PDA

View Full Version : Willie Gay was off the field when he removed his helmet...

MedDawg
09-21-2019, 06:54 PM
Shouldn?t have been penalized.https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFBqufmX4AAlKsT?format=jpg&name=large

DancingRabbit
09-21-2019, 06:55 PM
I wondered about that. It happened a long time after the score.

WinningIsRelentless
09-21-2019, 07:00 PM
Spinning the football got that unsportsmanlike

msstate7
09-21-2019, 07:02 PM
Spinning the football got that unsportsmanlike

He can spin the frick out of it everytime he gets a pick 6. What a huge play

msstatelp1
09-21-2019, 07:04 PM
He has to be in the team area for it to not be an unsportsmanlike. I couldn't tell at what point he pulled it off.

Commercecomet24
09-21-2019, 07:05 PM
The official announced that the penalty was for removing his helmet NOT spinning the football

defiantdog
09-21-2019, 07:10 PM
**** those refs, ****s those shitbirds.

chef dixon
09-21-2019, 07:20 PM
Who cares now? He served his purpose and contributed to the win

DancingRabbit
09-21-2019, 07:23 PM
I just replayed it. He was still near the endzone, either behind it or next to it. He wasn't anywhere close to the players area. It was a legit call. They sure missed a lot of other ones though.

Coursesuper
09-21-2019, 07:32 PM
It was a stupid play on his part, there is absolutely no reason to get an unsportsmanlike. It is a complete lack of discipline on that players part.

I seen it dawg
09-21-2019, 07:38 PM
It was ****ing dumb. Joe has to clean up this dumb shit. The jawing all the time too. Hurts our team.

Coursesuper
09-21-2019, 07:47 PM
It was ****ing dumb. Joe has to clean up this dumb shit. The jawing all the time too. Hurts our team.

Yep, exactly.

EdDawg
09-21-2019, 07:52 PM
It was dumb, but I don't get how removing your helmet is unsportsmanlike. I understand safety and am fine with it being penalized, but unsportsmanlike conduct? And I actually like the rule of 2 and done, but I think it should be extended to personal fouls and not just unsportsmanlike conduct.

Dawgology
09-21-2019, 07:57 PM
Refs were looking for something from him the whole game for some reason. He must have pissed in their Cheerios before the game or something.

Coursesuper
09-21-2019, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=EdDawg;1153230]It was dumb, but I don't get how removing your helmet is unsportsmanlike. I understand safety and am fine with it being penalized, but unsportsmanlike conduct? And I actually like the rule of 2 and done, but I think it should be extended to personal fouls and not just unsportsmanlike conduct.[/QUOTE

I do know it’s only supposed to off your grape in the sideline box. You would also think that they don’t want a headgear used as a weapon with someone swinging one around. So it makes sense to be unsportsmanlike, but I really think it’s unsportsmanlike due to the celebration rules.

Coursesuper
09-21-2019, 08:06 PM
Refs were looking for something from him the whole game for some reason. He must have pissed in their Cheerios before the game or something.

He snatched his headgear off on his first play of the game and got an unsportsmanlike. Every official on that crew wrote his number down and took note of that. He put that on himself.

Lord McBuckethead
09-21-2019, 08:37 PM
Gay needs to stop this bullshit. Be a 17n leader. We need him on the field. Spinning footballs and pulling your helmet off are both just damn stupid. I yearn for players that are bad ass and keep their shit like this to a minimum. Make a big tackle, get up and celebrate with "your" team. No taunting. No Jawing. Just get to being a badass.

Dawgology
09-21-2019, 08:50 PM
Gay needs to stop this bullshit. Be a 17n leader. We need him on the field. Spinning footballs and pulling your helmet off are both just damn stupid. I yearn for players that are bad ass and keep their shit like this to a minimum. Make a big tackle, get up and celebrate with "your" team. No taunting. No Jawing. Just get to being a badass.

Yep. NFL scouts are going to see that stuff plus Tutorgate and start deducting points.