PDA

View Full Version : OM at Bama is the 2:30 CBS game? Wut?!

TrapGame
09-22-2019, 03:34 PM
Talk about a complete waste of television. This will be no different than Bama playing USM.

dantheman4248
09-22-2019, 03:40 PM
Bama gets more viewers plain and simple. I’d rather this team have a night game with the lack of depth and inability to prevent fatigued play in the heat.

RocketDawg
09-22-2019, 03:44 PM
OM beat Saban twice in recent history. That's still giving them TV time regardless of how bad they may be this year.

Jack Lambert
09-22-2019, 03:52 PM
Bama gets more viewers plain and simple. I’d rather this team have a night game with the lack of depth and inability to prevent fatigued play in the heat.

A lot of people tune in to see if they are going to lose so in about 15 minutes then they are switching channels. That's pretty much it unless Bama gets in a tight one.

TrapGame
09-22-2019, 03:55 PM
There will be a massive drop in viewership at halftime.

RocketDawg
09-22-2019, 03:58 PM
There will be a massive drop in viewership at halftime.

Including those in attendance. Right now, the forecast high for Saturday is mid-90s, so students and others will be heading for the exits.

dantheman4248
09-22-2019, 04:00 PM
CBS doesn’t care. They get the households tuned in for the start, have the commercial space sold, and are able to report the highest numbers. They aren’t measuring the effectiveness or whether viewers tune out after the first quarter.

BeardoMSU
09-22-2019, 04:01 PM
It's a social experiment to judge the public's reaction to public executions on prime TV.

Count me in favor; OM must atone for their sins....this time, it'll be by Saban snapping all their dicks over his knee like golf clubs, Tin Cup style.***

https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-21-2015/4KHuAf.gif

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2019, 04:05 PM
Even worse, College Gameday is attending Ohio State at Nebraska. Yuck

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2019, 04:13 PM
I love it. Nothing like seeing the Confederates getting skull drug on National Television.

Sienfield
09-22-2019, 04:18 PM
Why does this surprise anyone. Bama seems to always play on CBS at 2:30.

Tbonewannabe
09-22-2019, 04:22 PM
Why does this surprise anyone. Bama seems to always play on CBS at 2:30.

And then complain about day games.

Dawg61
09-22-2019, 04:25 PM
Idk why the CBS game is still so coveted by fans. It's almost always the worst game of the week and it lasts 4 hours long with all the extra commercials CBS runs.

MetEdDawg
09-22-2019, 04:32 PM
Byrne bitching most definitely had an effect on this. And you can choose to believe that or not but him speaking out as the AD of the most influential program in all of college football means something.

TALL DAWG
09-22-2019, 08:44 PM
I love it. Nothing like seeing the Confederates getting skull drug on National Television.

Send this man a case of Blue Moon!!
Spot ON!

UM is garbage. They gave up a ton of points
last 2 games to teams who have weak a$$ offenses.

I seen it dawg
09-22-2019, 08:49 PM
**** those shitbirds. I can't wait to watch the total prison rape that's gonna go down at 230 on Saturday. Will watch every snap.

Randolph Dupree
09-22-2019, 09:08 PM
Saban still hasn't forgotten those losses. It's going to be bad.

Todd4State
09-22-2019, 10:51 PM
Byrne bitching most definitely had an effect on this. And you can choose to believe that or not but him speaking out as the AD of the most influential program in all of college football means something.

The good news for us is I figure him speaking out pretty much all but guarantees that we're playing them at night.

Him speaking up also makes me wonder if there are about to be some major negotiations during the next TV contract. Attendance is down in the SEC and early game times are one big reason why. I'd like to see the SEC just do away with CBS and go exclusively to ESPN/ABC. Make the marquee SEC game a night game at 6:00 and add more evening slots at least in September. There shouldn't be any day games in the SEC in September. It really is a potential health risk for fans.

Todd4State
09-22-2019, 10:53 PM
**** those shitbirds. I can't wait to watch the total prison rape that's gonna go down at 230 on Saturday. Will watch every snap.

Saban still hasn't forgotten those losses. It's going to be bad.

All of these^

Ole Miss hasn't really played anyone that difficult- and yes, I know Cal was ranked but they're not that good and were injury riddled while playing on the road. They're 2-2 and one of those wins was a less than impressive one against SE Louisiana a FCS school.

BrunswickDawg
09-23-2019, 07:39 AM
The good news for us is I figure him speaking out pretty much all but guarantees that we're playing them at night.

Him speaking up also makes me wonder if there are about to be some major negotiations during the next TV contract. Attendance is down in the SEC and early game times are one big reason why. I'd like to see the SEC just do away with CBS and go exclusively to ESPN/ABC. Make the marquee SEC game a night game at 6:00 and add more evening slots at least in September. There shouldn't be any day games in the SEC in September. It really is a potential health risk for fans.

They will keep games on a major network because it is consistently the highest rated SEC game each week by about 1 million viewers over the highest ESPN slot. I actually wouldn't be surprised if CBS gets rights to more games in their next contact - it is that valuable to them.

Covercorner2
09-23-2019, 09:09 AM
They will keep games on a major network because it is consistently the highest rated SEC game each week by about 1 million viewers over the highest ESPN slot. I actually wouldn't be surprised if CBS gets rights to more games in their next contact - it is that valuable to them.

What I don't understand is Bama will have plenty of other opportunities to be the CBS game, but they picked this one?

DownwardDawg
09-23-2019, 09:28 AM
Idk why the CBS game is still so coveted by fans. It's almost always the worst game of the week and it lasts 4 hours long with all the extra commercials CBS runs.

I agree. The 6:00 pm game on ESPN is the premier time slot.

R2Dawg
09-23-2019, 11:19 AM
OM beat Saban twice in recent history. That's still giving them TV time regardless of how bad they may be this year.

Boy ain't that true. They might get another decade from those wins. It is the Bama network so there is that too.