PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Auburn game

Coach007
09-22-2019, 05:09 PM
The magic number for Ms St is 400 yards of offense. We are 9-0 under Moorhead with that. We need a 200-250 passing day and a 200plus rushing day.

Auburn defense:

- Oregon.. 332 total yards.

Oregon is not setting the world on fire in the run game. They had 90

- Tulane. 200 plus yards

They allowed Tulane 120

- Kent St did not look

- TAMU---- 392 yards

only 56 on the ground, but remember this... their beast/stud RB is out for the season. And even then, he wasn't producing much.

TrapGame
09-22-2019, 05:23 PM
Looking at Nix's stats last night he's not much of a passer. Most of AU's yardage was rushing.

Coach007
09-22-2019, 05:28 PM
Looking at Nix's stats last night he's not much of a passer. Most of AU's yardage was rushing.

Which is why you play all our people.

Playing all of our guys gives MS ST a chance to win. They had 1 play that went for 57 rushing. 1. Remove that and this team only had 242 yards of offense

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2019, 05:40 PM

Nix stinks.

The recruiting rankings had him and Shrader backwards.

Seriously, they would've been more accurate in doing so.

Shrader is without a doubt in my mind better than Nix. He's bigger, more athletic, equal speed, and more accurate.

He just doesn't have Patrick Nix as his diddy. Tool wise, he's better.

Jack Lambert
09-22-2019, 06:12 PM
Which is why you play all our people.

Playing all of our guys gives MS ST a chance to win. They had 1 play that went for 57 rushing. 1. Remove that and this team only had 242 yards of offense

The more I watch Ole Miss, Tenn and Arkansas I am starting to agree. We don't need them to win those three games.

pilldawg
09-22-2019, 06:39 PM
The more I watch Ole Miss, Tenn and Arkansas I am starting to agree. We don't need them to win those three games.

However, our interior DL is not good either, so this will be an interesting matchup. Auburn has a really good DL and we have a good OL. Should be an interesting matchup. I will give the better defense the nod in this one and Auburn playing at home.

IMissJack
09-22-2019, 08:23 PM

Gus threw everything and the kitchen sink at aTm, flea flicker, double reverse, etc. Our D will be tested heavily.

Homedawg
09-22-2019, 08:44 PM
Apparently some haven't watched our dl the first four games. Hell uk was stupid to stop running. They gashed is at times.

msstate7
09-22-2019, 08:50 PM
Apparently some haven't watched our dl the first four games. Hell uk was stupid to stop running. They gashed is at times.

We're currently 12th in the sec in avg yards/rush given up. Only Kentucky and vandy are worse

Homedawg
09-22-2019, 09:03 PM
We're currently 12th in the sec in avg yards/rush given up. Only Kentucky and vandy are worse

Yeah but you don't understand how good the teams we have played are. Way better than what people thought ....

Coach34
09-22-2019, 09:06 PM
Auburn is 1st in the SEC in rushing and 16th nationally in rushing after having played a strong early schedule. Anybody saying their OL is not good is a blithering idiot.

Bothrops
09-22-2019, 09:08 PM
Auburn will run at will on our DL. Think 10 to 18 ypc. We can't handle it at this juncture. We is innocuous, immaculate with our tackling.

R2Dawg
09-23-2019, 11:27 AM
Nix stinks.

The recruiting rankings had him and Shrader backwards.

Seriously, they would've been more accurate in doing so.

Shrader is without a doubt in my mind better than Nix. He's bigger, more athletic, equal speed, and more accurate.

He just doesn't have Patrick Nix as his diddy. Tool wise, he's better.

Agree with that. Typical Auburn, our QB gonna win the Heisman BS. Will Shrader be freshmen of the week?

dawgday166
09-23-2019, 11:32 AM
The magic number for Ms St is 400 yards of offense. We are 9-0 under Moorhead with that. We need a 200-250 passing day and a 200plus rushing day.

Seems like we had #1 D in country for most of those wins, didn't we? I kinda don't anticipate keeping that up as well this year.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2019, 11:33 AM
The key for Auburn is that they only missed 4 tackles vs Texas A&M.

They could be the best tackling team in America right now.

That being said, Kylin will be BY FAR the best running back they've see thus far

Coach007
09-23-2019, 11:42 AM
Seems like we had #1 D in country for most of those wins, didn't we? I kinda don't anticipate keeping that up as well this year.

that included the 3 wins this season and the 1 loss was below 400.

dawgday166
09-23-2019, 11:44 AM

I figured that without looking it up. Still think tho that we may need closer to 500 a couple of times this year.

Coach007
09-23-2019, 11:46 AM
I figured that without looking it up. Still think tho that we may need closer to 500 a couple of times this year.

Well yeah. I don't know that it's Auburn though.

Homedawg
09-23-2019, 02:13 PM

we've only had 400 yards in 2 of our 4 games this year.

KOdawg1
09-23-2019, 02:22 PM
I think we can hang with Auburn but I seriously doubt we can beat them. When you give up long, gashing runs against ULL and USM, what do you think will happen when we play bigger, faster players?

RougeDawg
09-23-2019, 02:31 PM
I think we can hang with Auburn but I seriously doubt we can beat them. When you give up long, gashing runs against ULL and USM, what do you think will happen when we play bigger, faster players?

I?m not sure how we can fix it, but it seems like our defenders are allowing one OLineman to block our DL and a backer on most of those gashing plays. The LBs are putting themselves in bad positions to allow themselves to get blocked/slowed down by an offensive guy already engaged with someone else. Maybe it?s experience and lack of it but the big gashes, we seem to be way out of position.

StarkVegasSteve
09-23-2019, 02:55 PM
Everyone that is available needs to play this Saturday. If you win this one, and that's a big if but it can be done, things get real interesting real fast in the SEC West. You obviously don't play them @Tennessee because we can win that one without them. Play them against LSU and let the chips fall where they may. You win against LSU, you hold them for Bama and run a risk you can pull out a win at Kyle Field. You lose, and just hold them til OM and curb stomp the Bears. This Saturday will define whether we're a 7-5 team or we can make a run at things. I'm still not sold on Moorhead as a coach, but I'm damn sure sold on his recruiting abilities after watching Shrader for 2.5 games. This kid is going to be special.

Bothrops
09-23-2019, 02:56 PM
We often don't pursue the ball carrier. We wait until he's in our space before attempting to hem him up, giving up unnecessary yards.

DownwardDawg
09-23-2019, 03:10 PM

You have to play them all against ole miss though. It?s ole miss. It?s the last game of the season. It?s at home. Senior day. And if you can beat them 100-0, that?s what you do.

Bothrops
09-23-2019, 09:09 PM
Auburn will play us much harder than they did Tulane.

RougeDawg
09-23-2019, 09:34 PM
We often don't pursue the ball carrier. We wait until he's in our space before attempting to hem him up, giving up unnecessary yards.

See my post just above. That is part of the reason.

Captain Falcon
09-23-2019, 09:50 PM
Auburn will play us much harder than they did Tulane.

Probably, but I do like where the game is positioned. Right between two huge road games for them. I think a lot of focus was put on beating A&M and we might catch them looking ahead to Florida next week as well. Not a given, but it’s possible.