PDA

View Full Version : The SEC world is changing. We have an opportunity here. a Major one...

Coach007
09-22-2019, 11:29 AM
Do you remember when Auburn played Oregon for the Championship? Oregon was killing it. In 2010-11 they averaged over 49 points per game. BUT... for the SEC people, we all knew. Oregon simply has not faced a defense.

We have seen that story over and over. The air raid is easy when there is no defense. AND THIS is where many teams are headed toward in the SEC.

Look at LSU. Air raid. They now rank 96th in rushing. Look at BAMA.... 57th. In fact, look at UF. 91st. Their defenses suffer too due to being on the field so much. Example:

LSU was scoring on Vandy easily. One drive was about 1:30 seconds. As a result, Vandy... WHO SUCKS was able to put up 30 plus points and rush on them. The 113th ranked team in rushing put up 145 yards on them and their top back of the day averaged 6.5 per carry for 120 yards. I saw this vs TX too. A team that replace what, 8 starters on defense?

So what's the opportunity?

1- RBs. With the lack of running by the bigs in the SEC, we stand to always have great RBs. And we will need them.

2- Defense. The more the top teams head towards an all out air raid, the better opportunities will present themselves for defensive players as a whole.

3- Being balanced means we need fewer WRs than say LSU or Bama.

Our opportunity is what Auburn did to Oregon in 2011. Those offenses are clueless when they get smacked around. They lose it. The defenses become week because of the emphasis placed on the offense in recruiting. We have an opportunity.

msstate7
09-22-2019, 11:32 AM
Yeah, we gonna smack LSU and Bama. They have no idea what we gonna do to them chumps

Johnson85
09-24-2019, 02:51 PM
Do you remember when Auburn played Oregon for the Championship? Oregon was killing it. In 2010-11 they averaged over 49 points per game. BUT... for the SEC people, we all knew. Oregon simply has not faced a defense.

We have seen that story over and over. The air raid is easy when there is no defense. AND THIS is where many teams are headed toward in the SEC.

Look at LSU. Air raid. They now rank 96th in rushing. Look at BAMA.... 57th. In fact, look at UF. 91st. Their defenses suffer too due to being on the field so much. Example:

LSU was scoring on Vandy easily. One drive was about 1:30 seconds. As a result, Vandy... WHO SUCKS was able to put up 30 plus points and rush on them. The 113th ranked team in rushing put up 145 yards on them and their top back of the day averaged 6.5 per carry for 120 yards. I saw this vs TX too. A team that replace what, 8 starters on defense?

So what's the opportunity?

1- RBs. With the lack of running by the bigs in the SEC, we stand to always have great RBs. And we will need them.

2- Defense. The more the top teams head towards an all out air raid, the better opportunities will present themselves for defensive players as a whole.

3- Being balanced means we need fewer WRs than say LSU or Bama.

Our opportunity is what Auburn did to Oregon in 2011. Those offenses are clueless when they get smacked around. They lose it. The defenses become week because of the emphasis placed on the offense in recruiting. We have an opportunity.

I'm not sure how much of a disadvantage that is for Bama. It just means they can offer more playing time to defensive recruits.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-24-2019, 03:01 PM
Yeah, we gonna smack LSU and Bama. They have no idea what we gonna do to them chumps

Wonder if he knows we play Bama and LSU every year? Sure don't seem like it.

Homedawg
09-24-2019, 03:04 PM
Opportunity for what? to become elite? annually? My goodness, he/she/it/ you aren't just in for a crash this year, it's years to come. Didn't know happy hour had started anywhere in the states.

dawgday166
09-24-2019, 03:15 PM
Opportunity for what? to become elite? annually? My goodness, he/she/it/ you aren't just in for a crash this year, it's years to come. Didn't know happy hour had started anywhere in the states.

Pretty sure he lives in "happy hour".

R2Dawg
09-24-2019, 03:19 PM
Our opportunity this year is Auburn and TAMU in my opinion. Both are not as good as everyone thinks they are. LSU and Bama gonna be typical. UT, Ark, Olemiss better be near automatic wins as we hold our place in the pecking order of SEC. We've actually passed TAMU on the field but not with media.

Homedawg
09-24-2019, 03:20 PM
Our opportunity this year is Auburn and TAMU in my opinion. Both are not as good as everyone thinks they are. LSU and Bama gonna be typical. UT, Ark, Olemiss better be near automatic wins as we hold our place in the pecking order of SEC. We've actually passed TAMU on the field but not with media.

It's like we never lost to kansas st at home to some people.

DownwardDawg
09-24-2019, 03:22 PM
Pretty sure he lives in "happy hour".

What an awesome place to live. We should be jealous instead of making fun of him like so many here do.

Coursesuper
09-24-2019, 03:38 PM
Double Naught doubles down. Just wow.

Coursesuper
09-24-2019, 03:39 PM
What an awesome place to live. We should be jealous instead of making fun of him like so many here do.

I'd rather be in the here and now than LaLa land.

Cooterpoot
09-24-2019, 03:42 PM
Stop it Stingray!

msstate7
09-24-2019, 04:48 PM

We beat Kentucky, brah. Auburn, LSU, aTm, and Bama, you on notice

R2Dawg
09-24-2019, 08:48 PM

Didn't say we were gonna win but what I said is exactly where we are. Let me slow this down for you. We are better than UT, Ark, Olemiss this year and as a program. Not Bama or LSU. We can beat TAMU and Aub this year. They are good but not unbeatable. Lets see recent history. Beat TAMU twice ranked in top 10. Beat #8 Aub last year unranked after losing to UK and UF. Point is our opportunity this year now is upsetting Aub or TAMU. Never said we were going to challenge for SEC title. Yep we have weaknesses but so does Aub and TAMU.

Homedawg
09-24-2019, 08:53 PM
Didn't say we were gonna win but what I said is exactly where we are. Let me slow this down for you. We are better than UT, Ark, Olemiss this year and as a program. Not Bama or LSU. We can beat TAMU and Aub this year. They are good but not unbeatable. Lets see recent history. Beat TAMU twice ranked in top 10. Beat #8 Aub last year unranked after losing to UK and UF. Point is our opportunity this year now is upsetting Aub or TAMU. Never said we were going to challenge for SEC title. Yep we have weaknesses but so does Aub and TAMU.

So you think we could upset one of the two but won't predict it ? Ok. Kudos. Bold

Dawgcap
09-24-2019, 08:57 PM
Yeah damn an optimist! Funny thing is we won last week and the naysayers are doubling down because we messed their narrative last week. The sad thing is They are excited to prove the optimist wrong because the odds are in their favor. To that attitude I say have a great Maroon day

Dawgcap
09-24-2019, 08:59 PM
So you think we could upset one of the two but won't predict it ? Ok. Kudos. Bold

But as a fan you shit on a fan who believes in the team. Bet you are fun to sit by at a game. Who do you cheer for because you shit on someone who believes. Thank God you aren’t allowed in the locker room

R2Dawg
09-24-2019, 09:02 PM

What? I don't know what is going to happen but I do know we have a chance at both. You acted like we have no chance against anyone after losing to Kstate. I don't usually do a lot of predictions but mostly observations. With all our uncertainty, I don't really have a feel for how this one will go, but on road, young team, injuries/suspensions, Aub has advantage but I wouldn't be surprised if we came out and played well and got the upset. That is the way I see it.

What is your prediction?

War Machine Dawg
09-24-2019, 09:26 PM
Have you seen our offense? Jughead loves him some Air Raid. Unless we get rid of him, we're going to follow the trend. There's a reason we've gone soft in not even 1.5 seasons. Jughead should be gone after this year, barring a miracle turnaround. But we're MSU, so we'll give him at least on more year to undo all the progress we made over the previous decade instead of cutting our losses and trying to improve.

Then again, I don't trust Cohen to make another football hire. We all know his second choice to Jughead was Pruitt. That's some outstanding evaluation of coaching talent.*****

Hambone
09-24-2019, 09:34 PM
What a damn idiot. We have one of the nations top running backs and we have that because he is an air raid coach?

Do you understand HOW a RB gets yards?

Cute nickname though....Jughead...

Again, what an idiot

Coach34
09-24-2019, 09:39 PM
No kidding. His nickname is JoVester and people bettah recognize

Dawgcap
09-24-2019, 09:49 PM
No kidding. His nickname is JoVester and people bettah recognize

Prediction? My call 24-21 us

Coach007
09-24-2019, 10:08 PM

I'm not referring to this year. I'm referring to recruiting and moving forward as a program.

Coach007
09-24-2019, 11:02 PM

Well, msstate7, Homedawg, dawgday166, Coursesuper, Cooterpoot, C34, and a few others flock together because misery loves company. In their minds, they can't comprehend somebody that's not as miserable as they are. That's why they all showed up here and in most every thread I participate in or start without fail.

There's no conversation, no talk.... just "how can this guy not be miserable like me and damn it, 'he/she/it' won't be allowed and must be put in place because my misery". Just high on misery.

It's laughable. They are more than welcome to it.