PDA

View Full Version : So looks like Jo will have a little issue to deal with now

R2Dawg
09-22-2019, 03:13 PM
Shrader looking very good; so much so not sure Stevens can take it back. Team has some momentum with Shrader and he is the future. Reminds me of Dak in Dallas as a rookie. I know one thing, can't play Stevens at all unless he is 110%. Shrader playing better than a limping Stevens any day. A healthy Stevens, guess we don't really know yet.

Shrader still make a few freshmen mistakes but he adds a run factor that make our O really dangerous.

Lord McBuckethead
09-22-2019, 03:18 PM
Not so sure about this. When Tommy comes back, he opens up the offense a little more, giving Kylin some open lanes.

Commercecomet24
Good problem to have . I remember years we didn't have A qb at all
Lol

Tbonewannabe
Shrader was asked and he said Stevens is still the starter. He is just filling in until he gets back. Stevens was voted team captain for a reason. A healthy Stevens gives us the best chance to win.

TrapGame
09-22-2019, 03:19 PM
If Tommy is 100% he plays. He knows way more about the offense. He can make throws Shrader can't right now. But, I would not be surprised if Joe puts Shrader in on certain plays, like lining Stevens up as a WR w/ Shrader at QB. It's a wrinkle for AU's defense to worry about.

Matt3467
09-22-2019, 03:24 PM
Lol

We haven't a good QB for arguably decades before Mullen. Sleepy, Fant ehhhhh. It got really bad in the 00's with Omar Conner, Henig etc lol. Those were some tough times.

Commercecomet24
09-22-2019, 03:25 PM
I gotta say if tommy was right last week we beat KSU and uk. It's good to know that we don't have to worry though if tommy can't go

TrapGame
09-22-2019, 03:27 PM
I gotta say if tommy was right last week we beat KSU and uk. It's good to know that we don't have to worry though if tommy can't go

I think we might put AU's defense on their heels early in the game until they make adjustments. Tommy at 100% and back on the field is going to be ready to ball.

DancingRabbit
09-22-2019, 03:30 PM
It's a good problem to have when QB1 and QB2 are going to support each other. There's not going to be a problem in the room, but fans will make a lot of noise about it.

DancingRabbit
09-22-2019, 03:34 PM
Any rumors on Tommy's progress? I'm sure Joe is going to keep it close to the vest in public comments.

Churchill
09-22-2019, 03:35 PM
We haven't a good QB for arguably decades before Mullen. Sleepy, Fant ehhhhh. It got really bad in the 00's with Omar Conner, Henig etc lol. Those were some tough times.

I'd like to correct you just a bit. We haven't had good QB coaching for decades before Mullen. I am 100% sure we had some kids that would have done much better with better coaching.

BeardoMSU
09-22-2019, 03:40 PM
Lol

People seem to forget that, lol.

dantheman4248
09-22-2019, 03:44 PM
It’s a good problem to have after a win. A bad problem to have during / after a loss.

Tommy is the higher ceiling player. Garrett has a lower floor *IF* Moorhead keeps the offense simplified and runs read option ground attack like he did yesterday. Playcalling yesterday against UK, UF, and possibly LSU flip who wins those games last year imo.

Jack Lambert
09-22-2019, 03:48 PM
Play stevens and save red shirt for Shrader.

Matt3467
09-22-2019, 03:51 PM
I'd like to correct you just a bit. We haven't had good QB coaching for decades before Mullen. I am 100% sure we had some kids that would have done much better with better coaching.

True, but that could be said about pretty much all teams without a good QB coach. Chris Relf was very decent under good coaching.

Saltydog
09-22-2019, 03:53 PM
Not so sure about this. When Tommy comes back, he opens up the offense a little more, giving Kylin some open lanes.

Agreed LMcB. Stevens gives us options offensively that Shrader doesn't at this point. We're keeping it pretty simple for Shrader right now.

Coach007
09-22-2019, 04:15 PM
Shrader looking very good; so much so not sure Stevens can take it back. Team has some momentum with Shrader and he is the future. Reminds me of Dak in Dallas as a rookie. I know one thing, can't play Stevens at all unless he is 110%. Shrader playing better than a limping Stevens any day. A healthy Stevens, guess we don't really know yet.

Shrader still make a few freshmen mistakes but he adds a run factor that make our O really dangerous.

Sharder himself stated that as soon as Tommy is back the team is his.

Coach007
09-22-2019, 04:17 PM
If Tommy is 100% he plays. He knows way more about the offense. He can make throws Shrader can't right now. But, I would not be surprised if Joe puts Shrader in on certain plays, like lining Stevens up as a WR w/ Shrader at QB. It's a wrinkle for AU's defense to worry about.

Just a reword :)

"He can make throws Shrader can't see right now"

Dawg61
09-22-2019, 04:21 PM
Omar Conner woulda been an All-American had he played for Rich Rod at WVU or Chip Kelly at Oregon. Instead he has the worst luck possible and his career gets Croomed.

Sienfield
09-22-2019, 04:27 PM
Shrader would have hit about 50% of his passes Saturday if our ace wide receiver had played. Not complaining about Shrader at all though. He had a great game.

Dawg61
09-22-2019, 04:35 PM
I'd give the ball back to Stevens right now. Our offense was stagnant during the 2nd half and we really came close to choking that game away to Kentucky. I still want to see KT run the offense some but that's looking like a dream at this point.