PDA

View Full Version : TAMU remains ranked at 2-2.

Coach007
09-22-2019, 04:39 PM
In both polls.

TrapGame
09-22-2019, 04:42 PM
No one should be surprised if we go into College Station and pound them.

msstate7
09-22-2019, 04:42 PM
I'd drop them out, but the 2 losses are to #1 and #7.

TrapGame
09-22-2019, 04:45 PM

They looked like dog crap against AU. They couldn't get anything going until the 4th quarter and then it was too late.

dantheman4248
09-22-2019, 04:46 PM

Lost @ defending champ #1 by only 14.

Lost @ home to the team with the best wins thus far by 8 points.

They are a top 25 team. They deserve. Shocked Auburn actually is keeping it together. Maybe OYA is real and we can be the early season SEC loss this week.

Maroonthirteen
09-22-2019, 04:46 PM
I just want to go on record before we play them this year.

I really don’t like that school. Not sure why. Maybe it’s the weird ass traditions. But I laughed when they get beat.

msstate7
09-22-2019, 04:48 PM
They looked like dog crap against AU. They couldn't get anything going until the 4th quarter and then it was too late.

Auburn and Clemson have defenses. We haven't faced a defense in their league yet

Jack Lambert
09-22-2019, 06:10 PM

They looked like crap against Clemson.

Jack Lambert
09-22-2019, 06:11 PM
Auburn and Clemson have defenses. We haven't faced a defense in their league yet

I have been hearing the same speak for the past three times the met on field. Until they beat us I am not buying that bull shit. They are a average team with a average coach who is way over paid.

basedog
09-22-2019, 06:17 PM
I have been hearing the same speak for the past three times the met on field. Until they beat us I am not buying that bull shit. They are a average team with a average coach who is way over paid.

It does get old, same as we haven't beaten anyone one.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2019, 06:25 PM
Lost @ defending champ #1 by only 14.

Lost @ home to the team with the best wins thus far by 8 points.

They are a top 25 team. They deserve. Shocked Auburn actually is keeping it together. Maybe OYA is real and we can be the early season SEC loss this week.

Not disagreeing that they are a top 25 team, but what have they done to deserve that?

msstate7
09-22-2019, 06:25 PM
It does get old, same as we haven't beaten anyone one.

What defense have we faced on Clemson and Auburn's level?

reno hightower
09-22-2019, 06:36 PM
Not disagreeing that they are a top 25 team, but what have they done to deserve that?

They've done nothing but be a benefactor of a preseason poll. They need to do away with those garbage polls and start ranking them after week 4

Coach007
09-22-2019, 06:44 PM

How did the Stanford team hold the mighty Ducks to only 66 yards rushing?

Context.

That goes the same for Auburn. Are you going to tell me that Tulane can put up 120 rushing and we can't? That Mond is some magic man?

Come on

edit: More context... That same Stanford team allowed UCF 200 yards rushing

msstate7
09-22-2019, 06:57 PM

Context.

That goes the same for Auburn. Are you going to tell me that Tulane can put up 120 rushing and we can't? That Mond is some magic man?

Come on

Fine, they suck. Joe has to win this game bc auburn isn't good

Coach007
09-22-2019, 07:48 PM
Fine, they suck. Joe has to win this game bc auburn isn't good

All I'm saying is it should not be marked up as a loss therefore don't play to win.

msstate7
09-22-2019, 07:50 PM
All I'm saying is it should not be marked up as a loss therefore don't play to win.

Fair enough. We will have to play much better than we have to this point though

basedog
09-22-2019, 07:50 PM

Players and Coaches play who is on the schedule 7. I don't care who's defense we played so far. Winning is what's important.

Our schedule gets tougher, u should enjoy the moment. It's a rebuilding year, we are about where many thought we would be at this stage.

chef dixon
09-22-2019, 08:16 PM
They are soft and they suck. Same story different year

Coach34
09-22-2019, 08:21 PM
Players and Coaches play who is on the schedule 7. I don't care who's defense we played so far. Winning is what's important.

Our schedule gets tougher, u should enjoy the moment. It's a rebuilding year, we are about where many thought we would be at this stage.

No- damn near everyone of this board said we would be 4-0 right now fairly easily. We arent. Auburn, LSU, and Bammer are much better than us. Not even close. A&M is a little better and we play at their place. Auburn will beat us by double digits Sat. They are definitely one of the country's 10 best teams. They are great in the trenches.

They won the West in 2017 and beat us 49-10 just two years ago. Their schedule flips to have us, Bammer, and Georgia at home again this year. They will contend for the West and win 10 games this year just as I said they would. They have to go to LSU- so that is what makes all this fun. Bama goes to Auburn, Auburn to LSU, and LSU to Bama. Makes the West interesting in even numbered years.

99jc
09-22-2019, 08:26 PM
No- damn near everyone of this board said we would be 4-0 right now fairly easily. We arent. Auburn, LSU, and Bammer are much better than us. Not even close. A&M is a little better and we play at their place. Auburn will beat us by double digits Sat. They are definitely one of the country's 10 best teams. They are great in the trenches.

They won the West in 2017 and beat us 49-10 just two years ago. Their schedule flips to have us, Bammer, and Georgia at home again this year. They will contend for the West and win 10 games this year just as I said they would. They have to go to LSU- so that is what makes all this fun. Bama goes to Auburn, Auburn to LSU, and LSU to Bama. Makes the West interesting in even numbered years.

I am going to load up big on Aubarn moneyline. no way we go to the Plains and win...no way!

Homedawg
09-22-2019, 08:34 PM

Context.

Come on

edit: More context... That same Stanford team allowed UCF 200 yards rushing

Well we allowed mighty u la la 28 points and A&M held Clemson them to less than that. Just on the theme

I seen it dawg
09-22-2019, 08:43 PM
Who gives a shit right now about rankings. They are done by guys that aren't much smarter than a lot of posters on this board. And well....

basedog
09-22-2019, 08:49 PM

No to what I posted? I'm not getting what I said has anything to what you replied.

Coach007
09-22-2019, 09:38 PM

And we all know we should be and would have been. Shit happened. Move on.

They won the West in 2017 and beat us 49-10 just two years ago.

We skipping years now??

Who knew!

Coach007
09-22-2019, 09:39 PM
Well we allowed mighty u la la 28 points and A&M held Clemson them to less than that. Just on the theme

And?

Lord McBuckethead
09-23-2019, 12:50 AM

Mond threw it like 50 times. Mond just does not impress me.

DancingRabbit
09-23-2019, 01:21 AM

Everybody thought 2-2 last week. Injuries happen. You trolling this board happens.

BhamDawg205
09-23-2019, 02:50 AM
Everybody thought 2-2 last week. Injuries happen. You trolling this board happens.

I'm thinking before season and even after suspension announced... Most posters predicted 4-0 going into Auburn, including non-extreme fans. With that said A&M is like a lot of big money schools,helmet sticker equals benefit of the doubt. We seen the past years AP doesn't rank according to field results, probably only 65% watch the games.

I seen it dawg
09-23-2019, 06:41 AM
This ^

dantheman4248
09-23-2019, 09:29 AM
I'm thinking before season and even after suspension announced... Most posters predicted 4-0 going into Auburn, including non-extreme fans. With that said A&M is like a lot of big money schools,helmet sticker equals benefit of the doubt. We seen the past years AP doesn't rank according to field results, probably only 65% watch the games.

Yep. Most of them assumed we wouldn?t be relegated to a True Freshman QB playing half the time either. Having the two QBs with any experience on the roster hurt does greatly decrease your win chances. But here we are, 3-1, 1-0. And you make an excellent point about the polls. Here?s a fun tidbit about Auburn. Under Malzahn, Auburn has lost 2, 5, 6, 5, 4, and 5 games in order in his 6 years there. History says he?s due. Auburn preseason rankings NR, 6, 6, NR, 12, 9 with their subsequent postseason rankings 2, 22, NR, 24, 10, NR.

BhamDawg205
09-23-2019, 09:47 AM
Yep. Most of them assumed we wouldn?t be relegated to a True Freshman QB playing half the time either. Having the two QBs with any experience on the roster hurt does greatly decrease your win chances. But here we are, 3-1, 1-0. And you make an excellent point about the polls. Here?s a fun tidbit about Auburn. Under Malzahn, Auburn has lost 2, 5, 6, 5, 4, and 5 games in order in his 6 years there. History says he?s due. Auburn preseason rankings NR, 6, 6, NR, 12, 9 with their subsequent postseason rankings 2, 22, NR, 24, 10, NR.

Good research... We still had our chances vs KSU. We definitely need to get better on run defense and wrapping up. And as far as Auburn being unbeaten, the teams they beat seem to be no better than us at full strength. I say sell out to stop the run. Stack the box and play man-zone, make Nix beat us with his arm.

BB30
09-23-2019, 10:17 AM

I think they beat us. That being said, for them to contend for the west their QB play is going to have to get better at some point. 12-20 for 100yds isnts going to get it done against Bama, LSU and UGA. Yes, their D is very talented but at some point the offense is going to have to have success throwing the football. 299 total yards of offense this past weekend isn't just killing it.

R2Dawg
09-23-2019, 11:42 AM

They are better than us on D, but not O. If we play all our players and scheme correctly, we can compete with our D especially against their O. At Aub though, hard to win even when we out talent them in the past. Ole Auburn magic.

BulldogBear
09-23-2019, 04:28 PM

This^

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell Jimbo will survive long enough to finish his contract. The things standing in the way of TAMU ever becoming an SEC elite do not include coaching.