PDA

View Full Version : So Autry has 2 games left and we need to pair those with Gay...

HoopsDawg
09-21-2019, 07:13 PM
who has 3 games left. (I'll never get over playing Autry against USM. It's up there with Polk pitching Maholm against MTSU)

But after watching just how bad Ole Miss is. And seeing how bad Arkansas is. I think it might make sense to play Autry and Gay vs AU and A&M. And then play Gay vs UT. I really think we can beat Arky and Ole Miss without them.

KOdawg1
09-21-2019, 07:15 PM
Nah, you play them both vs OM. All hands on deck to beat your rival.

HoopsDawg
09-21-2019, 07:16 PM

Then we have Zero chance to beat AU or A&M.

msstate7
09-21-2019, 07:16 PM

I just have a hard time seeing autry sit out senior night

KOdawg1
09-21-2019, 07:21 PM
Not true.

HoopsDawg
09-21-2019, 07:24 PM
Not true.

AU has a pretty weak passing game. I would play every run stopper we have to give us a chance.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-21-2019, 07:33 PM

I mean by this logic why not play them vs Bama and LSU?

You're ok conceding those because you think they're lost causes anyway and you like to win Auburn and A&M, well I and the other poster want to concede @Auburn and @A&M (or at least @A&M) because I consider them to be probable loses and I'd like to ensure we win vs Tennessee and OM.

We don't differ in philosophy, just in how good we think the team is

Jacksondevildog
09-21-2019, 07:39 PM
We aren?t winning at Auburn. If they don?t beat us by 3 TD?s, I?ll be shocked.

HoopsDawg
09-21-2019, 07:39 PM
I mean by this logic why not play them vs Bama and LSU?

You're ok conceding those because you think they're lost causes anyway and you like to win Auburn and A&M, well I and the other poster want to concede @Auburn and @A&M (or at least @A&M) because I consider them to be probable loses and I'd like to ensure we win vs Tennessee and OM.

We don't differ in philosophy, just in how good we think the team is

I don't follow at all. Yes, I think A&M and AU are way more winnable than Bama and LSU. Don't you?

I also think we can, should and would beat Arkansas and Ole Miss without Autry and Gay. Don't you?

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-21-2019, 07:46 PM
I don't follow at all. Yes, I think A&M and AU are way more winnable than Bama and LSU. Don't you?

I also think we can, should and would beat Arkansas and Ole Miss without Autry and Gay. Don't you?

Of course @Auburn and @A&M are more winnable than vs Bama or vs LSU, but that doesn't mean they are winnable games. Or at least, it doens't mean that our odds of winning with Gay+Autry are high enough to warrant playing them.

And of course we should be able to beat Arkansas and OM without Gay or Autry. But guess what? Loosing to OM would be so bad for the program we have to lock that game down more than we do for anyone else. I agree we dont' nee to play them vs Arkansas, I think we should play them @TN.

It's all about maximizing the benefit to your program. That means A) trying to win as many games as possible (which is why we agree not to play them vs lost causes like LSU or Bama), and B) making sure OM is one of the W's. Where we disagree is the details of what games achieve A), and whether or not B) is even worth worrying about

HoopsDawg
09-21-2019, 07:51 PM
Of course @Auburn and @A&M are more winnable than vs Bama or vs LSU, but that doesn't mean they are winnable games. Or at least, it doens't mean that our odds of winning with Gay+Autry are high enough to warrant playing them.

And of course we should be able to beat Arkansas and OM without Gay or Autry. But guess what? Loosing to OM would be so bad for the program we have to lock that game down more than we do for anyone else. I agree we dont' nee to play them vs Arkansas, I think we should play them @TN.

It's all about maximizing the benefit to your program. That means A) trying to win as many games as possible (which is why we agree not to play them vs lost causes like LSU or Bama), and B) making sure OM is one of the W's. Where we disagree is the details of what games achieve A), and whether or not B) is even worth worrying about

If you play Autry vs UT and Ole Miss, he has to sit out 7 weeks between games and just hang out on the scout team in practice. That's a weird thing. Then to just "turn it back on" and be maximum effective against Ole Miss might be tough. That's why I say just go ahead and play him.

TNDawg35
09-21-2019, 08:02 PM
They will both play against OM. No one wants to sit that game. Play Willie against A&M and Auburn also, and Autry vs A&M. I think Auburn routes us. I also think we can beat Tenn and Ark without those two..

Bothrops
09-21-2019, 08:34 PM
who has 3 games left. (I'll never get over playing Autry against USM. It's up there with Polk pitching Maholm against MTSU)

But after watching just how bad Ole Miss is. And seeing how bad Arkansas is. I think it might make sense to play Autry and Gay vs AU and A&M. And then play Gay vs UT. I really think we can beat Arky and Ole Miss without them.

We can beat Arkansas right now with travelers diarrhea and a case of pinworms. I would be careful with OM just because they will be super, super desperate. Tennessee is the same thing, any game is a desperate situation for them, and heaven forbid we become the victim of a desperate team's one game kryptonite.

Lord McBuckethead
09-21-2019, 08:38 PM
I just have a hard time seeing autry sit out senior night

Senior night should be handled after the game, or the day before. Doing it right before the game is stupid and messes with the players focus.