PDA

View Full Version : A New Joe?

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2019, 10:00 AM
Personality seems a little different here than what I've seen from him.

The product on the field will tell the truth.

TrapGame
09-20-2019, 10:10 AM
This should have been labeled Quick Thought.**

Red Sox Dawg
09-20-2019, 10:25 AM
This should have been labeled Quick Thought.**

+1

Tbonewannabe
09-20-2019, 10:28 AM
The bottom line is that he is still learning how to be a big time head coach. We went through plenty of bumps in the road with Mullen.

Scared_Hitless
09-20-2019, 10:30 AM
I for one believe we do not see the real Joe very often. He seems like a fiery, determined, and very passionate. With the media and interviews he is very professional. The fact that ppl think he doesn't know how to jump someone's ass is misplaced. He has had some fiery post game and pregame things leak out that he would never say on a mic with the media.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2019, 10:31 AM
The bottom line is that he is still learning how to be a big time head coach. We went through plenty of bumps in the road with Mullen.

Really, when did Mullen require such a large learning curve? In fact, I never saw Mullen really improve. To this day, he's virtually the same coach he was in year 1 at MSU.

Why would we hire someone that you think needed such a learning curve?

I thought we called it a learning curve last year? Will you also call it a learning curve next year?

Where do you draw the line?

Tbonewannabe
09-20-2019, 10:40 AM
Really, when did Mullen require such a large learning curve? In fact, I never saw Mullen really improve. To this day, he's virtually the same coach he was in year 1 at MSU.

I thought we called it a learning curve last year? Will you also call it a learning curve next year?

So you agree that Bama should have fired Saban in year 1? Obviously if you have Bama level talent then you should never lose to ULL.

TrapGame
09-20-2019, 10:41 AM
I for one believe we do not see the real Joe very often. He seems like a fiery, determined, and very passionate. With the media and interviews he is very professional. The fact that ppl think he doesn't know how to jump someone's ass is misplaced. He has had some fiery post game and pregame things leak out that he would never say on a mic with the media.

They missed him lighting up the OL in the second half Saturday. He was plenty fiery and dropping F bombs.

Jack Lambert
09-20-2019, 10:41 AM

Watching the Florida game Saturday Mullen after 11 seasons still can't manage clock.

Jack Lambert
09-20-2019, 10:43 AM
So you agree that Bama should have fired Saban in year 1? Obviously if you have Bama level talent then you should never lose to ULL.

I think it was the school in Monroe but your point is right on.

Scared_Hitless
09-20-2019, 10:44 AM

You're right Mullen never learned to beat Bama, recruit a balanced class, or how about training for a marathon then getting beat by South Alabama in our own stadium. Give me a damn break

Shit on Joe all you want by your perceived expectations, but we are not regressing with him at minimum. We were a 7-5 team with Mullen and we are a 7-5 team now we will see how he progresses in the next two years.

DancingRabbit
09-20-2019, 10:49 AM

Ridiculous post.

Mullen might have learned to not chew out your DC on national TV when the offense is the real problem that day. Might keep the same DC around for some continuity.

We could be here all day, that's pointless.

If you're not learning at this job you'll soon be out of it.

confucius say
09-20-2019, 10:51 AM

Do you not recall Houston 09 and the failure to challenge the illegal forward pass? LSU 09?

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2019, 11:03 AM
Watching the Florida game Saturday Mullen after 11 seasons still can't manage clock.

That's my point. For those hoping this is a learning curve, it's not. These guys don't change.

Dawg2003
09-20-2019, 11:04 AM
They missed him lighting up the OL in the second half Saturday. He was plenty fiery and dropping F bombs.

Yelling at people doesn't change anything. At a certain point, players start to tune out. Holding players accountable is not the same as yelling at them.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2019, 11:04 AM
Do you not recall Houston 09 and the failure to challenge the illegal forward pass? LSU 09?

But Mullen never learned those things. However, his team looked organized and well coached from day 1

TrapGame
09-20-2019, 11:09 AM
Yelling at people doesn't change anything. At a certain point, players start to tune out. Holding players accountable is not the same as yelling at them.

Y'all need to make up your minds. Y'all want him fiery or mild?

basedog
09-20-2019, 11:10 AM
That's my point. For those hoping this is a learning curve, it's not. These guys don't change.

You remind me of another poster named Arrowdawg. He probably still post maybe under an alias name. Just saying.

TrapGame
09-20-2019, 11:11 AM
You remind me of another poster named Arrowdawg. He probably still post maybe under an alias name. Just saying.

I haven't heard that name in long time. Wasn't he resident asshole on Gene's Page back in the day?

Jack Lambert
09-20-2019, 11:17 AM
But Mullen never learned those things. However, his team looked organized and well coached from day 1

You mean like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvx25lssnnk

basedog
09-20-2019, 11:19 AM
I haven't heard that name in long time. Wasn't he resident asshole on Gene's Page back in the day?

And a few other private boards, doesn't it seem like the same person? I know I've heard more folks taking about shotgun than any other poster on ED, maybe it's the ones I know but it's pretty nasty what some are saying. I would say I got his back but I ain't touching that stuff, LOL!

Lord McBuckethead
09-20-2019, 11:20 AM

There is no line that needs to be drawn. I hope the coach continues to learn every single day on how to be a better leader and player manager. Too much need for instant righteous gratification needs in our fan base. Let Joe do what he needs to do. We should comment on things as we see them. Last year was a learning curve. This year has a new learning curve. Every year has its own challenges and opportunities, and Joe is working to get our current one cleaned up.

Bottom line is this....
Joe chose to be a bulldog. Our players chose to be a bulldog. No need to run down our players, coaches, families, etc. They are on our team. Let's run down the SEC for putting shit refs on the field. Let's run down ESPN for scheduling us for 11 am kicks in September. Let's comment on issues we see, but the way you do it sir.... seems like your righteousness is showing through.

Maverick
09-20-2019, 11:21 AM
Go be a Florida fan then why don't you? Again, here we are being ridiculous. If you don't think people are always learning then what is the point in life period. Most people learn when you touch the fire and it's hot maybe you shouldn't do that again. Mullen was still learning in 2014 when he almost let LSU come back and beat us. You don't put in 3rd string against that caliber of an opponent even if you are up. So, listening to you then he never learned that but against Auburn and A&M that did not happen so somebody learned something. Also, Mullen had his moments of disorganization and we all know it but yes he did run a tight ship for the most part. Time will tell with Jomo...

Let him get his players and relax!! I think he has shown the type of players he wants when you look at Shrader. He keeps his head down, works hard, and shows it on the field.

You literally started this to argue and complain more. You are asking is this a new Joe, but how can that be if nobody ever changes or learns so to answer your hopeful question.... No it's not a new Joe, it's the same guy we hired on day one and will never learn anything (that's me being sarcastic by the way). As others have said he appears to have fire in the locker room and does not show it much in the media because he is a PROFESSIONAL. He does not need to crawl somebody's butt on the sideline on national TV to appease you. He will learn, he will change, and he will adapt. If he doesn't then he will lose his job and we will find somebody else you for to complain about.

basedog
09-20-2019, 11:22 AM
There is no line that needs to be drawn. I hope the coach continues to learn every single day on how to be a better leader and player manager. Too much need for instant righteous gratification needs in our fan base. Let Joe do what he needs to do. We should comment on things as we see them. Last year was a learning curve. This year has a new learning curve. Every year has its own challenges and opportunities, and Joe is working to get our current one cleaned up.

Bottom line is this....
Joe chose to be a bulldog. Our players chose to be a bulldog. No need to run down our players, coaches, families, etc. They are on our team. Let's run down the SEC for putting shit refs on the field. Let's run down ESPN for scheduling us for 11 am kicks in September. Let's comment on issues we see, but the way you do it sir.... seems like your righteousness is showing through.

another +1.

Dawg2003
09-20-2019, 11:58 AM
Y'all need to make up your minds. Y'all want him fiery or mild?

For me personally, it doesn't matter. But I was never in the camp that wanted him to yell and scream on the sidelines. I actually don't like those theatrics, but everyone has their own personality. I care about the product on the field. Not how much you can yell at players.

yjnkdawg
09-20-2019, 12:56 PM
And a few other private boards, doesn't it seem like the same person? I know I've heard more folks taking about shotgun than any other poster on ED, maybe it's the ones I know but it's pretty nasty what some are saying. I would say I got his back but I ain't touching that stuff, LOL!

Yeah, I remember that name too. I know you said in another thread that he has to put food on the table so he has to post a lot on here, but maybe he can go on a diet, and need less food on the table. :D This board is trending toward becoming the "Quick Thought Shotgun Board". :rolleyes:

TrapGame
09-20-2019, 01:14 PM
For me personally, it doesn't matter. But I was never in the camp that wanted him to yell and scream on the sidelines. I actually don't like those theatrics, but everyone has their own personality. I care about the product on the field. Not how much you can yell at players.

"An ass chewing never hurt anybody." Signed TrapGame's Dad.

gravedigger
09-20-2019, 01:28 PM

Arrow and Shotgun arent in the same league. Arrow is skeptical. Shotgun is random.

Scared_Hitless
09-20-2019, 01:33 PM

Bottom line is this....

Hammer meet nail great post.

DownwardDawg
09-20-2019, 01:42 PM

I think Arrow still posts over on 24/7. Good dude. Good bulldog, just a little negative. Ok, sometimes a lot negative! Lol

Uncle Ruckus
09-20-2019, 03:43 PM

I?m not a Moorhead defender, but you can compare his body of work to Mullen?s before arriving. Mullen was a much, much more proven and ready HC. Mullen and Meyer started working together in 1999. Mullen learned under one of the best head coaches to ever coach cfb for 10 season. 10 consecutive seasons Mullen learned how to build a program from arguably a top 5 all time coach. Moorhead learned his way at Akron, Uconn, by himself at Fordham, then Franklin for only two seasons. Moorhead wasn?t groomed by the best for 10 years. Hammer on him all you want about his coaching, but get that shit out of here

Percho
09-20-2019, 03:57 PM

still there

TrapGame
09-20-2019, 04:13 PM
I?m not a Moorhead defender, but you can compare his body of work to Mullen?s before arriving. Mullen was a much, much more proven and ready HC. Mullen and Meyer started working together in 1999. Mullen learned under one of the best head coaches to ever coach cfb for 10 season. 10 consecutive seasons Mullen learned how to build a program from arguably a top 5 all time coach. Moorhead learned his way at Akron, Uconn, by himself at Fordham, then Franklin for only two seasons. Moorhead wasn?t groomed by the best for 10 years. Hammer on him all you want about his coaching, but get that shit out of here

Let me just say I love your stuff over on SPS. Post over here more.

Saltydog
09-20-2019, 04:16 PM
A leopard can't change his spots. He is who he is and while he may be a "chessmaster" or "football savant" he'd better figure this shit out real quick because if we lose to UK the enthusiasm and energy of this program is gonna drop faster than Bill Clinton's britches in a trailer park.

DownwardDawg
09-20-2019, 04:29 PM
A leopard can't change his spots. He is who he is and while he may be a "chessmaster" or "football savant" he'd better figure this shit out real quick because if we lose to UK the enthusiasm and energy of this program is gonna drop faster than Bill Clinton's britches in a trailer park.

Haha haha!!!!

R2Dawg
09-20-2019, 05:26 PM

Bottom line is this....

Good post and I agree. So what keeps that from happening? Some don't think there can be differing opinions and don't show respect to others for the opinions they voice. Typical of our culture now, no respect much anywhere.

timotheus
09-20-2019, 05:53 PM

whew!!!!!

Dawg61
09-20-2019, 06:23 PM
Mullen still had to learn to not wear shorts while coaching a game in 2017.

RocketDawg
09-20-2019, 07:19 PM

I've been thinking that for quite some time. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but the proliferation of posting and the style seems to be quite similar.

RocketDawg
09-20-2019, 07:28 PM
I think Arrow still posts over on 24/7. Good dude. Good bulldog, just a little negative. Ok, sometimes a lot negative! Lol

I haven't been to Gene's Page in quite some time (but was there when it was the only one available, way back in the early days of the internet). Is Gene's Page now totally a pay site, or can it be read without paying?

Arrow was also on the IBBC page and came to some of the tailgates. He's an OK guy. Whether he and Shotgun are the same person, I don't know.

DownwardDawg
09-20-2019, 08:33 PM
I haven't been to Gene's Page in quite some time (but was there when it was the only one available, way back in the early days of the internet). Is Gene's Page now totally a pay site, or can it be read without paying?

Arrow was also on the IBBC page and came to some of the tailgates. He's an OK guy. Whether he and Shotgun are the same person, I don't know.

It’s Genes page 24/7 sports now. They merged with bulldogs 24/7. It’s a pay site only.
Arrow and shotgun certainly aren’t the same.

yjnkdawg
09-20-2019, 08:47 PM
It’s Genes page 24/7 sports now. They merged with bulldogs 24/7. It’s a pay site only.
Arrow and shotgun certainly aren’t the same.

Nope! Definitely not but both do post over on SPS some.

RocketDawg
09-20-2019, 09:39 PM
Nope! Definitely not but both do post over on SPS some.

I haven't seen a post by Arrow in years. I don't read every post though ... too much bickering.

maroonmania
09-20-2019, 10:00 PM

What I would like is for Joe to coach his team to a point where they don't play like they need an ass chewing on the sidelines.

maroonmania
09-20-2019, 10:23 PM

That is debatable:

Mullen
1994-1995 Wagner (WR)
1996-1997 Columbia (WR)
1998 Syracuse (GA)
1999-2000 Notre Dame (GA)
2001-2002 Bowling Green (QB)
2003-2004 Utah (QB)
2005-2008 Florida (OC/QB)

Moorhead
1998-1999 Pittsburgh (GA)
2000 Georgetown (RB)
2001-2002 Georgetown (QB)
2003 Georgetown (OC/QB)
2004 Akron (WR/RC)
2005 Akron (AHC/PGC/WR/RC)
2006-2008 Akron (OC/QB)
2009-2010 Connecticut (OC/QB)
2011 Connecticut (QB)
2012-2015 Fordham
2016-2017 Penn State (OC/QB)

So Mullen had 15 years of being a college assistant while Moorhead had 20. Yes, Mullen had 4 years as an OC at a P5 school (FL -- ETA Utah was not P5 when Mullen was there) while Moorhead only had 2 at a P5 school (PSU). However, Moorhead did have 4 years of actually being a HC at the FCS level while Mullen had NEVER had the responsibility of running a program himself. And heck Moorhead was OC at UCONN when they won the Big East and went to the Fiesta Bowl which is almost unheard of.

yjnkdawg
09-20-2019, 10:35 PM
I haven't seen a post by Arrow in years. I don't read every post though ... too much bickering.

Me either. I did a search because I had remembered seeing a post from ArrowDawg a while back, and the search showed ArrowDawg posted over there this week. Has over 2000 + posts and has been a member since 2006.

BhamDawg205
09-21-2019, 05:33 AM
That is debatable:

Mullen
1994-1995 Wagner (WR)
1996-1997 Columbia (WR)
1998 Syracuse (GA)
1999-2000 Notre Dame (GA)
2001-2002 Bowling Green (QB)
2003-2004 Utah (QB)
2005-2008 Florida (OC/QB)

Moorhead
1998-1999 Pittsburgh (GA)
2000 Georgetown (RB)
2001-2002 Georgetown (QB)
2003 Georgetown (OC/QB)
2004 Akron (WR/RC)
2005 Akron (AHC/PGC/WR/RC)
2006-2008 Akron (OC/QB)
2009-2010 Connecticut (OC/QB)
2011 Connecticut (QB)
2012-2015 Fordham
2016-2017 Penn State (OC/QB)

So Mullen had 15 years of being a college assistant while Moorhead had 20. Yes, Mullen had 4 years as an OC at a P5 school (FL -- ETA Utah was not P5 when Mullen was there) while Moorhead only had 2 at a P5 school (PSU). However, Moorhead did have 4 years of actually being a HC at the FCS level while Mullen had NEVER had the responsibility of running a program himself. And heck Moorhead was OC at UCONN when they won the Big East and went to the Fiesta Bowl which is almost unheard of.

Thanks seems closer to their career trajectories.

tcdog70
09-21-2019, 10:02 AM
I think it was the school in Monroe but your point is right on.

La-Monroe --they took the money--beat Saban--and left in yellow school buses.

Cooterpoot
09-21-2019, 10:09 AM
The bottom line is if Jo loses today, he’s pretty much lost the whole damn fan base. Today can’t be overvalued for him.

basedog
09-21-2019, 10:13 AM
The bottom line is if Jo loses today, he’s pretty much lost the whole damn fan base. Today can’t be overvalued for him.

I wonder IF we win how many will say "Oh, well Ky isn't any good let's see what he does next week", just saying.

Cooterpoot
09-21-2019, 10:23 AM
I wonder IF we win how many will say "Oh, well Ky isn't any good let's see what he does next week", just saying.

Not as many as you think. The fans are desperate to see something, anything positive with this program under Jo. Consecutive losses to KY would hurt big. A win gives you hope we can go to AU and compete.

RougeDawg
09-21-2019, 01:41 PM

The fact that more than half of the fan base think we will probably lose this game, not many. UK gave Florida all they wanted last week, and more.