PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get s&p+ 2019 rankings now?

msstate7
09-23-2019, 10:23 AM
I know espn bought the rights, but they aren't easily found on the website or google. Someone help me, please

dantheman4248
09-23-2019, 10:24 AM
Take out the ampersand

Commercecomet24
09-23-2019, 10:24 AM
I know espn bought the rights, but they aren't easily found on the website or google. Someone help me, please

You're beyond help-just kidding!

msstate7
09-23-2019, 10:29 AM
Take out the ampersand

Still not able to locate. I thought I was decent at google skills, but i just can't get this one. I found em at one time by using a hyperlink from another page, but didn't bookmark

msstate7
09-23-2019, 10:30 AM
You're beyond help-just kidding!

No, you're right.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2019, 10:32 AM
No, you're right.

That's what I like about you, you don't take yourself to seriously, and your dang good with the stats. Good qualities.

Pipedream
09-23-2019, 10:34 AM
No, you're right.

https://t.co/fb2ooW7nQF

He tweets them out on Sunday afternoon. There might be a rankings page on ESPN but I don't have that link. Unfortunately he isn't doing the full stat profiles this year bc he switched from SB Nation to ESPN so late in the summer. Those stat profiles were awesome. Also, his system is killing it ATS this year. I think he's like 66% on the year. Really impressive. OT, but I know a lot of people talk about how "Vegas isn't in business to pick winners" and there is some truth to that, but their "updated line" aka closing line for every game picks the winning team 80% of the time so far this year. It's really accurate-3rd most accurate prediction data available per prediction tracker.

BrunswickDawg
09-23-2019, 10:38 AM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27677435/sp+-rankings-week-4-ohio-state-move

They do it as article now and it is hard to find

ETA: Still at #14. And would you look at that - Sleeping Giants are down to #18

msstate7
09-23-2019, 10:57 AM
Thanks

dantheman4248
09-23-2019, 11:02 AM
It’s the top google search for ESPN SP+

https://www.google.com/search?q=espn+sp%2B&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS590US591&oq=espn+sp&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i60l3j0j69i57.2360j0j7&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

sonofozarka
09-23-2019, 04:06 PM
https://t.co/fb2ooW7nQF

He tweets them out on Sunday afternoon. There might be a rankings page on ESPN but I don't have that link. Unfortunately he isn't doing the full stat profiles this year bc he switched from SB Nation to ESPN so late in the summer. Those stat profiles were awesome. Also, his system is killing it ATS this year. I think he's like 66% on the year. Really impressive. OT, but I know a lot of people talk about how "Vegas isn't in business to pick winners" and there is some truth to that, but their "updated line" aka closing line for every game picks the winning team 80% of the time so far this year. It's really accurate-3rd most accurate prediction data available per prediction tracker.

How do you calculate Connelly's picks ATS? Does he tweet/post score predictions somewhere or do you just use the difference in the 2 teams S&P ratings as the predicted score differential?

I would say Vegas definitely isn't in the business of picking winners, because they don't actually know what's going to happen in a game anymore than anyone else. But if they get equal money on both sides (their goal), they get the 10% juice no matter what. That should be anyone's goal in their position

The closing line is Vegas' reaction to the public's bets. But is picking the team that wins games (not ATS) in college football 80% of the time supposed to be some unreal predictive number? Over half of the games are complete mismatches, so I would say picking the winner 80% of the time isn't that great

dantheman4248
09-23-2019, 04:14 PM
Bill tweets a spreadsheet out every week if you follow him.

Pipedream
09-23-2019, 04:21 PM
How do you calculate Connelly's picks ATS? Does he tweet/post score predictions somewhere or do you just use the difference in the 2 teams S&P ratings as the predicted score differential?

I would say Vegas definitely isn't in the business of picking winners, because they don't actually know what's going to happen in a game anymore than anyone else. But if they get equal money on both sides (their goal), they get the 10% juice no matter what. That should be anyone's goal in their position

The closing line is Vegas' reaction to the public's bets. But is picking the team that wins games (not ATS) in college football 80% of the time supposed to be some unreal predictive number? Over half of the games are complete mismatches, so I would say picking the winner 80% of the time isn't that great

They aren't in the "business" of doing it, but they're really good at it. Yeah. 80% is a pretty sick number. Go pick every game for a year and see what your numbers look like. I'm not meaning that condescending, but you'd be amazed at how hard that is to do. The opening line is 77.6% right. Vegas picks the straight up winner 8 times out of 10. That's why it's important to use the spread as a tool to measure how your coach is performing. They're right an incredible amount.

TrapGame
09-23-2019, 04:23 PM
Tennessee at #63. Arkansas at #82. Yikes!

Commercecomet24
09-23-2019, 04:31 PM
Tennessee at #63. Arkansas at #82. Yikes!

How are they that high?

DancingRabbit
09-23-2019, 04:33 PM

You sparked my curiosity, so I hopped on Vegas Insider and started scrolling down - I wasn't going to count but it looked like nearly half the spreads were single digit.

The you have Arky and UT ha.

I thought I read sometime where 83% or 84% was some kind of record. Not sure if that was about a year or a longer stretch.

DancingRabbit
09-23-2019, 04:36 PM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27677435/sp+-rankings-week-4-ohio-state-move

They do it as article now and it is hard to find

ETA: Still at #14. And would you look at that - Sleeping Giants are down to #18

I think we actually slipped 1 spot. I think Auburn slipped 1 spot also with a win.

DownwardDawg
09-23-2019, 04:37 PM
No, you're right.

You’re alright 7. Don’t change brother.

Todd4State
09-23-2019, 04:52 PM
If we lose to all of the S&P teams ahead of us and win the ones we're ahead of- that's 8-4 and I would take that.

Auburn at 10 is only a few spots ahead of us. As I've said before- it's our biggest game of the season. Pull off the upset there and it could springboard us to a great season.