PDA

View Full Version : Couple things we hopefully cleared up today

MetEdDawg
09-21-2019, 08:25 PM
1. Can we agree the suspensions have hurt us more than some would like to think? Gay is a monster. Complete game changer on defense. We moved Errol outside and Gay was calling plays from the MLB spot. Losing someone that can do that is tough. Add Autry to that and you can clearly tell they impact us greatly.

2. Shrader running the Joe Mo offense for the first half was a thing of beauty. Obviously it's not exactly what Joe Mo wants. Need a few more downfield shots to open up some lanes. But it's clear he knows how to call a game. 21 points with a freshman QB and we had to play Kylin almost every single play. 305 total yards from Shredder.

3. Joe Mo answered today's bell for all of you who doubted him. You don't have to be on his side, but you have to acknowledge that he got the job done you wanted him to get done and did it with a freshman QB. There's no way in hell anyone was betting us giving points. We won by 15.

Commercecomet24
09-21-2019, 08:27 PM
Great post! Agree on all points! Great job and effort by players and coaches!

Coach007
09-21-2019, 08:29 PM
While this year is not a wash by any means, we do know that there were major gaps left by recruiting. EVEN SO, the loss of 10 players PLUS injuries, few could over come.

I want to say Bama is down 4 starters on Defense, no sign of weakness.

dawgday166
09-21-2019, 08:30 PM
On #3 you can say the same thing about the AU game last year too - minus the FR QB part. I just felt like he was on his way after that game. I was wrong. Never saw a similar game plan the rest of the year.

Couple of things about his O that I scratch my head a little over:
1) I don't like running the bunch formation as often as he likes to.
2) He uses motion with WRs very rarely.

To me, the better D coordinators in SEC are gonna be hard to handle with their talent and doing those 2 things a lot.

Commercecomet24
09-21-2019, 08:31 PM
Win 7 regular season games get a bowl win to get 8 would be good in a year fraught with all the adversity. I'm not so sure we don't win one between am and auburn games which could get us to 8 reg season wins. Just keep making progress!

cheewgumm
09-21-2019, 08:33 PM
It was a must win.

I?m thrilled Hill is getting the ball.

Another thing I think Jo should get credit for is putting Dear in the backfield. Was probably out of necessity but it?s a good smart move.

dawgday166
09-21-2019, 08:35 PM
Win 7 regular season games get a bowl win to get 8 would be good in a year fraught with all the adversity. I'm not so sure we don't win one between am and auburn games which could get us to 8 reg season wins. Just keep making progress!

AU with that running attack and D on the Plains? Hope you right.
Don't see TAM at TAM ... could maybe see it in Vegas.

Jack Lambert
09-21-2019, 08:38 PM
I can see six to seven regular season wins. With all that has gone on this season I could live with that.

Commercecomet24
09-21-2019, 08:43 PM

Oh I'm not betting the farm on either of those but am hasn't looked like world beaters and auburn kind of all over the place. They are on the road and that's always tough.

TrapGame

We got a shot at A&M. They are not as good as some are making them out. Their OL is very suspect and Mond is not an elite QB by any stretch. This could be a close game in the 4th.

BrunswickDawg

A&M did not look strong today. Auburn gashed them running - and they still have issues with QBs who can run. The last 3 years tell me we have a shot

dawgday166
09-21-2019, 08:54 PM
A&M did not look strong today. Auburn gashed them running - and they still have issues with QBs who can run. The last 3 years tell me we have a shot

FWIW I was taking into account Gay/Autry may not play that game. I do think they're vulnerable and in Vegas I think we might could have a shot. College Station is pretty tough to play in too. Maybe you right and the have a shot is greater than I think it is right now too.

DownwardDawg
09-21-2019, 08:55 PM
We got a shot at A&M. They are not as good as some are making them out. Their OL is very suspect and Mond is not an elite QB by any stretch. This could be a close game in the 4th.

We are going to roll them like we always do.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2019, 08:56 PM

I don't get the love affair with A&M at all. We've beaten them 3 years in a row and Kyle Field isn't that tough of a place to play. We can absolutely win that game.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2019, 08:58 PM
FWIW I was taking into account Gay/Autry may not play that game. I do think they're vulnerable and in Vegas I think we might could have a shot. College Station is pretty tough to play in too. Maybe you right and the have a shot is greater than I think it is right now too.

But that's the thing, College Station isn't a tough place to play. Fans are pretty far from the field and everything is so choreographed, that it's not rowdy.

TrapGame
09-21-2019, 08:59 PM
But that's the thing, College Station isn't a tough place to play. Fans are pretty far from the field and everything is so choreographed, that it's not rowdy.

Male cheerleaders with crew cuts are not intimidating.

dawgday166
09-21-2019, 09:00 PM
I don't get the love affair with A&M at all. We've beaten them 3 years in a row and Kyle Field isn't that tough of a place to play. We can absolutely win that game.

LOL ... Don't have a love affair with them. I'm just not buying that we're that great yet without Gay/Autry. Plus, while Shrader played good today, he still a FR and I expect some miscues by him. And I also think Clemson and probably AU are pretty strong teams.

Commercecomet24
09-21-2019, 09:01 PM

Agree it's never seemed like they have ever had a big home field advantage

Homedawg
09-21-2019, 09:03 PM
We are going to roll them like we always do.

Always?? We've beaten them once there...

dawgday166
09-21-2019, 09:04 PM
Always?? We've beaten them once there...

In 2015 with a Sr Dak. That was the game when I realized we wouldn't be able to run the ball at all that year ... which turned out true. That was Gus' worst team at AU.

Homedawg
09-21-2019, 09:06 PM
Agree it's never seemed like they have ever had a big home field advantage

This. Lots of people but not a tough place to play. Not near as tough as auburn, bama or LSU not close.

Commercecomet24
09-21-2019, 09:09 PM
This. Lots of people but not a tough place to play. Not near as tough as auburn, bama or LSU not close.

Yeah it's not really like an sec feel to it there. More laid back and not nearly as intense

TrapGame
09-21-2019, 09:11 PM
Yeah it's not really like an sec feel to it there. More laid back and not nearly as intense

Yeah and that 12th Man BS goes out the window when you get a couple of tds up on them.

bobtail bob
09-21-2019, 09:12 PM
3. Joe Mo answered today's bell for all of you who doubted him. You don't have to be on his side, but you have to acknowledge that he got the job done you wanted him to get done and did it with a freshman QB. There's no way in hell anyone was betting us giving points. We won by 15.

And he beat the refs today for the first time. I was still a nega joe after last week but it's hard not to get on board with a guy that can take a freshman and do that. Kentucky is a hard nosed team and we handled them pretty good. Even with their hairlipped coach making most of the calls for the refs

Scared_Hitless
09-21-2019, 09:33 PM
AU is for real this year if we can run the ball we have a chance but that is not an easy task. Line will open around -11 if I had to guess.

Mjoelner34
09-21-2019, 09:55 PM

With the days of Richt over at UGA, somebody in the SEC has to carry the mantle of being perinnially overrated.