PDA

View Full Version : Around the SEC

dantheman4248
09-22-2019, 11:36 AM
Alabama 49 USM 7. Alabama is Alabama. I bought into one of the 10 mustard buzzards? fans crap about how this should be their best defense this century, etc., etc. Still think they can compete for CUSA but 3 straight 38+ point defensive outings after that long streak of no 30s is concerning. I?ll take the crow about their D from whoever, trusted someone who watches their games closer and more often. Bama will be tough for anyone to beat not named Clemson or Georgia.

Georgia 23 ND 17. Both coaches have recruiting down to a T and game management at the end of games just looking horrible. ND isn?t a pretender this year. Losing this close keeps them in the hunt if they go 11-1 with a relatively easy schedule for them. Georgia will drop another game this year that?s a bit of a head scratcher in my opinion. Probably a big loss to A&M that no one saw coming. Kirby has gotta manage big games better.

LSU 66 Vandy 38. Well... I?m starting to think LSU caught the Big 12 / oklahoma bug. That offense is crazy good but what in the world is going on with their defense? Bet the over when they come to Starkville. And imagine our board if we gave up 38 to vandy. Depending on who plays at QB we have a real shot at winning that game. Idc how good you are. Good teams don?t give up 38 to vandy without having serious issues. If our offense can?t replicate that then Moorhead needs to have a long look in the mirror.

Florida 34 UT 3. Tennessee is Arkansas east. If we lose to UT with either QB starting we have serious issues. Florida just keeps winning. Dan beats teams he should in most years. Can he beat the ones he shouldn?t?

SJSU 31 Ark 24. If we lose to ark we have serious issues.

Missouri 34 SCar 14. Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that Missouri could end the year with 10 wins and really be pissed about their bowl ban. Coach Boom and his true freshman QB go a ways to go but will he be given that long to get there.

Cal 28 OM 20. lol.

Auburn 28 A&M 20. Odd Year Gus is real. Next week is going to be a dogfight. We are in full on trap game territory being sandwiched between A&M and Florida for Auburn. The defense of Auburn will be a tall order to beat. The offense isn?t as scary. Same could be said for ours, but they have weaknesses. Can JoM exploit them? Remains to be seen. A&M will be a tough game too. Auburn tells us where we stand in the SECW hierarchy. Then I?d be able to form a real opinion of how we?d compete with A&M. Of the big 4 in the division I?d say our chances of victory against go LSU > A&M > Auburn > Bama. That?s not. a ranking of how good the teams are, but rather how possible it is for us to beat them.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-22-2019, 12:54 PM
LSU isn't a for sure loss. Their offense looks pretty good, but their D is very suspect. Also, Ogeron is still their coach

dantheman4248
09-22-2019, 01:09 PM
LSU isn't a for sure loss. Their offense looks pretty good, but their D is very suspect. Also, Ogeron is still their coach

Exactly. LSU could go 11-1 and that 1 loss could be to Bama, Auburn, A&M, Florida, or us and I wouldn’t be surprised in the least. They are a great football team, but one off day on offense and they are suddenly very beatable.

Maroonthirteen
09-22-2019, 01:18 PM
Missouri was gifted two TDs yesterday.
Lost to Wyoming.
Good win vs WVU.

However I’m not buying they are a 10 win team.

dantheman4248
09-22-2019, 01:23 PM
Missouri was gifted two TDs yesterday.
Lost to Wyoming.
Good win vs WVU.

However I’m not buying they are a 10 win team.

They have a 10 win schedule. They aren’t a 10 win team. Outside of Georgia and Florida their schedule is cake. Dan melted against them last year. Had they not lost to wyoming I believe they would cruise to 10 wins and I also believe they lost that game in part due to the altitude. MWC has a huge advantage at home with playing stadiums a mile above sea level. Difficult for college kids to adjust period.