PDA

View Full Version : I re-watched the the KSU game last night...

Jack Lambert
09-20-2019, 09:24 AM
That is all.

Rick Danko
09-20-2019, 09:28 AM
Glutton for punishment huh???

Scared_Hitless
09-20-2019, 09:28 AM
Damn I couldn't muster that type of punishment without a heavy does of Maker's maybe tonight. How bad was it?

Jack Lambert
09-20-2019, 09:32 AM
Glutton for punishment huh???

To me it looked worse in person then on TV.

Pollodawg
09-20-2019, 09:47 AM
Kansas St. is a vastly improved team. I won’t take that away from them. They hired a winner. Still, we had them on talent. We had them in home field advantage.

No matter how you cut it, it’s a loss that shouldn’t have happened. Having said that, loses that shouldn’t happen do happen. UK has issues, too. They’re playing a backup QB. They’ll have a handful of defensive guys out for the first half.

If we get healthy TS, we win. If we get healthy TS in his first two game form, we cruise.

chef dixon
09-20-2019, 09:55 AM
What sucks the most is the defense improved and played a solid game overall, despite all the youth/injuries/suspensions. Huge let down by our offense.

Jack Lambert
09-20-2019, 10:06 AM
Kansas St. is a vastly improved team. I won’t take that away from them. They hired a winner. Still, we had them atbtalent. We had them in home field advantage.

No matter how you cut it, it’s a loss that shouldn’t have happened. Having said that, loses that shouldn’t happen do happen. UK has issues, too. They’re playing a backup QB. They’ll have a handful of defensive guys out for the first half.

If we get healthy TS, we win. If we get healthy TS in his first two game form, we cruise.

When watching he game I must have missed he was the back up QB. They talked like he had been the starter from game one. I am not saying your are wrong. Also I did not realize they had so many transfers. I could have sworn they said all three of the running backs were transfers. I might have misunderstood. But then again it is ESPN who keeps getting us mix up with Ole Miss. So they might have been wrong.

TrapGame
09-20-2019, 10:09 AM
Kansas St. is a vastly improved team. I won’t take that away from them. They hired a winner. Still, we had them atbtalent. We had them in home field advantage.

UK's secondary is suspect. Franks hit several wide open guys before he went out.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2019, 10:10 AM
Will the playoff committee consider Tutor gate and Tommy's injury when we win the rest of our games?

TrapGame
09-20-2019, 10:16 AM
Will the playoff committee consider Tutor gate and Tommy's injury when we win the rest of our games?

No, but Whitfield might consider you as a patient for your extreme bipolar issues.

Jack Lambert
09-20-2019, 10:29 AM
No, but Whitfield might consider you as a patient for your extreme bipolar issues.

I have always found it funny that the State Mental Hospital's nick name was because of the road and area it is located. I remember as a boy JL Jones furniture store. I believe it was located on Whitfield road. Whitfield road might be part of HWY 468 not sure.

It also brings memories of the Hour of the 50's tv show.

Tbonewannabe
09-20-2019, 10:30 AM
UK's secondary is suspect. Franks hit several wide open guys before he went out.

UK lost a lot of their secondary. If Tommy is healthy, we might have a big day passing barring anything else crazy happening.

TrapGame
09-20-2019, 10:45 AM
I have always found it funny that the State Mental Hospital's nick name was because of the road and area it is located. I remember as a boy JL Jones furniture store. I believe it was located on Whitfield road. Whitfield road might be part of HWY 468 not sure.

It also brings memories of the Hour of the 50's tv show.

I remember JL Jones wearing a cowboy hat five times too big for his head. My grandparents got all of their furniture from JL Jones. They wouldn't go anywhere else.

basedog
09-20-2019, 11:29 AM
Kentucky' pass defense is shaky, let's hope TS is healthy?

MetEdDawg
09-20-2019, 11:34 AM
Kansas St. is a vastly improved team. I won?t take that away from them. They hired a winner. Still, we had them on talent. We had them in home field advantage.

No matter how you cut it, it?s a loss that shouldn?t have happened. Having said that, loses that shouldn?t happen do happen. UK has issues, too. They?re playing a backup QB. They?ll have a handful of defensive guys out for the first half.

I would say by the end of the game the talent aspect was a hell of a lot closer than we want to believe.

I would love to see our team talent ranking with no Gay, Stevens, Autry, Dantzler, Whop, Murphy, Parker, or Gibson in the calculation. That's still not everyone suspended, but just those 8 right there from injuries or suspension is a massive hit to what the true perception of our team was in the 2nd half.

Jack Lambert
09-20-2019, 11:37 AM
I would say by the end of the game the talent aspect was a hell of a lot closer than we want to believe.

I would love to see our team talent ranking with no Gay, Stevens, Autry, Dantzler, Whop, Murphy, Parker, or Gibson in the calculation. That's still not everyone suspended, but just those 8 right there from injuries or suspension is a massive hit to what the true perception of our team was in the 2nd half.

When you take in suspension, freshman and injuries we are basically playing with 50 scholarship players for 8 games. That's below FCS level.

Maroonthirteen
09-20-2019, 12:36 PM
Watching live at the stadium, I didn?t know if TS was hurt or having a bad game. Hell he had two QB dives at the endzone.

After watching it on TV..... TS is definitely Hurt. I?ll be surprised if he plays more than a half tomorrow.

Tbonewannabe
09-20-2019, 12:41 PM
Watching live at the stadium, I didn?t know if he was hurt or having a bad game. Hell he had two QB dives at the endzone.

After watching it on TV..... he is definitely Hurt. I?ll be surprised if he plays more than a half tomorrow.

From seeing him throw in the first two games to his throws in the 3rd, I thought almost immediately that his shoulder was still bothering him. He made a few throws but the majority wasn't even remotely the same.

Duckdog
09-20-2019, 12:45 PM
If tommy thinks he's healthy and he looks good that's great. This first hit he takes he's going to be done. Sad because he looked dam good the first two games.

msstate7
09-20-2019, 12:57 PM
What's the 6th year medical RS requirements?

Tbonewannabe
09-20-2019, 01:01 PM
What's the 6th year medical RS requirements?

I think it was under 4 games but I could be misremembering it.

Pollodawg
09-20-2019, 01:24 PM

That?s likely true. It?d be awesome if we could ever put our actual and complete defense on the field for four full quarters.

Pollodawg
09-20-2019, 01:25 PM
We actually haven’t seen this team perform. We’ve seen bits and pieces of it.

Jarius
09-20-2019, 01:37 PM
What sucks the most is the defense improved and played a solid game overall, despite all the youth/injuries/suspensions. Huge let down by our offense.

I didn’t really see much improvement from the defense. We got 2 special teams turnovers on punts which caused us to keep the ball for nearly an entire quarter when they were about to get the ball on our side of the 50 and probably add another couple of td’s.

chef dixon
09-20-2019, 01:44 PM
I didn?t really see much improvement from the defense. We got 2 special teams turnovers on punts which caused us to keep the ball for nearly an entire quarter when they were about to get the ball on our side of the 50 and probably add another couple of td?s.

That's more an indictment on the offense to me. Gifted the ball and still didn't do much with it. We only gave up 269 yards, 30% on third down and stuffed them on a 4th down. We were missing Gay, Autry, Dantzler, Murphy. Their kickoff return TD was the back-breaker. Not amazing but not a bad defensive performance and plenty good enough to win.

Bothrops
09-20-2019, 01:54 PM
I didn’t really see much improvement from the defense. We got 2 special teams turnovers on punts which caused us to keep the ball for nearly an entire quarter when they were about to get the ball on our side of the 50 and probably add another couple of td’s.

There wasn't anything of note that was better about it.

Jack Lambert
09-20-2019, 01:58 PM

KSU had 269 total offense. I say that is in line looking at some of the other games where SEC schools play G 5's. Probably better since KSU is P5. USM had 344 yards on our defense and ULL had 430 total yards. So don't say the defense hasn't improved. Looks like they are getting better each week.

Tbonewannabe
09-20-2019, 02:05 PM
KSU had 269 total offense. I say that is in line looking at some of the other games where SEC schools play G 5's. Probably better since KSU is P5. USM had 344 yards on our defense and ULL had 430 total yards. So don't say the defense hasn't improved. Looks like they are getting better each week.

Which is what you would expect from as many freshmen as we are playing. This Defense is going to be good in 2 years when we have mostly Jr and Srs in the 2 deep.

NCDawg
09-20-2019, 02:15 PM

I agree. They were blasting pretty big holes in our defensive front, and some of their receivers were getting wide open. We really need another hard hitting LB on the team.

Scared_Hitless
09-20-2019, 02:39 PM
I agree. They were blasting pretty big holes in our defensive front, and some of their receivers were getting wide open. We really need another hard hitting LB on the team.

We have one he got himself suspended and hurt the team. D stood strong in the second half. If Autry and Gay were playing we would be better Crumedy is not ready. Also our safeties outside of Cole are nothing special.