PDA

View Full Version : Which 3 games are you playing Willie Gay Jr. in?

Dawg61
09-21-2019, 08:34 PM
This thread isn't meant to dump on him for getting himself ejected today. Obviously he can't be doing that moving forward. Let's not rehash it. He is an absolute difference maker on the field though and I think we might be able to steal a win or two vs someone we might of lost to without him. So pick your 3 games left carefully. I am picking Auburn, aTm and LSU. I think we beat Ole Miss, Arkansas and Tennessee regardless of what we do with Gay and we'd lose to Bama regardless as well. I am rolling the dice with him vs LSU instead of using him against Tennessee although I might switch them depending on the next couple of weeks if Tennessee starts showing some life and LSU continues to look so dominant.

dawgday166
09-21-2019, 08:38 PM
I might would take a chance with Arky without him and try to trip TAM up using him and Autry.

Homedawg
09-21-2019, 08:39 PM
I want to maximize wins ark UT and ole miss. No chances.

Commercecomet24
09-21-2019, 08:41 PM

This. We gotta have those 3 wins.

HoopsDawg
09-21-2019, 08:45 PM

I completely disagree on Arkansas. They are horrible.

Dawgology
09-21-2019, 08:47 PM

UT, Ole Miss, and TAMU

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2019, 08:47 PM

Using him vs Arkansas isn't maximizing wins.

TN, A&M or LSU, and Ole Miss.

Cooterpoot
09-21-2019, 08:51 PM
TN, OM, AR/A&M

HoopsDawg
09-21-2019, 08:51 PM

Playing Gay vs Arkansas is almost the same as playing Autry vs USM. I guess I can see the point in playing Gay vs Ole Miss.

So I will go:

Gay: A&M, UT, Ole Miss
Autry: AU, A&M

AU is a power running team. Our chances of winning are low, but I don't want to get blown out.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-21-2019, 08:53 PM

LSU is way too good of a passing team for a LB to make much of a difference though... I fear our DBs will be torched regardless of if we can stop the run. A&M is more balanced and uses the TE's/RBs in the flat more, thus they seem like a better candidate to me even though we'll be on the road

Pollodawg
09-21-2019, 08:54 PM
We don’t need Gay v Arky. They’re being blown out by San Jose State.

I think you kinda punt AU, Bama, LSU and go all in on TAMU, OM and UT.

Coach007
09-21-2019, 09:00 PM
This thread isn't meant to dump on him for getting himself ejected today. Obviously he can't be doing that moving forward. Let's not rehash it. He is an absolute difference maker on the field though and I think we might be able to steal a win or two vs someone we might of lost to without him. So pick your 3 games left carefully. I am picking Auburn, aTm and LSU. I think we beat Ole Miss, Arkansas and Tennessee regardless of what we do with Gay and we'd lose to Bama regardless as well. I am rolling the dice with him vs LSU instead of using him against Tennessee although I might switch them depending on the next couple of weeks if Tennessee starts showing some life and LSU continues to look so dominant.

That's a legit question... No dumping seen....

We rule out the "obvious" wins. Abilene.... ARK, UT, and OLe Miss.

That leaves:

Auburn
LSU
TAMU
Bama

For me,

1- Auburn is a winnable game. You go all out to make a statement against a top 10 team.
2- Tamu.... Winnable. You go all out.

That leaves us a 10-2 season. You play him in the most winnable of those last 2. For me, That's LSU. They have the weaker defense and a few stops could be the difference.

dawgday166
09-21-2019, 09:02 PM

That leaves:

Auburn
LSU
TAMU
Bama

For me,

1- Auburn is a winnable game. You go all out to make a statement against a top 10 team.

That leaves us a 10-2 season. You play him in the most winnable of those last 2. For me, That's LSU. They have the weaker defense and a few stops could be the difference.

LMAO .. you really crack me up ... seriously.

Coach007
09-21-2019, 09:05 PM
LMAO .. you really crack me up ... seriously.

Awesome!

GreenheadDawg
09-21-2019, 09:14 PM

This. Play him in the games with our best chance to win

Homedawg
09-21-2019, 09:18 PM

If it keeps us from losing it is. I don't think we are winning the others either way so there's that. Hell everyone thought we'd beat KSU wo him too. Nothing is a given

Homedawg
09-21-2019, 09:19 PM

That leaves:

Auburn
LSU
TAMU
Bama

For me,

I've never ever put someone on ignore, but you say enough stupid shit that it's unreal.

Bdawg
09-21-2019, 09:21 PM
TN, aTm, OM. AR is just straight trash.

Coach007
09-21-2019, 09:23 PM
If it keeps us from losing it is. I don't think we are winning the others either way so there's that. Hell everyone thought we'd beat KSU wo him too. Nothing is a given

And would have with either of

1- Stevens healthy
2- Shrader starting and getting the reps in practice.

100% believe we win

Scared_Hitless
09-21-2019, 09:24 PM
TN, aTm, and OM. I have zero fear of Arkansas and Ole Miss but that is their final egg bowl and Senior Night so they deserve that home game. I wanna beat the others but they are much tougher games and the bowl streak is inportant.

Coach007
09-21-2019, 09:25 PM
I've never ever put someone on ignore, but you say enough stupid shit that it's unreal.

Then it's best you ignore, because I be damned if I sit by while being attacked by another poster. So do it. I would prefer it in fact.

Homedawg
09-21-2019, 09:33 PM
Then it's best you ignore, because I be damned if I sit by while being attacked by another poster. So do it. I would prefer it in fact.

Nobody attacked you in this thread. But you are delusional. Unicorn

Coach007
09-21-2019, 09:37 PM
Nobody attacked you in this thread. But you are delusional. Unicorn

Again.. is there a problem. I highly suggest you place me on ignore. Not sure your problem, but it it time you moved on. That's about the 3rd time you have personally attacked me. I won't leave it alone much longer.

FanninDawg
09-21-2019, 10:04 PM
Back to the op, doesn’t he sit another half game too?

Coach007
09-21-2019, 10:16 PM

I don't think so

Todd4State
09-21-2019, 10:25 PM
My take: LSU, Alabama, and Ole Miss for Gay.

My maybe false hope is that we can just out score everyone else with a healthy Stevens.

Todd4State
09-21-2019, 10:26 PM

I believe that's only if you get ejected in the second half of a game.

Dawg61
09-21-2019, 10:26 PM

Not positive but I don't believe so since he wasn't ejected for targeting.

Homedawg
09-21-2019, 10:29 PM

My maybe false hope is that we can just out score everyone else with a healthy Stevens.

I just don't get any reason to waste a game w bama. We have zero shot. None

sleepy dawg
09-21-2019, 10:43 PM
I still don't believe in this team. I'm going for the highest floor with Ark, Ole Miss, and Tennessee. At this point, I'm just trying to get to a bowl and get through this season.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-21-2019, 10:50 PM

This. The sooner our fans start accepting that the sooner we can accuracy make long term decisions about our program.

For example, Shotgun talks a ton about how Mullen's O was too predictable to ever beat Bama, how we have to go to a passing spread to be able to best them. He' probably right, but that line of thinking can make you hire a coach who'll loose you more overall games than if you just accepted the L and made the best hire for us, which hypothetically may be a guy who run a Mullen type system.

2017 was fools gold. We hung with an incredibly banged up Bama team and now many fans think it's possible. We're so so so far away from beating Bama... for christ sake we just lost to KState in Starkville, we're closer to going 6-6 than beating Bama. Well be lucky if we lose by less than 28. Honestly? Same for LSU this year. Focus on winning the games we can win, not on winning the games you wish we would

Todd4State
09-21-2019, 10:57 PM

That's why they should get our best shot.

We are/should be good enough to beat Arkansas and Tennessee although without Gay it could be sloppy at times like USM. Abeline Chrisitian- we better be good enough to beat them. Auburn and Texas A&M are toss ups. We could very well lose both on the road and probably will lose one of them. But both have issues just like we have issues. We're probably going to have to outscore them someway somehow to win.

Anyway- I don't want to get into a potential situation with LSU or Bama where we have a chance to win at the end of the game in Starkville but we lose because we chose to play our suspended guys against someone else.

Egg Bowl is the most inportant regular season game IMO. We need to be full force for that one although yes, we should win it without Gay.

Dawg61
09-21-2019, 11:17 PM
This. The sooner our fans start accepting that the sooner we can accuracy make long term decisions about our program.

For example, Shotgun talks a ton about how Mullen's O was too predictable to ever beat Bama, how we have to go to a passing spread to be able to best them. He' probably right, but that line of thinking can make you hire a coach who'll loose you more overall games than if you just accepted the L and made the best hire for us, which hypothetically may be a guy who run a Mullen type system.

2017 was fools gold. We hung with an incredibly banged up Bama team and now many fans think it's possible. We're so so so far away from beating Bama... for christ sake we just lost to KState in Starkville, we're closer to going 6-6 than beating Bama. Well be lucky if we lose by less than 28. Honestly? Same for LSU this year. Focus on winning the games we can win, not on winning the games you wish we would

If you can figure out a way to remove Bama from the SEC I am all for it.

Johnson85
09-22-2019, 07:59 AM
You sit Gay and Autry versus auburn. I don’t think they’re unbeatable but an awful matchup for us. You play both against UT. I think they’re garbage but we still don’t know what we have and that’s a must win. At that point, you make a call versus A&M. I think you at least play Gay. We don’t need him versus Arkansas. I think you play autry too, finishing up his season. Then you try to get past ark with neither and ole miss without Gay. That gets you hopefully 7 with a shot at 8. Otherwise, you play all hands on deck versus UT and UM, and everybody but autry versus Arkansas.

msstate7
09-22-2019, 08:07 AM
It's a tough call this week... if you play them, you most likely still lose. It's a tough message to the team though if you don't play them

gravedigger
09-22-2019, 08:17 AM

If I am Cohen, I ask Joe what his plans are for the young man going forward.

Then I tell him that the young man needs to know his season will end with another ejection from a game. He did this in the bowl game and now his first game back. Either you draw a line or you lose all control.

If I?m Joe, I play him in Tennessee, Ole Miss and either Auburn or A&M with preference to A&M.

I am concerned Willie is probably not going to do what he must to remain a student at MSU.

KOdawg1
09-22-2019, 08:20 AM
The correct answer:

Autry (2 more games)- Tenn and OM
Gay and the other suspended- Tenn, A&M, OM

Gay needs to run until his tongue falls out this week for turning an already inexcusable 8 game suspension into an 8.5 game suspension.
I still will never understand playing Autry vs USM. We could use him in one of the swing SEC games but oh well. I think 7-5 is very doable with a shot of 8-4. If Joe goes 8-4, I will start changing my opinion on him

BiscuitEater
09-22-2019, 08:23 AM
UT, Ole Miss, and TAMU

Agree .. those 3 make the most sense!

msudawg1200
09-22-2019, 08:43 AM
Right now it has to be UT, Ark, and OM. That’s who I said they should play against when it happened plus Kentucky. We have to win the games we should win. That would put us at 7-5 and maybe we can upset either A&M or Auburn. Now, does Gay have to sit two quarters for the next game he dresses, or is it just for this week even if he doesn’t dress?

yjnkdawg
09-22-2019, 09:34 AM

That is the way I thought JoeMo would play it too, and I mentioned that on a thread a few days ago, and I got blasted for it. Like I said then in after the fact I don't know if that would turn into the correct decision, but if you want Gay to play in our toughest games against against LSU and Bama ( And I think JoeMo does), then you play him in those two. and then also in the Egg Bowl. Whether our fan base looks at those two games as unwinnable or not, I'm pretty sure JoeMoe does not. Let's see how it all plays out.

RiverCityDawg
09-22-2019, 12:29 PM
I'm making decisions on this as we go. I'm playing him (and Autry) next week against Auburn. I'm not super optimistic even with him playing, but we have no chance without him. If we get smoked, I'm taking the temperature of the team and probably playing him against UT to make sure we get back on track. If we lose close to Auburn or win I'm not playing him against UT hoping we are able to win that without him.

Ideally I would play him against Auburn, A&M and ole miss. I think we can beat ole miss without him, but I think you have to save him for that game. It's an absolute must win. What happens if Errol and/or Leo (as bad as he is, the coaches must not think Brule is ready) get hurt against Arkansas or Alabama and we've already used his 4 games? Can't risk it.

Coach34
09-22-2019, 12:47 PM
Tenn, A&M, Mississippi. That way he also gets to play in a bowl game

R2Dawg
09-22-2019, 02:32 PM
First we got to get bowl eligible. I think until we do you play Autry and Gay against UT, Ark, Olemiss. Long shot that we beat LSU and Bama.

Bothrops
09-22-2019, 03:05 PM
This is the way it should go-

Tennessee
A&M
Ole Miss