PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to Moorhead

deadheaddawg
09-21-2019, 07:29 PM
Keep recruiting. Keep building this program to be something better than an 8-4 program. The previous coach couldn't do it. I believe you can. Keep doing what you do.

Hail State

Commercecomet24
09-21-2019, 07:35 PM
+1

shoeless joe
09-21-2019, 07:38 PM
He does seem to recruit well

Coach007
09-21-2019, 07:40 PM
Keep recruiting. Keep building this program to be something better than an 8-4 program. The previous coach couldn't do it. I believe you can. Keep doing what you do.

Hail State

Yes sir!!!

2 years from now may be SPECIAL

I seen it dawg
09-21-2019, 07:44 PM
They are working their ass off on recruiting. Only thing i beef about right now is the discipline with players jawing all the time and we need to get stronger. Keep getting better.

Bothrops
09-21-2019, 08:14 PM
He recruits well and believes in his system. We have the QB's on the team to make this work. The defense sucks, but has to get better and they will eventually. It's just growing pains we're having to endure. We aren't Bama or LSU.

Coach007
09-21-2019, 08:26 PM
They are working their ass off on recruiting. Only thing i beef about right now is the discipline with players jawing all the time and we need to get stronger. Keep getting better.

YEP!

dawgday166
09-21-2019, 08:33 PM
He recruits well and believes in his system. We have the QB's on the team to make this work. The defense sucks, but has to get better and they will eventually. It's just growing pains we're having to endure. We aren't Bama or LSU.

Talk about short-handed. Shoop is the one that is severely hampered with missing players. I believe in Shoop myself. Willie is our best player and matters a lot to our D too.

LibraryDawg
09-21-2019, 09:32 PM
Did anyone catch the hot mic comment from JoMo to Stevens? I had a family member telling me about it at dinner but he couldn't understand exactly what he said.

msu15
09-21-2019, 09:41 PM

“Defense sucks”, lol.....idiot sighting

DancingRabbit
09-21-2019, 09:43 PM
Did anyone catch the hot mic comment from JoMo to Stevens? I had a family member telling me about it at dinner but he couldn't understand exactly what he said.

Something like, "better get your ass moving, Stevens". He was joking with him.

BrunswickDawg
09-21-2019, 09:54 PM

I know it cost us a player today - but watch other games and players are all constantly jawing. Both KSU and UK were jawing constantly. Bama may be one of the only exceptions in today's game. I don't particularly like it either, but it seems to be part of the game now.

It's funny though, we seem to revere Smoot for it.

shoeless joe
09-21-2019, 10:40 PM
I know it cost us a player today - but watch other games and players are all constantly jawing. Both KSU and UK were jawing constantly. Bama may be one of the only exceptions in today's game. I don't particularly like it either, but it seems to be part of the game now.

It's funny though, we seem to revere Smoot for it.

Smoot was a talker more than a mouth off after every play guy. But your point still stands.

My issue with willie in particular today was the constant “dancing” he was doing. You don’t see that, it’s over the top and needs to be reeled in immediately. It is embarrassing as an alum and it’s not something you see out of championship caliber teams. On top of that Marcus Murphy is jawing on the opening kick when nothing was done. It was a touchback. How those two guys are so vastly unaware of the predicament they’ve put their team in it either don’t care, is beyond me. And some accountability needs to show up quickly.

In all the games I’ve seen today I’ve yet to see another team jaw at their opponents as much as we do. It happens but not to the extent that our guys seem to do it. It reminds me of the freeze era shark teams and that disgusts me. Very disappointed in our program rite now.

Reunion Dog
09-21-2019, 10:46 PM
Could not have said it better... Just agreeing with you.... It's an embarrassment and it PISSES me off the IDIOTS that did it the most have cost this team the most. Act like a winner both on & off the field. I still want Cohen held responsible for this academic affair. Still a lot of folks upset about it, along with me.

Smoot was a talker more than a mouth off after every play guy. But your point still stands.

My issue with willie in particular today was the constant “dancing” he was doing. You don’t see that, it’s over the top and needs to be reeled in immediately. It is embarrassing as an alum and it’s not something you see out of championship caliber teams. On top of that Marcus Murphy is jawing on the opening kick when nothing was done. It was a touchback. How those two guys are so vastly unaware of the predicament they’ve put their team in it either don’t care, is beyond me. And some accountability needs to show up quickly.

In all the games I’ve seen today I’ve yet to see another team jaw at their opponents as much as we do. It happens but not to the extent that our guys seem to do it. It reminds me of the freeze era shark teams and that disgusts me. Very disappointed in our program rite now.

I seen it dawg
09-21-2019, 11:16 PM
I get guys smack talk the whole game but it's the tackles for a 12 yard gain and showing out after. Or taking your helmet off after a big play. Or talking shit standing over a guy after stopping 3rd down. Most of it is just to get attention and then we get popped for a dumbass penalty.

DancingRabbit
09-21-2019, 11:36 PM
I get guys smack talk the whole game but it's the tackles for a 12 yard gain and showing out after. Or taking your helmet off after a big play. Or talking shit standing over a guy after stopping 3rd down. Most of it is just to get attention and then we get popped for a dumbass penalty.

You seem conflicted.

I seen it dawg
09-22-2019, 08:45 AM
You seem conflicted.

Nah. Players engaged in smack talk all game for 100 years. It's the post play gyrating and walking over guys, etc that we need to clean up. You don't see the smack talk. You see all the other shit.

AROB44
09-22-2019, 09:34 AM
I agree with Saban.....if you want to talk shit to the other team, join the damn debate team.

Ari Gold
09-22-2019, 09:35 AM

The defense sucks.. is an absurd statement

Ari Gold
09-22-2019, 09:40 AM

Agree.. you can talk shit and not get flags. No one knows what drew the 2nd flag on Willie , but after he gets one he has to know he can’t get another and the staff has to make sure he is aware of that..
also agree with the accountability.. I love the emotion and the way the players connect and interact with Joe on sat, it’s the Sunday thru Friday And offseason that I want the asshole Joe..

Dawgtini
09-22-2019, 11:07 AM
+1 to the OP

I seen it dawg
09-22-2019, 01:38 PM
Agree.. you can talk shit and not get flags. No one knows what drew the 2nd flag on Willie , but after he gets one he has to know he can’t get another and the staff has to make sure he is aware of that..
also agree with the accountability.. I love the emotion and the way the players connect and interact with Joe on sat, it’s the Sunday thru Friday And offseason that I want the asshole Joe..

Agree. You can tell the players love joe. Now need a little more of discipline to show itself. You can have both.

starkvegasdawg
09-22-2019, 02:01 PM
Nah. Players engaged in smack talk all game for 100 years. It's the post play gyrating and walking over guys, etc that we need to clean up. You don't see the smack talk. You see all the other shit.

My biggest pet peeve is a DB signaling a pass incomplete or waving their finger no on a pass attempt they did nothing to prevent. Damn ball can be eight yards over their heads out of bounds hitting a cheerleader on a receiver that had them beat by three steps, and they act like they just broke up a pass to win the super bowl.

I seen it dawg
09-22-2019, 02:07 PM
My biggest pet peeve is a DB signaling a pass incomplete or waving their finger no on a pass attempt they did nothing to prevent. Damn ball can be eight yards over their heads out of bounds hitting a cheerleader on a receiver that had them beat by three steps, and they act like they just broke up a pass to win the super bowl.

Lol yeah i left that one out.

Commercecomet24
09-22-2019, 02:17 PM
Agree. You can tell the players love joe. Now need a little more of discipline to show itself. You can have both.

Good point. Yes you can have both, gotta find that happy medium. I will say the kids play extremely hard for Joe and they seem to respond after a loss with an edge to them and a little extra intensity, and I think that's a really good sign. Gotta clean up some of the DA stuff though.

Commercecomet24
09-22-2019, 02:18 PM

+1

shoeless joe
09-22-2019, 02:36 PM
Good point. Yes you can have both, gotta find that happy medium. I will say the kids play extremely hard for Joe and they seem to respond after a loss with an edge to them and a little extra intensity, and I think that's a really good sign. Gotta clean up some of the DA stuff though.

I would like to see him be more proactive versus reactive.

DancingRabbit
09-22-2019, 03:26 PM

If it's not mouthing off, but just emphatically signaling pass incomplete when they got lucky - I find that kind of funny no matter who is doing it.