level but if he thinks he is as good then maybe he thinks he has a shot at NFL as a QB.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-25-2019, 08:05 AM
Does Kyler Murray change this any just from his perspective? I know that Kyler was great at a higher level but if he thinks he is as good then maybe he thinks he has a shot at NFL as a QB.

I don't think so. I don't think King is anywhere close to the passer that Murray is.

Political Hack
09-25-2019, 09:41 AM
King will play NFL football. It may be an Antwan Randel El or Slash or Taysom Hill type role, but if he wants to play NFL football, he will. He's too good of an athlete to keep off the field.

It is selfish, but if it's the difference in him helping Houston to a big time bowl game or being a higher pick in the nfl draft, then it's worth it.