PDA

View Full Version : Coach, a few EliteDawgs questions...

CadaverDawg
04-15-2013, 09:18 PM
1. How has traffic ben since that first week? Many new members? Are there a lot of viewers that haven't joined?

2. What is the little green dot underneath the username?

3. Anything new coming in the near future? Features, updates, etc..?

Just curious as to how things have been in comparison to where you thought they'd be at this time.

Coach34
04-15-2013, 09:41 PM
1. How has traffic ben since that first week? Many new members? Are there a lot of viewers that haven't joined?

2. What is the little green dot underneath the username?

3. Anything new coming in the near future? Features, updates, etc..?

Just curious as to how things have been in comparison to where you thought they'd be at this time.

We are up to 380 members- and we get twice that many visitors per day coming by. I think you have some people that like reading but wont join yet, some people that like reading but wont join because I helped start it, and some people that hate me and want to see what I've said next. Our number of members will steadily grow with time-especially once we get to August and football begins....and basketball then rolls around....this is basically a slower time for message boarding anyway- and then you get the snail's crawl months of June and July.

The green dot is for a poster's reputation feature. If you really like a post or really hate a post- click on the star under their name and rate them.

We absolutely have some good things coming down the pike. We've got a couple of good IT guys running the show and they just need some time to get things like we want it. I also plan to start doing some writing again, and we might even get some time to get the podcast going. I've just got alot going on right now and havent had time to do those things like I want. Having a 4 yr old and one that's almost 2 keeps ya busy coaching t-ball and all that mess.

Things overall are about as expected. Some Sixpack people are mad, some are rejoicing, and some dont give a shit one way or the other. I just hope Dawggeezer joins over here so I can continue to love on him like I have over the years. I like where we are headed with this site, and dont see it getting anything but better.

CadaverDawg
04-15-2013, 09:47 PM
We are up to 380 members- and we get twice that many visitors per day coming by. I think you have some people that like reading but wont join yet, some people that like reading but wont join because I helped start it, and some people that hate me and want to see what I've said next. Our number of members will steadily grow with time-especially once we get to August and football begins....and basketball then rolls around....this is basically a slower time for message boarding anyway- and then you get the snail's crawl months of June and July.

The green dot is for a poster's reputation feature. If you really like a post or really hate a post- click on the star under their name and rate them.

We absolutely have some good things coming down the pike. We've got a couple of good IT guys running the show and they just need some time to get things like we want it. I also plan to start doing some writing again, and we might even get some time to get the podcast going. I've just got alot going on right now and havent had time to do those things like I want. Having a 4 yr old and one that's almost 2 keeps ya busy coaching t-ball and all that mess.

Things overall are about as expected. Some Sixpack people are mad, some are rejoicing, and some dont give a shit one way or the other. I just hope Dawggeezer joins over here so I can continue to love on him like I have over the years. I like where we are headed with this site, and dont see it getting anything but better.

Well, for what it's worth, I think it has been pretty good so far. I definitely think when it comes to baseball, most of the most knowledgeable posters have joined. There is not a ton of new threads each day yet, but at the same time 1. It is a new site, and 2. You don't have to shuffle through the OT garbage to get to the meat. So that has been a good thing really.

I agree that the timing is not prime right now for message boarding, but I feel like it's off to a good start even with that. Props on what you guys have done so far. Keep up the good work.

msstate7
04-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Well, for what it's worth, I think it has been pretty good so far. I definitely think when it comes to baseball, most of the most knowledgeable posters have joined. There is not a ton of new threads each day yet, but at the same time 1. It is a new site, and 2. You don't have to shuffle through the OT garbage to get to the meat. So that has been a good thing really.

I agree that the timing is not prime right now for message boarding, but I feel like it's off to a good start even with that. Props on what you guys have done so far. Keep up the good work.

I agree. Well said

Bo Darville
04-15-2013, 10:05 PM
I've been impressed so far. This is a good place to talk sports with a hard emphasis on MSU sports. It's good to talk about the good, the bad, the realistic, and the expectations. It's been a good group of posters to this point. It hasn't digressed (yet) into who is coolest, cleverest, or biggest smart ass. Coach had some haters on the pack, but nobody can question his desire to see MSU win and win big.

War Machine Dawg
04-15-2013, 10:14 PM

+1 Spot on, Cadaver. I look forward to see the direction this board takes during the baseball playoffs, but especially football season. Should be some pretty awesome discussions then.

CadaverDawg
04-15-2013, 10:20 PM
+1 Spot on, Cadaver.

I had to give you some "reputation points" for this^^. Others can take notice that I give reputation points to any post that includes those words.* Ha

hailmari
04-15-2013, 10:35 PM
I've enjoyed this site also. Easy to navigate, good threads, seemingly educated posters.. My only thing is that I can't for the life of me figure out how to load a profile pic.

CadaverDawg
04-15-2013, 10:38 PM
I agree. Well said

reputation points for you as well.

hacker
04-15-2013, 10:59 PM
I've been finding more relevant threads here than SPS. Finding myself slowly checking this site more than SPS.

FlabLoser
04-16-2013, 01:17 AM
I've enjoyed this site also. Easy to navigate, good threads, seemingly educated posters.. My only thing is that I can't for the life of me figure out how to load a profile pic.

At the very top, click on Settings. From there you can click on Profile pic or Avatar pic.

ghostofjackie
04-16-2013, 01:25 AM
I've been impressed so far. This is a good place to talk sports with a hard emphasis on MSU sports. It's good to talk about the good, the bad, the realistic, and the expectations. It's been a good group of posters to this point. It hasn't digressed (yet) into who is coolest, cleverest, or biggest smart ass. Coach had some haters on the pack, but nobody can question his desire to see MSU win and win big.

We are here, so be careful what you post

Drewbowski
04-16-2013, 01:53 AM
I've been finding more relevant threads here than SPS. Finding myself slowly checking this site more than SPS.

bingo! SPS has just become a trolling contest and a place for married men to find nsfw posts.

t45fixer
04-16-2013, 04:57 AM
I'm starting to dislike the pack more and more each day.

quickstrike2
04-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Good thing going here with the board. Looking forward to football season to see how it develops.

biscuit
04-16-2013, 08:10 AM

Well said. I like reading about State sports not some off topic BS.

Dawgdom
04-16-2013, 08:12 AM
No dislike for the Pack...just needed something new. I still check in on the SPS, just not as much.

FISHDAWG
04-16-2013, 08:17 AM
screw the reputation points ... I want the V-cash .... I still read and post on SPS but I kind of consider this as my home board - better topics, better discussion, more civility, and no Optimus-Prime or HD6

CadaverDawg
04-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Yea, my intentions weren't to start a SPS vs EliteDawgs thread. I still read and post on both. But to each his own.

I like how they both have a style of their own.

ghostofjackie
04-16-2013, 11:45 AM
What about T-shirts? You have enough posters to come up with a classy design and market it.

Coach34
04-16-2013, 11:49 AM
What about T-shirts? You have enough posters to come up with a classy design and market it.

Good idea- I like that. Especially with a few Elitedawgs going to be on the sidelines for the State-Oklahoma State game

biscuit
04-16-2013, 01:06 PM
I need a shirt.

ghostofjackie
04-16-2013, 02:13 PM
I'll be there. I'm 100% positive I won't be wearing an EliteDawgs shirt to the game though.

But it would be cool to have another MSU shirt.