PDA

View Full Version : What are we doing to...

CadaverDawg
09-22-2019, 04:13 PM
What are we doing to address the fact that CJ Morgan is killing us? I am so glad he chose to be a Dawg, and I hate singling out players, but nobody seems to want to say it so I will. He's just been terrible....terrible in coverage, terrible at tackling, and terrible at even being where he's supposed to be. And it's not a good look when you get burnt, the QB overthrows the guy that torches you, and you wave your finger in the guys face and act like you've accomplished something.

When you have a DL that is this bad, you can't afford to have a weak link as your last defense in the secondary. If we don't do something to get him some help or find someone else, we won't be able to play bend don't break against the good teams bc it will be a homerun derby out there.

Again, this isn't a bash CJ thread, it's a "how are we going to overcome our issue at Safety" thread. Is there a way to "help" him? Is there anybody else we could give a shot?

Thick
09-22-2019, 04:14 PM
I totally agree!! Our safeties in general, are not very good in space.

Coach007
09-22-2019, 04:31 PM
And I think Murphy was injured yesterday

HoopsDawg
09-22-2019, 05:30 PM
Emerson looks like he can play FS from a physical and talent standpoint. Might be too much to ask a true freshman from a mental standpoint. Especially since he has probably worked exclusively at corner. But Emerson would be my only answer to your question. I guess Fred Peters is having a hard time with the jump to D1.

confucius say
09-22-2019, 05:49 PM
I had the post typed out earlier and deleted it just bc I know the guys see the boards. But yea.

Truth is, he should be a special teams guy who is having to play. Blame that on whomever you would like, but it is hurting us

Todd4State
09-22-2019, 05:58 PM
Other than Murphy who is injured and suspended I'm not sure that we have a better option. Maybe use three true LB's with Washington and move Cole to safety is the only thing I can think of.

Todd4State
09-22-2019, 05:59 PM
Emerson looks like he can play FS from a physical and talent standpoint. Might be too much to ask a true freshman from a mental standpoint. Especially since he has probably worked exclusively at corner. But Emerson would be my only answer to your question. I guess Fred Peters is having a hard time with the jump to D1.

I would probably try Tyler Williams before I tried Emerson just because Williams has been around longer.

Homedawg
09-22-2019, 06:54 PM
What are we doing to address the fact that CJ Morgan is killing us? I am so glad he chose to be a Dawg, and I hate singling out players, but nobody seems to want to say it so I will. He's just been terrible....terrible in coverage, terrible at tackling, and terrible at even being where he's supposed to be. And it's not a good look when you get burnt, the QB overthrows the guy that torches you, and you wave your finger in the guys face and act like you've accomplished something.

When you have a DL that is this bad, you can't afford to have a weak link as your last defense in the secondary. If we don't do something to get him some help or find someone else, we won't be able to play bend don't break against the good teams bc it will be a homerun derby out there.

Again, this isn't a bash CJ thread, it's a "how are we going to overcome our issue at Safety" thread. Is there a way to "help" him? Is there anybody else we could give a shot?

He's the best we have.... don't know what else to say.

Homedawg
09-22-2019, 06:56 PM
And I think Murphy was injured yesterday

Murphy is gifted physically. But he needs a ton of reps to be dependable at a spot. He would be behind Morgan- based on play at practice anyway.

I seen it dawg
09-22-2019, 08:03 PM
In offseason it was Murphy. Between all the unfortunate stuff that happened to him and his family then tutorgate...like homedawg said he's the best we got now.

chef dixon
09-22-2019, 08:15 PM
Not a bash CJ thread lol