PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Kitty Kat Edition

Coach34
09-22-2019, 11:16 AM
1. Nothing like a win on Friday, Saturday, and your Cowboys being a 23 point favorite in the NFL on a Sunday in a game I'll get to see for a change because film meeting doesnt begin until 3pm.

2. Love our Freshman QB. What a great signing this was. Personally, I would roll with him the rest of the season and let Plastic Man be the back-up and relief guy. Let Shrader get his experience and make him better down the line. Seems like an easy decision. That said- don't let Shrader's confidence take too big of a hit next week and against Bama. Quick hook him and keep him confident. Next week will be rough sledding- but Jo can do a good job of helping him with quick throws and such as he did yesterday.

3. That said- our offense never really seems in sync. We had a ton of yards but only 14 points offensively until the last drive of the game when we decided to run it down their throats. We have to make the QB a little more of a runner throughout the game instead of just at the end. That's how you keep balance in the spread offense.

4. Shrader's ability to make DL guys and blitzers miss is outstanding for anybody- let alone a freshman. Yet another reason to keep him in there as the starter. He's not a stationary target that is going to get hit alot because he doesnt see blitzers or makes wrong reads. He's just going to get better here.

5. We didnt miss Guidry one bit. Not even a little. Need to go to Mitchell more. He has really improved the last 2 years. Dear to RB is the best move for him and for us. I hope he finally embraces what people have told him for 5 years now.

6. Our DL is as bad as I thought it would be. We keep getting gashed there. Thank goodness Kentucky felt like they needed to keep throwing the football. This is not going to get any better throughout this season. Shoop is doing a helluva job tho of dialing up pressure when we need it. Hope he keeps guessing correctly. Our lack of a pass rusher is also obvious. But many of us knew this goiing into the season and arent surprised. I mentioned it here and got pushback from others of course who touted Rivers as more effective than Sweat. 39 sacks last season- we have 7 thru 4 games this year.

7. Willie Gay is an NFL LB'er and its obvious. He needs to get his emotions in check. Leo Lewis is not. Easy to see the difference when each is in the game. The announcer pointing out Gay checking the TE due to formation and jumping that route was straight due to film study and instincts. Pro play right there.

8. We were lucky Kentucky was inept. Bowden Jr dropped 2 TD passes in the 2nd Q and Kentucky got no points on either drive. Well, the 2nd one he would have probably fallen on the 1 yard line- but they would have punched it in vs our DL. Bowden was being selfish on the one right before half and didnt jump out there to grab it and cradle it- he was trying to remain in the end zone and snag it. Selfish play cost them big time.

9. Helluva job by Dantzler on Kentucky's big WR. Just bigtime play yesterday. Played physical with him and didnt give the Ky QB much of a window to get it to him. 1 PI call but I'll take it. Damn good job.

10. Sorry guys- Cole aint Abram. He is not even close as a tackler nor are the other safeties. We havent tackled very well in space so far this year and with Auburn, LSU, A&M, and Bammer coming we arent likely to improve.

Good win for us at home with our young QB. He is not the future- he should be the now with this season being what it is with the suspensions and such. He will take his lumps next week against Auburn and will struggle- but it's all part of the growth process. It will make visiting Tenn alot easier for him. Hail State!

basedog
09-22-2019, 11:32 AM
Disagree somewhat about #3 statement. Interception and sack fumble probably cost us points. We didn't have a single 3rd down that we didn't convert. Yes on not scoring a TD till 4th quartet but we had two good chances, I wouldn't say we weren't in sync.

Everything else is good 34.

parabrave
09-22-2019, 11:33 AM
on #6 our #53 was getting blown back 5-10 yards on running plays leaving those huge holes for their guys to run through. He would've done better just to have fallen down in the hole.

MetEdDawg
09-22-2019, 11:36 AM
Secondary has been the most depressing unit so far. Cole has not shown improvement. Cam is good but he has not become a force yet. Pass defense as a whole has been less than stellar.

Now we can contribute a lot of that to DL play obviously and it shows you just how much that one units ability to disrupt affects the back 7. But I still thought we had enough athletes to be more lock down than we've locked. All that being said, they had tons of chances yesterday and were in position to get multiple picks and make a few tackles in the backfield. They just didn't get the job done.

Tbonewannabe
09-22-2019, 11:41 AM
One thing that doesn't get mentioned enough is how many freshmen we are playing. Sometimes almost half the defense is freshmen along with freshman QB and at times RB. We can get to 7 wins but this team has a chance to be really good in 2 years when these guys are juniors.

dantheman4248
09-22-2019, 11:41 AM
Come on dude. “Plastic Man” after one injury. Get over yourself with disparaging nicknames towards players / coaches putting their heart and soul into the program. That’s a ****ing joke and you know it. Fans that do shit like that are embarrassing. Dude literally tried to play with a bum shoulder for this school and you wanna knock him because he got hurt one time. Give me a break. You could be a good poster if you could get out of your own way and stop with the unnecessary negative jabs.

Hambone
09-22-2019, 11:51 AM
I have to agree with you. All the nicknames that 34 likes to give people have gotten old.

Coursesuper
09-22-2019, 11:51 AM
Come on dude. “Plastic Man” after one injury. Get over yourself with disparaging nicknames towards players / coaches putting their heart and soul into the program. That’s a ****ing joke and you know it. Fans that do shit like that are embarrassing. Dude literally tried to play with a bum shoulder for this school and you wanna knock him because he got hurt one time. Give me a break. You could be a good poster if you could get out of your own way and stop with the unnecessary negative jabs.

He makes a concise and well thought out post about real football stuff and that's all you've got? You are so blinded all you can do is criticize one small jab that's probably not far off base. Get over your love for maroon and white rainbows, he love the school just as much as you, not everyone sees the world as you do, I know that's a shock but that's what it is.

Coach34
09-22-2019, 11:57 AM

Plastic Man comes from a career full of injuries- which led to him switching schools because he lost the QB job at Penn State in the Spring- why? Because of injury. Some guys just arent durable no matter what their level of talent is. Stop being a woman and enjoy your day.

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-22-2019, 11:59 AM
Somebody needs to sit Gay down and explain to him how he is hurting his stock with the nfl. It?s disappointing that he learned absolutely nothing of his selfishness with tutorgate and within 5 minutes of playing he showed his selfishness again, saying, ?look at me!?, by taking his helmet off. Then he lets his emotions get the best of him again on the second personal foul and gets tossed without being able to complete one half of football, again putting his own personnel feelings before the teams. All he is doing is hurting himself personally, the team, and is letting down his brothers. I hope he can get his shit together. We are a lot better football team with him as a player than a cheerleader.

Coach007
09-22-2019, 12:02 PM
He makes a concise and well thought out post about real football stuff and that's all you've got? You are so blinded all you can do is criticize one small jab that's probably not far off base. Get over your love for maroon and white rainbows, he love the school just as much as you, not everyone sees the world as you do, I know that's a shock but that's what it is.

That's not what Dan said. In fact, he stated 34 could be a great poster if he would just stop with the labeling and name calling.

Coach34
09-22-2019, 12:03 PM
One thing that doesn't get mentioned enough is how many freshmen we are playing. Sometimes almost half the defense is freshmen along with freshman QB and at times RB. We can get to 7 wins but this team has a chance to be really good in 2 years when these guys are juniors.

I dont see this. There are only 3 freshmen listed on the defense 2 deep for Kentucky. We are young at DT for sure- but we have alot of veterans everywhere else. Emerson getting some secondary time is a credit to him and his being P5 ready to play- not about us being forced to play him.

We are recruiting well it appears tho- so that certainly gives hope for the future.

Coach007
09-22-2019, 12:08 PM
Plastic Man comes from a career full of injuries- which led to him switching schools because he lost the QB job at Penn State in the Spring- why? Because of injury. Some guys just arent durable no matter what their level of talent is. Stop being a woman and enjoy your day.

- that's BS
- It's not helpful
- Just stop the name calling. It's what descends the board into ciaos and for no GOOD reason. Literally there is NO good reason for the labeling of players and coaching. All it does is cause strife here.

- He hasn't had a career full of injuries. He had 1 injury at PSU and they mismanaged it. He needed the surgery. 1 is not a career full of.

Coach34
09-22-2019, 12:08 PM
That's not what Dan said. In fact, he stated 34 could be a great poster if he would just stop with the labeling and name calling.

A) there is no "could be". I am a legendary poster.

B) I literally nickname everybody I deal with in life. Online will never be any different. You should get to enjoy all the ribbing I give my midget QB all week about being in Bad Santa.

Coursesuper
09-22-2019, 12:17 PM

I can make that post to you also since you are very much adept at telling folks how the should act and if they don't act and if they don't post just like you then they are less of a Mississippi State fan as you, which is some world class bullshit. I'm not getting getting drug down into your very very small minded view of things have a nice life.

Coach34
09-22-2019, 12:23 PM
- He hasn't had a career full of injuries. He had 1 injury at PSU and they mismanaged it. He needed the surgery. 1 is not a career full of.

Wrong:

https://www.blackshoediaries.com/2018/8/18/17750058/penn-state-nittany-lions-football-quarterback-tommy-stevens-suffers-suffers-another-foot-injury

https://www.mcall.com/sports/penn-state/mc-spt-penn-state-football-tommy-stevens-citrus-bowl-20181226-story.html

"Stevens had a difficult year with injuries, which caused him to miss most of spring drills and the season’s first four games. He played in seven games at quarterback and the ‘Lion’ position, rushing for 118 yards and two touchdowns. Stevens completed 8 of 11 passes for 110 yards and another score."

Please try to be factual when you post 007- dont post with emotion

Coursesuper
09-22-2019, 12:33 PM
Wrong:

https://www.blackshoediaries.com/2018/8/18/17750058/penn-state-nittany-lions-football-quarterback-tommy-stevens-suffers-suffers-another-foot-injury

https://www.mcall.com/sports/penn-state/mc-spt-penn-state-football-tommy-stevens-citrus-bowl-20181226-story.html

"Stevens had a difficult year with injuries, which caused him to miss most of spring drills and the season’s first four games. He played in seven games at quarterback and the ‘Lion’ position, rushing for 118 yards and two touchdowns. Stevens completed 8 of 11 passes for 110 yards and another score."

34 I believe it's best to use drunk people rules with this one " Do not engage, do not engage, not capable of comprehension."

timotheus
09-22-2019, 12:46 PM
this

RocketDawg
09-22-2019, 12:51 PM
Yes.

dantheman4248
09-22-2019, 12:52 PM

Did you read the last sentence of my post?

Bdawg
09-22-2019, 12:54 PM
Only one I disagree with is #3. Seems we had our way with them(surprisingly) all day long. Just shot ourselves in the foot to end most drives. Only a few penalties and turnover got us out of sync. Thought Joe called good game and our OL really stepped up after last week. I really thought we would be in trouble after watching us against KSU and then watching KY against Fl the same day. Everything else I can't argue with. I agree. Cam played like a stud in my eyes. Good pass defense and some really nice tackles. Hell he tackles better than our safeties, and that's just sad. Also, can't believe KY didn't stick with the ground game.

Coach007
09-22-2019, 12:58 PM
Wrong:

The injury was the same foot sir.

https://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-football/article228788929.html

“Up until this point last year, I never missed a practice. In high school, I never missed anything. I wouldn’t say durability is an issue,” Stevens said in Holuba Hall after practice.

This time last year, the dual-threat passer sat in a mobilized scooter observing spring practice. Then he was seen wearing a walking boot in August and missed the first four games of the 2018 season.

That same injury led to surgery after they played him in 2018. It was mismanaged.

This article is from this year. and lays out the time line. "This time last year" means he was injured going into the 2018 season. He was wearing a boot. He needed surgery then (before season). He then was played in 2018 hurt, aggravating the foot again. He then under went surgery.

Stevens met with the media for the first time since November. Back then, Trace McSorley playing hurt dominated headlines. But Stevens was doing the same, dealing with a foot injury that he eventually had surgery on prior to the Citrus Bowl.

So no, he is not injury "prone" and has not dealt with a "career" full of them. Up until his foot injury in 2018, he had not missed a practice at any level.

Coach007
09-22-2019, 12:59 PM
34 I believe it's best to use drunk people rules with this one " Do not engage, do not engage, not capable of comprehension."

Or maybe he should research the facts better.

Lord McBuckethead
09-22-2019, 01:01 PM
A) there is no "could be". I am a legendary poster.

B) I literally nickname everybody I deal with in life. Online will never be any different. You should get to enjoy all the ribbing I give my midget QB all week about being in Bad Santa.

You're something. But you are better and less of a douchebag when you stick to analysis and check the 3rd grade bullshit at the door. Seriously, its cringe worthy and you generally are better than that.

Tbonewannabe
09-22-2019, 01:03 PM
I have to agree with you. All the nicknames that 34 likes to give people have gotten old.

Interesting that a guy named Peaches likes to give disparaging nicknames.

Coach34
09-22-2019, 01:05 PM
Somebody that misses significant practice in 2 consecutive Springs, 4 games in 2018, the bowl game, and 2 games in 2019 is indeed "injury-prone"

Tbonewannabe
09-22-2019, 01:06 PM
I dont see this. There are only 3 freshmen listed on the defense 2 deep for Kentucky. We are young at DT for sure- but we have alot of veterans everywhere else. Emerson getting some secondary time is a credit to him and his being P5 ready to play- not about us being forced to play him.

We are recruiting well it appears tho- so that certainly gives hope for the future.

Tyler Williams, Emerson, and Jarrian Jones play a lot. That doesn't include the Dline.

BeastMan
09-22-2019, 01:09 PM
Good stuff Coach

2. I agree in theory but I think our best chance to win the game is with healthy Stevens. That said, Shrader is the future and should get reps all year long. To hell with a redshirt

4. You?re dead on regarding Shrader?s awareness. He?s elusive within the pocket. He feels the pressure and reacts. We haven?t seen that since Dak.

5. Methinks Guidry ain?t real bright and we were better without him. More Payton and Zuber.

6. Our interior DL is horrendous. I look at it like the beginning of a 401k. We?re making deposits for the future. It?ll get better and I?m hoping we start seeing some incremental growth the last 4 games.

7. Gay is an NFL guy all day. The only elite defender we have right now. However, he?s totally out of control emotionally. You only have 4 games you can play this year and you get yourself ejected before halftime. Incredibly immature showing.

CadaverDawg
09-22-2019, 01:11 PM
Secondary has been the most depressing unit so far.

Lol wut?

If the secondary depresses you more than our DL knowing what's coming our way starting next week, I don't even know what to say

Coach007
09-22-2019, 01:11 PM
Really, has Stevens had surgery when it was needed, he would not be at MS ST.

He could have had the surgery, gotten a medical RS due to the loss of a season and been healthy going into 2019 Spring with 2 years left. I don't think he transfers under that.

Coach007
09-22-2019, 01:20 PM
Somebody that misses significant practice in 2 consecutive Springs, 4 games in 2018, the bowl game, and 2 games in 2019 is indeed "injury-prone"

No, it's not. It's mismanagement of an injury by the staff who had to have him in 2018. Without Stevens, they had to rely on a freshman. They knew that.

Coursesuper
Did you read the last sentence of my post?

Yes, that's the problem, you are literally passing judgment, telling the guy he could be a better poster if he was more like you. If you can't see that then sorry.

MetEdDawg
Lol wut?

If the secondary depresses you more than our DL knowing what's coming our way starting next week, I don't even know what to say

We knew the DL was going to struggle. Not much disappointment there when they do exactly what you think they will do. But our secondary has not been as solid as most expected. We've got quite a bit of experience in the secondary. And so far they have not played like it

dantheman4248
09-22-2019, 01:25 PM
Yes, that's the problem, you are literally passing judgment, telling the guy he could be a better poster if he was more like you. If you can't see that then sorry.

More like me? No... less like an asshole. There’s a reason his reputation here is so divise. He makes good points but he goes about them in the worst way.

Coursesuper
09-22-2019, 01:31 PM
More like me? No... less like an asshole. There’s a reason his reputation here is so divise. He makes good points but he goes about them in the worst way.

Evoking drunk people rule here.

Dawg61
09-22-2019, 01:44 PM
Stop being a woman and enjoy your day.

Was initially disappointed this was your go to insult when there's so many better options available till I remembered you've been divorced 48 times already and now have a totally 17ed up outlook towards females.

I seen it dawg
09-22-2019, 02:09 PM

Lol you realize you wasted all this on something that he knew was gonna create this? Rookie

I seen it dawg
09-22-2019, 02:10 PM
- that's BS
- It's not helpful
- Just stop the name calling. It's what descends the board into ciaos and for no GOOD reason. Literally there is NO good reason for the labeling of players and coaching. All it does is cause strife here.

Never miss an opportunity to argue your ass off at any and everything. You keep being you.

Coach007
09-22-2019, 02:12 PM
Never miss an opportunity to argue your ass off at any and everything. You keep being you.

Just pointing out that 1 injury prior to being here is not injury prone. If that is the case... Dak and most players are injury prone.

Coursesuper
09-22-2019, 02:15 PM
Someone fire up a Ron White quote here please.

I seen it dawg
09-22-2019, 02:17 PM
Just pointing out that 1 injury prior to being here is not injury prone. If that is the case... Dak and most players are injury prone.

I know you are.

dantheman4248
09-22-2019, 02:40 PM
Lol you realize you wasted all this on something that he knew was gonna create this? Rookie

So you?re saying he?s a troll and I?m in the wrong for taking the bait of a troll and not the troll for setting the bait? Got it.

BogeyGolfer
09-22-2019, 02:54 PM
1. Nothing like a win on Friday, Saturday, and your Cowboys being a 23 point favorite in the NFL on a Sunday in a game I'll get to see for a change because film meeting doesnt begin until 3pm.

2. Love our Freshman QB. What a great signing this was. Personally, I would roll with him the rest of the season and let Plastic Man be the back-up and relief guy. Let Shrader get his experience and make him better down the line. Seems like an easy decision. That said- don't let Shrader's confidence take too big of a hit next week and against Bama. Quick hook him and keep him confident. Next week will be rough sledding- but Jo can do a good job of helping him with quick throws and such as he did yesterday.

3. That said- our offense never really seems in sync. We had a ton of yards but only 14 points offensively until the last drive of the game when we decided to run it down their throats. We have to make the QB a little more of a runner throughout the game instead of just at the end. That's how you keep balance in the spread offense.

4. Shrader's ability to make DL guys and blitzers miss is outstanding for anybody- let alone a freshman. Yet another reason to keep him in there as the starter. He's not a stationary target that is going to get hit alot because he doesnt see blitzers or makes wrong reads. He's just going to get better here.

5. We didnt miss Guidry one bit. Not even a little. Need to go to Mitchell more. He has really improved the last 2 years. Dear to RB is the best move for him and for us. I hope he finally embraces what people have told him for 5 years now.

6. Our DL is as bad as I thought it would be. We keep getting gashed there. Thank goodness Kentucky felt like they needed to keep throwing the football. This is not going to get any better throughout this season. Shoop is doing a helluva job tho of dialing up pressure when we need it. Hope he keeps guessing correctly. Our lack of a pass rusher is also obvious. But many of us knew this goiing into the season and arent surprised. I mentioned it here and got pushback from others of course who touted Rivers as more effective than Sweat. 39 sacks last season- we have 7 thru 4 games this year.

7. Willie Gay is an NFL LB'er and its obvious. He needs to get his emotions in check. Leo Lewis is not. Easy to see the difference when each is in the game. The announcer pointing out Gay checking the TE due to formation and jumping that route was straight due to film study and instincts. Pro play right there.

8. We were lucky Kentucky was inept. Bowden Jr dropped 2 TD passes in the 2nd Q and Kentucky got no points on either drive. Well, the 2nd one he would have probably fallen on the 1 yard line- but they would have punched it in vs our DL. Bowden was being selfish on the one right before half and didnt jump out there to grab it and cradle it- he was trying to remain in the end zone and snag it. Selfish play cost them big time.

9. Helluva job by Dantzler on Kentucky's big WR. Just bigtime play yesterday. Played physical with him and didnt give the Ky QB much of a window to get it to him. 1 PI call but I'll take it. Damn good job.

10. Sorry guys- Cole aint Abram. He is not even close as a tackler nor are the other safeties. We havent tackled very well in space so far this year and with Auburn, LSU, A&M, and Bammer coming we arent likely to improve.

Good win for us at home with our young QB. He is not the future- he should be the now with this season being what it is with the suspensions and such. He will take his lumps next week against Auburn and will struggle- but it's all part of the growth process. It will make visiting Tenn alot easier for him. Hail State!

As usual, I agree with pretty much everything you've stated...Play Schrader and get the FR DT's experience. It will pay off later in the year and next year.

HoopsDawg
09-22-2019, 04:04 PM

Honestly, you are ruining this board.

Tbonewannabe
09-22-2019, 04:19 PM
Honestly, you are ruining this board.

Just a weird comment to respond to since 007 actually proved with facts that Stevens wasn't any more injury prone than Dak was. 007 is way out there on the positive end but we also have people saying we had no chance against UK. Both opinions seems to drive conversation.

BeardoMSU
09-22-2019, 04:41 PM
Both opinions seems to drive conversation.

Very true, often bogging down every thread we have, I'd add. Both sides have valid points, but those valid points seem to inevitably get drowned out by the noise...it's getting painful, fellas. Literally every thread devolves to posters calling out other posters for calling out other posters. It's literally become the political-commentary equivalent of listening to Rachael Maddow and Sean Hannity hysterically scream each other down.

Commercecomet24
09-22-2019, 04:51 PM
Very true, often bogging down every thread we have, I'd add. Both sides have valid points, but those valid points seem to inevitably get drowned out by the noise...it's getting painful, fellas. Literally every thread devolves to posters calling out other posters for calling out other posters. It's literally become the political-commentary equivalent of listening to Rachael Maddow and Sean Hannity hysterically scream each other down.

Dang skippy!

HoopsDawg
09-22-2019, 05:26 PM
Just a weird comment to respond to since 007 actually proved with facts that Stevens wasn't any more injury prone than Dak was. 007 is way out there on the positive end but we also have people saying we had no chance against UK. Both opinions seems to drive conversation.

That wasn't a response to one particular post. Just in general. I come to this board for info, good takes, and good debate. He doesn't provide any of the 3. Which would be fine if he wasn't participating in every fckn thread.

msstatelp1
09-22-2019, 05:41 PM
So you?re saying he?s a troll and I?m in the wrong for taking the bait of a troll and not the troll for setting the bait? Got it.

Nobody's saying that. Remember the old adage about never mud wrestle with a pig because you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it?

Homedawg
09-22-2019, 07:05 PM
Really, has Stevens had surgery when it was needed, he would not be at MS ST.

He could have had the surgery, gotten a medical RS due to the loss of a season and been healthy going into 2019 Spring with 2 years left. I don't think he transfers under that.

Stevens had already redshirted. So he wasn't eligible for a redshirt. An no he's not a good candidate for a 6th year either. Just thought I'd help you out since you didn't know.

Homedawg
09-22-2019, 07:07 PM
I love opposing opinions. But this dude, or woman, whatever, is living in sunshine land. Then gets all pissed when everyone doesn't.

Homedawg
09-22-2019, 07:09 PM

I'm all outta diamonds.... that aight??

Coursesuper
09-22-2019, 07:22 PM
I'm all outta diamonds.... that aight??

That’s a good one, but now I’m thinking “ You can’t fix stupid”.

Commercecomet24
09-22-2019, 07:26 PM

Love Ron White.

Homedawg
09-22-2019, 07:32 PM

Sooo many choices..... but yes.

confucius say
09-22-2019, 07:33 PM
Stevens had already redshirted. So he wasn't eligible for a redshirt. An no he's not a good candidate for a 6th year either. Just thought I'd help you out since you didn't know.

He literally used the word ?medical? in his post. Therefore, it appears he did know that TS had already redshirted, as I believe one can only use a medical redshirt if he or she has already used his or her redshirt, otherwise it is treated as a normal redshirt and then if it happens again you can apply for a sixth year via a medical redshirt

BeardoMSU
09-22-2019, 07:35 PM

https://youtu.be/Cin0Aiq-ZaY?t=603

Homedawg
09-22-2019, 07:38 PM
He literally used the word ?medical? in his post. Therefore, it appears he did know that TS had already redshirted, as I believe one can only use a medical redshirt if he or she has already used his or her redshirt.

And I'm telling you like I was telling him that's not right. There is a redshirt and then there is a 6th year hardship. And those typically go to players who have been injured more than once. Thus causing the hardship. But I love it when people like you, who don't know what they are talking about, try to inform me of how it works.

Coach34
09-22-2019, 07:46 PM
"You can't go three months without having sex with me. I'll go have sex with somebody else. I know, I've seen me do it. "

Commercecomet24
09-22-2019, 07:47 PM
https://youtu.be/Cin0Aiq-ZaY?t=603

Man that is one of the funniest stories I've ever heard! Rep for you!

Commercecomet24
09-22-2019, 07:49 PM
"The next time you have a thought...let it go"-Ron White

I seen it dawg
09-22-2019, 08:30 PM

Holy hell this is right. Trying to clean some of it up but it ain't easy.

Coach007
09-22-2019, 09:43 PM

A RS is not the as a medical RS.

The point was that had he taken the surgery in the summer of 2018, he would have missed the whole season of 2018 at PSU. That could have earned him a medical redshirt for the 2018 season. He would have been healthy for the spring on 2019 and stayed at PSU.

confucius say
09-22-2019, 09:51 PM
And I'm telling you like I was telling him that's not right. There is a redshirt and then there is a 6th year hardship. And those typically go to players who have been injured more than once. Thus causing the hardship. But I love it when people like you, who don't know what they are talking about, try to inform me of how it works.

I edited my post at 737 and you replied at 738.

Semantics I guess on whether you want to call the sixth year in this specific scenario a 6th year hardship or a medical redshirt. They have the same effect when the sixth year hardship is due to an injury.

But it is not mandatory that you have been injured before in order to receive a medical redshirt/6th year hardship waiver. I had a college teammate who had not been previously injured who received a sixth year. The situation just has to be deemed to be extraordinary (you know, like, being misdiagnosed twice by team doctors). But sure, keep sounding liking a pompous ass who knows more than everyone.

timotheus
09-22-2019, 09:53 PM
ding ding ding

Coach007
09-22-2019, 09:55 PM

Medical redshirts are approved for players who meet strict criteria: They must have suffered the season-ending injury during the first half of the season, and they could not have played in more than three games before sustaining the injury.

A bullet form for you:

To be eligible for a medical hardship waiver, a student-athlete has to meet the following criteria:

The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school.
The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury.
The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season.
The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.

Coursesuper
09-22-2019, 10:07 PM
Y'all, ole double naught here has lost it completely he wil argue until his balls fall off, please observe drunk protocol and do not engage. I'll just leave this from an earlier post " The next time you have a thought.....let it go". Ron White Credit CC24.

Coach007
09-22-2019, 10:12 PM
Y'all, ole double naught here has lost it completely he wil argue until his balls fall off, please observe drunk protocol and do not engage. I'll just leave this from an earlier post " The next time you have a thought.....let it go". Ron White Credit CC24.

Facts are facts. But you do you. There is an actual ignore function.

gravedigger
09-23-2019, 09:55 AM

1. Agree
2. Poor idea. Joe should stick with the guy that has most of the playbook and the ability to throw to keep running lanes open vs a team that will destroy a primary running qb.
3. Agree it's not in sync. Dissagree with running the qb more. Take what the defense gives you. Kylin needs the touches if running lanes are open. Pass down field more.
4. Agree, but not enough to bench a healthy Stevens.
5. We miss an effective Guidry like the one that played USM. Sadly, he hasnt shown much of anything outside that game.
6. Agree to an extent. When we are healthy and not suspended, we have a serviceable defense.
7. Agree. But Willie either gets his crap together or he's going to wind up like Pig Prather at the wonderlic.
8. Agree. But they were lucky too. We dropped a couple of interceptions, and missed a wide open receiver on throwing one. It happens. That is the game.
9. Agree
10. Agree

Homedawg
09-23-2019, 10:50 AM
Medical redshirts are approved for players who meet strict criteria: They must have suffered the season-ending injury during the first half of the season, and they could not have played in more than three games before sustaining the injury.

A bullet form for you:

To be eligible for a medical hardship waiver, a student-athlete has to meet the following criteria:

The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school.
The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury.
The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season.
The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.

I'M well aware of what the rules are. Glad you are too now.. But now there are no such things as medical redshirts, bc anyone can play in 4 games. just FYI

1bigdawg
09-23-2019, 11:06 AM
5. We miss an effective Guidry like the one that played USM. Sadly, he hasnt shown much of anything outside that game.
7. Agree. But Willie either gets his crap together or he's going to wind up like Pig Prather at the wonderlic.

5. Guidry caught a couple of balls against USM, but he took a lot of plays off. I agree with 34, play the other guys.
7. Wonderlic wasn't Prather's problem, his 40 time was.

gravedigger
09-23-2019, 11:24 AM
5. Guidry caught a couple of balls against USM, but he took a lot of plays off. I agree with 34, play the other guys.

He made a 4.

Coach007
09-23-2019, 11:32 AM
I'M well aware of what the rules are. Glad you are too now.. But now there are no such things as medical redshirts, bc anyone can play in 4 games. just FYI

Really? That's interesting considering Jaydon Grant just got one a month ago. He has been reclassified as a redshirt sophomore for the 2019 season. He was out all of 2016 season due to a shoulder injury.

Khavon Moore applied for one this year...

Tbonewannabe
09-23-2019, 11:34 AM

He didn't care at that point. He didn't rehab his shoulder and didn't really train. The wonderlic score was just representative of how much he actually cared.

Homedawg
09-23-2019, 12:08 PM
Really? That's interesting considering Jaydon Grant just got one a month ago. He has been reclassified as a redshirt sophomore for the 2019 season. He was out all of 2016 season due to a shoulder injury.

Khavon Moore applied for one this year...

FROM 2018 GOING FORWARD FROM WHEN THE RULE WAS IMPLEMENTED. DAMN DUDE. DIDN'T THINK I'D HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT TO YOU. I WAS WRONG.

Coursesuper
09-23-2019, 12:13 PM
FROM 2018 GOING FORWARD FROM WHEN THE RULE WAS IMPLEMENTED. DAMN DUDE. DIDN'T THINK I'D HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT TO YOU. I WAS WRONG.

Double Naught will argue any point, he is never ever wrong. If you don't believe it just ask him, or not, he'll tell you anyway. Gotta keep working that post count up.

Coach007
09-23-2019, 12:42 PM

1- I was referring to Stevens while at PSU which would be PRIOR to what you stated.

2- However, Straight up from the NCAA DI website:

https://www.ncaa.org/compliance/reinstatement/student-athlete-reinstatement

Scroll down to the rule blue tab labeled: NCAA Bylaw 12.8.4 – Hardship Waiver

HARDSHIP WAIVER NCAA BYLAW 12.8.4

This application must be completed for all Patriot League eligibility cases that involve NCAA hardship and for an NCAA Hardship Waiver. Applications must be complete and include all of the required documentation as listed below.

I. SUMMARY

Institution: _________________________________ Student-Athlete: ____________________________________

Sport: ________________________________ Season of Injury _________________________________________

II. INJURY OR ILLNESS

1. Did the incapacitating injury or illness occur in one of the four seasons of intercollegiate competition at any two-year or four-year institution?

Yes _______ No ______ Institution at Which Injury Occurred: __________________________

2. Nature of injury or illness: __________________________________________________ _________

3. Date of injury or illness: __________________________________________________ ___________

4. Attending Physician: __________________________________________________ ______________

5. Specific date student-athlete was medically cleared to return to competition: ____________________

III. TEAM SPORTS ONLY [12.8.4 (c)]: Did the injury or illness occur before the student-athlete participated in more than three (3) contests or dates of competition or 30% (round up and whichever number is greater) of the institution’s scheduled contests or dates of competition in his or her sport?

Yes________ No __________ Date of last competition: ________________________

__________ Number of completed or scheduled contests/dates of competition* (whichever is applicable.)

__________ Number of contests/dates of competition* participated by petitioning student-athlete

__________ Number of contests/dates of competition that equals 30% of the team’s season (please round up)

__________ Percentage of contests/dates of competition in which the student-athlete participated

__________ Date of first competition in second half of the season

*Count all competition against outside participants (excluding scrimmages and exhibitions) during the traditional or official championship playing season in that sport. Include the Patriot League Championship, if applicable, but do not include NCAA Championship participation.

Team Sports - 12.8.4 (c) Individual Sports - 12.8.4 (d) Baseball Women's Rugby Women's Bowling Skiing Basketball Women's Sand Volleyball Cross Country Swimming and Diving Field Hockey Soccer Women's Equestrian Tennis Football Softball Fencing Track and Field Ice Hockey Volleyball Golf Women's Triathlon Lacrosse Water Polo Gymnastics Wrestling Women's Rowing Rifle

IV. INDIVIDUAL SPORTS ONLY [12.8.4 (d)]: Did the injury or illness occur before the student-athlete participated in more than three (3) dates of competition or 30% (round up and whichever number is greater) of the maximum permissible number of dates of competition set forth in Bylaw 17 plus one date for a conference championship?

Yes________ No __________ Date of last competition: ________________________

__________ Maximum permissible number of dates of competition for student-athlete’s sport per Bylaw 17.

Is there a conference Championship administered in this sport? Yes _______ No ______

__________ Number of dates of competition* participated by petitioning student-athlete

__________ Number of dates of competition that equals 30% of the team’s season (dates of competition plus one Conference championship, if applicable. Please round up).

__________ Percentage of dates in which the student-athlete participated

First Half of the Season Calculation**:

_________ First countable date _________ Last date of the first half of season

_________ First date of the second half of season _________ Last countable date

_________ Number of institutional vacation days in a segment (e.g. fall break; time between fall and spring semesters in tennis and golf) during which no athletically related activities occurred.

__________ Date of first competition in second half of the season

*Count all competition against outside participants (excluding those exempted by Bylaw 17) during the traditional or official championship playing season in that sport.

**Count the number of days in the season, starting with the first countable date (not exempt) used by any member of the team, and ending with the conference championship or last regular season event (whichever is later). Exclude any breaks in the declared season. Divide the number of days by two, rounding any fractions up. Count forward from the first date of competition to determine the last date of the first half of the season, skipping any days that were during a declared break in the season. Competition up to that date was in the first half of the season.

Required attachments that must accompany all hardship waiver petitions:

_______ Memo on institutional letterhead that details the request.

_______ Per NCAA bylaw 12.8.4.3.3 “Medical Documentation” – A letter from the treating medical doctor (not team trainer) and/or psychological doctor who administered care at the time of the injury or illness is required for all cases involving hardship. The letter must state that the injury or illness was incapacitating in nature and resulted in the student-athlete missing a season of competition. (Note: In the case of a pre-existing injury or illness that occurred prior to collegiate enrollment and/or prior to the start of the sport specific playing and practice season, the application must include a letter from the treating physician that states the condition was incapacitating regardless of whether the student-athlete was charged with a season of competition per the NCAA.).

_______ Participation report (e.g. composite statistics for the applicable season).

_______ Complete team schedule for the applicable season (record must indicate those contests actually completed, not simply those scheduled).
_______ If applicable, Patriot League Eligibility Waiver (additional documentation required for 5th year/post baccalaureate).

Waiver Submitted by: _________________________________________________ ________________ Signature and Title Date

When are they going to remove this from their bylaws.

You have a great day... done with the conversation

Tbonewannabe
09-23-2019, 02:47 PM
Double Naught will argue any point, he is never ever wrong. If you don't believe it just ask him, or not, he'll tell you anyway. Gotta keep working that post count up.

Is Coach007, Coach34's split personality to get the post count up? Pretty genius to get traffic up.

BeardoMSU
09-23-2019, 03:10 PM
Is Coach007, Coach34's split personality to get the post count up? Pretty genius to get traffic up.

He's definitely behaving as if he get paid by ED per every syllable he writes....

Dawg61
09-23-2019, 03:14 PM

No he's Cyrus the Virus

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D8CnidIxYGA/T-jGSTrjDSI/AAAAAAAABWw/hQOoDENHs8o/s1600/Cyrus.jpg

BiscuitEater
09-23-2019, 03:17 PM

Yepper .. c*nt 34 strikes again!

Coursesuper
09-23-2019, 03:17 PM

Double Naught, is definitely posting like they are getting paid for it, they are omnipresent.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2019, 05:05 PM
No he's Cyrus the Virus

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D8CnidIxYGA/T-jGSTrjDSI/AAAAAAAABWw/hQOoDENHs8o/s1600/Cyrus.jpg

Awesome! Great movie!

I seen it dawg
09-23-2019, 05:35 PM
He's definitely behaving as if he get paid by ED per every syllable he writes....

I vehemently deny this....it's becoming diminishing returns

BeardoMSU
09-23-2019, 05:58 PM
No he's Cyrus the Virus

"If your dick jumps out of your pants, you jump out of this plane."

Between Cyrus and KGB (Rounders), Malkovich is at his most Malkovich, lol.

BeardoMSU
09-23-2019, 06:00 PM
I vehemently deny this....it's becoming diminishing returns

Maybe OM spies are paying him to create havoc on our message board. Or Russians.**

I seen it dawg
09-23-2019, 06:12 PM
At this point nothing surprises me